Monsoon: Asian Kitchen and Lounge
48 Deer Park Ave.
Babylon, NY 11702Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $31 to $50
Monsoon: Asian Kitchen and Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.monsoonny.com/
- Phone: 6315874400x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon-Thurs 5PM - 11PM: Fri, Sat 5PM - 12AM; Sun Closed until Sept 15
Lounge: Mon-Thur 4:30PM - 1AM; Fri, Sat 4:30PM-2AM; Sun Closed until Sept 15
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Asian, Asian
- Executive Chef: Michael Wilson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Please visit http://monsoonny.com/catering.php for more information
- Special Events: Please contact our restaurant for further details.
A word from Monsoon: Asian Kitchen and Lounge
Monsoon, connoting seasonal weather changes across Asia, represents a wind of change in concept and menu for the Bohlsen family. It is the group’s first Asian restaurant and the sixth in its portfolio of leading Long Island restaurants. Monsoon bridges the gap between authentic Vietnamese, Chinese and Thai and what Long Islanders love most about modern Asian cuisine in a menu of exciting, explosively flavored food. The relaxed and hip setting of this 21st century restaurant makes use of all technology has to offer while presenting some of the oldest, and most tried and true, Asian dishes, brought the Bohlsen way, to Long Island.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Monsoon: Asian Kitchen and Lounge - Best Restaurants in Babylon ›
Monsoon: Asian Kitchen and Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (32)fit for foodies (29)hot spot (25)vibrant bar scene (23)good for groups (23)neighborhood gem (22)romantic (22)late-night find (12)notable wine list (7)great for lunch (4)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Dessert not so good . . .OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/27/2014I was disappointed to learn that the 'flourless chocolate cake' is no longer offered. Additionally, with this off the menu, Monsoon MUST improve their limited dessert menu selection. My friends & relatives look forward to topping off a 'good' meal with a 'GOOD' dessert. I REPEAT, THEIR DESSERT MENU IS LACKING SERIOUSLY. Moreover, when ordering a 'Belini' the choice of champagne should not be a cheap selection, it definitely alters the cocktail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KayM.KayMDined on 8/20/2014Food is wonderful, restaurant is clean and beautifully decorated. The entire staff is welcoming from the moment you enter and throughout your stay. This is important to me. Nothing can put a damper on a night out like rude service, regardless of how good the food. Kudos to management for realizing this, they run a first class estalishment. Food prices are very reasonable as well. I have heard drinks are a bit pricey but I have only gone for meals so cannot attest to this. I will be returning soon.Special Features:
- Wonderful experiencedeb2Dined on 8/16/2014The atmosphere, staff, and food were all outstanding. The portions were generous and beautifutifully presented. We were a group of 5 looking to catch up and talk while enjoying a nice meal. The noise level enabled us to talk, the food was delicious. We all agreed we would return. A pleasurable night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- high cost for bad food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014We were ignored by wait staff. Had to ask for water and drinks. They never came by to see if we needed anything. We ordered the large sushi/roll platter and thr rolls fell apart as soon as you touched them. They looked like they were made by a 10 year old. Highly disappointed. I will not return and will probably not eat at your other restaurants. Monsoon needs to have some kitchen supervision in order to insure quality product.
- TerryDined on 8/12/2014Food was excellent as usual. Always enjoy it. We brought friends to try out Monsoon too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wont go backjeffs1VIPDined on 8/9/2014I first visited this restaurant about 18 months ago...At the time, it had an extensive menu with excellent food. ON my recent visit we found the menu was cut back to only a handful of items...Many of the dishes we had at our first visit were no longer listed..In addition, being a bit of a wine lover, I oredered a glass of Pinot Noir, only to find out it came out of a tap..This is supposed to be an upscale establishment, but the wine list even by the bottle was sparse and so was the food menu as stated.....VERY DISSAPOINTING
- Creative food choices!!Bribri13Dined on 8/8/2014Excellent food. The scallops in a coconut sauce were delicious. The crunchy Brussel sprouts are a must!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!Karlhan85Dined on 8/2/2014Monsoon has great food, drinks, atmosphere and very friendly staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceEnvy244Dined on 7/31/2014Decent place. Meals were a bit small for the price. The portions could be a lot largerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fire alarm!LuckyDinerVIPDined on 7/31/2014The fire alarm went out for quite a while and the manager didn't bother to come over and say anything regarding that fact! Nor did he offer to buy a drink for the patrons at the bar. We then had dinner which was phenomenal, and our waitress Ashley was great! There were multiple people complaining about the way the fire alarm situation was handled- or should I say NOT handled!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/21/2014Great food, service, and atmosphere. My only complaint is that I stated in my open table reservation that it was my fiances birthday and the message was somehow lost, this is very unlike a bohlson restaurant as they strive for perfection.Special Features:
- Great Meal!NewFavoriteDined on 7/14/2014Great meal. Good portion size as we took home a doggy bag. Katherine our server was perfect. Went early on a Monday and it wasn't busy at all. Definitely going back.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014We have been to Monsoon many times and have yet to be disappointed in any way. Friendly, very professional staff, great ambience and fabulous, unique dishes.Special Features:
- Simply AwesomeTheEVPDined on 7/8/2014Just trust me on this....order the Japanese Cowboy Roll.Special Features:
- chefinbabylonDined on 6/21/2014Our waitress was awesome & the food was good. I tried a different cucumber drink - it was good but not my style so she brought me a different one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh - Foof vs. ValueSkyReviewDined on 6/20/2014Atmosphere has that "cool NY" going on... The menu has interesting selections... The noise was very "happy hour" ... Can recommend the Brussels Sprouts side dish... To spend 5-star dollars the patron has a right to expect premium service and spectacular dishes ... The food we received was basically good, but not outstanding considering the prices charged ...Special Features:
- ExcellentMarieVIPDined on 6/14/2014My husband and I went for date night and we were very happy with the level of service and food. I have a gluten intolerance and our server, Katherine, was very helpful. She was also very nice. We would definitely go back to Monsoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had high expectationsMediaqueenVIPDined on 6/14/2014Had heard really good things but overall was disappointed. We had early reservation on sat (745) so it was not a scene as I had been warned. Cocktails were good and I liked the choices. We liked appetizer sampler but aside from pork buns nothing stood out. We shared 3 main dishes and they all seemed to be in the same universal heavily salted sauce. Cod was the best of the entrees the other 2 one meat and one chicken tasted the same. Expensive and could be great fun location but food needs some attention.
- Something newLizzieVIPDined on 6/13/2014Trying some new places closer to home and thoroughly enjoyed it.Special Features:
- OkayanonDined on 6/13/2014Went for my birthday. Food was good, I highly recommend the black cod. Edamame dumplings were okay, Buddakan has better ones. Vegetable dumplings and shrimp starter were yummy. Dessert options were eh. Service and staff were amazing and super friendly. Basically, its a long island version of Buddakan that has decent food but isn't as amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- was okmnsoongrtfoodDined on 6/10/2014Been to monsoon because really enjoyed self but this time was too noisy too uncomfortable upstairs is much better than downstairs section.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love This RestaurantJoyceLDined on 6/8/2014Have eaten here more than a few times and it is always consistent. Had a wonderful meal, was not rushed, great service and look forward to returning there again.Special Features:
- Always wonderful great ambiance!MargoVIPDined on 6/7/2014Great sushi and martinis in a nice setting! Good service as well makes it a nice place to eat!Special Features:
- Not worth itmichaelDined on 5/24/2014The restaurant is very beautiful inside and the staff was friendly and attentive. The food was really mediocre ; and given the price it is impossible to recommend. At half the price maybe ; but at these prices it is unacceptable. There are many smaller less dramatic settings where you eat much better.And ultimately it is about the food.Special Features:
- Portion PerfectLoVeRBDined on 5/11/2014The food is elegant and flavorful, WANT SUSHI!? Great idea, INDEED. There is a roll named "cowboy" something, it was phenomenal! Packed w/a kick & smokey flavors. This past visit was a dedicated time to try 1 of the main courses. This is what really kicked my taste buds in gear! Unique ingredients,hearty & a combo of flavors ur mouth will water from! Cocktails= Babylon Express, YES PLZ! ;) "SHAKY BEEF?"=melts in ur mouth good!! Servicers=friendly & helpful, 2X and both servers were gr8. I gave it 4 stars vs 5 only cuz of COST. WELL WORTH IT! BUT not a Place I would be able to come to as often as I'd like to. Lastly, there is a touch of SNOBBY-ISH TUDE in the area. Come dressed for the oscars you'll fit right in lol (just a caution) :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/10/2014My wife and I have dined at Monsoon five or six times now the service is excellent and the food is superb we have not had a meal that was not top notch. It will remain a favorite dining establishment for us and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NancyDined on 5/6/2014Very decent food, a tad pricey for Babylon, beautiful inside. I would definitely recommend this place for special occasions.Special Features:
- The Great Monsoon !LuvUncleJacks1Dined on 5/4/2014My wfe and I have been to Monsoon many times and have never been disapointed...the food, the service, the venue...just great...We love Monsoon !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lively But DeafiningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/3/2014The food was good. Service was excellent. Noise level is very difficult to handle in the small rooms.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/3/2014Good food but the room we sat in was so loud that it made for a disappointing dining experience.Special Features:
- VegasdaveDined on 5/3/2014The appetizers and salads were really good. But the main courses were terrible. One sushi roll had to be returned. It was uneatable. The fish seemed old and smelled. Another salmon entree was also really bad. Again, the fish seemed old. Ie was very dry and had an unpleasant odor. The third entree was a pad Thai dish that was also subpar compared to other restaurants we have had it. The service was spotty at best. Water glasses went unfilled and the waitress would diss apes for long stretches at a time. I would not go back to this restaurant.
- JLP718Dined on 5/3/2014salad, Octopus & Monk fish excellent skirt steak tasty but tough very good ambiance . Exellent se4rviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 481 reviews are from the Monsoon: Asian Kitchen and Lounge reviews archive.
- delicious and trendyash121681Dined on 5/2/2014Amazing food, fun, trendy vibe! Try the shredded duck buns! Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant weekKel64Dined on 5/2/2014I tried it w my girlfriends, because of restaurant wk & special menu. It was very good & I would definitely go back with my husband. It is expensive, so I would go again on a special occasion.Special Features:
- Excellent Asian Fusion...RadarrogueDined on 5/2/2014as always. We like the simpler revamped menu, except for the removal of our FAVORITE dish, the millionaire curry crab. Tried the ramen for the first time and loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, great food!LetseatDined on 5/1/2014We arrived at Monsoon for our dinner reservation right on time. We were greeted by the hostess and noticed that the restaurant was not yet very crowded so we asked if we could hang at the bar for a couple of pre dinner drinks. Not a problem it was happy hour and the bar tender made my wife a Monsoon Signature Bloody Mary, she loved it. We were seated for dinner and were very happy with our friendly professional waitress. The dinner was a mix of sushi, sashimi, and rolls that were fresh melt in your mouth pieces of delicious fish. My son enjoyed his perfectly prepared skirt steak entree and octopus appetizer. The portions of food were also very generous. Two thumbs up!! Will be going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New FindOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/27/2014I found Monsoon to have a great ambience but, the food wasn't that great. This spot definitely has a NYC feel and they charge NYC prices for drinks. Unfortunately, this spot in Babylon Village not NYC. I would go again, not for food but drinks and appetizers. The menu reminded me of PF changs. I would like to reiterate that the ambience is great but the food is just okay.Special Features:
- Enjoy a meal elsewhereCriticalDined on 4/27/2014I have been to Monsoon before and this time I brought my son with me because I had told him how great it was. The worst meal ever and 45 minutes to get a meal and we needed to ask for a server to give our order. The dumplings were cold; the pork fried rice tasted like it was seeped in pork broth and it had huge chunks of shredded pork; inedible. The main dishes were mediocre at best; the chicken with pineapple had 1 small piece of pineapple; I think. Then they said they would take off for the dumplings but they were included in the 2 year anniversary special so when I got the bill I forgot to question that. I could not wait to leave. I told them I would not return. It was not worth $90.00; not even close.
- delightful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014Monsoon was lovely as always. The was great, very tasty. The waitress was delightful, she made great recommendations. My husband and I will definitely recommend this place!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/25/2014wonderful experience, a little pricey but dined under dinner special and was reasonable...looking forward to restaurant week...Special Features: