Mona Lisa Fondue Restaurant
733 Manitou Avenue
Manitou Springs, CO 80829Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
Mona Lisa Fondue Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.monalisafondue.com/
- Phone: 719-685-0277
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, European
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Voted Colorado Springs Most Romantic and "Best" Special Occasion Restaurant the Mona Lisa is excited to host your next event. We can accommodate parties of 10 to 150 and an array of menu choices to choose from. For parties of 15 or more we will also open up early!
- Private Party Contact: Jeff Kiepke 8777814039
- Entertainment: Friday and Saturday nights we have Jazz/Acoustic Guitar. There is nothing like it in town!
A word from Mona Lisa Fondue Restaurant
Experience the Romance at The Mona Lisa Fondue Restaurant. Named Colorado Springs most romantic restaurant 10 times by the CS Gazette and Independent News Papers, the Mona Lisa is locals favorite spot for special occasions. Enjoy a leisurely romantic evening of delectable entrees in a friendly, relaxed atmosphere. Dip an array of fresh breads, fruits and vegetables into smooth melted cheese. Grill right at your table flavorful chicken, beef or seafood with a wide variety of dipping sauces. Afterwards, enjoy a rich and creamy chocolate fondue dessert with strawberries, bananas and much more! Pamper yourself with a wonderful experience at the Mona Lisa. Now open for lunch and Dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mona Lisa Fondue Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Cozy, Romantic, and DeliciousDateNightDinerDined on 12/7/2013While rather expensive, the Mona Lisa is worth every penny. Located in a renovated house, the Mona Lisa offers a variety of small rooms decorated with twinkle lights. My husband and I were seated in the room titled "Lover's Lane," which felt like a private dining room, as we shared it with only one other couple. The staff was quite friendly and accommodating. The food was excellent, including local wines, sparkling cider, and breads. Between the fondue-style foods and the romantic atmosphere, it is the perfect location for lingering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic and FUN dining experience!tonyludikerDined on 11/14/2013Fabulous food and fun fondue experience. Quite expensive but worth it for a special occasion. I took my girlfriend for her birthday and we enjoyed it immensely!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice, relaxing timeehkittDined on 11/13/2013We had a wonderful time - the ambiance was quiet and relaxing, and the fondue was fantastic. We got the cheese fondue (we chose the Greek Isles cheese) with wine flight and added a salad, the combination of which turned out to be quite filling. The server we had was also excellent. If you're looking for a low-key night out of conversation with a friend or a spouse, this is perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeat diner > Always excellentcoviewsDined on 11/13/2013This is my third time going to Mona Lisa. I have never been disappointed. If you are not using a coupon, the prices are a little steep, but the experience / quality makes it worth a bit higher price. With a coupon (ex: Living Social), its excellent.Special Features:
- Mona LisablickenDined on 11/10/2013I absolutely love this restaurant! It is so quaint and romantic. My husband and I really enjoyed getting away from the kids and having a quiet and romantic dinner. We were the only ones left in a room that could seat three couples so it was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful DinnerHappyDined on 11/10/2013My husband and I celebrated our anniversary dinner here. We had a very romantic and lovely time. The food was fabulous and the service was great. We truly enjoyed our dining experience and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AstoundingGingerHolly13Dined on 11/9/2013My boyfriend and I have been receiving $15 off coupons for Mona Lisa in the mail for a few months and we decided that we would finally use one this month to celebrate his new job. I was a little nervous because I was afraid it would be a snobby place that would turn their noses up at those of us who are not used to high class. However, it turned out to be the BEST dining experience I have ever had. The hosts were kind and helpful, our server Kaitlin was so friendly and, when we shared our fears of being out of place in such a fancy venue, assured us it was a no judgement zone. The food was superb; for 1.5 hours we were in heaven! We will definitely be going back and we will definitely tell everyone about our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fondue funKafookieDined on 11/8/2013Great evening out without having to leave town or get too fancy. Enjoyed our "private" room, seeing as they aim to seat each group in a different room. GREAT service! From server, host, and owner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great time at Mona LisaMonaluvrDined on 11/8/2013We have been to Mona Lisa on many occasions. This experience was better than ever. When we arrived the staff was prepared. The meal was phenomenal as was the wine. The flaming turtle was the choice to finish off the great night. We will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- change for dinnerFoodloverDined on 11/6/2013Fondue is not something I eat more than a few times a year. The Mona Lisa does a nice job. And has great wines to accompany the meal. We had a new server who didn't seem comfortable and wasn't completely familiar with the menu although she was nice and upbeat. We will go back again. We like to go during the week but will have to make a weekend trip to check out the wine bar located downstairs.Special Features:
- Seriously?OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/4/2013The portions were so small, the fondue bowl was not even 1/4 filled, between my husband and I we each had two or three pieces of bread in it before it was gone. All of the portions were so small, one shrimp, one scallop, a piece of sausage no bigger then my pinkie finger
- Great PlaceCrosbo07Dined on 11/2/2013My wife and I went there for her birthday and it was awesome. Great food. Knowledgeable waitress and the romantic atmosphere was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experiencejb01Dined on 11/1/2013We really enjoy Mona Lisa and would recommend it as a great time with a special someone or a different experience with friends! The food is always wonderful and the staff is very knowledgeable and helpful. The ambiance is romantic and fun! We would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a great dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Love Mona LisaMeganDined on 10/30/2013We had a wonderful date at Mona Lisa. My parents had told me about it since I was young they would get me a gift card when I got married. I finally made it and everything was as good as I had always known it would be. We had a great waiter(Nate) who did not rush us and made everything flow smoothly with the Fondu. Overall we really loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Dining PlacedandkDined on 10/25/2013We have eaten at the Mona Lisa for years. It is our favorite place to go as a couple and also to take good friends and family who appreciate good food and ambience. We have always had great service and have never been disappointed with the food and beverage. This place is a must!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For a great, quiet evening...!live2dineDined on 10/25/2013The food and atmosphere is the best! The service is outstanding, and the attentiveness of all the staff made for one of the most pleasant evenings we've had in quite a while. For a quiet evening or special romantic occasion, this is THE place to come. It is not for small children, nor should it be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic environment, stellarChrispyclarkDined on 10/24/2013Fantastic environment, stellar service, wonderful food, and I also appreciate someone besides the server checking on how our experience was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 24th Anniversary DinnerdatenightparentsDined on 10/21/2013We went to Mona Lisa Fondue to celebrate our 24th anniversary. The ambiance was perfectly inviting for a romantic dinner without the children. The service was great as our server was very attentive and paced the meal out nicely. She explained all facets of the fondue meal and my gluten free husband was surprised at the amount of selections he had to choose from. I would recommend the Mona Lisa Fondue Restaurant to anyone wanting a quiet, romantic and relaxing meal in beautiful Manitou Springs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still the bestDanSDined on 10/16/2013We have been going here for years and hope to continue to go for many more to come. It is a great experience! Everyone should go and see why it is the best Fondue in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, lots of it, low lightinsandydeckerDined on 10/13/2013The food was delicious and I enjoyed every bite. I hardly ate the whole day in preparation as they give you alot of food and two people could share one entree.. There were four of us and we got fondue for three for this reason. In hindsight, I think fondue for two would have worked as we did leave some food behind and most of us were busting at the seams. The only critique I would give is that the lighting was low which was fine until we were cooking the meat which made it hard to know if it was cooked through or not. So some of it was overcooked or under cooked cause we just could hardly see it! .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mona Lisa has always beengds711Dined on 10/12/2013Mona Lisa has always been a good experience. I was a natural for our 10th anniversary as one of our earliest dates was there. They did not disappoint. Its a great place to actually be with someone special.Special Features:
- Ghost Tour RestauramtBertDined on 10/12/2013My friend and I enjoyed the food and after a long walk and a visit before a ghost tour, the restaurant was very relaxing. I would like to see a garlic butter sauce as part of their options,Special Features:
- Excellent server!Localsx4Dined on 10/11/2013We have dined here many times but our service this time was over the top! Our server, Katie, was energetic and fun and seemed genuinely interested in making sure we had a great time! Have to say we go out quite a bit and she was very nice! It was our freind's first timet to ML and they loved it! We were greeted when we entered, seated and the evening was wonderful! Neighbroing tab;e guests were kind of loud and kept butting in to our conversations but not the rest's fault.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just try it!!!!!!!!!!!ZappoDined on 10/11/2013It was a wonderful to cook your meat selections and dip all your different types of food in cheese and sauces.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the Melting PotFondueLoverDined on 10/5/2013The fondue is very simple, nothing special, from the cheese fondue to the dipping sauces for the meat to the chocolate. It is wholly overpriced for what you get. With the competition Melting Pot in town, this place needs to step it up significantly. Location and ambience are nice though, as is the wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatlovefondueDined on 10/5/2013Enjoyed every bit of dining at the Mona Lisa. The food was excellent, the service was excellent and a very nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gotta go again!MelleymommyDined on 9/30/2013Our family dinner experience was superb!! The ambiance was quaint, the service was great, and the food was delicious. We appreciated the prompt service, would definitely go again , and would recommend it to anyone who has never been. I loved the expediency of having the option to make a reservation online and see what the open availability was without having to call. The confirmation email allowed for peace of mind. The fondue experience is unique and particularly classy at the Mona Lisa. We WILL be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect date nightliveheremanitouDined on 9/28/2013We had the fondue for two and were not disappointed. It was quiet, private, and with romantic ambience. Our server knew just when to check in at the perfect time and was polite, efficient, and had a certain charm that made your evening that much more pleasurable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went to Mona Lisa for my birthdayalihkatt422Dined on 9/28/2013Went to Mona Lisa for my birthday dinner. We had had excellent experiences in their Wine Cellar and wanted to give the restaurant a chance. It was wonderful. The server was attentive, helpful and knowledgeable. The food was outstanding and the novelty of the fondue was fun. The wine list is diverse with a good selection of bottles under $50 and a wide selection of wines by the glass. We choose the four course menu for two and would do it again. It was a ton of food and I had to pace myself, but my other half was in heaven. My only advice is to bring a sweater for those of you who are sensitive to temperature change. They keep it rather cool, but when the main dish is served, it can get warm with the grill on your table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for Date NightmichelletrDined on 9/27/2013My husband and I headed to Mona Lisa's for our first post-baby date night (at 6 months - YIKES!), and it was the perfect venue for a romantic evening. The food was absolutely splendid. Our waitress was extremely helpful with explaining the menu, offering suggestions, and ensuring we had delicious wine to pair with our choices. The noise level was good for quiet conversation. The food came out at a very nice pace, giving us plenty of time to savor our wine, food, and each other. Best of all there weren't any teething babies there to make us miss our little one at home (too much).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a dateTheFoodieDined on 9/21/2013My wife really enjoyed herself there, I was never a fondue person to begin with. I felt feeling full, but the price I paid made me think twice about ever going back. Great place but just a tad too expensive for what I expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time @ MonaLisaCSDinersDined on 9/21/2013The staff was extremely nice and very helpful. We arrived a bit early for our reservation and they were quite accommodating. The food was seasoned perfectly and fresh. I was a wonderful evening in a romantic and quiet atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiterwhy1Dined on 9/21/2013I forget the young man's name, but he was very polite and informative (it was our first visit.)Special Features:
- Perfectly RomanticMrandMrsRomanceDined on 9/20/2013Other than our waiting making a minor mistake on our order, we had a perfect experience. We sat on the balcony while the moon rose. Extremely romantic and intimate. The food was perfection. No complaints and highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful date night!JayInCOSDined on 9/20/2013The kids were away for the night, so we treated ourselves. So glad we did- we had a wonderful time. Brian took great care of us (as it was our first fondue experience). What a pleasure to dine on the balcony while Manitou's night scene warmed up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location and food to matchMIkeDined on 9/12/2013A friend refered us to the Mona Lisa and we're glad they did. Perfect date location! Was hoping to have room for the desert, but the meal filled me up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience I have beenDin42Dined on 9/1/2013Great experience I have been to Mona Lisa 2 times this was the 3rd time I must say this was the best time. We decided to try the wine cellar before dinner enjoyed every minute of it. Then we made our way upstairs for dinner and that was very enjoyable great for, loved where we sat and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mona Lisa FondueIheartfondueDined on 9/1/2013We love Mona Lisa and made a trip to Colorado from Washington DC for my 40th birthday to experience it again. Every time we have been (we went numerous times during the 5 years we lived in Pueblo), the food, service and ambience have always been superb. We typically skip the main course and just enjoy salad along with the cheese and chocolate courses. This last visit, we tried the wine pairings and the port that was paired with the milk chocolate fondue was exceptional! The seasonal salad is delicious, and we were happy to allow our server to bring us extra cut apples and bananas for the chocolate fondue as those are by far my favorites to dip! Dining on the balcony was a real treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great romantic dinner placeAmesDined on 8/24/2013Take your time-- you'll need it to finish all the food in the 4 course dinner. Don't settle for less than 4 courses so you can enjoy all the yummy goodness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun with friends!harleygirlDined on 8/23/2013A friend and I enjoyed a wonderful experience at Mona Lisa's for girls night out. This would be a very romantic place for a date, but is also fun with friends! We were outside on the porch so it was a little noisy with the traffic but very fun otherwise to see people going by. The food was excellent and it is always fun to dip your own food. The service was very good. No complaints here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.