Monsoon: Asian Kitchen and Lounge
48 Deer Park Ave.
Babylon, NY 11702Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $31 to $50
Monsoon: Asian Kitchen and Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.monsoonny.com/
- Phone: 6315874400x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon-Thurs 5PM - 11PM: Fri, Sat 5PM - 12AM; Sun Closed until Sept 15
Lounge: Mon-Thur 4:30PM - 1AM; Fri, Sat 4:30PM-2AM; Sun Closed until Sept 15
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Asian, Asian
- Executive Chef: Michael Wilson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Please visit http://monsoonny.com/catering.php for more information
- Special Events: Please contact our restaurant for further details.
A word from Monsoon: Asian Kitchen and Lounge
Monsoon, connoting seasonal weather changes across Asia, represents a wind of change in concept and menu for the Bohlsen family. It is the group’s first Asian restaurant and the sixth in its portfolio of leading Long Island restaurants. Monsoon bridges the gap between authentic Vietnamese, Chinese and Thai and what Long Islanders love most about modern Asian cuisine in a menu of exciting, explosively flavored food. The relaxed and hip setting of this 21st century restaurant makes use of all technology has to offer while presenting some of the oldest, and most tried and true, Asian dishes, brought the Bohlsen way, to Long Island.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAsian
Monsoon: Asian Kitchen and Lounge - Best Restaurants in Babylon ›
Monsoon: Asian Kitchen and Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (46)fit for foodies (45)good for groups (37)neighborhood gem (35)hot spot (34)vibrant bar scene (28)romantic (23)notable wine list (14)late-night find (14)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- monsoonluv2danceDined on 10/18/2014first impression was really good, got seated right away had a reservation, waiter was good the food was good , my question was that there is no dress code? Saturday night - people coming in with shorts & t shirts and sneakers! I don't get it... I felt un comfortable, like I was overdressed in a shirt with a collar & my beautiful date in a dress, good place to hang out with your buds if you just wanna dress like you are going for a slice of pizza or burger...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingRettaDined on 10/11/2014We were really looking forward to eating here, we love Asian food. My husband started with the steamed pork buns that had no meat just fat. Nothing we ordered was that good. Our waiter was awful he couldn't even get our drink straight. His appearance was awful he had a black eye and looked all beat up like he was just in a bar fight. He never even asked us if we wanted dessertor another drink , just dropped the check on our table. We go out every Saturday night and have never been handed the check within an hour of sitting down. The building was beautiful but we would never eat there again.
- Babylon Express drink!WIRES123Dined on 10/11/2014Everything about our dinner was perfect. We had a little bit of everything from sushi, steaks, dumplings, and small plates. The Babylon express drink was amazing and they had Samuel Adams Boston Larger. Night could not have been better. two thumbs up!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/11/2014Skirt steak & Spicy tuna roll was disappointing. Rock Shrimp tempura appetizer was very good.Special Features:
- Not For UsoldfoodieDined on 10/10/2014My husband needed a better description of the manner in which the monkfish was prepared. Unfortunately, it contained things he could not eat. My dinner was excellent, except for the ice cream which had a strange aftertaste. We are in our early 60's and found Monsoon too trendy for us but i would recommend the food to anyone who would like to try something different and delicious. The scallops were wonderful and the appetizer platter was outstanding.Special Features:
- Loveluv2dineDined on 10/9/2014Love this place, was disappointed the upstairs wasn't open but the food and service was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great and very different foodJeannie42Dined on 9/26/2014Group from Huntington crossed the island to try this restaurant.It was well worth the ride,traffic and all.The service was terrific,the food is very different and well prepared and nicely plated.We will return.Be sure to try the Babylon Express it is great!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keeps getting better and betterpatkDined on 9/25/2014Service was spot on - on an extremely busy night, our server, Steve, managed to pay close attention to all his tables. Everything thing arrived in a timely manner, specials were explained and we never felt ignored or rushed. Food was terrific - as always. Adding steaks to the menu seems to be a hit. Sushi and steak were both fantastic. Have never had a bad meal here - compliment to the chef and his kitchen staff!Special Features:
- My go to place for asian cuisinermpwDined on 9/21/2014I love this restaurant, the food never fails to be great, the service is fast and comprehensive and its a few miles from home. highly recommend. the addition of the sunday menu and the other special menus makes it easy for anyone on any budget to dine here.Special Features:
- boopDined on 9/20/2014Very noisy environment. Waiter did not charge for Sunset Menu although order was placed from there along with his suggestion that this was an option. Did not bring my ice cream dessert, which was included. Bill had to be re-calculated.Special Features:
- Really Good Place..PaulykidDined on 9/13/2014I would highly recommend this restaurant. Located in the heart of Babylon. Very chic and the food is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hustling bablyon spotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014Thus large Asian restaurant was an Overall great girls night out. We ordered mostly sushi And appetizers. The restaurant was filled with lots of larger groups. Service was great, and management accommodating.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceKRO2514Dined on 9/6/2014I was at Monsoon with my girlfriends celebrating my Bachelorette weekend and everyone had a great time! The food was great and the staff was excellent... so friendly, so helpful, and just very professional! It was a great experience! Keep up the great service!Special Features:
- Good TimeJennie11743Dined on 9/6/2014Monsoon in Babylon was a fun, delicious experience. The staff was great and the menu had plenty of wonderful selections. We had both sushi and steak and they were both above average. (Warning, this is set up as a "family style" eatery so beware before you go if this is something you're not into). The vegetable sides were particularly good and there was more than enough food for everyone. The space is on the large size and there were a lot of big parties happening on a Saturday night, including a table of roughly fifteen women who cackled us right out of the place, but that was probably an isolated incident. However, it did get LOUD! The bathrooms are also really nice, which, for a woman is a real plus. Good time. Will definitely go again.Special Features:
- Not happy AT ALL.RaffVIPDined on 9/5/2014got THERE AT 9 PM AND WAS TURNED AWAY SAID THEY WERE CLEANING UP.Special Features:
- PerfectpatkDined on 9/5/2014The night couldn't have been better. Food and service were outstanding. There were 8 of us for dinner and everyone was very satisfied with their food. Everything was done perfectly. The service was above and beyond.Special Features:
- Dessert not so good . . .1717DrGDined on 8/27/2014I was disappointed to learn that the 'flourless chocolate cake' is no longer offered. Additionally, with this off the menu, Monsoon MUST improve their limited dessert menu selection. My friends & relatives look forward to topping off a 'good' meal with a 'GOOD' dessert. I REPEAT, THEIR DESSERT MENU IS LACKING SERIOUSLY. Moreover, when ordering a 'Belini' the choice of champagne should not be a cheap selection, it definitely alters the cocktail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Asian with a twistFrankieboyDined on 8/27/2014When have you gone to an Asian restaurant that also served prime steaks? If that is what you are looking for, go to Monsoon. If you are looking for the typical Chinese restaurant experience, don't go to Monsoon. The food here is excellent and the portions are generous but it's not like your typical column a column b Chinese restaurant. Having said that, you won't be disappointed with the food or the dining experience here. My wife and I always leaver smiling and with full bellies; bellies full of delicious food.Special Features:
- KayM.KayMDined on 8/20/2014Food is wonderful, restaurant is clean and beautifully decorated. The entire staff is welcoming from the moment you enter and throughout your stay. This is important to me. Nothing can put a damper on a night out like rude service, regardless of how good the food. Kudos to management for realizing this, they run a first class estalishment. Food prices are very reasonable as well. I have heard drinks are a bit pricey but I have only gone for meals so cannot attest to this. I will be returning soon.Special Features:
- The BEST!!!!!!!!foodie83VIPDined on 8/20/2014Hands down the best restaurant on long island!!!!! From top to bottom this place knows how to run. Food was to die for and the service couldn't have been better.Special Features:
- Wonderful experiencedeb2Dined on 8/16/2014The atmosphere, staff, and food were all outstanding. The portions were generous and beautifutifully presented. We were a group of 5 looking to catch up and talk while enjoying a nice meal. The noise level enabled us to talk, the food was delicious. We all agreed we would return. A pleasurable night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- high cost for bad food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014We were ignored by wait staff. Had to ask for water and drinks. They never came by to see if we needed anything. We ordered the large sushi/roll platter and thr rolls fell apart as soon as you touched them. They looked like they were made by a 10 year old. Highly disappointed. I will not return and will probably not eat at your other restaurants. Monsoon needs to have some kitchen supervision in order to insure quality product.
- TerryDined on 8/12/2014Food was excellent as usual. Always enjoy it. We brought friends to try out Monsoon too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wont go backjeffs1VIPDined on 8/9/2014I first visited this restaurant about 18 months ago...At the time, it had an extensive menu with excellent food. ON my recent visit we found the menu was cut back to only a handful of items...Many of the dishes we had at our first visit were no longer listed..In addition, being a bit of a wine lover, I oredered a glass of Pinot Noir, only to find out it came out of a tap..This is supposed to be an upscale establishment, but the wine list even by the bottle was sparse and so was the food menu as stated.....VERY DISSAPOINTING
- Creative food choices!!Bribri13Dined on 8/8/2014Excellent food. The scallops in a coconut sauce were delicious. The crunchy Brussel sprouts are a must!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!Karlhan85Dined on 8/2/2014Monsoon has great food, drinks, atmosphere and very friendly staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceEnvy244Dined on 7/31/2014Decent place. Meals were a bit small for the price. The portions could be a lot largerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fire alarm!LuckyDinerVIPDined on 7/31/2014The fire alarm went out for quite a while and the manager didn't bother to come over and say anything regarding that fact! Nor did he offer to buy a drink for the patrons at the bar. We then had dinner which was phenomenal, and our waitress Ashley was great! There were multiple people complaining about the way the fire alarm situation was handled- or should I say NOT handled!Special Features:
- Outstanding!!!!foodie83VIPDined on 7/25/2014Hands down the best restaurant on long island!!!!! From top to bottom this place knows how to run. Food was to die for and the service couldn't have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/21/2014Great food, service, and atmosphere. My only complaint is that I stated in my open table reservation that it was my fiances birthday and the message was somehow lost, this is very unlike a bohlson restaurant as they strive for perfection.Special Features:
- Great Meal!NewFavoriteDined on 7/14/2014Great meal. Good portion size as we took home a doggy bag. Katherine our server was perfect. Went early on a Monday and it wasn't busy at all. Definitely going back.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014We have been to Monsoon many times and have yet to be disappointed in any way. Friendly, very professional staff, great ambience and fabulous, unique dishes.Special Features:
- Simply AwesomeTheEVPDined on 7/8/2014Just trust me on this....order the Japanese Cowboy Roll.Special Features:
- The following 509 reviews are from the Monsoon: Asian Kitchen and Lounge reviews archive.
- chefinbabylonDined on 6/21/2014Our waitress was awesome & the food was good. I tried a different cucumber drink - it was good but not my style so she brought me a different one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh - Foof vs. ValueSkyReviewDined on 6/20/2014Atmosphere has that "cool NY" going on... The menu has interesting selections... The noise was very "happy hour" ... Can recommend the Brussels Sprouts side dish... To spend 5-star dollars the patron has a right to expect premium service and spectacular dishes ... The food we received was basically good, but not outstanding considering the prices charged ...Special Features:
- ExcellentMarieVIPDined on 6/14/2014My husband and I went for date night and we were very happy with the level of service and food. I have a gluten intolerance and our server, Katherine, was very helpful. She was also very nice. We would definitely go back to Monsoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had high expectationsMediaqueenVIPDined on 6/14/2014Had heard really good things but overall was disappointed. We had early reservation on sat (745) so it was not a scene as I had been warned. Cocktails were good and I liked the choices. We liked appetizer sampler but aside from pork buns nothing stood out. We shared 3 main dishes and they all seemed to be in the same universal heavily salted sauce. Cod was the best of the entrees the other 2 one meat and one chicken tasted the same. Expensive and could be great fun location but food needs some attention.
- Something newLizzieVIPDined on 6/13/2014Trying some new places closer to home and thoroughly enjoyed it.Special Features:
- OkayanonDined on 6/13/2014Went for my birthday. Food was good, I highly recommend the black cod. Edamame dumplings were okay, Buddakan has better ones. Vegetable dumplings and shrimp starter were yummy. Dessert options were eh. Service and staff were amazing and super friendly. Basically, its a long island version of Buddakan that has decent food but isn't as amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- was okmnsoongrtfoodDined on 6/10/2014Been to monsoon because really enjoyed self but this time was too noisy too uncomfortable upstairs is much better than downstairs section.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.