447 N. Cannon Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mrmarcel.com/
- Phone: 3102747300
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 9:00am - 11:30am
Lunch 11:30am - 5:30pm
Brunch Sat-Sun 9am - 2pm
Daily: 11:30am - 6:00pm
Daily: 6:00pm - close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, French, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Carlos Lool
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please check back very soon!
- Entertainment: Coming soon live entertainment and DJ's for special events and evenings. Private events and catering coming soon.
A word from Monsieur Marcel
monsieur marcel restaurant, presents traditional Parisian brasserie fare in a modern setting. Inspired by the neighborhood restaurants of France, monsieur marcel offers a lively environment where guests can indulge in French classics such as Steak Frites, Soupe à l’Oignon Gratinée, Salade Nicoise and many more classics. Selections of unique cheeses from France, Italy and the world are also available. The wine list includes over 100 selections, 35 of which can be enjoyed by the glass. Also on site we feature the premier gourmet market in Los Angeles. We offer an exceptional selection of upscale domestic, imported and private label artisanal products.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Monsieur Marcel reviews from OpenTable diners
- A++++++++gcmgcmDined on 4/17/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our lunch at Monsieur Marcel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like being in FranceLurkincDined on 4/8/2014Delicious food along with magnificent gourmet grocery. Great service....you feel like you are on vacationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once they get the staff trainedJoanieDined on 4/4/2014Most of the food was excellent, but I ordered soup very hot...it wasn't. The salmon tar tar was fabulous. The server never came over to check it everything was good, never offered more coffee ( and the coffee was only fare). Because the new Beverly Hills theatre is so close, it should do well...but lots of restaurants on Canon that are better.Special Features:
- Birthday lunch!cdbndpDined on 3/23/2014we had a fantastic birthday lunch here before seeing a show at the Wallis Annenberg right across the street. starting with the french charcuterie plate (they have 3 different countries flavors), the croque madame & the pancakes. the only disappointment were the pancakes because they were neither crepes nor american style. they were dense and flat. having said this all of the accompaniments that came with it were delicious ...caramelized "burnt" maple syrup YUM! blueberry compote, etc...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The perfect placeJosieDined on 3/22/2014I chose Monsieur Marcel because it was listed as "nearby" on the website for a theater where we and friends would be going for a play. Turned out it was just a short walk from the Wallis Theater, which made it perfect for our evening out - and we only had to park the car once! Our group of four included two people with dietary restrictions but we all found good choices available on the menu and enjoyed our dinners very much. Our waiter was friendly and helpful. The ambiance was very pleasant and with a European feel and the prices were not too expensive for Beverly Hills.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful French bistro togetherPammVIPDined on 3/21/2014Wonderful French bistro together with a speciality market with wines, cheeses, gourmet items. Had a wonderful salad.Special Features:
- But Monsieur, no croissants?!ComfortfoodieDined on 3/16/2014Craving authentic croissants, I drove quite a distance for a Sunday breakfast. 9am on Sunday morning I was told they only had chocolate croissants. So-so breakfast potatoes. Eggs cooked perfectly. I'll return because the service was excellent and I love the patio.Special Features:
- Our Own Private CafeBillDined on 3/10/2014We had the entire patio to ourselves. True, it was a Monday evening at 8:30. It was a beautiful evening and it was great eating outside. The food was delicious. The salted butter was different and very good on the bread. The beef bourguignon was delicious as was the simple butter lettuce salad with dressing. The wines we had were also very good. They didn't have the creme brulee we wanted, so we had to go elsewhere for dessert. Only recommendation is they need to update their menu on their web site, as they no longer serve the rack of lamb (but really, I was happier with the bourguignon). A terrific place for a casual yet delicious meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little GemBonBon6969Dined on 3/7/2014We really enjoyed this little French Restaurant and gourmet shop. We sat outside by the heater and it was cozy. Great cheese plates and if you hit happy hour very good price. Food was good and waitress very sweet & helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch spotNancyVIPDined on 3/1/2014If you are looking for a good place to eat, this is it! The food is delicious. I had the beef bourguignon and found it to be rich and hearty. Rich fSpecial Features:
- Good but expensiveAnnieVIPDined on 2/27/2014I had the mussels as an entree but the portion was more for an appetizerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service Is Always a ProblemGeminiVIPDined on 2/23/2014Waiters are nowhere to be found when you need them. I often feel that the restaurant would function better if it were run as a cafeteria. As it is, I am always having to flag someone down to get assistance or to remind them of a request made earlier, which does not lead to a relaxing time. At our last Sunday brunch my Latte arrived lukewarm, and the restaurant was out of croissants (which are very good) at 12:30 PM (totally unacceptable). Monsieur Marcel uses high quality ingredients in its dishes.Special Features:
- Lovely foodie spotLynneDined on 2/17/2014We are always greeted and made to feel welcome whether dining or shopping. The food is delicious and love love the cheese!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Valentines day spotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014We went here for Valentines, made for a great romantic dinner. The cheese fondue is excellent, as is the dessert menu (we had the chocolate fondue as well). Afterward, we went and bought an excellent Bordeaux from the wine shop inside. Great place for an outdoor dinner in Beverly Hills.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easy and dependabletimberVIPDined on 2/13/2014This is one of our go-to places, an easy and dependable spot for dinner. Great chicken/fries and great steak/fries. Seafood's fresh and well-prepared. A nice informal setting, patio seating's a nice option and the heaters are more than enough for warmth most nights. A fun setting inside with the store right there. Service is always good. Overall, a really good value for very fresh and well-prepared meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!KatyDined on 2/7/2014We had a group of 6 girls on a Saturday night. We tried a little bit of everything. I will be back absolutely. Great service. Incredible food. Amazing little market. Yummy macaroons! We had a great time, Bev Hills has a real gem with Monsieur Marcel!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!FinediningDined on 1/31/2014Terrific food in a market-cafe atmosphere. Cheese plate is great and excellent wine selection. You can purchase wine directly from the market. Worth a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easy and CasualtimberVIPDined on 1/26/2014Sunday night dinner with friends--was Grammys night so a VERY quiet restaurant--we were literally one of only two tables at 7:30 for dinner. Excellent service but that's because service there is excellent, not because we were pretty much alone in the restaurant. Two of us had salmon, which was superb. Two had chicken which they both devoured so I'm guessing that was pretty superb, too. Onion soup and salads to start, all great. A shared strawberry tart and a nice red wine rounded out the meal. Really just great food here--focused on the ingredients, fresh and so very well prepared. We've been mulitple times and will come again soon, I'm sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The dishes were terrific!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/25/2014The dishes were terrific! Beet salad was beautiful, salmon tartare was fun with crunchy twist. Crispy salmon was reported to be delicious. Moules could have been hotter. We love the restaurant, but because it is so casual, almost like an afterthought to the sales area, we don't dine there for special occasions. The chef deserves praise!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious gourmet market diningRodarteDined on 12/27/2013We loved the food and service, bu especially the kid friendly ambiance right in the middle of Beverly Hills. Great wine selection and cooking and kitchen/bar souvenirs. Moderate prices for the very high quality food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tried this restaurant forDinnerDinerDined on 12/18/2013Tried this restaurant for a holiday client luncheon for 4. Parking was terrible, but it is, after all, a week before Christmas. The food was amazing! We chose fish and steaks and everything was tender and delightfully seasoned. Lunch for 4 (including a glass of wine each), including tip, was $175. So this is a great place if you are on an expense account.Special Features:
- Unexpected PleasureRobertDined on 12/7/2013When we first arrived we were a little put off to see that the restaurant sits in the middle of a kitchen gadget store. But when we say the menu and then the food arrived all of our concerns vanished. The food was wonderful, the staff was friendly and warm. We caan't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful post wedding lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/22/2013A wonderful post wedding lunch! I have been telling everyone about this great and fun place.Special Features:
- Best french food in Beverly HillTinaDined on 10/19/2013Affordable French bistro fare Or as the French would say " La mejor comida en francés Beverlt Hills" Lets start out with their French stick", the long thin crusty loaf, is perhaps one of the better known icons of French life. In France, it is known as a "baguette is served with normandy butter and salt. Perfect way to begin your meal and the wine selections are good.Salade aux Endives, Poires, Noix et Roquefort Salad of Endives, Pears, Walnuts and Roquefort Excellent . Baby Lettuce with Mustard Vinaigrette Oh la la now for the Steak au poivre is served with pan sauce consisting of reduced cognac, heavy cream & peppercorn.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easy and casual FrenchtimberVIPDined on 10/9/2013A great cheese tray we shared to start--and half price because we were there while happy hour was still going on. Excellent choice of cheeses, plenty for the 3 of us to share. (The French plate.) All of us had roasted chicken and we, to a person, loved it. Well presented, perfectly cooked, juicy and very well-seasoned. Service was great, as it always is. What I especially like about service here is that wait staff doesn't push--we sat with the cheese a long time before ordering (our choice) and never felt pressure to move along. We're big fans of Monsieur Marcel, love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Roasted Chicken!timberVIPDined on 9/29/2013Some of the best roasted chicken anywhere, in my opinion. Group of 4, 2 of us had the chicken and we both ate every bit we could--juicy and perfectly prepared. Our table also had a chicken salad and a bacon/brie/apricot preserve sandwich, both of which got rave reviews. Food is simple and straightforward, beautifully prepared and presented. Honestly, not one negative thing to say about Sunday lunch, our third or fourth visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food in a Market SettingSallyDined on 9/21/2013I took my friend here for her birthday and she loved it. The mussels and clans dish was beautifully presented and she said it was delicious. I had the crispy skinned salmon and it was one of the best salmon dishes I have ever had. For dessert, Opera, a chocolate layered sponge cake was delicious. After lunch you can cruise the market which has a multitude of fine delicacies to choose from plus a great wine selection.Special Features:
- ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/9/2013Delightful...Food excellent, lovely bit of New york mixed with Paris!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bright surprise!SamPetersOnTheTownVIPDined on 9/7/2013We know and enjoy Marcel in the Farners Market. This was a surprise on Canon. A good lunch! Nice wine! And bottles on the wall! I don't usually dig bright places but this was just fine.Special Features:
- wonderful fresh food, somethingLynneDined on 9/4/2013wonderful fresh food, something for everyone. Love all the cheese!!!Special Features:
- No surprisestimberVIPDined on 8/31/2013And that's a good thing! Simple, straightforward, "neighborhoody", bistro food. A nice setting, inside and out. Roast chicken seems to be our favorite here though steak/frites is a close second. This visit, service was a little off, more absent than anything else, but that's not been the norm with other visits so maybe just an off night. Best way to end the meal is with a visit inside to the store where you'll find a treasure trove of condiments, teas, and specialty foods. We're fast becoming regulars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable lunch. DeliciousJackVIPDined on 8/30/2013Very enjoyable lunch. Delicious food. Attentive service. Thank you !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Give Them TimeLarryDined on 8/24/2013They are trying to do the right think, still working out the new restaurant bugs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My neighborhood go toOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/21/2013This place really reminds me of Europe - an easy cafe market you would find in Paris. The food is tasty, good quality, and prepared well. This has become one of my casual favorites in the neighborhood. My favorites are the salmon and chicken. Good food and service, not pretentious. (This is for the Beverly Hills location)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 192 [5-/4+] SoupDuJourLentil,RoastecocoVIPDined on 8/6/2013192 [5-/4+] SoupDuJourLentil,RoastedArtichoke*,Escargots*,BoeufBourgignon*,StripedBass*,BrusselSprouts*,PotatoGratin*,TrioOfBeets*,Macaroons*(,PerrierLg,Cambiata)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Local SpotGailDined on 7/22/2013The dining experience was excellent. The food was very good, fresh, & well displayedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French in Beverly HillsBheaterVIPDined on 7/18/2013Second time around.... So much better this round. Good meats with cheese. Great salads.. When you stick to the basic French stuff very good interesting market...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine selection of wines accompanyJackVIPDined on 7/8/2013Fine selection of wines accompany a good variety of entrees. Service can be hit or miss. This visit was a bit obsequious while we were just relaxing. Still finding their way compared to the Farmers Market location.I would recommend this to a friend.
- French in Beverly HillsBheaterVIPDined on 7/6/2013Interesting take of. Great flavor... Frenchman would be proud. Lunch is a better bet however for dinner casual and easy. The French onion soup is great good flavor not to heavy , the meals are extremely salty. fun sitting outside watching the beautiful people drive dor walk by. interesting restaurant since the back is a French market ,, fun to purchase and take home..Special Features:
- Disappointing ExperienceDonnieVIPDined on 6/28/2013We love the original in Farmers Market, but this is not the same. Feels like a fast food market. Bright lights and no charm. 2 glasses of wine in a row were already turned to vinegar -- obviously stored poorly. Service was really bad. Waiter insulted bus boy when he tried to help us. However, the food was great, once we got it. We will not return.