10245 Main Street
Bellevue, WA 98004Neighborhood:
VietnamesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.monsoonrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 4256351112x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm Brunch: Saturday-Sunday: 10:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vietnamese
- Executive Chef: Sophie Banh
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Monsoon East
Welcome to Monsoon East. After nearly ten years of operation in Capitol Hill, Seattle, we are bringing the exquisite creations of siblings, Sophie and Eric Banh to Bellevue. Our focus is bringing the highest quality of ingredients from the Northwest and incorporating them into modern Vietnamese dishes. In addition, we offer an award winning selection of wines, spirits and cocktails. Monsoon East strives to deliver guests the best in food, service and ambiance. We look forward to your patronage.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Monsoon East reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (23)neighborhood gem (21)great for lunch (10)special occasion (9)good for groups (7)romantic (6)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (4)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Awesome!mimatDined on 9/19/2014Really tasty pizza, great service and just a great find! I'm originally from NY and grew up on really good pizza, so this is a real treat for me. My kids loved it too!Special Features:
- Nice happy hourbobkapDined on 9/12/2014We came by Monsoon for Happy Hour and had lots of different items. We had wings, lemongrass chicken, pork belly, spicy albacore and Bo La Lat along with a couple of non-alcoholic drinks. All of the food was good, we particularly liked the lemongrass chicken and Bo La Lat, but everything was nice and tasty.Special Features:
- Fresh food/savory flavorssusan99Dined on 9/9/2014Love the fresh food here with right twist on spice and savory flavors in interesting combinations. Tried the summer refresher drink with lemon and basil seeds - it was amazing! The noodle bowl combinations are my favorites. Service is so professional. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in SeattleHappydazeDined on 8/16/2014Monsoon is consistently the best food in Seattle and the newly expanded bar and restaurant has made a great place even better. The wait staff is experienced and efficient and everything works at this wonderful Capitol Hill gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BiasedjaanupcDined on 8/15/2014When we asked to be seated on a larger table (that seat 4) we were told that they are only for 3 or more people, only to find out five minutes later that a couple was seated at that table? Not too pleased with this at all.
- LovechocolateVIPDined on 8/15/2014Great vegetables I was very happy with the string beans and mushroom dish and I don't realy like strong beans.?Mushrooms were the best in the miso cod dish. The crispy chicken is very popular and delicious. Snow peas pods great, noodles too. That's all we had and we ll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great FoodFlyhighVIPDined on 8/11/2014I have been eating at Monsoon ever since they opened in Capital Hill many years. Always very interesting food with an Asian influence. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Great date nightFamilydadDined on 7/26/2014I enjoy going here for a date night with my wife. The food is great and the service is perfect. Food prices are reasonable, but the drinks will bankrupt you.Special Features:
- Wonderful time at Monsoon EastOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/26/2014Took my step-mother out for her 86th birthday. We ordered the nectarine salad (unique and wonderfully tasty), the imperial rolls (perfect as usual), the drunken chicken (cooked just right with a nice touch of a sauce), and the catfish in a clay pot (fairly generous in size and the sauce went perfectly with our brown rice). We finished the evening off with their banana cake, which is served slightly differently than the Capitol Hill location, but wonderful all the same. We consistently have outstanding food and above average service when dining at one of the Monsoons. Monsoon East is an understated gem in old town Bellevue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyableGentlemanDinerDined on 7/16/2014When I want to have a great meal and actually talk to someone without yelling, this is my go to restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food and fabulous serviceMonsoonerDined on 7/15/2014We love Monsoon! Bellevue and Seattle locations are beautiful - I have some food sensitivities and the wait staff was so helpful in both locations. Really went the extra mile to make sure everything worked and made substitutions easily. Plus, the food is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Drive to Capitol HillWhineOJoeDined on 6/21/2014Having been going to the Capitol Hill location for years now I was hopeful that the Bellevue location would be as good or better. Unfortunately, it is not. The staples that were on the menu from the original location, the drunken chicken, steak, empire roles were just as good as Capitol hill. However, there were many notable things not on the menu. Mainly the coconut creme desert and the Monterey squid, their two single best dishes. Finally, the wine list in Capitol hill has always been amazing. The wine list in Bellevue was a massive disappointment. Overpriced burgundies ($110 for an 08 beaune 1 cru?) and not a single french Bordeaux when the '09s and '10s are in their prime.Special Features:
- Slow serviceEyshaVIPDined on 6/21/2014the food was delicious as always, but the service was extremely bad this time around. It took forever for our server to get to us to place our order. Then we watched as tables that were there after us got their food while we waited and waited. Then my friend got her plate, but I had to wait some more. She was half way done with her meal by the time I got mine and that's when we got the appetizer/small plate. We got so tired of waiting that we decided to skip dessert because we knew it was going to be another hour ordeal. I've always been here for happy hour and it has been great. This is the first time that I've been to this restaurant for lunch on a weekend and I have to say the service was disappointing.Special Features:
- Excellent food, decent servicebobkapDined on 6/20/2014We've been to Monsoon on both sides of the lake many times. The food is always top notch. We especially like the claypot catfish (which we almost always have) and this time we also had the lamb loin. Both were excellent. Service was mostly good except for a long delay delivering our dessert.Special Features:
- LovechocolateVIPDined on 6/13/2014Loved the vegetables: string beans, snap peas with mushrooms) salmon was so so) didn't have much else but would come back(first time that I had Vietnamese)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nihonmachi quick bitenihonmachiDined on 6/11/2014after a planned visit to BAM, we decided to leave the car at the museum garage and walk the short distance to Monsoon East. Short wait and we were seated, ordered glass of sauvignon blanc and for one of the diners, a chilled glass of rose. We all ordered the bun with the vegetarian roll and the grilled prawns. we all chatted and ate our bun, the freshness of the salad and the nuoc cham dressing was so light and refreshing. I was only surprised at the grill on the prawns, I would have prefered a bit more grill on my prawns. excellant service and extremely appetizing.Special Features:
- a favorite1reliablefriendVIPDined on 6/4/2014i continue to take out of town guests there for the taste experience...and they are uniformly impressed...and so am i. i've been involved since the early days on cap. hill when i worked downtown and was delighted with the east side addition as i live in kirkland. thanks eric and sophie for being so good and what you do.Special Features:
- Loyal CustomerBruceLovesItalian4Dined on 6/3/2014I've been to Monsoon East over 20 times the last 3 years, primarily for lunch and sometimes dinner. I love introducing people to it because their reaction is always positive. Great service, prices and food.Special Features:
- naspringfieldspurDined on 5/31/2014naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaSpecial Features:
- love the claypot catfishOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/24/2014We have eaten at Monsoon East several times and tried different dishes but our all time favorite is the Claypot Catfish. It's an amazing flavorful dish that we love every time!Special Features:
- The following 194 reviews are from the Monsoon East reviews archive.
- A gemMunniDined on 5/16/2014Incredibly tasty original recipes with healthy cooking and good value for moneySpecial Features:
- Great food/good servicesavvydocDined on 5/3/2014Actually, I became confused when I made the reservation & made it at Monsoon East, but thinking I was making it at the restaurant on Capitol Hill. However, they were very gracious & offered to seat us right away & cancel the reservation at Monsoon East. We have been to this restaurant many times & always love the food. The menu could be a little more expansive with more items offered. However, what they serve is great.Special Features:
- EASTER BRUNCHOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2014HAD A 10 MONTH OLD WITH A GROUP OF 4 - THEY WERE FANTASTIC - BREAKFAST GOOD - REGULAR MENU VERY GOOD - GREAT DECORSpecial Features:
- Quick lunchSushiLoveVIPDined on 4/17/2014Staff was very friendly. Too bad that their dessert for Restaurant Week was just banana cake. Their banana cake is good, but we wished there was more choices.
- Monsoon EastRoseDined on 4/16/2014The services is great, but the food taste a little bit blend for me.Special Features:
- Very slowOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/15/2014When we went in for lunch, we were barely greeted, the server did not ask if we wanted drinks, etc. and the service took forever. We had to get the rest of our food to go in order to get to our next engagement on time. Lunch shouldn't take 1.5 hrs, especially for something simple like pho.
- Flavors at Their BestbigguyDined on 4/14/2014Four of us met for dinner. One person is a Vegan and we decided we would order the $28 dinner special. This enabled us to have a true variety in all three courses which we then shared. What a delight to be able to eat many different foods. The tastes were sumptuous and we enjoyed eating and talking. Our waiter was Johnny on the spot and tended to our needs. We all left very full and happy to have shared excellent foods and quite the variety.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and relaxing atmospherefishboyDined on 4/8/2014We went for the annual "Date Nite" with another couple. This is the 3 courses for $28. In this case there were 6 starter choices, 6 main course choices, and 4 dessert choices. Plus of course plenty of rice (Jasmine or brown) was included. All were standard portions, in that they did not make anything smaller for the Date Nite menu. As there were 4 of us, we each got something different and shared. I especially liked the cabbage salad starter. But all the items were good, and well presented. Would have liked more local wines on the menu, but there is a reasonable choice as is. Wait staff was very good, and did not seem to mind us hanging around after finishing so that we could talk. Park around the back of the building.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch with an Asian twistDaveinKirklandVIPDined on 4/6/2014Let me start by saying that the only bad experience was about service (Fair). We have been coming to Monsoon since it was in Seattle and from the week it opened in Bellevue. We have arrived with many a latte. Now, after 16 years, they won't allow you to bring espresso in. They would just pour it into a cup to confirm there was no alcohol. This left a bad taste in our mouth after so many years. Now to the food. As always, an excellent mix of fusion. We enjoyed some sticky rice and some shrimp dumplings that were superb. Drunken Chicken is a safe bet. The Eggs Benedict on pork belly divine. Interesting cocktails including carbonated. The has superb. They also serve excellent lunch entrees in place of eggs. A great choice for dinner too!Special Features:
- Always a winnerGaryDined on 3/21/2014We've eaten at Monsoon East many times, and it's always a great experience. Rather than the same old entrees you find at other restaurants, their take on Asian Fusion results in unique yet very tasty menu options. Great food and service, free parking, Monsoon is an easy choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service was so soHarveyDined on 3/21/2014Great food, just wish the service had been better. The person bringing us water brought the tone and mood down very quickly., Not cheery at all...Special Features:
- Great place to enjoy the DineMingusDined on 3/17/2014Great place to enjoy the Dine Around Seattle menu offerings. Really delicious food.Special Features:
- Refined Asian foodhappyeating123Dined on 3/14/2014Delicious food - Vietnamese food with a twist. The flavors are excellent. We always order the Imperial Rolls, Asian Eggplant and the egg noodles. Make sure to RSVP for dinner, as they are always packed! Parking in back in the Marriott Courtyard parking garage.Special Features:
- TastyedyakVIPDined on 3/13/2014All the dishes we tried were nicely flavored. Loved the catfish hot pot. Nice of them to offer either brown or white rice.Special Features:
- Awesome food. Bigger thanOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/13/2014Awesome food. Bigger than the original Monsoon in Seattle--not as intimate but food still amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Monsoon East a fair experienceSMDJHDined on 3/13/2014We hadn't been to Monsoon East in a while and were, frankly, disappointed in the dinner fare. We would rate the food preparation and presentation a "B-" or "C". The service was quite good and the waiter was knowledgeable about both menu and beverages. The flavors of the scallops and the bok choy were non-existent. The Dungeness Crab rolls were excellent, as was the Tnagerine salad.
- Vietnamese Dining at its BestMisty610Dined on 3/4/2014This was my first trip to Monsoon (either East or Seattle) and I will be back. It is vegetarian friendly with knoweldgable and friendly servers. The ambiance is nice with low lighting and comfortable seating. I was there with my daughter, but the curved, cushioned bench seats surrounding the back wall tables seemed to be an enjoyable place for romance - at least on the night we were there. And they definitely looked comfortable. The food was presented beautifully and was very good. I didn't like that everything we ordered was fried, but it was good! Definitely a place I would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dietary restrictions no problem!foodie90210VIPDined on 3/2/2014I had dinner with a few friends, both of whom have really restrictive diets. The food/menu at Monsoon were fantastic in that we didn't have to compromise in getting bland, ordinary food to meet their dietary needs. The quality of the food was outstanding; it was delicious. Our server was great - attentive and with good advice. This is a new favorite of mine. Thank you for coming to the eastside, Monsoon.Special Features:
- Tasty but saltyBellevueFoodieDined on 2/28/2014I enjoy the food there but wish there's less salt in their dishes. Great location, inviting atmosphere, lively lunch and dinner crowds. Love their exotic drink/cocktail menu. The Catfish dishes are great, again, less salty will be even better. parking on the street is impossible during lunch/dinner rush hours, but there is a parking lot behind the bldg... call to find out more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy for LunchPeachesDined on 2/25/2014Great food and moderate prices. I typically like the curry soup and order it with chicken, which I highly recommend. Last time I went I ordered it with prawns and received 2 prawns on top of the soup which were delicious, but then the soup was really lacking something. Tasted like too many spaghetti noodles with curry sauce, really needed the chunks of chicken!!Special Features: