Mondello Ristorante Italiano
2425 33rd Ave. W
Seattle, WA 98199Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Mondello Ristorante Italiano
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mondelloristorante.com/
- Phone: 2063528700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm, Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Entertainment, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Mondello Ristorante has everything you need to create a wonderful party, office meeting, family or social event. For information on how Mondello can cater your special event, please call us at 206.352.8700 or send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Private Party Facilities: For private parties we can accommodate 45 seated guests, or 60 standing. We are flexible with menu selections. Please contact Corino for more information on how we can enchant your experience with us.
- Entertainment: Live acoustic guitar on occasion.
A word from Mondello Ristorante Italiano
Mondello Italian Restaurant in the beautiful Seattle neighborhood of Magnolia provides one of the most romantic, most authentic Italian dining experiences in Seattle. Mondello has beautiful pasta dishes, seafood & main courses, salads, zuppe & bruschette & antipasti dishes. Corino, Giuseppe & their families all grew up in the vicinity of Mondello and bring to Seattle its wonderful tradition of fresh seafood & rich authentic Sicilian cuisine with all it's flair & joy of living. They have the life experience of fine cooking and appreciation & sensiblity of the Italian palate that allows them to create a dining experience reminiscent of being in Mondello, Sicily. No one fails to be entranced by Mondello's welcoming beauty and warm personality. Grazie Amici!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Mondello Ristorante Italiano - Best Restaurants in Magnolia ›
Mondello Ristorante Italiano reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since April 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (29)fit for foodies (14)romantic (13)special occasion (10)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (4)good for groups (3)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Great dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014Food was terrific as was the ambiance and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Our experience at Mondello's was wonderful, start to finish. We arrived a few minutes early but they already had our table ready. The food was wonderful, there was something for everyone, including the vegetarian in the bunch. They make much of their own foods from scratch right there in the kitchen so it's fresh, hot and fabulous! The people are sweet and old-world Italian right down to Grandma sitting at the bar greeting everyone with a smile. Beautiful, charming and fun, I would recommend Mondello's for lunch or a night out with your sweetie.Special Features:
- Great Italian FoodCurtDined on 8/19/2014A family run restaurant that makes its own pasta and sauces from scratch. Great service, good food, and a good wine selection. I enjoy coming here often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/12/2014I go here all the time- it is consistently great and I love the family who runs itSpecial Features:
- Nice neighborhood experiencejchandcoDined on 8/6/2014Very nice time with eastside friends who long ago lived in Magnolia...food was terrific!Special Features:
- Nice atmosphere, friendly service!bjpkwDined on 7/23/2014I picked this restaurant from the internet without any other knowledge. Very nice Italian decor and great ambiance. Our wait person was excellent (actually from Italy)! The food was really good and our party of four was very satisfied with the whole experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/6/2014Great food, nice neighborhood restaurant. Staff was attentive and ensured that you did not want for anything. Only issue -- Grandma was at the restaurant and seemed to stare at our table ..... beware and ask for the table on the left side of the restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/31/2014Everything was good except It was obvious they forgot our entre. We waited over 30 minutes and people were leaving that had come in after us. Once we got it , it was good and hot. The waiter never said anything which would have been nice to let us know.Special Features:
- Good dinning in MagnoliaFoodsnobDined on 5/27/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants in Seattle. Consistently good and friendly. This time the gnocchi was subpar, a little to gummy.Special Features:
- That's ItalianBrenDined on 5/25/2014The food was so good we wanted to lick our plates. Absolutely wonderful!!Special Features:
- A Place for the DecadesCarnivore2014Dined on 5/18/2014Turns out Mondello Ristorante Italiano has been around for at least a decade or so in the Seattle neighborhood of Magnolia. What a great find! We booked a reservation only 45 minutes prior and drove in the pouring rain from Shoreline to get to Mondello - hoping we won't be delayed by traffic. Seated and from start to finish, notable service, delicious food, and left on a positive note. There was even a rainbow when we finished dinner. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- This place is amazing!!KMcGinnisDined on 5/16/2014Great wine list, authentic & delicious Italian food (you can't go wrong with handmade pasta) that is just the right proportion, and friendly owners/staff. I frequent this place often!! :)Special Features:
- Made our anniversary special5YearsDined on 5/15/2014My fiancé & I came across this place on Living Social. We celebrated our 5 year anniversary here last week. What a spectacular place!! My grandmother is Italian and makes everything from scratch. It's been difficult finding anything that comes close to her cooking and I finly found it. The food is fresh and full of flavor. Pasta is cooked perfectly. The wine list is impressive. The freshly made peach sorbet is to die for. The caprese salad is the best I've ever had, and most if all-the staff was extremely warm and welcoming. I felt like we were family. It's hard to find a place that has all of these values. I have already recomended it to all of my friends and co-workers :)Special Features:
- The following 46 reviews are from the Mondello Ristorante Italiano reviews archive.
- Bon AppetiteGraceDined on 4/26/2014Small and intimate, with great food, makes Mondello a perfect spot. I love to see "Mama" sitting at the bar watching over it all. We have been going here since it opened and we are never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love MondelloMondelloloverDined on 4/11/2014Mondello is my favorite restaurant in Seattle. Make sure to ask for the evening's specials. They are usually spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family Operated and very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/5/2014This restaurant in Magnolia is definitely a neighborhood gem. With its multi-generational family running the show, it is a charming Italian restaurant with good food and very reasonable prices. The minestrone soup was vegetarian and very tasty. We traveled from West Seattle but will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fab·u·lousAradiseDined on 3/22/2014Such a great find! Our meal was superb and the service very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, comfortable settinghawk6260Dined on 3/18/2014Pleasantly comfortable. Authentically Italian. Incredibly delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/11/2014Unfortunately the food didn't live upto the expectation. My advice would be to retire Mama and hire a chef.... I am sorry, was so looking forward to a good meal. It was NOT....
- Always a great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/28/2014We've been eating at Mondello for the past few years. It's a fabulous neighborhood restaurant. The menu items are always great and they have delicious specials each night.Special Features:
- It felt like we had spentOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/1/2014It felt like we had spent our dinner time in a small cafe in Italy. The test is always the carbornara - it was great. All the pasta is made on site. We had a concert at McCaw Hall so went early and needed to leave on time. It was perfectly managed for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too SmokeypdxoriginalVIPDined on 1/31/2014We have been regular diners here for years, but had not visited in a while. Unfortunately the smoke from the kitchen was overwhelming. So much so we were effected for several days after our dining experience. Sadly, we will not return or recommend this restaurant.
- Neighborhood DisappointmentMagnoliaManDined on 1/23/2014Had been before and really enjoyed my dinner - but this last visit left me a bit disappointed. The food was marginal, lacking any sort of flavor or finesse. It was rather slow - only one other table seated and two folks that came and went - and still the service was off. With so few restaurants in the village, its a shame that one is not up to par. Not sure I will be going back.
- Great little Italian placeCassiecatVIPDined on 1/6/2014For so many years Seattle just didn't have little family-owned neighborhood Italian places. I'm so pleased that we have one in our neighborhood. The food is very good, the service friendly. It makes me feel like I'm in the north end of Boston!Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood SpotKHinSeattleVIPDined on 1/3/2014The food is always so great. I always order the same items (Carbonara and the wilted Spinach salad) and the food is always wonderful and savory. Our one complaint this time is that the service was much slower than we've ever experienced. It wasn't too bad but they are usually much faster. The waiter was so busy that I wasn't able to even get in an extra glass of wine. However, it definitely was not our first time and definitely will not be our last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with the familyDienerdienerDined on 12/27/2013We had a party of eight we were sat comfortably at their largest table near the back. Tasty, and simple Italian dishes of antipasta and spaghetti entrees did not disappoint. Great service and comfortable atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exception pre-event dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/7/2013I have eaten at Mondello's several times, usually twice a year before going to performances of the Magnolia Chorale. On most of these occasions I have used the opportunity to treat my friends to a wonderful meal as a means of thanking them for their kindness towards me. On these occasions, my friends have been impressed with the atmosphere, service and the excellent cuisine. After a delightful dining experience at Mondello's, the follow-on performance of the Magnolia Chorale is especially sweet,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient but not impressive.BobinMagnoliaVIPDined on 11/22/2013I've dined at Mondello 4 or 5 times. The food is usually OK. Every now and then, good or very good. Service is friendly and attentive. On our last visit, our reservation (booked through Open Table) was screwed up. If it weren't in the neighborhood, I'd never go back. No match for downtown Seattle eateries, which is the case for every Magnolia restaurant I've tried.
- InconsistentBobinMagnoliaVIPDined on 11/7/2013Overall, I like this place and will return. But my last visit was a disappointment. Fettuccine with Veal Polpette featured pasta that was undercooked and meatballs that were more filler than meat. Mixed antipasti of meat and cheese was excellent. Service is friendly and attentive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Homemade PastaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/29/2013We love coming to this restaurant and feel lucky to have in our neighborhood. Food is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mondello'sJudyDined on 9/27/2013My husband and I and another couple recently met for lunch at Mondello's. We all liked our lunch and recommend Mondello's for good Italian food.Special Features:
- Food is always very good andsunnyDined on 9/21/2013Food is always very good and the staff is very pleasant. The quality is consistantly very good. The selection of wine is adaquit. We love the sicilian wines. It's a quaint little neighborhood restaurant that you want to take your family to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly, relaxing Italian diningCurtDined on 8/14/2013The food is honest and tasty, with pasta made fresh on site. The wine list offers several wines by the glass as well as an extensive wine list by the bottle. The starter insalata mista is substantial and tasty, and the pasta portions are generous. Nice, friendly, relaxed atmosphere, and a chance to speak a little Italian to Mama Enza and her son, as well as the grandma, who warms a bar stool at the counter. I always enjoy coming back.Special Features:
- Homemade GoodnessMadChefDined on 8/3/2013First time here and really liked the decor and energy of the place as we were seated. The wine list was plentiful and the menu was broken up into an Italian course-focused dinner. The cook was obviously the matriarch and did an outstanding job with the homemade ravioli marsala. My husband had the veal meatballs with fettucini. They were moist and tender and the pasta was a perfect al dente. And you have to try her homemade Limoncello! It was amazing. We will definitely go back to try more of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food-Good serviceluvtodineDined on 7/6/2013Started off with an excellent glass of Montepulciano. I always judge a restaurant by its bread and Mondello passed with flying colors-along with good quality olive oil. This is obviously a family owned business with grandma sitting in a corner of the bar and mama cooking in the kitchen (very well by the way). I was happy when I asked the server if the chef could make the linguine con volgole in a spicy, red sauce instead of what was listed on the menu and she said "of course". The plate was nicely presented with a generous serving of homemade pasta with lots of clams (very fresh) and the requested sauce was wonderful. As we left Grandma waved good-bye. Even though her English may be limited she would make an excellent greeter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better for dinnerCassiecatVIPDined on 6/17/2013The food at Mondello was good at lunch, but I think the dinners are better.Special Features:
- Food was fair. No real flavor.JanieVIPDined on 6/14/2013Food was fair. No real flavor. Waiter was polite but very slow service over all. We had reservations ....place was not full and still had a good wait to be seated. I could not reccomend this place to anyone.
- Thier take on Carbonara isBobinMagnoliaVIPDined on 6/12/2013Thier take on Carbonara is well executed. The Veal Saltimboca falls short of expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant !!!!stephanieDined on 6/10/2013Dinner was outstanding. The waiter was very accommodating, one member of our party is gluten intolerant, all her questions were answered and the meal was delicious! I like the decor here, and have found the service to be pleasant (occasionally a bit chatty and overattentive , but maybe that's just me). We've had a couple minor errors with dishes, but they've been taken care of in a timely and friendly manner. My dad also would give this place five stars. He insists on visiting here each time he's in town. And I'm always more than happy to visit, myself. i highly recommend !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencenickDined on 6/9/2013Our waiter was very friendly and helpful. The food was delicious. We ordered the halibut special that was been recommended by our awesome waiter,You have to try the bolognese and the cannoli they were delicious! We had no complains at all. This is definitely a good italian restaurant to try when you're in Seattle~!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.