353 Columbus Ave
San Francisco, CA 94133Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.monalisasf.com/
- Phone: 4159894917
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: M-Su 11:00am-3:45pm
Dinner: M-Th 4:00pm-11:00am
Dinner: F-Su 4:00pm-12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Maurizio Florese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
- Catering: We will gladly cater events for any occasion for parties of up to 500: anniversaries, birthdays, christenings, baptisms, weddings, graduations, memorial services and all corporate events.
- Cross Street: Vallejo Street
- Public Transit: Muni bus stops at Columbus and Grant, and also at Columbus & Broadway. Both locations are just 1 block away.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street parking. Indoor parking is also available at North Beach garage on Vallejo street, only 1 block away.
A word from Mona Lisa
Located in the heart of North Beach, Mona Lisa has been a family-run business for over 20 years. The Florese family provides a warm and welcoming atmosphere and and serves authentic Italian cuisine from all over Italy, boasting the largest menu in North Beach. The menu includes steak, seafood, veal, pasta, pizza, risotto, salads, gluten-free pizza and pasta, and many mouthwatering authentic desserts. Each dish is prepared with fresh ingredients, homemade sauces and a touch of the Mediterranean. The wine list includes a large selection of wines from all over Italy including older vintages and franciacorta; Italian beer as well. If you are celebrating a special occasion and want to dine alfresco in the vintage Fiat coupe parked out front, just let us know in advance. It's an unforgettable experience, a reason that many visitors leave their hearts at Mona Lisa!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mona Lisa reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (14)romantic (11)special occasion (8)notable wine list (8)good for groups (7)fit for foodies (7)great for outdoor dining (4)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (3)late-night find (3)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Very Italian!DianeVIPDined on 8/23/2014I went with my family as I read the reviews and it is family friendly. The menu is large, food is great, ambiance is totally fun. The waiter was extremely busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating Wedding AnniversarynotalisaDined on 8/10/2014We were recommended this restaurant. Due to the special occasion we decided to give it a try. The food was pricey for our budget, we thought that for what we were paying for we would get great tasting food. Maybe this just wasn't the place for our taste buds. The portions were very small we were still hungry. It was our first time making reservations an,d they didn't even ask or check are names even thought it wasn't busy. It was our first time and we expected for them to check us in, but maybe that is just in movies.Special Features:
- great Italian dineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014My wife and I went there for our 6th anniversary and she loved it. The place felt like we took a trip to Italy..the servers were Italian and we'll educated on the menu. The food was excellent. We will go back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hectic serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/2/2014The atmosphere is old school Italian, with a kitschy art theme but I enjoyed the ambiance. The service was stretched very thin however, it took a very long time to order food, and we waited for about 40 minutes for our pasta after we shared an appetizer. We weren't even hungry by the time the pasta hit the table, and the sauce was a bit bland for all the waiting. So the service and food were a bit of a miss, don't know if we will come back and try again with so many other Italian places nearby.
- overpriced supermarket foodxyz1Dined on 8/2/2014The food tasted like it was purchased at a supermarket and reheatedSpecial Features:
- TexasOilmanTexasOilmanDined on 8/1/2014Wife and I found Mona Lisa last year while visiting San Francisco and enjoyed the large amount choices on the menu so much , that we brought our grand-children this year to experience Mona Lisa with us while on vacation. These finicky kids had only one problem , what to choose. We all selected different entrees and shared family style. Absolutely no complaints or empty plates. Make reservations to avoid a long wait.Special Features:
- Decent Food but...SvenDined on 8/1/2014I really enjoyed the quality of the food. However, you can tell the the servers are used to serving guests they don't expect will come back to be regulars. We were trying to be frugal and our waiter made it clear that he was not happy about that.Special Features:
- Extensive MenuTedinEDHVIPDined on 7/18/2014Great service, good Italian food in North Beach. Only complain was a bit too warm inside. Love North Beach have eaten there many times and would recommend this place. Profiterole dessert was not the best choice. Wasn't bad, just not what expected.Special Features:
- Not GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014It was hot and stuffy inside the restaurant which is never optimal for dining, and the chicken piccata was not good. Maybe I just ordered the wrong thing? Regardless, I wouldn't recommend this restaurant due to the uncomfortable indoor temp.Special Features:
- deliciousiluvpastaDined on 7/13/2014I was at Mona Lisa several years ago and knew I would revisit it if I ever got back to San Francisco. It was as delicious this time as it was the last time. Absolutely fabulous sauces.Special Features:
- Best Italian restaurant ever!AlexPDined on 7/5/2014This has became our favorite Italian restaurant that we have ever been to. Best food, service, ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ristorante Mona LisaChantalDined on 7/3/2014We were looking for a nice, authentic Italian eatery with a moderately priced menu and chanced upon Mona Lisa. The owner himself greets his clients, and spoke to us in perfect Italian, along with most of his wait-staff. Our family lived in Italy for 6 years, so we knew what we were looking for. Let me tell you, the food was phenomenal. We all felt as if we teleported back to Italy to consume this delicious meal. I had the gnocchi al pesto, and it was as perfect as the food I had in Italy. My kids had the tortellini and fettucini gamberi & both loved it. They are very flexible as my other child is very specific about her pizza and they accommodated all of her wishes. All in all I was very impressed. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- MehTravelerDined on 6/22/2014Only okay, not worth the price of the food. We had two different servers and saw each one once durring the entire meal. Neither one introduced themselves. Drinks were not refilled. Our bill was wrong. We were sat next to a topless picture, it made the little boy at the table next to us pretty uncomfortable. Over all food was good but, I wouldn't go back or suggest this to anyone.Special Features:
- Unique Italian ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2014Terrific food in Little Italy. If the weather is nice and it's just two of you, suggest dining in the car on the curb. So fun.Special Features:
- USF D studentsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014Loved it!!! The good was fabulous and the service was both entertaining and par excellent!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!yumyumDined on 6/14/2014My husband and I love coming here! There is an extensive menu with many different pasta options to choose from. We always come for dinner and have never been disappointed. It's always very busy, but Mario, our waiter, gives great service no matter how many customers he has. The restaurant has more tables than it should really have so people who don't like a crowded environment shouldn't come here on weekends. There isn't much space between you and the table next to you, but we don't mind cause we love the food and the price is just as good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great authentic ItalianTomandAndiDined on 6/6/2014My wife and I took my mother here when we were in town. Food was great, service was attentive and friendly. It's definitely a bit touristy, but we had a ball and really enjoyed our meal. If you can, get a seat near the windows so you can watch the activity of the neighborhood passing by.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 0 reviews are from the Mona Lisa reviews archive.