353 Columbus Ave
San Francisco, CA 94133Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.monalisasf.com/
- Phone: (415) 989-4917
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: M-Su 11:00am-3:45pm
Dinner: M-Th 4:00pm-11:00pm
Dinner: F-Su 4:00pm-12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Maurizio Florese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
- Catering: We will gladly cater events for any occasion for parties of up to 500: anniversaries, birthdays, christenings, baptisms, weddings, graduations, memorial services and all corporate events. Please contact Filomena at 415-794-5805.
- Cross Street: Vallejo Street
- Public Transit: Muni bus stops at Columbus and Grant, and also at Columbus & Broadway. Both locations are just 1 block away.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street parking. Indoor parking is also available at North Beach garage on Vallejo street, only 1 block away.
A word from Mona Lisa
Located in the heart of North Beach, Mona Lisa has been a family-run business for over 20 years. The Florese family provides a warm and welcoming atmosphere and and serves authentic Italian cuisine from all over Italy, boasting the largest menu in North Beach. The menu includes steak, seafood, veal, pasta, pizza, risotto, salads, gluten-free pizza and pasta, and many mouthwatering authentic desserts. Each dish is prepared with fresh ingredients, homemade sauces and a touch of the Mediterranean. The wine list includes a large selection of wines from all over Italy including older vintages and franciacorta; Italian beer as well. If you are celebrating a special occasion and want to dine alfresco in the vintage Fiat coupe parked out front, just let us know in advance. It's an unforgettable experience, a reason that many visitors leave their hearts at Mona Lisa!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mona Lisa reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (14)romantic (9)special occasion (9)good for groups (8)fit for foodies (8)notable wine list (6)kid-friendly (6)great for outdoor dining (6)late-night find (4)hot spot (3)great for lunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Good Italian with great service.OutnaboutDined on 10/25/2014We are visiting from Seattle area and asked at our hotel for recommended Italian restaurants. Mona Lisa was one of only two suggested. In San Francisco for Pete's sake. One of only two? Turns out, it was good advice. Food was fantastic. I had Lasagna and my wife had primavera pasta, with vegetables. A nice wine, shared Caesar salad and garlic bread topped off our servings. Liked the atmosphere and the friendly service. Like most busy places, the noise level is a bit disturbing. All in all, however, a pleasant experience. Would return.Special Features:
- Great Atmosphere and Great FoodTonyDVIPDined on 10/19/2014Great southern italian food in a fun atmosphere. Service was very good in the 'old world' tradition.Special Features:
- Not impressed.Kk23Dined on 10/18/2014Service was horrible & food was not anything special. I'd prefer to eat at Olive Garden for the price.
- Great Time!DonShineDined on 10/4/2014Food was fantastic! I felt like I was having authentic Italian food on the West Coast. Portions vary depending on what you order. I got the spaghetti with seafood and it was just the right size, as most of the pasta dishes that my party ordered were. One in my party ordered the fried calamari dinner, and it looked HUGE. But the calamari was the best we've had since moving to the West Coast from NYC area. Service was great! And thought they handled my sizable party (14) very well. Husband and I can't wait to return and try more from the extensive menu. And would love to eat in the special table outside.Special Features:
- FABLOUSPBPPARENTSDined on 10/4/2014UNBELIVEABLE SERVICE, FOOD, ATTITUDE, JUST THE BEST. WE WENT BEFORE BEACH BLANKET SHOW AND THEY WERE BOTH EQUALLLY GREAT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mona LisaieandimDined on 10/3/2014Outside dining a must! They have customize a Fiat as a table for 2. It's in front of the restaurant of course. I had carbonara, it was dry, pancetta wasn't cooked and it was lumpy. Not good. Husband had veal. It was over cooked but the potatoes and spinach were excellent. We choose an excellent wine. They brought Lemoncello after dinner and an ice cream dessert. Service was OKAYSpecial Features:
- Anniversary CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014We had a great time and enjoyed celebrating our wedding anniversary with them! We'll be coming back!Special Features:
- CyndyCyndyDined on 9/27/2014Everything at Mona Lisa was perfect from the moment we entered; from the cute & accommodating hostess, to our waiter, Roberto, to the fantastic dinner! Prepared perfectly, and HUGE quantities. We knew we shouldn't eat so much, but it was all so delicious, we just couldn't stop! Will be one of our top favorite restaurants in SF from now on.Special Features:
- Dee-lish!AnnaDined on 9/22/2014I told my boyfriend I wanted Italian for our 8th anniversary dinner. We started researching some restaurants in. After reviewing some menus, I already picked out exactly what I wanted (8 hours early) and it was from Mona Lisa's menu. Upon arrival, the sweet and energetic waiter seated us immediately. Great recommendations on everything from wine to the pasta to the dessert. Very Italian feel: Italian music, accents, and the language spoken between the staff. The food was delicious, as was dessert. It's a small place so it can get a little uncomfortable, but not to the point of irritation. It can get a little hot, and when walking to the restroom or out to leave, you'd have to squeeze in between some chairs. Other than that, loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorite No Beach restosLove2EatOutVIPDined on 9/21/2014You can't go wrong at Mona Lisa. We always have a great meal and portions are generous. I like how the staff is all Italian. The food tastes very authentic Italian and the interior is beautiful. Even though the service is sometimes slow, it doesn't bother me that much. The ambience and food well makes up for it. AND they actually pour you a full glass of wine!
- Mixed review on the foodMerryAnnDined on 9/19/2014Friendly staff and enjoyable atmosphere. Mixed reviews on the food. Veal Saltimbocca and ricotta-spinach ravioli were very good, the cannelloni was covered in too much sauce that was over salted. Waiter helpful with Italian wine recommendations.I would recommend this to a friend.
- No bar wine and beer onlyEpicureansfDined on 9/12/2014Wine and beer only So so wind list Very authentic Italian Very no beach Nice people good for younger crowdSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place!missypDined on 9/6/2014Service and food fantastic! A bit slow in the kitchen, but very busy and large restaurant. Really can't complain. The waiter was wonderful and the food was great! Fun, italian atmosphere from beginning to end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly authenticNorthninerDined on 8/25/2014If you want a truly authentic Italian dinner .... This is the place to go. We ordered the Veal Marsala and Chicken Mona Lisa. Both meals were extremely good and we would not hesitate to come back here again.Special Features:
- Very Italian!DianeVIPDined on 8/23/2014I went with my family as I read the reviews and it is family friendly. The menu is large, food is great, ambiance is totally fun. The waiter was extremely busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating Wedding AnniversarynotalisaDined on 8/10/2014We were recommended this restaurant. Due to the special occasion we decided to give it a try. The food was pricey for our budget, we thought that for what we were paying for we would get great tasting food. Maybe this just wasn't the place for our taste buds. The portions were very small we were still hungry. It was our first time making reservations an,d they didn't even ask or check are names even thought it wasn't busy. It was our first time and we expected for them to check us in, but maybe that is just in movies.Special Features:
- great Italian dineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014My wife and I went there for our 6th anniversary and she loved it. The place felt like we took a trip to Italy..the servers were Italian and we'll educated on the menu. The food was excellent. We will go back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hectic serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/2/2014The atmosphere is old school Italian, with a kitschy art theme but I enjoyed the ambiance. The service was stretched very thin however, it took a very long time to order food, and we waited for about 40 minutes for our pasta after we shared an appetizer. We weren't even hungry by the time the pasta hit the table, and the sauce was a bit bland for all the waiting. So the service and food were a bit of a miss, don't know if we will come back and try again with so many other Italian places nearby.
- overpriced supermarket foodxyz1Dined on 8/2/2014The food tasted like it was purchased at a supermarket and reheatedSpecial Features:
- TexasOilmanTexasOilmanDined on 8/1/2014Wife and I found Mona Lisa last year while visiting San Francisco and enjoyed the large amount choices on the menu so much , that we brought our grand-children this year to experience Mona Lisa with us while on vacation. These finicky kids had only one problem , what to choose. We all selected different entrees and shared family style. Absolutely no complaints or empty plates. Make reservations to avoid a long wait.Special Features:
- Decent Food but...SvenDined on 8/1/2014I really enjoyed the quality of the food. However, you can tell the the servers are used to serving guests they don't expect will come back to be regulars. We were trying to be frugal and our waiter made it clear that he was not happy about that.Special Features:
- The following 10 reviews are from the Mona Lisa reviews archive.
- Extensive MenuTedinEDHVIPDined on 7/18/2014Great service, good Italian food in North Beach. Only complain was a bit too warm inside. Love North Beach have eaten there many times and would recommend this place. Profiterole dessert was not the best choice. Wasn't bad, just not what expected.Special Features:
- Not GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014It was hot and stuffy inside the restaurant which is never optimal for dining, and the chicken piccata was not good. Maybe I just ordered the wrong thing? Regardless, I wouldn't recommend this restaurant due to the uncomfortable indoor temp.Special Features:
- deliciousiluvpastaDined on 7/13/2014I was at Mona Lisa several years ago and knew I would revisit it if I ever got back to San Francisco. It was as delicious this time as it was the last time. Absolutely fabulous sauces.Special Features:
- Best Italian restaurant ever!AlexPDined on 7/5/2014This has became our favorite Italian restaurant that we have ever been to. Best food, service, ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ristorante Mona LisaChantalDined on 7/3/2014We were looking for a nice, authentic Italian eatery with a moderately priced menu and chanced upon Mona Lisa. The owner himself greets his clients, and spoke to us in perfect Italian, along with most of his wait-staff. Our family lived in Italy for 6 years, so we knew what we were looking for. Let me tell you, the food was phenomenal. We all felt as if we teleported back to Italy to consume this delicious meal. I had the gnocchi al pesto, and it was as perfect as the food I had in Italy. My kids had the tortellini and fettucini gamberi & both loved it. They are very flexible as my other child is very specific about her pizza and they accommodated all of her wishes. All in all I was very impressed. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- MehTravelerDined on 6/22/2014Only okay, not worth the price of the food. We had two different servers and saw each one once durring the entire meal. Neither one introduced themselves. Drinks were not refilled. Our bill was wrong. We were sat next to a topless picture, it made the little boy at the table next to us pretty uncomfortable. Over all food was good but, I wouldn't go back or suggest this to anyone.Special Features:
- Unique Italian ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2014Terrific food in Little Italy. If the weather is nice and it's just two of you, suggest dining in the car on the curb. So fun.Special Features:
- USF D studentsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014Loved it!!! The good was fabulous and the service was both entertaining and par excellent!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!yumyumDined on 6/14/2014My husband and I love coming here! There is an extensive menu with many different pasta options to choose from. We always come for dinner and have never been disappointed. It's always very busy, but Mario, our waiter, gives great service no matter how many customers he has. The restaurant has more tables than it should really have so people who don't like a crowded environment shouldn't come here on weekends. There isn't much space between you and the table next to you, but we don't mind cause we love the food and the price is just as good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great authentic ItalianTomandAndiDined on 6/6/2014My wife and I took my mother here when we were in town. Food was great, service was attentive and friendly. It's definitely a bit touristy, but we had a ball and really enjoyed our meal. If you can, get a seat near the windows so you can watch the activity of the neighborhood passing by.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.