315 West 48th Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
SwissPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.montblancrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2125829648
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 3:30pm - 10:30pm, Tuesday - Saturday: 3:30pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Swiss
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Enjoy the best European Cuisine in New York. Try our Fondues, Swiss Specialities and Weekend Brunch.
- Private Party Contact: Maria Lohmeyer 2125829648
- Cross Street: Between 8th and 9th Ave
- Public Transit: Train:
C, E to 50th Street/8th Ave - walk south two blocks.
B, D, F to 47-50/Rockefeller Center/6th Ave.
Bus: M6 to 7th Ave/53rd Street M10, M20, M27, M50, M104 to 50th Street/8th Ave.
- Parking: No
- Parking Details: Parking lot adjacent to restaurant.
A word from Mont Blanc
Intimate Home Cooked European, Swiss Specialties including Fondue, and Austrian Cuisine; ZAGAT rated, Celebrating over 35 years in Manhattan's Theater District. The Best European Cuisine In New York. Come Dine With Us! Menus include: Lunch, Business Lunch, Dinner, Prix Fixe Dinner, Mother's Day, Valentine's Day, Easter, Oktoberfest, Desserts and Beverages.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mont Blanc reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (44)special occasion (21)great for lunch (20)great for brunch (16)fit for foodies (16)romantic (15)good for groups (15)late-night find (11)great for outdoor dining (9)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (5)notable wine list (4)hot spot (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Get the raclettebrenbrenVIPDined on 8/20/2014This is the only restaurant in the city that serves Raclette, fondue's tastier cousin. If you've never had it, make a plan to come here and try it. If you have had it, then you already know how awesome it is that Mont Blanc is the real deal.Special Features:
- EliGVIPDined on 8/20/2014Best bang for the buck in Manhattan. Terrific Martinis. Enormous portions of well-prepared specialties. And a great location for pre-theater.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected great--got outstandingRegularVIPDined on 8/20/2014Food portions were great and scary big. Service was very good and everything was include--sides, salad, bread.Special Features:
- SwissKalmillDined on 8/10/2014Nice food, nice people. We were not rushed. Reasonable prices.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience.JQPublicDined on 8/9/2014I spoke to the owner and she has been in the restaurant business for 32 years so she must be doing something right. Food was good and I had a German beer on tap. Price was very reasonable for NYC. Sever was attentive and courteous and answered any questions about the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very home likeOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/3/2014it's not fancy, food was excellent though. very hearty, very home made like, good portions.Special Features:
- great roestiFunDoDined on 8/2/2014great fondue too, one of the few remaining restaurants to serve it.Special Features:
- Great FondueOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/31/2014We had the filet fondue which came with 4 dipping sauces - Outstanding!
- SuperskigolfDined on 7/27/2014Excellent food! Excellent Service! This was our fifth time eating at Mont Blanc! So happy to have found this lovely place. You are well taken care of here. The cheese fondue is wonderful!Special Features:
- DeanJ326VIPDined on 7/26/2014Good homemade-style food with great flavor. Nothing experimental, but solid execution and reasonably priced.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/24/2014Wonderful European cuisine with an Austrian and Swiss emphasis. Very welcoming atmosphere and excellent staff. Great location near the NY theatre district but in a quiet setting. Reasonable prices for good-sized portions. We were only in NYC for 4 nights and we dined here twice and also went for late-night drinks after the theatre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cheese fondue?Hungry4FoodDined on 7/23/2014A good choice for cheese fondue, friendly and not too expensiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant needs a face lifeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014The restaurant has probably seen better days, everything looked a little tired. The food was very good, and the service was super attentive. We were there for a pre theatre dinner, and they were almost too brisk in bringing and removing dishes. In our mid 50s, we were the younger guests the night we were there. I would return, but only when I really need a Swiss fix.Special Features:
- Delicious DinnerCathyDined on 7/18/2014We were warmly welcomed by the owner and her staff. We began with crusty warm bread and butter. My husband had Wiener schnitzel which he thoroughly enjoyed. The potato cake is one of the house specialties. We shared perfectly spiced apple strudel.Special Features:
- JJGMVDined on 7/15/2014Staff was very friendly and helpful. Food was excellent. My wife is gluten and dairy free and they sorted that out. The deserts were great.Special Features:
- Great FoodSatisfiedDined on 7/13/2014We did the business lunch menu from three course meal.Special Features:
- Start your weekend!helzVIPDined on 7/13/2014Great brunch menu. Variety of really creative breakfast items and everything delicious. French toast especially terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better finish all your foodNYNJDined on 7/12/2014Not my first time at Mont Blanc but likely my last. The portions are large and though my friend and I shared a meal, it was a lot food for us. The portion isn't the issue. The issue is that we were made to feel terrible for not eating every last bite. This happened with the cheese fondue as well as the dessert. We are both petite, we don't restrict ourselves to salads but also don't gorge on huge portions. The owner stood over our table in disbelief that we didn't finish. It was extremely rude and made us uncomfortable. We enjoyed the food and were paying for the meal no matter how much we ate or didn't eat. If they are going to get upset with their patrons for not finishing every last bite or drop of wine, serve smaller portions.
- Good .....except for....DncrDined on 7/5/2014The room where you enter is very noisy, but there is a lovely oasis in the back. The food for the most was very good, except for one item. I asked for a substitute for the fried potato pancake (which everyone says is delicious). I asked for a baked potato, but they said they only had boiled potatoes, which was fine with me. Turned out they were not real potatoes. They tasted like (and likely were) boxed mashed potato flakes that had been rehydrated and then extruded into sausage shapes. They were AWFUL. I told the person in charge that every thing was good except for that, but she did not seem to be concerned by it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mont Blanc is Our PlaceChoward66Dined on 7/2/2014My daughter and I dine at Mont Blanc every holiday season for our annual Broadway outing (4 years now) We have shared it on occasion with others for other special occasions but we consider it to be our place. The owners and staff are friendly and warm, the service is fantastic, the ambiance is cozy and intimate and the food is spectacular! We always get the fondue which we can never finish. It's right around the corner from the theatre district but doesn't have outrageous pre-theatre prices or crowds. We love it and will return for years to come...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fondue!TheJETDined on 6/30/2014Have been looking for a good fondue restaurant for awhile--now I've found it. Cheese, meat, vegetable--all in a lovely atmosphere, great service, good wine.....and in the theater district too! Highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- skigolfskigolfDined on 6/26/2014The food and service at Mont Blanc are excellent! The waiters are friendly and attentive. The fondue is exceptional. I had the fondue as an appetizer and the bratwurst with rosti potatoes as a main course. We engaged in friendly conversation with the diners around us. A great place for before or after dinner. I highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BwaybruncherDined on 6/26/2014Good food, reasonable prices. The entrees all come with a salad, potatoes and vegetable - no need to order sides a la carte. I've eaten there many times including when the restaurant was located across the street. This time I brought friends from out of town - they enjoyed it also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JuliancDined on 6/24/2014We enjoyed the quiet at lunch and the great value of the prix fix menu which offered ample selections. The food was delicious and there were 4 courses. The waiter could not have been nicer.Special Features:
- Meh.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/21/2014Not terrible, but not great. The non-Swiss options are uninspiring, but the traditional stuff is pretty tasty.
- Always a good choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2014They do everything well- food, service nice ambiance. Our go-to place for pre-theater and price is reasonable for the high quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a pleasant surprisegibsongirlVIPDined on 6/11/2014We were late for lunch on matinee Wednesday! The traffic coming into the city was terrible so we called, the fellow on the phone was very nice & said it would be fine, but the waiter was distressed that we only had an hour for lunch---really?? We ordered quickly, the omelets came quickly and we still had 30 minutes before the show, so all that huffiness was so unnecessary. Beyond that, the lunch was really delicious. The omelets were moist without being runny, the goat cheese smooth as butter, the bread to-die-for, This restaurant is ideally located for shows that above 49th, So, go, enjoy and ignore any testy waiter. Oh, one more thing---they are burning incense in the dining room which left us wondering----why?Special Features:
- okantwaunDined on 6/9/2014So I will admit it wasn't as good as I expected it to be. The Wiener Schnitzel was good but there was no gravy with it. My German teacher who was born and raised in Germany always said that Wiener Schnitzel had to have good gravy with it. It was seasoned very well though. The green beans were perfectly cooked and seasoned nicely. They give you hash browns for a side dish a whole plate of them. The bread was also good. Wish I had olive oil though. All in all it was ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mont BlancskigolfDined on 6/5/2014Great fondue!! The service was wonderful! The wine list is great. Would continue to go back and I highly recommend the restaurant for theater goers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food at a decent price.LouiseDined on 5/29/2014Although the restaurant is not so nice inside (and there was a big piece of wrapped equipment just standing near the doorway when we dined there), the food quality is OK. We dined early, pre-theater and did get out on time. One comment, for a Swiss restaurant, they should know not to heat the apple strudel in the microwave as it turns soggy and is not crispy as the filo dough should be! Note: I had to check one of the boxes above in order for the review to be confirmed but really, none apply. The restaurant is fine for an average meal but a "neighborhood gem, " it is not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjpoyanle experiencedinerDined on 5/28/2014Food was prepared well and the service was excellent. The prix fixe pre theater dinner was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great European FoodMisterBDined on 5/26/2014Mont Blanc will give you great European Food and Swiss Cuisine in particular. The quality is very steady and you will be able to enjoy either Lunch or Dinner in a friendly atmosphere.Special Features:
- A wonderful evening of Swiss treatsScottNY64Dined on 5/25/2014I've been going to Mont Blanc for the past 20, 21 years. It used to be across the street until some billionaire saw fit to turn the building into luxury condos. Sad day indeed. Luckily a restaurant opened up across the street and Maria took the opportunity and with it the excellent Mont Blanc with it's swiss creations still serves the midtown theatre community. The escargot in butter and garlic was delightful, using the bread to sop up the broth and garlicky butter. Pates were lovely as well. The veal in cream sauce decadent as always and my wife's veal dumpling light and delicious. Strawberry shortcake and a delightful dark chocolate mousse was the perfect wrap to our meal. Prices were reasonable and the staff excellent and accommodating.Special Features:
- DisappointedsassolaDined on 5/24/2014Reservation made and confirmation received from Open Table. Decided to call the restaurant direct to confirm on the drive into the City only to be advised that they had just opened and checked the computer to see reservations they couldn't accommodate. The guy that answered said he was calling everyone to tell them he had no room. Wound up stuck with no dinner reservation post Broadway show.
- Would not go backHollyVIPDined on 5/23/2014I found this restaurant not to my liking. Food, ambiance and service mediocre to fair. Would not recommend it.
- Wonderful!WoodstockDined on 5/21/2014Outstanding in every regard! Food and service outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpectedly goodDoubleffsVIPDined on 5/20/2014We we're late but called and they saved our table. It's old fashioned. But I. A good way. Not at all trendy but full of life. Food is Austrian/German, big portions and quite good. Great for a change of pace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food - Large PortionsAndiamosDined on 5/18/2014Would highly recommend this restaurant while in New York. The portions are enormous for the price and the hostess,Maria, was very personable. 'Drinks were also very generous. Try it....you'll like it - just like GermanySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good pre-show dinnerkljohnDined on 5/14/2014Mont Blanc is a nice find in the theatre district for pre-show dining. We had Tuesday, 7 pm tickets, and they facilitated our schedule well. We enjoyed our evening here and the food was good.
- Another great evening at MontBlancJulesDined on 5/13/2014The food and hospitality at MontBlanc's are consistently outstanding. There were 3 of us. One had the veal chop (to die for); the other the sea bass special (superb); and the other the salmon (delicious). We had snails and pate de fois gras for appetizers - they were as delicious as anything you eat in Europe, and so plentiful. The atmosphere is just so much fun there. Broad menu, included a prix fixe (which one of us chose). You are not remotely "jipped" or "begrudged" if you choose the prix fixe. I have never had even an average meal at MontBlanc. Just delicious, and unbelievably reasonable for the area and the quality. Don't miss the fruit martinis to start. We had a pear and a mandarin ginger - WOW! Great wine list, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.