Montalcino Ristorante Italiano
15 NW Alder Place
Issaquah, WA 98027Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Montalcino Ristorante Italiano
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://montalcinoristoranteitaliano.com/
- Phone: (425) 270-3677
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Michelina Nardone
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact Fernando for details.
- Private Party Contact: Fernado Nardone 2068180496
A word from Montalcino Ristorante Italiano
At Montalcino Ristorante Italiano fine food and wine are a way of life. All dishes are prepared with passion and tradition, using only the freshest, highest quality real Italian ingredients. Charismatic Italian family ownership brings a classic atmosphere to the restaurant where everyone is part of the family. A quality menu with many family receipts and a top unique wine list including wines produced by the family creates a perfect dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Montalcino Ristorante Italiano - Best Restaurants in Issaquah ›
Montalcino Ristorante Italiano reviews from OpenTable diners
108 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (91)special occasion (85)romantic (85)fit for foodies (77)notable wine list (53)good for groups (12)hot spot (11)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (6)great for lunch (5)great for outdoor dining (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- MontalcinoChickenLittleDined on 11/10/2014We again enjoyed everything about this small family run restaurant. The servers were attentive and prompt. this was our anniversary and we were greeted with a glass of prosecco and rose petals were scattered on our table. I keep forgetting that the appetizers are very generous and the meat and cheese plate was no exception. My wife's salad was also fresh and generous. We enjoyed the Pork Shank and Halibut specials, both delicious, generous and well-preparaed and presented. For dessert my wife again ordered the limoncello gelato, creamy delight. Another delightful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local findOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/9/2014I discovered Montalcino because a friend gave me a gift certificate. What a pleasant find! It's small and hard to get reservations, tucked away on a side street. It was very noisy because of a large birthday party, but once they left it was quiet and intimate. The food is fabulous and the wait staff is terrific. The food is very rich, so it's definitely a special occasion kind of place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notch ItalianBELEastsideDined on 11/7/2014After 5+ visits, I can say that every meal I have had has been outstanding. Traditional Italian dishes cooked and served by several generations of a family. Wine from family vineyard. Weekends feature a guy singing Sinatra and Italian songs. Seafood pasta special was amazing. Veal dishes are all excellent as well.Special Features:
- Fantastic night out!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/5/2014We love getting out for dinner here - the atmosphere is wonderful, small, intimate and lovely. The food is always fantastic and the service top notch. If you haven't been to dinner here - you should!Special Features:
- I love this placeBillBellevueDined on 11/4/2014I cannot say enough about this restaurant. I like the vibe , the food , the service and the wine!! The portions are big but the quality, preparation and presentation is fabulous. Highly recommend to make a reservation as this intimate restaurant has limited seating. That is one of the many reasons I like Montalcino. I feel like I am dining with a big family. This family owned restaurant prides themselves on attention to detail and to make your dining experience a memorable one. I will be back many times as I really enjoy their specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service. Very ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/3/2014I heard about this new little Italian place opening just off Front Street. Excellent food and service. Very Italian setting intimate yet crazy in a good way on a packed evening. Very inventive nice menu, food presentation was amazing and taste even better and we eat out often. We are wine people and prices / quality on wine list is excellent. I had the lemon chicken and homemade gelato for dessert. Appetizers were an excellent Caesar salad and the scallop / prawn dish (great sauce) a must try. Service was excellent! Very attentive and welcoming. There was definitely something special... felt like everyone knew each other and family-like. Pleasantly noisy, a fellow wanders the shop guitar in hand singing to all tables and chatting at each table; the owner visits tables, he explained and served us our wine. We consider ourselves foodies yet not in a snobby way. Not sure how anyone can rate this restaurant less than 5 stars, I didn't see one unhappy person in the restaurant. I recommend making a reservation beforehand, or you won't get in. Wonderful experienceSpecial Features:
- Authentic Tuscan FoodDiningAdventuresDined on 11/1/2014Great authentic Tuscan cuisine, singer on Fri and Sat nights adds to ambiance. Only 35 seats with no place to wait so book ahead on Fri & SatSpecial Features:
- Consistently great!sandydlcVIPDined on 10/31/2014We've always loved the food at Montalcino however they seem to have stepped it up a notch adding even more house made pasta options. Everything is fresh, delicious and some unique specials too. Attentive and helpful service and live music. It's a bonus that it's also close to home!Special Features:
- Best in East SeattleMarkVIPDined on 10/26/2014This is the best restaurant in East Seattle/Issaquah area. Small and intimate. Be sure to have an advance reservation. Your will be in for a real culinary treat. Great wine selections. Friendly and knowledgable servers. Have enjoyed 7 times now...each time as better than the last. We will return often!Special Features:
- Issaquah gemBillBellevueDined on 10/24/2014Tucked away in downtown Issaquah is an amazing Italian restaurant!! The menu is outstanding. Pasta that is home made. The nightly specials are fantastic and uniquely prepared. Portions are very generous and priced just right. The Italian assortment of wines is offered for any budget. The restaurant sits about 35 so the service is very attentive and efficient. You need to make reservations if you want to be assured a table. Restaurant was full in this intimate environment to create a very special evening. I will definitely be back!!Special Features:
- Authentic Italian ...12thDined on 10/23/2014Fernando and family have established an authentic Italian experience at their restaurant. Their food is fabulous, the atmosphere is cozy, their staff is on point and you simply want to return again and again. Great restaurant on the Eastside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ItalybluuroomVIPDined on 10/22/2014You feel like you've been swept away when dining here. From the food and wine, to the music to the service!! By far my favorite place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Food and Great AmbianceTwoOfUsDined on 10/18/2014This place is small, but it's worth the extra effort to book a reservation ahead of time. My husband and I sat at the tiny bar near the window. At first, it didn't look like it would be a great place to sit, but we actually enjoyed it. It felt like our own private little corner of the restaurant. The restaurant even gave us a heads up about our seating ahead of time when they called to confirm the reservation. You can tell the food is homemade and the ambiance is really warm and inviting. We will be back!Special Features:
- Couples retreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Great food, great ambiance. Just a little small but intimate. The music live music was very niceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IncredibleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014Incredible experience we all had. Montalcino is one of the best restaurants I have ever dined at. Our dishes were all amazingly flavorful for I tried a little of each, presentation is excellent and quality was top notch. Ambiance like you are in Italy LOVE this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian CuisineDiner4SureDined on 10/16/2014The food here is amazing...real Italian cuisine; just like being in Italy...with a first rate wine list. Service is great. Atmosphere is warm and family friendly, while still being intimate. They have an outstanding Italian singer who adds the final touch to make the ambiance perfect. We are already planning our return.Special Features:
- Still the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/16/2014We have been dining at Montalcino for a few years now and is still the best restaurant in the Seattle area. Always consistent with quality and always inventive with new dishes. always great ambiance, owners and staff are greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In a word - Authentic.ChizDined on 10/12/2014Authentic and delicious updated farm-to-table Italian food; attentive service, live music. Every visit, I am surprised to walk outside and find myself still in Issaquah!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Specials were greatTonyDined on 10/12/2014I think having a separate area, enjoying the specials and the family wine were the highpoints of our visit.Special Features:
- Always feel special here!YzmamaDined on 10/11/2014Not an east place to get reservations , but well worth the wait! The food and service are outstanding here! So happy to have this restaurant in our little town! No need to go to Bellevue or Seattle for the best Italian around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- crazycatDined on 10/5/2014Well staffed, attentive service, quality food with authentic flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fantasticceddy3Dined on 10/3/2014We have been going here for the past couple of years for special occasions. We look forward to it every time we go. The food is fantastic and the Service is exceptional.Special Features:
- Outstanding!tourguideDined on 10/3/2014I brought my Minnesota sister here to experience this wonderful restaurant during her visit. We had wonderful service, along with amazing food and wine. We started by sharing the Caesar Salad with their homemade dressing and which can't be beat anywhere. Then she had the short ribs which were a special of the evening, and she commented that it was the best meal she has ever had! I ordered another special of the evening...a wide noodle pasta dish with a creamy truffle sauce, Italian sausage and yellow bell peppers...yummy!! I doubt this place will ever disappoint...highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Meal We have hadGiacamoDined on 10/2/2014Best Meal We have had since we moved to Seattle from San Fran. This restaurant has quality, from the Chicken Montalcino a chefs creation to pasta with wild boar. Fresh , flavorful just top notch from start to finish. Make reservations for if we had not we would have never got in . Fantastic placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beyond Expectations!BMW535DriverDined on 9/27/2014Outstanding service. No words can describe their food, other than delicious and scrumptious. Wine list is amazing. Only downside was finding parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surpriseJayIVIPDined on 9/26/2014Just took a chance on this restaurant, and to our pleasant surprise, the food and the service were excellent. Great find on the eastside. Fresh ingredients, tasty food, and well presented. Will be going back again when we get the chance to do so. Very romantic ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding mealGMJ1Dined on 9/24/2014The filet mignon was the best I have ever had. The house chianti was excellent. My wife had lobster ravioli with a lobster tail on top. It was deemed excellent. I am not a big fan of live music so the house singer, though a nice guy, was annoying to have to listen to while trying to converse. If you're OK with live music and great Italian food, go for it.Special Features:
- Fabulous findmoi2againDined on 9/23/2014My husband and I have been looking for a good Italian restaurant on the east side. Finally! The food was plentiful and delicious. We will be back again. My only complaint - it was just a tad too dark in the restaurant, making it a little difficult to read the menu.Special Features:
- Hidden Gem Italian RestaurantPMSammamishDined on 9/13/2014This charming restaurant is tucked into a side street just off Front Street in Issaquah. Had I not seen the reviews on Urban Spoon, I would not have known it was there. Great food and ambiance with excellent service. The owner is very attentive and runs it like a family business, but the menu is more upscale. The Nebiollo from the restaurant owner's father's winery back in Montalcino was very good and reasonably priced. It's a very small restaurant, so I recommend booking reservations.Special Features:
- Truly Unique and WonderfulGiacamoDined on 9/11/2014We have traveled the world and dined in many restaurants Montalcino tops our list. This place is quality with a great uniqueness as you were dinning in Italy. The food is inventive and true freshness the service amazing with servers an owners having great personalities , like we were imported into a godfather movie. We just love this place an we are serious foodies. I'm glad other appreciate this restaurant and see what is napping here , truly unique and wonderful. Nothing can come close especially in this state.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding restaurantNcluvtodineDined on 9/10/2014This restaurant has outstanding service , wine, and outstanding food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great atmosphereshimmyqueenDined on 9/6/2014I've eaten at Montelcono's 4 or 5 times now. I typically stay away from Italian food as it is usually heavy, starchy and tasteless. Not so at Montelcino's. Their pastas are perfectly cooked al dente, their sauces complex and light and their ambiance is AWESOME!! about 12 tables total (reservation a must) so it's intimate and romantic. The staff is attentive without being obtrusive and the owner is a sweetie. There is also live entertainment (accordion, guitar) and that makes it the perfect place to treat yourself. My husband and I go there for celebrations or just to unwind after a busy week. We are always treated with warmth and sincerity. Portions are moderate (a good thing) and prices are fair considering you get entertainment.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2014Amazing food. Make reservations. Best Italian I've had in the area, including Seattle! Go!Special Features:
- Issaquah's Finest DiningkentagiousDined on 9/3/2014Have a fabulous meal from their Italian family recipes, enjoy wine from their family vineyard in Italy, get a Dean Martin or classic Italian opera song sung at your table and have the best dining experience you will possibly have in Issaquah. Be sure to make a reservation. The place seats around 30 and you don't want to miss out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing.kjcougDined on 8/31/2014Another terrific dining experience at Montelcino. We went for our anniversary and had delicious food, great service and great table side entertainment. We can't wait to go back because they make us feel so special. 10 stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Under Cover of DarknessmjarensDined on 8/31/2014Our party of 5 dined here on Sunday evening. This was our 5th or 6th visit for dinner. Our table was awaiting us upon arrival @ 7:00 PM. Our dining experience was great, but with one flaw. We ordered a bottle of their Montalcino family wine, and ended up ordering a second. Both the Caesar salad and the Heirloom tomato salads were generous and very tasty as starters. We five ordered Veal Piccata, the Kobe Beef Lasagne, and a special, the Veal Chop. Each of use loved our entrees. The food quality here is always top notch. The one flaw: the lighting was so dimmed down that we could barely see our food. Unfortunate, as the meal presentation here is gorgeous. Seriously, it was almost too dark to see our friends faces across the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the waitYzmamaDined on 8/29/2014Had been trying to get into this restaurant since it opened! Mostly my fault because you definitely have to plan ahead to get a reservation. No last minute drop ins here. Plan a head a few weeks and check it out! Lovely place food, music, loved the extra attention of a little aperitif offered when our table wasn't quite ready at our designated reservation time, and the follow out the door by the manager (owner?) about how everything was. Definitely will be back! Guess I better book now! :)Special Features:
- JoyceVIPDined on 8/27/2014Always excellent in every way. It would be great, however, if we were able to have a little more time between courses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic ItalianSuenJimDined on 8/27/2014Intimate, superb food, large selection of Italian wines, very friendly, higher end dining but worth it (in this case, you get what you pay for)!Special Features:
- Charming anniversary dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014We went for our anniversary and were delighted with our experience. Great service, great food, and a great wine list. There was live music, too. We will go back and would highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.