10245 Main Street
Bellevue, WA 98004Neighborhood:
VietnamesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.monsoonrestaurants.com/
- Phone: (425) 635-1112
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm Brunch: Saturday-Sunday: 10:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dim Sum, Seafood, Vietnamese
- Executive Chef: Sophie Banh
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Free Lunch Box Delivery to Downtown Seattle and The Eastside order online at monsoon restaurants.com/delivery
Monsoon boxed lunches feature fresh vermicelli noodles & rice bowls, fresh rolls, vegetable sides, salads and Monsoon's famous banana cake with every entree.
We also offer catering for delivery or pickup.
- Special Events: Monsoon hosts monthly wine dinners with some of the best wineries in the Pacific Northwest. We also host guest chefs, book signings and put together some of the best holiday menus in the area. Visit our website to learn more about past and future events.
- Cross Street: 102nd
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Free parking behind the restaurant is available in the Courtyard of Main apartment building. There is street side parking and various parking throughout adjacent lots. Please visit our website for directions and other parking options.
A word from Monsoon East
Monsoon blends traditional Vietnamese cuisine with Pacific Northwest innovation. Our contemporary cuisine is served in a modern, elegant setting. The focus is bringing the highest quality of ingredients from the Northwest and incorporating them into updated Vietnamese dishes. In addition, we offer private dining and an award winning selection of wines, spirits and cocktails. Monsoon East strives to deliver guests the best in food, service and ambiance. After nearly ten years of operation in Capitol Hill, Seattle, we are bringing the exquisite creations of siblings, Sophie and Eric Banh to Bellevue. We look forward to your patronage.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Monsoon East - Best Restaurants in Bellevue ›
Monsoon East reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (38)neighborhood gem (31)great for lunch (17)good for groups (13)romantic (11)special occasion (10)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (5)notable wine list (5)great for brunch (4)late-night find (3)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (0)Show More
- Happy Hour 3-closeILoveFoodDined on 11/18/2014The intent for this dinner was for Dine Around Seattle. However, we were seated in the bar and realized that happy hour was 3p - close. We (there were 4 of us) got one of everything off of the happy hour menu and there was not one bad dish. Every plate was season perfectly, presented artistically and we left more than satisfied! Service was great. Ambience was great. We had a great time and have already planned to go back again. Highly Recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/14/2014The food was amazing but we were shocked at the poor level of service we received. No explanation of menu, long wait times between server checking in and taking our order, a major issue with my drink ( served in chipped cracked glass and it took 20 minutes to get it back after I told the waitress) and finally she was more than ready to turn over our table.Special Features:
- mamakDined on 11/8/2014The food is always terrific here and at the Capital Hill location, but East is a bit too noisy for my taste (at least it was on a Saturday night). Lots of energy, service surprisingly speedy considering the complexity of the food. Validated parking behind the building.Special Features:
- Favorite restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/7/2014We have never had a bad experience at Monsoon East and always look forward to coming here. The food is amazing and the portions are just right. The waitress is honest with her recommendations. This is one of our favorite restaurants.Special Features:
- One of our favorites for years.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/2/2014This charming restaurant is one of our favorite spots. We have regular menu choices that we repeat over and over, although it is always wonderful to try the newest items also. On this occasion we took a young couple who are new to the area, and they agreed it would become one of their frequented special spots also.Special Features:
- RTseVIPDined on 10/29/2014The sautéed mushrooms and the claypot clams were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great rediscoverydawgfanDined on 10/29/2014Had not been back to Monsoon's in years....just fell off the radar....we have now been back twice in one week....back on radar and forgot how great the food was at Monsoon's....2nd time back took friends that had never been....they will be back soon tooSpecial Features:
- Took more than 30 min to get seatedOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/28/2014We made reservations online for lunch at 12:15 and were not seated until 12:56! We were entertaining a guest from out of town and it set us up in an irritable mood. Once seated the food was good and served in a timely fashion but I was just shocked at the poor coordination of the restaurant for seating.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/27/2014Some of the best food I've eaten. Spot on authentic Vietnamese food. Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellentluv2dineVIPDined on 10/23/2014The restaurant was crowded with energy. Food was tasty and service excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- monsoon lunchucmcDined on 10/21/2014It was quite crowded and noise level can be quite loud. Food is ok. The spring rolls appetizers were cold. But the ones came with the entrée were just right in temperature.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clams and Mussells - try 'emBoboDined on 10/17/2014We've always loved Monsoon on capital Hill and finally tried their new bigger place in Old Bellevue. The clams and mussells in the clay pots are a must.Special Features:
- Top-Flight Dining ExperienceMiamidinerDined on 10/13/2014On our last night visiting Seattle we treated good friends to a dinner out. Monsoon East was FANTASTIC! After the noisy group we were seated next to left the noise level actually became quiet in the overall restaurant. The food was exquisitely prepared and presented and was very tasty. We enjoyed everything, but especially the Banana Cake dessert which was truly to die for! Our Server was extremely attentive without hovering and her knowledge of the menu and wine list was excellent and very helpful. Our only regret is that there is not a Monsoon East further east in Miami for we would go there regularly for excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodEnovaDined on 10/10/2014The food was delishes especially the pork belly, pork chops, and flank steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always an Excellent Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/7/2014Have eaten here with clients on several occasions. Every time have walked away feeling the experience was great. Especially the food. It's outstanding. (catfish pot is a must!) Wine selection and wait staff are top notch as well! I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/7/2014I've had the pleasure of going to Monsoon a number of times. The food never disappoints! I always have raw oysters and they have a very good choice of wonderful fresh oysters in different sizes. I've gone to Monsoon with people who hadn't been there before and it's always been well received as a really good little local restaurant.Special Features:
- Memorable experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/3/2014You know how once in a while you eat something that is so good you remember it for 20 years? The pork shank was that good. Their current menu isn't up to date, but it appeared that the pork was braised and then lightly breaded and then quick fried. The result was a melt in your mouth tender pork with a super crispy skin. The whole shebang was glazed with some sort of tamarind? sauce. The result was magic. The rest of the meal ranged from really good to fantastic as well. Everything is extremely fresh and vibrant. The service was friendly and efficient. All in all, the whole experience was fantastic and I recommend this place to anyone who likes Vietnamese inspired food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food in BellevueOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/30/2014I was very pleased to find such great food in Bellevue, being a Seattle snob. We went to the Bellevue Arts Museum and wanted to find a good place to eat nearby. Monsoon is it! Interesting menu and great food, pleasant atmosphere and gracious service. I highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Nice happy hourbobkapDined on 9/12/2014We came by Monsoon for Happy Hour and had lots of different items. We had wings, lemongrass chicken, pork belly, spicy albacore and Bo La Lat along with a couple of non-alcoholic drinks. All of the food was good, we particularly liked the lemongrass chicken and Bo La Lat, but everything was nice and tasty.Special Features:
- Fresh food/savory flavorssusan99Dined on 9/9/2014Love the fresh food here with right twist on spice and savory flavors in interesting combinations. Tried the summer refresher drink with lemon and basil seeds - it was amazing! The noodle bowl combinations are my favorites. Service is so professional. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in SeattleHappydazeDined on 8/16/2014Monsoon is consistently the best food in Seattle and the newly expanded bar and restaurant has made a great place even better. The wait staff is experienced and efficient and everything works at this wonderful Capitol Hill gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BiasedjaanupcDined on 8/15/2014When we asked to be seated on a larger table (that seat 4) we were told that they are only for 3 or more people, only to find out five minutes later that a couple was seated at that table? Not too pleased with this at all.
- LovechocolateVIPDined on 8/15/2014Great vegetables I was very happy with the string beans and mushroom dish and I don't realy like strong beans.?Mushrooms were the best in the miso cod dish. The crispy chicken is very popular and delicious. Snow peas pods great, noodles too. That's all we had and we ll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great FoodFlyhighVIPDined on 8/11/2014I have been eating at Monsoon ever since they opened in Capital Hill many years. Always very interesting food with an Asian influence. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Great date nightFamilydadDined on 7/26/2014I enjoy going here for a date night with my wife. The food is great and the service is perfect. Food prices are reasonable, but the drinks will bankrupt you.Special Features:
- Wonderful time at Monsoon EastOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/26/2014Took my step-mother out for her 86th birthday. We ordered the nectarine salad (unique and wonderfully tasty), the imperial rolls (perfect as usual), the drunken chicken (cooked just right with a nice touch of a sauce), and the catfish in a clay pot (fairly generous in size and the sauce went perfectly with our brown rice). We finished the evening off with their banana cake, which is served slightly differently than the Capitol Hill location, but wonderful all the same. We consistently have outstanding food and above average service when dining at one of the Monsoons. Monsoon East is an understated gem in old town Bellevue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 205 reviews are from the Monsoon East reviews archive.
- enjoyableGentlemanDinerDined on 7/16/2014When I want to have a great meal and actually talk to someone without yelling, this is my go to restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food and fabulous serviceMonsoonerDined on 7/15/2014We love Monsoon! Bellevue and Seattle locations are beautiful - I have some food sensitivities and the wait staff was so helpful in both locations. Really went the extra mile to make sure everything worked and made substitutions easily. Plus, the food is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Drive to Capitol HillWhineOJoeDined on 6/21/2014Having been going to the Capitol Hill location for years now I was hopeful that the Bellevue location would be as good or better. Unfortunately, it is not. The staples that were on the menu from the original location, the drunken chicken, steak, empire roles were just as good as Capitol hill. However, there were many notable things not on the menu. Mainly the coconut creme desert and the Monterey squid, their two single best dishes. Finally, the wine list in Capitol hill has always been amazing. The wine list in Bellevue was a massive disappointment. Overpriced burgundies ($110 for an 08 beaune 1 cru?) and not a single french Bordeaux when the '09s and '10s are in their prime.Special Features:
- Slow serviceEyshaVIPDined on 6/21/2014the food was delicious as always, but the service was extremely bad this time around. It took forever for our server to get to us to place our order. Then we watched as tables that were there after us got their food while we waited and waited. Then my friend got her plate, but I had to wait some more. She was half way done with her meal by the time I got mine and that's when we got the appetizer/small plate. We got so tired of waiting that we decided to skip dessert because we knew it was going to be another hour ordeal. I've always been here for happy hour and it has been great. This is the first time that I've been to this restaurant for lunch on a weekend and I have to say the service was disappointing.Special Features:
- Excellent food, decent servicebobkapDined on 6/20/2014We've been to Monsoon on both sides of the lake many times. The food is always top notch. We especially like the claypot catfish (which we almost always have) and this time we also had the lamb loin. Both were excellent. Service was mostly good except for a long delay delivering our dessert.Special Features:
- LovechocolateVIPDined on 6/13/2014Loved the vegetables: string beans, snap peas with mushrooms) salmon was so so) didn't have much else but would come back(first time that I had Vietnamese)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nihonmachi quick bitenihonmachiDined on 6/11/2014after a planned visit to BAM, we decided to leave the car at the museum garage and walk the short distance to Monsoon East. Short wait and we were seated, ordered glass of sauvignon blanc and for one of the diners, a chilled glass of rose. We all ordered the bun with the vegetarian roll and the grilled prawns. we all chatted and ate our bun, the freshness of the salad and the nuoc cham dressing was so light and refreshing. I was only surprised at the grill on the prawns, I would have prefered a bit more grill on my prawns. excellant service and extremely appetizing.Special Features:
- a favorite1reliablefriendVIPDined on 6/4/2014i continue to take out of town guests there for the taste experience...and they are uniformly impressed...and so am i. i've been involved since the early days on cap. hill when i worked downtown and was delighted with the east side addition as i live in kirkland. thanks eric and sophie for being so good and what you do.Special Features:
- Loyal CustomerBruceLovesItalian4Dined on 6/3/2014I've been to Monsoon East over 20 times the last 3 years, primarily for lunch and sometimes dinner. I love introducing people to it because their reaction is always positive. Great service, prices and food.Special Features:
- naspringfieldspurDined on 5/31/2014naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaSpecial Features:
- love the claypot catfishOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/24/2014We have eaten at Monsoon East several times and tried different dishes but our all time favorite is the Claypot Catfish. It's an amazing flavorful dish that we love every time!Special Features:
- A gemMunniDined on 5/16/2014Incredibly tasty original recipes with healthy cooking and good value for moneySpecial Features:
- Great food/good servicesavvydocDined on 5/3/2014Actually, I became confused when I made the reservation & made it at Monsoon East, but thinking I was making it at the restaurant on Capitol Hill. However, they were very gracious & offered to seat us right away & cancel the reservation at Monsoon East. We have been to this restaurant many times & always love the food. The menu could be a little more expansive with more items offered. However, what they serve is great.Special Features:
- EASTER BRUNCHOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2014HAD A 10 MONTH OLD WITH A GROUP OF 4 - THEY WERE FANTASTIC - BREAKFAST GOOD - REGULAR MENU VERY GOOD - GREAT DECORSpecial Features: