315 West 48th Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
SwissPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.montblancrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2125829648
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 3:30pm - 10:30pm, Tuesday - Saturday: 3:30pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Swiss
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Enjoy the best European Cuisine in New York. Try our Fondues, Swiss Specialities and Weekend Brunch.
- Private Party Contact: Maria Lohmeyer 2125829648
- Cross Street: Between 8th and 9th Ave
- Public Transit: Train:
C, E to 50th Street/8th Ave - walk south two blocks.
B, D, F to 47-50/Rockefeller Center/6th Ave.
Bus: M6 to 7th Ave/53rd Street M10, M20, M27, M50, M104 to 50th Street/8th Ave.
- Parking: No
- Parking Details: Parking lot adjacent to restaurant.
A word from Mont Blanc
Intimate Home Cooked European, Swiss Specialties including Fondue, and Austrian Cuisine; ZAGAT rated, Celebrating over 35 years in Manhattan's Theater District. The Best European Cuisine In New York. Come Dine With Us! Menus include: Lunch, Business Lunch, Dinner, Prix Fixe Dinner, Mother's Day, Valentine's Day, Easter, Oktoberfest, Desserts and Beverages.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mont Blanc reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (55)special occasion (27)fit for foodies (25)good for groups (24)great for lunch (20)romantic (16)great for brunch (14)great for outdoor dining (14)vibrant bar scene (9)kid-friendly (9)notable wine list (7)late-night find (5)hot spot (4)Show More
- Lovely European RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014We were looking for a European restaurant that had Schnitzel and Spaetzle. This place delivered in a wonderful way. The staff was very attentive and actually European. There's a bar and several small tables and a few larger seating areas in the front. The atmosphere was dim and quiet with nice paintings and a mural on the ceiling. We especially liked the framed thermostat by our seats. The bread and butter was very good. I got the special Oktoberfest Jager Schnitzel. It was very good and the Spaetzle was perfect. I would definitely go back and recommend it for a reminder of Europe and a restaurant with a little character.Special Features:
- Great Dinner Before The TheatreTedPDined on 10/18/2014A friend who is a "foodie" recommended Mont Blanc as a theatre district dining experience before going on to a play. Their recommendation was "spot on" and the entire dining experience was great! We arrived on time for our "pre-theater" reservation and were immediately seated. Service was prompt, efficient and friendly. The drinks and the dinner were served without any problems and the quality of each was top notch. The restaurant is a theater district gem. We shall return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeds expectations!FrequentdinerDined on 10/17/2014This was our first visit to Mont Blanc and despite the good reviews, our foursome approached the evening dinner with caution. After dinner the 4 of us agreed the restaurant, in particular Marie, exceeded our expectations in every way! The menu choices were extensive, the eye and taste appeal were exciting, the food delicious and the service was friendly, helpful and prompt. If we lived closer we would be regulars but must content ourselves with returning on our periodic visits to NYC.Special Features:
- Dining in the AlpsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014This restaurant brought us back to Bavaria and we enjoyed it immensely. I took my Grandfather here for the German cuisine. He ordered the Sauerbraten, which reminded him of a dish his mother made. I enjoyed the Beef Goulash. We dined pre-theatre. If you don't mind a 10 min walk and you love German/Swiss cuisine this is the venue for you. Maria will take very good care of you!Special Features:
- Fantastic DiningFantasiticDined on 10/9/2014Marie's is my favorite NYC Theatre dining experience. Anytime friends and family come to visit, I call Marie's for the best food and dining experience. I even have friends who visit from California annually and the first place they want to go is to Marie's! The restaurant has a fantastic Fixed Menu for theatre goers. No worries because you will make the curtain call. Friendly place, homemade delicious food and Marie is there to say hello. The best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DuffyDuffyDined on 10/8/2014It was "octoberfest" and the German food was delicious and authentiicSpecial Features:
- ladiesVIPDined on 10/8/2014You can't beat the fabulous value. It is wonderful for pre-theater lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prefix price gem!!!Foodangel916Dined on 10/1/2014Attending the theatre once or twice a month, has made me and my friends seekers of the pre-theatre lunch. This was the BEST we have ever experienced. The quality and quantity of the food was superb! We will be back!Special Features:
- Sundaysat5Dined on 9/28/2014Outstanding restaurant. We make a point to have dinner here every trip to NYC. On this trip to NYC we had dinner at Mont Blanc two of our three nights in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HomeyElaineVIPDined on 9/26/2014We had an excellent, Swiss-themed, pre-theater meal at Mont Blanc. The staff was extremely accommodating, turning the AC on immediately upon request and mindful of our theater curtain. Everyone was pleasant and the service efficient, but not rushed. The rosti potatoes were to die for as well as the just right veal sausage with a brilliant Swiss mustard: Thomy. If you like this cuisine (and we certainly do) Mont Blanc is a find.Special Features:
- skigolfDined on 9/26/2014Maria you have outdone yourself. We ate outside on a beautiful Friday evening. The service as usual was outstanding. We had cheese fondue and the Octoberfest Farmer's platter. Will go there again and again. What a gemSpecial Features:
- Always good.cescaDined on 9/21/2014We had a lovely dinner with visiting friends and sat at the open facade with an indoor/outdoor effect.Special Features:
- Great as always.JulesDined on 9/17/2014You are sure to have a great meal at a very reasonable price at Montblanc. I always bring out-of-town friends here, and they consistently tell me that they went there one more time before leaving New York. I am not sure what "foodie" means, but I know I love a great dinner, and you will be sure to have one here. The owner is so cordial. They have a prix fixe menu or you can order a la carte. Everything is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old style gemconversationalistDined on 9/17/2014Pleasant quiet old style restaurant with very good Swiss specialties.Special Features:
- joanneDined on 9/17/2014If you want great food, great service this is the place to comeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/13/2014The restaurant lost our reservation, so they offered we could sit outside or wait as a walk-in. Service was unattentive at best. The drinks we ordered were never served but still managed to make it onto the bill. The food was fine but unmemorable. We will not be returning to this restaurant.
- Capt Mike's ReviewCaptainMike46VIPDined on 9/12/2014Quite crowded before theater, although food and service were good........... Worth a try......... much quieter at 7:30 and thereafter
- Large portionsNCgirlVIPDined on 9/3/2014We enjoyed our meal and the attentive service. I had Veal Cordon Bleu, and my husband had calves liver & onions which came with a large portion of hash brown like potatoes; both were very good and such large portions, we took some back for another small meal. The cost of the entree includes a salad, potatoes and vegetable which is unique in this city. I liked their Sangria, and we both enjoyed the flour-less chocolate cake. It is a cozy pleasant restaurant, convenient to the theaters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- neigborhood gemtoblisDined on 8/29/2014This is located in Hell's kitchen, convenient to the theatre district. The price is reasonable 34.50 price fixe. The food is excellent and much than enough The service is very good. They have a variety of dishes to choose from. The sangria was good too. The cappuccino was weak and tasteless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In need of serious upgradeTheGourmetVIPDined on 8/29/2014Interior, menu, presentation, and food composition are ripe for modernization. The food itself was well cooked, the filet was a great cut and top quality, but the setting (from the menus that are falling apart to the outdate interior) require an urgent upgrade. I would also transform some of the classic Swiss dishes into the 21 century and I would avoid serving burned Roesti.
- reasonable and lovelySMV57Dined on 8/24/2014Had a wonderful Suday Brunch.. outside. Was not rushed, Reasonably priced including beverages. Also offer a 'business lunch' - 7 days a weekSpecial Features:
- Get the raclettebrenbrenVIPDined on 8/20/2014This is the only restaurant in the city that serves Raclette, fondue's tastier cousin. If you've never had it, make a plan to come here and try it. If you have had it, then you already know how awesome it is that Mont Blanc is the real deal.Special Features:
- EliGVIPDined on 8/20/2014Best bang for the buck in Manhattan. Terrific Martinis. Enormous portions of well-prepared specialties. And a great location for pre-theater.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected great--got outstandingRegularVIPDined on 8/20/2014Food portions were great and scary big. Service was very good and everything was include--sides, salad, bread.Special Features:
- SwissKalmillDined on 8/10/2014Nice food, nice people. We were not rushed. Reasonable prices.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience.JQPublicDined on 8/9/2014I spoke to the owner and she has been in the restaurant business for 32 years so she must be doing something right. Food was good and I had a German beer on tap. Price was very reasonable for NYC. Sever was attentive and courteous and answered any questions about the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very home likeOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/3/2014it's not fancy, food was excellent though. very hearty, very home made like, good portions.Special Features:
- great roestiFunDoDined on 8/2/2014great fondue too, one of the few remaining restaurants to serve it.Special Features:
- Great FondueOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/31/2014We had the filet fondue which came with 4 dipping sauces - Outstanding!
- SuperskigolfDined on 7/27/2014Excellent food! Excellent Service! This was our fifth time eating at Mont Blanc! So happy to have found this lovely place. You are well taken care of here. The cheese fondue is wonderful!Special Features:
- DeanJ326VIPDined on 7/26/2014Good homemade-style food with great flavor. Nothing experimental, but solid execution and reasonably priced.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/24/2014Wonderful European cuisine with an Austrian and Swiss emphasis. Very welcoming atmosphere and excellent staff. Great location near the NY theatre district but in a quiet setting. Reasonable prices for good-sized portions. We were only in NYC for 4 nights and we dined here twice and also went for late-night drinks after the theatre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cheese fondue?Hungry4FoodDined on 7/23/2014A good choice for cheese fondue, friendly and not too expensiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant needs a face lifeIrishMickDined on 7/19/2014The restaurant has probably seen better days, everything looked a little tired. The food was very good, and the service was super attentive. We were there for a pre theatre dinner, and they were almost too brisk in bringing and removing dishes. In our mid 50s, we were the younger guests the night we were there. I would return, but only when I really need a Swiss fix.Special Features:
- Delicious DinnerCathyDined on 7/18/2014We were warmly welcomed by the owner and her staff. We began with crusty warm bread and butter. My husband had Wiener schnitzel which he thoroughly enjoyed. The potato cake is one of the house specialties. We shared perfectly spiced apple strudel.Special Features:
- JJGMVDined on 7/15/2014Staff was very friendly and helpful. Food was excellent. My wife is gluten and dairy free and they sorted that out. The deserts were great.Special Features:
- Great FoodSatisfiedDined on 7/13/2014We did the business lunch menu from three course meal.Special Features:
- Start your weekend!helzVIPDined on 7/13/2014Great brunch menu. Variety of really creative breakfast items and everything delicious. French toast especially terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better finish all your foodNYNJDined on 7/12/2014Not my first time at Mont Blanc but likely my last. The portions are large and though my friend and I shared a meal, it was a lot food for us. The portion isn't the issue. The issue is that we were made to feel terrible for not eating every last bite. This happened with the cheese fondue as well as the dessert. We are both petite, we don't restrict ourselves to salads but also don't gorge on huge portions. The owner stood over our table in disbelief that we didn't finish. It was extremely rude and made us uncomfortable. We enjoyed the food and were paying for the meal no matter how much we ate or didn't eat. If they are going to get upset with their patrons for not finishing every last bite or drop of wine, serve smaller portions.
- Good .....except for....DncrDined on 7/5/2014The room where you enter is very noisy, but there is a lovely oasis in the back. The food for the most was very good, except for one item. I asked for a substitute for the fried potato pancake (which everyone says is delicious). I asked for a baked potato, but they said they only had boiled potatoes, which was fine with me. Turned out they were not real potatoes. They tasted like (and likely were) boxed mashed potato flakes that had been rehydrated and then extruded into sausage shapes. They were AWFUL. I told the person in charge that every thing was good except for that, but she did not seem to be concerned by it.I would recommend this to a friend.