Monsoon: Asian Kitchen and Lounge
48 Deer Park Ave.
Babylon, NY 11702Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $31 to $50
Monsoon: Asian Kitchen and Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.monsoonny.com/
- Phone: (631) 587-4400
- Hours of Operation:
Mon-Thurs 5PM - 11PM: Fri, Sat 5PM - 12AM; Sun Closed until Sept 15
Lounge: Mon-Thur 4:30PM - 1AM; Fri, Sat 4:30PM-2AM; Sun Closed until Sept 15
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Asian, Asian
- Executive Chef: Michael Wilson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Please visit http://monsoonny.com/catering.php for more information
- Special Events: Please contact our restaurant for further details.
A word from Monsoon: Asian Kitchen and Lounge
Monsoon, connoting seasonal weather changes across Asia, represents a wind of change in concept and menu for the Bohlsen family. It is the group’s first Asian restaurant and the sixth in its portfolio of leading Long Island restaurants. Monsoon bridges the gap between authentic Vietnamese, Chinese and Thai and what Long Islanders love most about modern Asian cuisine in a menu of exciting, explosively flavored food. The relaxed and hip setting of this 21st century restaurant makes use of all technology has to offer while presenting some of the oldest, and most tried and true, Asian dishes, brought the Bohlsen way, to Long Island.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAsian
Monsoon: Asian Kitchen and Lounge - Best Restaurants in Babylon ›
Monsoon: Asian Kitchen and Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
86 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (50)special occasion (48)good for groups (48)hot spot (43)neighborhood gem (39)vibrant bar scene (34)romantic (29)late-night find (18)notable wine list (12)great for lunch (4)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Have to go back!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/20/2014If you go to Monsoon, ask for Steven as your waiter. So knowledgeable and kind. Looking forward to going back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday celebrationSusieDined on 11/18/2014I love going here for my birthday. Not only do I get a free dessert but I also get a $25 gift certificate as a gift. The monkfish is spicy and delicious and the Shaking Beef is tender and always a great choice. Even the vegetable fried rice was very tasty. Great service and a beautiful restaurant. Always a favorite. .Special Features:
- Need to watch salt and sauceFoodLoverDined on 11/8/2014Appetizers were great but the side and main entree was too salty and shaking beef was like fishing for the meat in mud. There was too much of the sauce and very salty. It would have been a great dish if modified. Good for the young crowd but too noise for older crowd who likes to have a conversation and be heard. Service is good.Special Features:
- Trendy NYC Style Restaurant on LIGoozeDined on 11/8/2014Had the pleasure to check out Monsoon during Restaurant Week. Very vibrant atmosphere that reminded me of a classy NYC restaurant. Started off with the Pork Belly Steamed Buns, which were delectable...great flavor. Entree was the Korean Fried Chicken, which was great with a little lime and miso mustard. For desert, went with the Ginger Cheesecake which was enjoyably creamy. Included a piece of dark chocolate with ginger, which quite possibly made the dish. Definitely going back to check out the rest of the menu.Special Features:
- Great look...food was disappointingCurtDined on 11/2/2014The restaurant has a fantastic decor and the ambience is great. However, the food is nothing special. The lettuce wraps are better at a PF Changs, the salmon was dry, the chicken was an overpriced takeout chinese food chicken wing and the shrimp rolls were sub par. The desserts were good, had several different ones. Place is not worth the price...better to go there for the atmosphere and to sit at the bar for a couple drinks.Special Features:
- FOOD IS AMAZINGOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014THE FOOD AT MOONSON IS AMAZING.... THE ATMOSPHERE IS GREAT WE HAD A GREAT TIMESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014You will be told that the menu items are meant to share. This is true because they are placed in the middle of the table. However, the size of the items are a little small for sharing, so my advice would be to each order one thing and then an additional item to share or be sure to order appetizers.Special Features:
- perfect birthday dinnerrmpwDined on 10/29/2014we celebrated my birthday with my favorite meal, ribs appetizer, chicken fried rice, monsoon chicken and homemade ice cream. i tasted my husbands rib eye, our first time getting steak here, my husband felt it was the best hes had in a long time, steak houses included. it was moist and sooo tender. simply seasoned with salt and pepper. the watercress salad it came with was excellent and should be a menu option. Our server, Adam, was prompt and helpful with the menu. he helped us try some new drinks. the singapore sling pairs perfectly with the ribs.Special Features:
- Great food and service but noisydavkyrDined on 10/25/2014The food and service were excellent but the bar noise permeates into the dining room. Makes conversation a little harder to do. The bar is definitely for the 20-somethings--I don't think there was anyone in the bar over 30. We had a sushi roll, seafood rice bowl, a couple of apps, and salmon entrees. ALL of it was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunaDined on 10/25/2014Have been to monsoon many times and it's been one of my favorites however they've changed the menu and the food is just ok. Not the interesting selection it once was and it's pretty pricey with everything a la carte.Special Features:
- monsoonluv2danceDined on 10/18/2014first impression was really good, got seated right away had a reservation, waiter was good the food was good , my question was that there is no dress code? Saturday night - people coming in with shorts & t shirts and sneakers! I don't get it... I felt un comfortable, like I was overdressed in a shirt with a collar & my beautiful date in a dress, good place to hang out with your buds if you just wanna dress like you are going for a slice of pizza or burger...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingRettaDined on 10/11/2014We were really looking forward to eating here, we love Asian food. My husband started with the steamed pork buns that had no meat just fat. Nothing we ordered was that good. Our waiter was awful he couldn't even get our drink straight. His appearance was awful he had a black eye and looked all beat up like he was just in a bar fight. He never even asked us if we wanted dessertor another drink , just dropped the check on our table. We go out every Saturday night and have never been handed the check within an hour of sitting down. The building was beautiful but we would never eat there again.
- Babylon Express drink!WIRES123Dined on 10/11/2014Everything about our dinner was perfect. We had a little bit of everything from sushi, steaks, dumplings, and small plates. The Babylon express drink was amazing and they had Samuel Adams Boston Larger. Night could not have been better. two thumbs up!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/11/2014Skirt steak & Spicy tuna roll was disappointing. Rock Shrimp tempura appetizer was very good.Special Features:
- Not For UsoldfoodieDined on 10/10/2014My husband needed a better description of the manner in which the monkfish was prepared. Unfortunately, it contained things he could not eat. My dinner was excellent, except for the ice cream which had a strange aftertaste. We are in our early 60's and found Monsoon too trendy for us but i would recommend the food to anyone who would like to try something different and delicious. The scallops were wonderful and the appetizer platter was outstanding.Special Features:
- Loveluv2dineDined on 10/9/2014Love this place, was disappointed the upstairs wasn't open but the food and service was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great and very different foodJeannie42Dined on 9/26/2014Group from Huntington crossed the island to try this restaurant.It was well worth the ride,traffic and all.The service was terrific,the food is very different and well prepared and nicely plated.We will return.Be sure to try the Babylon Express it is great!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keeps getting better and betterpatkDined on 9/25/2014Service was spot on - on an extremely busy night, our server, Steve, managed to pay close attention to all his tables. Everything thing arrived in a timely manner, specials were explained and we never felt ignored or rushed. Food was terrific - as always. Adding steaks to the menu seems to be a hit. Sushi and steak were both fantastic. Have never had a bad meal here - compliment to the chef and his kitchen staff!Special Features:
- My go to place for asian cuisinermpwDined on 9/21/2014I love this restaurant, the food never fails to be great, the service is fast and comprehensive and its a few miles from home. highly recommend. the addition of the sunday menu and the other special menus makes it easy for anyone on any budget to dine here.Special Features:
- boopDined on 9/20/2014Very noisy environment. Waiter did not charge for Sunset Menu although order was placed from there along with his suggestion that this was an option. Did not bring my ice cream dessert, which was included. Bill had to be re-calculated.Special Features:
- Really Good Place..PaulykidDined on 9/13/2014I would highly recommend this restaurant. Located in the heart of Babylon. Very chic and the food is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hustling bablyon spotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014Thus large Asian restaurant was an Overall great girls night out. We ordered mostly sushi And appetizers. The restaurant was filled with lots of larger groups. Service was great, and management accommodating.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceKRO2514Dined on 9/6/2014I was at Monsoon with my girlfriends celebrating my Bachelorette weekend and everyone had a great time! The food was great and the staff was excellent... so friendly, so helpful, and just very professional! It was a great experience! Keep up the great service!Special Features:
- Good TimeJennie11743Dined on 9/6/2014Monsoon in Babylon was a fun, delicious experience. The staff was great and the menu had plenty of wonderful selections. We had both sushi and steak and they were both above average. (Warning, this is set up as a "family style" eatery so beware before you go if this is something you're not into). The vegetable sides were particularly good and there was more than enough food for everyone. The space is on the large size and there were a lot of big parties happening on a Saturday night, including a table of roughly fifteen women who cackled us right out of the place, but that was probably an isolated incident. However, it did get LOUD! The bathrooms are also really nice, which, for a woman is a real plus. Good time. Will definitely go again.Special Features:
- Not happy AT ALL.RaffVIPDined on 9/5/2014got THERE AT 9 PM AND WAS TURNED AWAY SAID THEY WERE CLEANING UP.Special Features:
- PerfectpatkDined on 9/5/2014The night couldn't have been better. Food and service were outstanding. There were 8 of us for dinner and everyone was very satisfied with their food. Everything was done perfectly. The service was above and beyond.Special Features:
- Dessert not so good . . .1717DrGDined on 8/27/2014I was disappointed to learn that the 'flourless chocolate cake' is no longer offered. Additionally, with this off the menu, Monsoon MUST improve their limited dessert menu selection. My friends & relatives look forward to topping off a 'good' meal with a 'GOOD' dessert. I REPEAT, THEIR DESSERT MENU IS LACKING SERIOUSLY. Moreover, when ordering a 'Belini' the choice of champagne should not be a cheap selection, it definitely alters the cocktail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Asian with a twistFrankieboyDined on 8/27/2014When have you gone to an Asian restaurant that also served prime steaks? If that is what you are looking for, go to Monsoon. If you are looking for the typical Chinese restaurant experience, don't go to Monsoon. The food here is excellent and the portions are generous but it's not like your typical column a column b Chinese restaurant. Having said that, you won't be disappointed with the food or the dining experience here. My wife and I always leaver smiling and with full bellies; bellies full of delicious food.Special Features:
- KayM.KayMDined on 8/20/2014Food is wonderful, restaurant is clean and beautifully decorated. The entire staff is welcoming from the moment you enter and throughout your stay. This is important to me. Nothing can put a damper on a night out like rude service, regardless of how good the food. Kudos to management for realizing this, they run a first class estalishment. Food prices are very reasonable as well. I have heard drinks are a bit pricey but I have only gone for meals so cannot attest to this. I will be returning soon.Special Features:
- The BEST!!!!!!!!foodie83VIPDined on 8/20/2014Hands down the best restaurant on long island!!!!! From top to bottom this place knows how to run. Food was to die for and the service couldn't have been better.Special Features:
- Wonderful experiencedeb2Dined on 8/16/2014The atmosphere, staff, and food were all outstanding. The portions were generous and beautifutifully presented. We were a group of 5 looking to catch up and talk while enjoying a nice meal. The noise level enabled us to talk, the food was delicious. We all agreed we would return. A pleasurable night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- high cost for bad food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014We were ignored by wait staff. Had to ask for water and drinks. They never came by to see if we needed anything. We ordered the large sushi/roll platter and thr rolls fell apart as soon as you touched them. They looked like they were made by a 10 year old. Highly disappointed. I will not return and will probably not eat at your other restaurants. Monsoon needs to have some kitchen supervision in order to insure quality product.
- TerryDined on 8/12/2014Food was excellent as usual. Always enjoy it. We brought friends to try out Monsoon too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wont go backjeffs1VIPDined on 8/9/2014I first visited this restaurant about 18 months ago...At the time, it had an extensive menu with excellent food. ON my recent visit we found the menu was cut back to only a handful of items...Many of the dishes we had at our first visit were no longer listed..In addition, being a bit of a wine lover, I oredered a glass of Pinot Noir, only to find out it came out of a tap..This is supposed to be an upscale establishment, but the wine list even by the bottle was sparse and so was the food menu as stated.....VERY DISSAPOINTING
- Creative food choices!!Bribri13Dined on 8/8/2014Excellent food. The scallops in a coconut sauce were delicious. The crunchy Brussel sprouts are a must!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!Karlhan85Dined on 8/2/2014Monsoon has great food, drinks, atmosphere and very friendly staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceEnvy244Dined on 7/31/2014Decent place. Meals were a bit small for the price. The portions could be a lot largerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fire alarm!LuckyDinerVIPDined on 7/31/2014The fire alarm went out for quite a while and the manager didn't bother to come over and say anything regarding that fact! Nor did he offer to buy a drink for the patrons at the bar. We then had dinner which was phenomenal, and our waitress Ashley was great! There were multiple people complaining about the way the fire alarm situation was handled- or should I say NOT handled!Special Features:
- The following 514 reviews are from the Monsoon: Asian Kitchen and Lounge reviews archive.
- Outstanding!!!!foodie83VIPDined on 7/25/2014Hands down the best restaurant on long island!!!!! From top to bottom this place knows how to run. Food was to die for and the service couldn't have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/21/2014Great food, service, and atmosphere. My only complaint is that I stated in my open table reservation that it was my fiances birthday and the message was somehow lost, this is very unlike a bohlson restaurant as they strive for perfection.Special Features: