10245 Main Street
Bellevue, WA 98004Neighborhood:
VietnamesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.monsoonrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 4256351112x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm Brunch: Saturday-Sunday: 10:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dim Sum, Seafood, Vietnamese
- Executive Chef: Sophie Banh
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Free Lunch Box Delivery to Downtown Seattle and The Eastside order online at monsoon restaurants.com/delivery
Monsoon boxed lunches feature fresh vermicelli noodles & rice bowls, fresh rolls, vegetable sides, salads and Monsoon's famous banana cake with every entree.
We also offer catering for delivery or pickup.
- Special Events: Monsoon hosts monthly wine dinners with some of the best wineries in the Pacific Northwest. We also host guest chefs, book signings and put together some of the best holiday menus in the area. Visit our website to learn more about past and future events.
- Cross Street: 102nd
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Free parking behind the restaurant is available in the Courtyard of Main apartment building. There is street side parking and various parking throughout adjacent lots. Please visit our website for directions and other parking options.
A word from Monsoon East
Monsoon blends traditional Vietnamese cuisine with Pacific Northwest innovation. Our contemporary cuisine is served in a modern, elegant setting. The focus is bringing the highest quality of ingredients from the Northwest and incorporating them into updated Vietnamese dishes. In addition, we offer private dining and an award winning selection of wines, spirits and cocktails. Monsoon East strives to deliver guests the best in food, service and ambiance. After nearly ten years of operation in Capitol Hill, Seattle, we are bringing the exquisite creations of siblings, Sophie and Eric Banh to Bellevue. We look forward to your patronage.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Monsoon East - Best Restaurants in Bellevue ›
Monsoon East reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (26)neighborhood gem (23)special occasion (8)great for lunch (8)romantic (8)good for groups (7)notable wine list (5)hot spot (5)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Clams and Mussells - try 'emBoboDined on 10/17/2014We've always loved Monsoon on capital Hill and finally tried their new bigger place in Old Bellevue. The clams and mussells in the clay pots are a must.Special Features:
- Top-Flight Dining ExperienceMiamidinerDined on 10/13/2014On our last night visiting Seattle we treated good friends to a dinner out. Monsoon East was FANTASTIC! After the noisy group we were seated next to left the noise level actually became quiet in the overall restaurant. The food was exquisitely prepared and presented and was very tasty. We enjoyed everything, but especially the Banana Cake dessert which was truly to die for! Our Server was extremely attentive without hovering and her knowledge of the menu and wine list was excellent and very helpful. Our only regret is that there is not a Monsoon East further east in Miami for we would go there regularly for excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodEnovaDined on 10/10/2014The food was delishes especially the pork belly, pork chops, and flank steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always an Excellent Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/7/2014Have eaten here with clients on several occasions. Every time have walked away feeling the experience was great. Especially the food. It's outstanding. (catfish pot is a must!) Wine selection and wait staff are top notch as well! I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/7/2014I've had the pleasure of going to Monsoon a number of times. The food never disappoints! I always have raw oysters and they have a very good choice of wonderful fresh oysters in different sizes. I've gone to Monsoon with people who hadn't been there before and it's always been well received as a really good little local restaurant.Special Features:
- Memorable experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/3/2014You know how once in a while you eat something that is so good you remember it for 20 years? The pork shank was that good. Their current menu isn't up to date, but it appeared that the pork was braised and then lightly breaded and then quick fried. The result was a melt in your mouth tender pork with a super crispy skin. The whole shebang was glazed with some sort of tamarind? sauce. The result was magic. The rest of the meal ranged from really good to fantastic as well. Everything is extremely fresh and vibrant. The service was friendly and efficient. All in all, the whole experience was fantastic and I recommend this place to anyone who likes Vietnamese inspired food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food in BellevueOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/30/2014I was very pleased to find such great food in Bellevue, being a Seattle snob. We went to the Bellevue Arts Museum and wanted to find a good place to eat nearby. Monsoon is it! Interesting menu and great food, pleasant atmosphere and gracious service. I highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Nice happy hourbobkapDined on 9/12/2014We came by Monsoon for Happy Hour and had lots of different items. We had wings, lemongrass chicken, pork belly, spicy albacore and Bo La Lat along with a couple of non-alcoholic drinks. All of the food was good, we particularly liked the lemongrass chicken and Bo La Lat, but everything was nice and tasty.Special Features:
- Fresh food/savory flavorssusan99Dined on 9/9/2014Love the fresh food here with right twist on spice and savory flavors in interesting combinations. Tried the summer refresher drink with lemon and basil seeds - it was amazing! The noodle bowl combinations are my favorites. Service is so professional. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in SeattleHappydazeDined on 8/16/2014Monsoon is consistently the best food in Seattle and the newly expanded bar and restaurant has made a great place even better. The wait staff is experienced and efficient and everything works at this wonderful Capitol Hill gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BiasedjaanupcDined on 8/15/2014When we asked to be seated on a larger table (that seat 4) we were told that they are only for 3 or more people, only to find out five minutes later that a couple was seated at that table? Not too pleased with this at all.
- LovechocolateVIPDined on 8/15/2014Great vegetables I was very happy with the string beans and mushroom dish and I don't realy like strong beans.?Mushrooms were the best in the miso cod dish. The crispy chicken is very popular and delicious. Snow peas pods great, noodles too. That's all we had and we ll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great FoodFlyhighVIPDined on 8/11/2014I have been eating at Monsoon ever since they opened in Capital Hill many years. Always very interesting food with an Asian influence. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Great date nightFamilydadDined on 7/26/2014I enjoy going here for a date night with my wife. The food is great and the service is perfect. Food prices are reasonable, but the drinks will bankrupt you.Special Features:
- Wonderful time at Monsoon EastOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/26/2014Took my step-mother out for her 86th birthday. We ordered the nectarine salad (unique and wonderfully tasty), the imperial rolls (perfect as usual), the drunken chicken (cooked just right with a nice touch of a sauce), and the catfish in a clay pot (fairly generous in size and the sauce went perfectly with our brown rice). We finished the evening off with their banana cake, which is served slightly differently than the Capitol Hill location, but wonderful all the same. We consistently have outstanding food and above average service when dining at one of the Monsoons. Monsoon East is an understated gem in old town Bellevue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyableGentlemanDinerDined on 7/16/2014When I want to have a great meal and actually talk to someone without yelling, this is my go to restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food and fabulous serviceMonsoonerDined on 7/15/2014We love Monsoon! Bellevue and Seattle locations are beautiful - I have some food sensitivities and the wait staff was so helpful in both locations. Really went the extra mile to make sure everything worked and made substitutions easily. Plus, the food is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 203 reviews are from the Monsoon East reviews archive.
- Drive to Capitol HillWhineOJoeDined on 6/21/2014Having been going to the Capitol Hill location for years now I was hopeful that the Bellevue location would be as good or better. Unfortunately, it is not. The staples that were on the menu from the original location, the drunken chicken, steak, empire roles were just as good as Capitol hill. However, there were many notable things not on the menu. Mainly the coconut creme desert and the Monterey squid, their two single best dishes. Finally, the wine list in Capitol hill has always been amazing. The wine list in Bellevue was a massive disappointment. Overpriced burgundies ($110 for an 08 beaune 1 cru?) and not a single french Bordeaux when the '09s and '10s are in their prime.Special Features:
- Slow serviceEyshaVIPDined on 6/21/2014the food was delicious as always, but the service was extremely bad this time around. It took forever for our server to get to us to place our order. Then we watched as tables that were there after us got their food while we waited and waited. Then my friend got her plate, but I had to wait some more. She was half way done with her meal by the time I got mine and that's when we got the appetizer/small plate. We got so tired of waiting that we decided to skip dessert because we knew it was going to be another hour ordeal. I've always been here for happy hour and it has been great. This is the first time that I've been to this restaurant for lunch on a weekend and I have to say the service was disappointing.Special Features:
- Excellent food, decent servicebobkapDined on 6/20/2014We've been to Monsoon on both sides of the lake many times. The food is always top notch. We especially like the claypot catfish (which we almost always have) and this time we also had the lamb loin. Both were excellent. Service was mostly good except for a long delay delivering our dessert.Special Features:
- LovechocolateVIPDined on 6/13/2014Loved the vegetables: string beans, snap peas with mushrooms) salmon was so so) didn't have much else but would come back(first time that I had Vietnamese)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nihonmachi quick bitenihonmachiDined on 6/11/2014after a planned visit to BAM, we decided to leave the car at the museum garage and walk the short distance to Monsoon East. Short wait and we were seated, ordered glass of sauvignon blanc and for one of the diners, a chilled glass of rose. We all ordered the bun with the vegetarian roll and the grilled prawns. we all chatted and ate our bun, the freshness of the salad and the nuoc cham dressing was so light and refreshing. I was only surprised at the grill on the prawns, I would have prefered a bit more grill on my prawns. excellant service and extremely appetizing.Special Features:
- a favorite1reliablefriendVIPDined on 6/4/2014i continue to take out of town guests there for the taste experience...and they are uniformly impressed...and so am i. i've been involved since the early days on cap. hill when i worked downtown and was delighted with the east side addition as i live in kirkland. thanks eric and sophie for being so good and what you do.Special Features:
- Loyal CustomerBruceLovesItalian4Dined on 6/3/2014I've been to Monsoon East over 20 times the last 3 years, primarily for lunch and sometimes dinner. I love introducing people to it because their reaction is always positive. Great service, prices and food.Special Features:
- naspringfieldspurDined on 5/31/2014naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaSpecial Features:
- love the claypot catfishOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/24/2014We have eaten at Monsoon East several times and tried different dishes but our all time favorite is the Claypot Catfish. It's an amazing flavorful dish that we love every time!Special Features:
- A gemMunniDined on 5/16/2014Incredibly tasty original recipes with healthy cooking and good value for moneySpecial Features:
- Great food/good servicesavvydocDined on 5/3/2014Actually, I became confused when I made the reservation & made it at Monsoon East, but thinking I was making it at the restaurant on Capitol Hill. However, they were very gracious & offered to seat us right away & cancel the reservation at Monsoon East. We have been to this restaurant many times & always love the food. The menu could be a little more expansive with more items offered. However, what they serve is great.Special Features:
- EASTER BRUNCHOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2014HAD A 10 MONTH OLD WITH A GROUP OF 4 - THEY WERE FANTASTIC - BREAKFAST GOOD - REGULAR MENU VERY GOOD - GREAT DECORSpecial Features:
- Quick lunchSushiLoveVIPDined on 4/17/2014Staff was very friendly. Too bad that their dessert for Restaurant Week was just banana cake. Their banana cake is good, but we wished there was more choices.
- Monsoon EastRoseDined on 4/16/2014The services is great, but the food taste a little bit blend for me.Special Features:
- Very slowOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/15/2014When we went in for lunch, we were barely greeted, the server did not ask if we wanted drinks, etc. and the service took forever. We had to get the rest of our food to go in order to get to our next engagement on time. Lunch shouldn't take 1.5 hrs, especially for something simple like pho.
- Flavors at Their BestbigguyDined on 4/14/2014Four of us met for dinner. One person is a Vegan and we decided we would order the $28 dinner special. This enabled us to have a true variety in all three courses which we then shared. What a delight to be able to eat many different foods. The tastes were sumptuous and we enjoyed eating and talking. Our waiter was Johnny on the spot and tended to our needs. We all left very full and happy to have shared excellent foods and quite the variety.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and relaxing atmospherefishboyDined on 4/8/2014We went for the annual "Date Nite" with another couple. This is the 3 courses for $28. In this case there were 6 starter choices, 6 main course choices, and 4 dessert choices. Plus of course plenty of rice (Jasmine or brown) was included. All were standard portions, in that they did not make anything smaller for the Date Nite menu. As there were 4 of us, we each got something different and shared. I especially liked the cabbage salad starter. But all the items were good, and well presented. Would have liked more local wines on the menu, but there is a reasonable choice as is. Wait staff was very good, and did not seem to mind us hanging around after finishing so that we could talk. Park around the back of the building.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch with an Asian twistDaveinKirklandVIPDined on 4/6/2014Let me start by saying that the only bad experience was about service (Fair). We have been coming to Monsoon since it was in Seattle and from the week it opened in Bellevue. We have arrived with many a latte. Now, after 16 years, they won't allow you to bring espresso in. They would just pour it into a cup to confirm there was no alcohol. This left a bad taste in our mouth after so many years. Now to the food. As always, an excellent mix of fusion. We enjoyed some sticky rice and some shrimp dumplings that were superb. Drunken Chicken is a safe bet. The Eggs Benedict on pork belly divine. Interesting cocktails including carbonated. The has superb. They also serve excellent lunch entrees in place of eggs. A great choice for dinner too!Special Features:
- Always a winnerGaryDined on 3/21/2014We've eaten at Monsoon East many times, and it's always a great experience. Rather than the same old entrees you find at other restaurants, their take on Asian Fusion results in unique yet very tasty menu options. Great food and service, free parking, Monsoon is an easy choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service was so soHarveyDined on 3/21/2014Great food, just wish the service had been better. The person bringing us water brought the tone and mood down very quickly., Not cheery at all...Special Features:
- Great place to enjoy the DineMingusDined on 3/17/2014Great place to enjoy the Dine Around Seattle menu offerings. Really delicious food.Special Features:
- Refined Asian foodhappyeating123Dined on 3/14/2014Delicious food - Vietnamese food with a twist. The flavors are excellent. We always order the Imperial Rolls, Asian Eggplant and the egg noodles. Make sure to RSVP for dinner, as they are always packed! Parking in back in the Marriott Courtyard parking garage.Special Features:
- TastyedyakVIPDined on 3/13/2014All the dishes we tried were nicely flavored. Loved the catfish hot pot. Nice of them to offer either brown or white rice.Special Features: