Monsoon Indian Cuisine
4180 Dearborn Circle
Mount Laurel, NJ 08054Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
Monsoon Indian Cuisine
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.monsoonindiancuisine.com/
- Phone: (856) 234-0080
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm,
Saturday - Sunday: 12:00am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm,
Tuesday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pakistani, Indian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Catering services available for offices as well as large banquets.
A word from Monsoon Indian Cuisine
Monsoon offers authentic Indian cuisine in an upscale casual environment. Since 2008, Monsoon has be, setting higher standards for Indian cuisine in South Jersey earning multiple accolades since inception.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Monsoon Indian Cuisine - Best Restaurants in Mount Laurel ›
Monsoon Indian Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (20)fit for foodies (19)neighborhood gem (16)special occasion (13)great for lunch (12)romantic (8)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (4)hot spot (1)Show More
- First timerAdventurousDined on 11/21/2014Excellent - as newbies they helped us make choices which were excellent, especially the eggplant and fluffy rice. :) In the end we left quite full and ordered more than we could eat. Very nice color decor and a kind attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still best Indian food aroundMoorestownDinerVIPDined on 11/1/2014Our food was, as usual, excellent. Truly the best Indian food in the South Jersey area. Will keep coming back again and againSpecial Features:
- Great place to eatBrianDined on 10/11/2014We went to Monsoon for the first time last weekend and it was fantastic! The food was very good and priced right.Special Features:
- TastyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014We ordered one of the specials. We were a little disappointed in that it initially lacked the mango flavor stated in the offering. The dish was returned to the kitchen and rectified. Otherwise, food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MichelleShell01Dined on 9/19/2014I love the relaxed feel of this place, it makes you feel like you are home. After my first time coming I have been back 3 more times within the last 3 months. My favorite is the Curry Shrimp and the Chicken Masela. I loved the service that we received from the time we walked in until we left. The food is great and affordable, I plan on returning and trying something different. This is one of my new favorite places do dine!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good!JudyVIPDined on 9/18/2014The food, service and ambience are all really good -- it's so nice to have another source for Indian cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply GreatBricklaneboyDined on 8/31/2014The food is excellent and the tastes superb. Ambience is first class, as is the service. We are vegan and had no problems whatsoever; in fact the chef made some adjustments just for us. We've been here a few times and will keep going back.Special Features:
- Try the Lunch Buffet or as a groupGeoffDined on 8/30/2014The staff and the ambiance create a very comfortable and pleasurable dining experience. The food is good to above averrage, but I have been to better Indian restaurants. Going as a group is a good idea since then you can share entres and sample multiple types of Indian fare. The breads were not impressive but were an adequate companion to the meal. Some of the Tandori entres were very dry and the meat was cooked far beyond medium. I had the Lamb Vindaloo and it was very good. It was one of their spicier dishes and it made me sweat and reach for the raita. I wish the wait staff would more adequately describe the dishes and make suggestions based on their assessment of the customers. Going to the lunch buffet is good idea for sampling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something missingChalDined on 8/23/2014This is and will continue to be our favorite Indian place. The food is outstanding. There seems to have been a large turnover in servers. The owner is trying to fill the gap, but the waiters we've had in the past are really good waiters. They probably lack the skill to run a restaurant, but they were excellent at making recommendations. The owner, not so much. We will probably give it a little break until the weather gets cold. Hopefully they will be able to find some quality serving staff in the meantime. LOVE this place!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Staff & Food, too spicy for meNeophyteDined on 8/23/2014This was only my second time eating India food, and I think I need to research it a little more. What I ordered was not as expected, and it was a little too spicy, but I should have asked more questions. I'm going back, but will research India food and Monsoon's menu before I go. I'll also ask the person who recommended the restaurant for some suggestions. I enjoyed the rice and the bread. My daughter's dish (a mixed grill) was quite good, and I liked the staff and service.Special Features:
- bitemeVIPDined on 8/22/2014one of the best Indian restaurants on either side of the Delaware river; whether you like lamb, chicken or vegetarian, the food is always delicious, the sauces are fantastic - their chicken tikka masala is the best! The servers are always pleasant and very accommodating - you can get any spice level you like; plus, it's a BYOB - it doesn't get any better than this.
- enjoyable experiencemck246Dined on 8/20/2014Went out with my sister & a friend, I've been meaning to try this place for a while, I love Indian food, especially anything with lamb, & biryani. Host & waiter were friendly. Food was delicious, I ordered tandoori wings for appetizer they were okay came out burning hot though! My sister ordered the samosas & they were quite tasty. I had lamb biryani with raita for dinner. It. Was. Sooo. Good! My sister ordered the tikka masala it was ok I have had better but it was good, she enjoyed it. Garlic naan was really good too. We were too full to have dessert, so we skipped it. One complaint was we had to ask for drinks besides water, it wasn't offered by the waiter at first, also lacking ice cubes, I like my drink cold! But I recommend MonsoonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Indian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/1/2014The food was absolutely great!!! Everything we had exceeded our expectations! Can't wait to go back again this weekend or maybe one day during the week!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Indian buffetZettyDined on 8/1/2014Deliscious fresh food for the picking. Bright ambiance and friendly service. Great for a quick yummy lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 67 reviews are from the Monsoon Indian Cuisine reviews archive.
- Great foodtllak816Dined on 7/25/2014Great food. Nice sized portions. Sauces for the free appetizer were terrific. Adjusted spice level for kids so there was little to no spice. Kids loved it! Breads were excellent. Servers were attentive and nice. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LexyAlexisBVIPDined on 7/17/2014Best, absolute best Indian in the area. Never disappoints, always consistent - everything about this place speaks of authenticity. I am a die-hard Chana Masala and Naan fan and Monsoon's is the best. The service is always impeccable and the owner is wonderful. On weekend nights in the Fall and Winter it can get crowded - best to make a reservation. Since this restaurant has been receiving rave reviews, it is more difficult to get into it. But, that said, it is well worth it.Special Features:
- Consistent excellenceMunsonVIPDined on 7/9/2014The food at Monsoon is outstanding and creative. On our last visit they had a cabbage dish that was addictive and delicious. The servers are friendly and attentive. The only downside is that it is very easy to overindulge in their decadent buffet!Special Features:
- Girls' Night OutLizzieEDined on 6/27/2014My girlfriends and I celebrate each others birthdays by going out to BYOBs where we can eat and catch up. They were a bit reluctant when I chose Monsoon because many of the ladies had never tried Indian food, but they LOVED it. They had a great time, the meal was delicious, and they were pleasantly surprised when the bill arrived. The evening was wonderful.Special Features:
- Office Lunch OutOfficeGroupDined on 6/26/2014I made reservation for 7 and table was waiting and ready for us. The staff was very nice and the restaurant is very clean. I have never eaten Indian cuisine before, so for my first pass at the buffet I got a little bit of everything and liked everything I tasted. I went up for seconds and wound up getting more of everything I got the first time. The group included a few that were Indian and others that are not but have eaten a good amount of Indian cuisine before. They said that it was not as authentic as they make at home, but very competitive with other places they have eaten ate, considering most places have Americanized much of their taste (so not as hot or spicy). All agreed the food was of good qualitySpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/19/2014For local Indian food served with care, this restaurant is one of the best. The service and selections are excellent. The staff is very helpful in helping you order and the dishes come to the table well displayed and prepared.Special Features:
- Family GatheringBruceDined on 6/14/2014The wait staff was very attentive and helpful describing menu items. The waiter offered to comprise a mixed appetizer platter for our group of five based on the items we were considering; this was not something listed on the menu and was greatly appreciated. The food was excellent and plentiful. We will definitely go to Monsoon again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingGreatDined on 6/6/2014The food is great and service is very good. Will definitely go there again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Indian placeDavidDined on 5/31/2014I took a date there, made a reservation, and they gave me a nice table near the window. The food was excellent and the servers came by many times to see if we need anything.Special Features:
- The food was AMAZING!MotherLYearthDined on 5/23/2014The food was outstanding. The flavors were so complimentary to the other foods we ordered, spicy but not hot spicy. They are willing to taper the spice to suit your tastes, you just have to ask. It is a BYOB but in case you forget, there were lots of gorgeous, delicious looking drinks that were coming out to other tables, although we did not order any. The food is presented family style. Each of the four of us had gotten an entree and three of us took half of it home. The menu doesn't say it but everything is pretty much ala carte. Rice does come with the entree but if you want naan or a soup, they need to be ordred seperately. Prices were very reasonable.Special Features:
- Great Food! Great Place!lroesch04Dined on 5/17/2014Love this restaurant. Indian food that never disappoints. A total find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood Gem in Mount LaureldinewlasDined on 5/11/2014Monsoon is a neighborhood gem, with first class service and authentic Indian food. Great buffet! My guests were impressed.Special Features:
- bitemeVIPDined on 5/9/2014We brought some friends who were not big fans of Indian food - too much curry - but after this experience I'm sure they will reconsider - they loved the chicken tikka masala - one of my personal favorites and thought the breads were outstanding - especially the Kashmiri naan Needless to say, a great time was had by all Thank you very much
- Great food for picky dinerspicky2Dined on 5/3/2014Took some friends for first time visit.A vibrant place with ample parking.A must for reservations as it packs up quick.A bit on the loud side,but lively at least.Papadam served at first was a hit.Appetizers were nicely garnished.Quality was evident.Entrees were good size,as one can fill up quickly. The restrooms were interesting with unusual floors. all in all a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- spicydorisVIPDined on 4/29/2014one of my favorites is the tandoori cauliflower. always enjoy the foodSpecial Features:
- Fantastic AmbienceFoodCriticDined on 4/26/2014The service was great, the restaurant decor was beautiful.....and the food was excellent, I would definitely return.Special Features:
- Always deliversjojoVIPDined on 4/25/2014No need to worry about inconsistency her - Perfection.Special Features:
- We went for restaurant weekJRocks888VIPDined on 3/19/2014We went for restaurant week and we had to ask the waiter for a restaurant week menu after we sat down. The food was just ok. Some entrees were a bit bland. The service was just ok as well. The waiter didnt seem thrilled when we had questions about the menu. However, the decor of the restaurant was nice. We saw a lot of group gatherings.Special Features:
- Good Indian EatsEnjoysgoodfoodDined on 3/18/2014Loved the relaxed atmosphere, the waitstaff was very attentive, and extremely helpful explaining the different dishes. The desert recommendation of our waiter was absolutely delicious. 4 course dinner for $35.00 can't be beat. Food was prepared to our specifications and was very tasty, The restaurant was very clean, the music was low and a great accompaniment to the meal. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- FairLuckyLindaVIPDined on 3/7/2014Been coming on and off since opening. Food years ago spicy now bland. Tablecloths! Lunch be early. Buffet doesn't get replenished often. Using cheaper ingredients. Don't go without coupons! While service is attentive for buying or adding onto bill, their attentions to oversights like no raisins with halwa ( as written on menu) is taken as a joke and ignored. Lots of showered attention given to those of same race.Salmon delicious. Butter chicken fair. Menu limited. But it's in neighborhood and tables available. Would go back to support neighborhood. Was there when they bought local newspapers and asked clients to rate them for best of Philly. They skew their ratings for business hence why trust the food? Bit sketchy practice for my taste.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good mealMoorestownDinerVIPDined on 2/16/2014My wife and I came here with a friend of ours this time, and as always, the meal delivered. Everything was delicious and cooked perfectly. Love coming to MonsoonSpecial Features:
- happy dininghappydinerDined on 2/8/2014we went with friends and found the service and food to be very good. we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great experiencejojoVIPDined on 2/8/2014An overall enjoyable dining experience complete with delicious food, attentive service and a serene, lovely atmosphere. Looking forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Indian cuisineLarrySDined on 12/31/2013We have eaten at Monsoon twice -- most recently, on New Year's Eve. We were seated at our reserved time in comfortable chairs. Tables are reasonably close together so there was some noise, but it was not objectionable. Our server cheerfully opened the bottle of wine we brought with us (BYOB). Given the holiday, we were offered a prix-fixe menu that had a surprising number of choices for soup/salad, appetizer, entree, breads, and dessert. Our party of three sampled different dishes from each section of the menu and enjoyed everything we ate. The food was well presented and portion sizes were plentiful. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:
- great restaurantclfab86Dined on 12/21/2013I went to monsoon Indian restaurant with my friends for my birthday. The food was great and so was the atmosphere. The servers were great as well in that they gave information pertaining to each dish. Also, this is a byob spot. I plan going back to this restaurant with my boyfriend. Maybe Valentines day.cSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Indian foodMexVeganDined on 12/14/2013We enjoyed our evening dinner. We thought we would also enjoy the lunch which is served buffet style. The food was highly spiced which was done to prohibit going back for seconds. The Tandori chicken was good, but not enough of it. Spend a little more and go for dinner which is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.