4424A Urbana Pike Rd.
Frederick, MD 21704Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.monocacycrossing.com/
- Phone: 301-846-4204x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 11:30am - 9:00pm, Friday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room
A word from Monocacy Crossing
Monocacy Crossing is located off the beaten path five miles south of Frederick. As soon as you walk through our door, you relax, you're comfortable, and at home. Our menu selections and extensive wine list will satisfy everyone in your party. So come, enjoy, be our guests!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Monocacy Crossing - Best Restaurants in Frederick ›
Monocacy Crossing reviews from OpenTable diners
114 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (72)great for outdoor dining (66)neighborhood gem (51)fit for foodies (50)romantic (42)notable wine list (29)good for groups (27)great for lunch (27)great for brunch (25)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (6)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- LmrOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/27/2014Was an excellent night. Good was fantastic! Service was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must TryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/24/2014A lovely place to have a great dinner. Food amazing!! Great outdoor space.Special Features:
- Excellent as always!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2014I have dined here many times over the past years and this restaurant never disappoints! The food is excellent and service is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014Our server was excellent - very friendly and attentive. The food however was very disappointing. The fried calamari appetizer was a bit undercooked while the fish and chips lunch was overcooked. The biggest disappointment was the flounder special. It was bad enough that the chef burnt the breading (which definitely flavored the fish), but the server actually brought it to our table. We sent the dish back and when the replacement meal was brought out, the fish was slightly undercooked. Really??? At that point we accepted the meal because we didn't want to deal with sending it back yet again. I could understand these things happening if the restaurant was busy, but we were the ONLY patrons in the dining room at that time.
- Monocacy CrossingTomSDined on 8/22/2014Monocacy Crossing is one of our favorite restaurants for special occasions. Our expectations for a wonderful meal and celebration are always met. The food is prepared very well and the variety of choices is wide. The prices of the appetizers, salads, entrees, and desserts are ALL very reasonable. We thoroughly enjoyed are 44th anniversary celebration at MC :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Monocacy CrossingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2014One of my favorite restaurants of all time. The service was great and the food exceptional. What a wonderful time celebrating out Anniversary!Special Features:
- CindyDined on 8/17/2014My bread plate had dried egg on it and the food was mediocre at best.
- Great experienceWalkersvilledinerDined on 8/13/2014A group went for lunch and sat out on the patio on a really nice day. The service was excellent, the food good (as always). This was my first experience dining outside at this restaurant and I will definitely look for another nice day to have a repeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Monocacy CrossingmonocacyrulesDined on 8/10/2014We go to Monocacy Crossing several times a year and are never disappointed. The qualify of food and service is consistent. Very relaxed environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014We've never been disappointed in a meal over the past 10 years. Highly recommend dining at Monocacy Crossing.Special Features:
- Good, but not as good as last visitIrnieVIPDined on 8/9/2014This was our second visit to Monacacy Crossing this summer. Our first visit was outstanding, but this time the menu selections were relatively limited. The duck Nachos appetizer is a winner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great variety and uniquelocalDined on 8/2/2014We pass the restaurant daily and the place is always busy, however, it is pricey. We go for special occasions and love the food choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not badbkmechDined on 8/1/2014I say not bad because I've eaten at many Fine dining restaurants. This one also is listed as such. I feel for the quality of food and prices a little higher than they should be I probably won't be back. Everything was Ok but could have been better for a Fine dining expereanceSpecial Features:
- Kozmic76Dined on 7/26/2014Experience was great as usual. Monocacy Crossing has become my favorite local restaurant.Special Features:
- FavoriteMichelleDined on 7/25/2014The best restaurant in Frederick! Love the scallops and bacon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findCarolMVIPDined on 7/24/2014As other reviewers noted this does not look like much from the outside, but the parking lot was full which is usually a good sign. The menu has a variety of choices from appetizers through dessert with preparations I would expect from a high end restaurant. We were served an excellent meal in a pleasant indoor dining area that appeared to be a room of a converted house. Would definitely return if in the area.Special Features:
- Love It!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/19/2014This is one of our favorite places. Food is fresh and presented wonderfully. Addicted to Whiskey Duck nachos. Had two individuals in our party that had food allergies. The waitress did not even blink an eye at all the crazy questions. She maintained a huge smile and double-checked with the chef. In addition to the fabulous food this keeps us coming back. Love the outside seating. Also like that you can have a relaxing dinner without being rushed out.Special Features:
- Consistently great foodCrockerDined on 7/17/2014Best food in Frederick, portions are just right, quality is the highest, friendly and quaint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably good.MikeDined on 7/16/2014Monocasy Crossing has maintained its high quality over the years. The down-home standards on the menu are always prepared with creative flair like a cream/clam sauce on grilled salmon. And this kitchen really knows how to prepare fish. You can always rely on an excellent piece of fish that isn't over-cooked. Portions are more than ample.Special Features:
- Dinner at Monocacy CrossingWingsFanDined on 7/6/2014Monocacy Crossing is in an old house that was converted into a restaurant with a lot of character. Décor was upscale; white, linen table cloths, waitstaff dressed up. Went there for dinner on a Sunday and the room was quite quiet. Both my wife and I had the Beef Medallions. Ordered them medium and they came a little closer to what we would consider medium-rare, but they were very well prepared. Excellent Crème Brulee for dessert. Nice wine list, excellent service. They also have an outdoor section that looks a little more casual. My only disappointment was that they apparently did not get the OpenTable note about it being the anniversary for the couple we were with.Special Features:
- never disappointedilovefoodVIPDined on 7/5/2014So, I've been to Monocacy Crossing many, many times and have never been disappointed. It's one of my favorite places! The warm coconut pound cake is legendary. In fact we call ahead to make sure they have it before we come.Special Features:
- JamesDined on 6/28/2014Great place, great service, has a nice relaxed feel, great for a quiet romantic dinner. The NY Strip was excellent!Special Features:
- SpiceVIPDined on 6/26/2014Monocacy is one of our favorites. The food is top shelf and the service impeccable. Over the years we have tried nearly every entree with no disappointments. With nightly specials, the menu never gets stale. The scallop appetizer and Duck nachos are favorites as well as the Buttermilk Chicken with ham Tasso gravy and pork tenderloin entrees. You can't go wrong for a special night out!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food good serviceArtBDined on 6/21/2014The food was very good and the service was great. The only concern was as the place got crowded the noise level went up, but great bar scene and nice out door dining which we will have to try the next timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go oftenwillgobackDined on 6/20/2014Monocacy Crossing's food and service never disappoints. My wife especially loves the BBQ grilled shrimp over smoked cheddar grits. Excellent wine list, a limited but well chosen single glass selections. Only drawback - building should have a renovation. Nothing terrible but does detract from the overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Exceptional Restaurant4datenightDined on 6/20/2014We celebrated our 15th anniversary with our first dinner at Monocacy Crossing and we were so pleased with the exceptional food and service. We dined outside in their lovely patio area, and it could not have been more pleasant. The food was prepared and timed perfectly. Definitely will be going back!!Special Features:
- JWOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/17/2014One of our favorite places in Frederick - a bit off of the beaten path, but high quality food in a warm and friendly environment!Special Features:
- Father's DayRoxieDined on 6/15/2014Service was great! The staff was attentive and friendly. Our meals were excellent. The crab cakes were filled with crabmeat prepared perfectly! A favorite special occasion restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- freidafreidaDined on 6/14/2014The food is always delicious and creative. We've always had wonderful food and great service.Special Features:
- Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/14/2014My husband and I have been here many times for our "date nights". The food never disappoints! They consistently have great food and service. We normally go for a steak entree and they are always amazing. Beef medallions wrapped in bacon were incredible! This is our favorite Frederick restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice date nightPassthewineplsDined on 6/13/2014My boyfriend and I went for the first time on a Friday night. It was rainy outside, so I think it was quiter than it probably is normally at 7:30 on Friday. We had a absolutely great waitress! Personable and catered to all our needs without being asked. Food came out in perfect timing from one course to the next. Found out about the history of the place and the couple that owns it. We both had steak and it was cooked perfectly. The calamari was wonderful :) all around, great experience! We will be back, for sure!Special Features:
- Wonderful Once Again!bellasmomDined on 6/11/2014We love this place! The service and food are always top notch. Look forward to returning soon!Special Features:
- Dinner at Monocacy CrossingCatseyeDined on 6/7/2014After getting lost using a faulty GPS, we found Monocacy Crossing and really enjoyed the food, the wait staff and the welcome. The food was excellent. Our crab appetizer and the pita bread to mop up the crab was more than sufficient for two meals for two people. The hangar steak and the beef tips were prepared according to our wishes and the red Austrian wine went well with the beef. The sides complimented the meal perfectly. Thanks to our happy server we enjoyed a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!FridayDinnerClubDined on 6/7/2014We eat out with friends every weekend, and are always looking for a new place to share some good food and wine. Loved Monocacy Crossing! For appetizers we had the scallops and the crab fritter special. Both were delicious and the scallops were perfectly prepared. My Shrimp and Grits were among the best I have ever had. Our group also had the Beef Medallions, the Pork Tenderloin and the Jambalaya, all of which were delicious. We have put Monocacy Crossing on our "re-do" list, and could see it becoming a go-to place for special occasions - the food was that good! Thank you for great food, and service that matched the quality of the food. Wonderful evening.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014"Frederick's best kept secret" is true. Food was incredible, service excellent; the owner even came by our table to say hello. Atmosphere was just the right blend of relaxed yet upscale. We recommend the duck nachos--really!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014Never disappoints and has quickly become the favorite dining spot for me and my wife! A can't miss dining experience and the chef is amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints!MiddebVIPDined on 6/4/2014On our most recent visit to MC for lunch, my husband and I decided to sit outside on the patio. It's great. Due to the fact that the umbrellas are wide, with all of them open the area is shady like a covered porch. Nice. This time I had the BLT with cheddar and cup of chicken corn chowder. Let me tell you, that is one delicious sandwich! The soup was delicious, too. ALL the soups here are fantastic. My hubby opted for the pulled pork sandwich, which must have half a pound of pork on it with a tasty Cole slaw on the side. I've had this before and it is awesome. 5 stars for both Katie and Allie, who my husband and I can't compliment enough as lovely young women and excellent servers in every way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Frederick's hidden foodie gemwcelliotDined on 5/24/2014Monocacy Crossing is a small family owned restaurant where the food takes center stage: innovative, locally sourced, and expertly prepared without being pretentious. The wine list is also notable for both breadth and depth with surprise finds on every page and a wide range of unique wines available by the glass. While the dinner menu is the star, the lunch menu is arguably the best in the area making it a great value for business lunches. And service is impeccable with a very tenured and attentive team. Head and shoulders my favorite spot in Frederick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Monocacy CrossingDaveDined on 5/24/2014My wife and I have been going to this restaurant for years. The food and service are always excellent. A fine dining experience in a casual setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnersiobhanDined on 5/24/2014We have been to monocacy crossing many times and always have a great meal. Service is excellent! We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.