421 Amsterdam Avenue
New York, NY 10024Neighborhood:
Upper West Side
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.monaconyc.com/
- Phone: 2128733100
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 2:00am; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 9:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Fernan T.
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, BYO Liquor, Cafe, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: We offer live music.
A word from Monaco
Monaco, is a Mediterranean style Restaurant, We have been serving our community since 1991. We use freshly ground spices and all our food is made in house. The staff at Monaco invites you to enjoy our delightful variety of food. We look forward to serving you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Monaco reviews from OpenTable diners
- So nice to find a pleasantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/24/2013So nice to find a pleasant place for dinner conversation.Special Features:
- Brunch Reservations=Worth Eating AtKSaxVIPDined on 2/17/2013Went to Monaco for brunch with a large group (8ppl total). The restaurant will not wow you, but it is average, descent food. Service was good. Reasonable prices. I LOVED my dish, banana nut pancakes with side of fresh fruit; It was delicious. Of the ppl in my group who ordered the eggs benedict, they were disappointed. Everyone else thought their omelettes were good. The fresh squeezed orange was large (hate when places give me a shot of oj for $4) and super sweet. I know that the restaurant gets a lot of spill over traffic from Sarabeths next door. Dont believe the hype- Sarabeths is not worth waiting in line for (especially with small children). Would definitely come back to Monaco
- We tried this when we wereBetsyVIPDined on 2/17/2013We tried this when we were staying near by -- and tried Sarabeth's, which is next door, the following day. Of the two, Monaco was better, and considerably less expensive. Yet everyone seemed to be heading into Sarabeth's and Monaco was nearly empty, which was a bit of a mystery. The cappuccino was better at Monaco, the coffee (offered as a free follow-up to the cappuccino, unlike at Sarabeth's) was better, and the omelet was better. We also liked that Monaco attempted to offer some healthier choices than are often available on brunch menus. We would definitely return if we were staying in that area again (we were just a couple of blocks away), but it wasn't so good that it would draw us across town.Special Features:
- The food was very good andFifiDined on 1/30/2013The food was very good and on a week night it was quiet. A good place to go to catch up with friends.
- The food was excellent. GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/16/2013The food was excellent. Good wine by the glass. Excellent service--attentive but didn't hover. Very reasonable prices. A good choice for future dining as you could actually talk without having to yell to be heard unlike so many other restaurants. Wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Monaco should be busier. Ittimbrel2VIPDined on 1/6/2013Monaco should be busier. It offers good food and pleasant service at reasonable prices. Thoroughly enjoyable,
- Hello? Anyone there?OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 12/19/2012The dining experience at Monaco the other night was so weird. For a while, the three of us were the only diners (later only two more tables were occupied). Yet it took forever to get any service, even though servers were there; it took forever to get food. Once the food came, we thought it tasty. And we did appreciate not being rushed, but the failure to provide communication was bizarre.
- Good food, quiet and welcoming,OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/15/2012Good food, quiet and welcoming, I would go back for the relaxing atmosphere where it's easy to visit and good food. Not outstanding food, but good. When a relaxed ambience trumps great food, this is a good spot.Special Features:
- A Decent Corner on West 80th StreetWarrenVIPDined on 11/4/2012This is a superb place to have a weekend brunch, as we did. Got there about 10:00 AM and avoided the crowds, but had to ask several times to put on the heat (November), as the place was a bit cold. Service was fine as was the food, and at about 11:00 AM the crowds came in and made the place warmer but much noisier. The menu is limited but ample and the service is exceptional. Try it and enjoy a great meal.
- Menu needs a focus- it'sjulj1Dined on 11/2/2012Menu needs a focus- it's all over the place and mediocre at best.
- Have been here numerous timesCoolmom629Dined on 10/27/2012Have been here numerous times and went with out of town family this past weekend. They were very delighted with the atmosphere and food and seemed especially pleased with the quality and quantity of food within a reasonable price range.Special Features:
- Good value. OK place, butKKNYCVIPDined on 8/28/2012Good value. OK place, but with windows open onto Amsterdam, it's noisy, too warm and not all too comfortable.
- They refused to accept anOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/10/2012They refused to accept an Open Table dining check. Beware.
- I love Monaco. My friend andScottoInFoHillsVIPDined on 8/3/2012I love Monaco. My friend and I split the spicy beef Moroccan Cigars and we each had the Chicken Tagine, so I can't give a broad account of the menu, but it was all delicious! I need to come back more often to try other things!Special Features:
- The restaurant was prettyJeffinshVIPDined on 7/2/2012The restaurant was pretty empty but it was a Monday night. It was unusaully hot so we didn't sit outside, but all of the doors were open and it was pretty warm inside. The olive oil on the table was stale and bitter. The food was average at best and the wine offered with the "special" was undrinkable.
- The food was average, serviceNYDinerVIPDined on 4/29/2012The food was average, service awas okay. They has a great jazz singer Sari Kessker who is well worth seeing.
- Had a very good experience.HappyDinerVIPDined on 4/28/2012Had a very good experience. We had a 2 year old and a baby in a stroller, which we thought would be a problem. The staff couldn't have been nicer and more accomodating. Service was superb and food very nicely prepared with good portions. Will definitely come back!Special Features:
- Of the 3 meals ordered, theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/10/2012Of the 3 meals ordered, the chicken shish kebab was overcooked and dry, the chicken Tajine was drawn I and the sauce overly sharp with lemon and salt; only the fish was adequately prepared. We will not be returning.
- I was surprised to have neveramylVIPDined on 1/7/2012I was surprised to have never heard word of Monaco, considering I live on the UWS. The brunch choices were terrific and we all thoroughly enjoyed our meals. It was a great respite from all the lines-out-the-door brunch places on the weekend, and as good as the rest.Special Features:
- Ready to returnAbsolutGDined on 12/22/2011The place had a relaxed feel, the lighting was low but not too low, the music was not blaring and fit the mood (some light jazz, some 40's). I definitely would return to try more dishes. The hummus was the best I've ever had (same for my friend), and the special branzino was prepared just right (no bones) - like the accompanying salad so one doesn't have to order everything ala carte. Service was well-timed and friendly.Special Features:
- Mediterranean fareWeekenderVIPDined on 11/11/2011I had Lamb Tagine which was delicious. Good service
- Nice neighborhood spotBeenThereAteThatDined on 11/6/2011Friendly, lively neighborhood spot with good quality food and service at reasonable prices.
- Stop refilling old ketchup bottles!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/8/2011Really liked the food and the service was solid. My biggest issue with this place though (and it was a big distraction), they refill their Heinz Ketchup bottles with who knows what and the bottles look vintage 70's - sort of gross - it makes you wonder where else they cut corners.
- ur group size kept increasingnatsbmwDined on 5/6/2011ur group size kept increasing and they were very good about accomodating us.Special Features:
- Delightful; good food, friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/22/2011Delightful; good food, friendly service, not too noisy.