Mom's Old Recipe Mexican Restaurant
5760 N Milwaukee Ave.
Chicago, IL 60646Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Mom's Old Recipe Mexican Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://momsoldreciperestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7734671009
- Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday:11:30am - 10:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 2:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Mom's Old Recipe Mexican Restaurant
We serve the most succulent, delicious and fresh Mexican food in the Chicago area! Featuring recipes from Cuernavaca, Morelos, Mom's Old Recipe Mexican Restaurant boasts a large menu of traditional Mexican dishes that will leave you wanting more. Whether you are planning an intimate date, a family outing or meeting with friends after work, our dishes will satisfy everyone and our relaxing atmosphere is simply perfect for any occasion. Stop in and have a look! We're certain you'll find something to make your taste buds ecstatic! Our dishes are also available for take-out and catering.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mom's Old Recipe Mexican Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Not a bad optionOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/18/2014This was our first visit to Mom's. The staff was very friendly and we were seated immediately. The initial service was prompt and courteous. I believe I ordered the chipotle tilapia. I think it would have been good but I couldn't taste the fish because it was swimming in so much sauce. The sauce itself was hot but didn't have a lot of flavor. We waited quite a long time after our dinner but no one came with our bill. We finally had to track someone down so we could pay and leave. I might give it another try though because it did have a friendly staff and a unique, quirky ambiance.
- Best Mexican in the neighborhoodBcb1023Dined on 4/11/2014Love this place. Cute decor, excellent menu options, reasonable prices, great food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!SOttoDined on 4/5/2014Dinner was relaxed and delicious. We had reservations at 7:00pm on a Saturday and the restaurant was full. My husband had the Tequila Shrimp (special) and I had the Carne Asada. Flavorful dishes, steak was cooked perfectly. The salsa served before the meal has a great kick. Yummy Patron Margaritas! We ordered the Tres Leches dessert to go - it was moist and satisfied our sweet tooth with a good cup of coffee an hour after we returned home. We will be back!Special Features:
- Quaint Neighborhood GemMargolisDined on 1/16/2014I love this place. It's my go-to spot when entertaining friends and family. Guests are always impressed by the attentive and friendly service and the quality of the food. The salsa is unique and has a nice kick to it. Drinks are kept topped-off. The cuisine is elevated, not your standard stuff. Be adventurous and order something unusual. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were a larger party thatmoreDined on 1/9/2014We were a larger party that went on a slow night. Made a reservation in advance. Arrived and table was not ready, restaurant did not seem prepared despite the reservation. Food was good, but somewhat pricy. Service was extremely slow.
- Never Fails To ImpressMargolisDined on 12/15/2013Mom's Old Recipe is one of those places one passes by a million times without noticing, but once you enter, you're hooked. The food is fresh and tasty. The service is friendly and efficient. This restaurant really is a neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindDaveLDined on 11/14/2013This restaurant does not grab your attention from the outside. Its a common store front, but the inside is clean, comfortable and relaxed. Service was quite good and the food was very good. The lunch menu was reasonable in both price and portions of food. I will be visiting again to try out their dinner menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best DinnerAwesomeVIPDined on 11/11/2013The food was out of this world- combination of flavors, fresh, gluten free, complex, and made us want more! The enchilada trio BF ordered was so delicious I pushed my entire order of fajitas to the side and we ate his meal. Reheated fajitas were better than I have had in some restaurants. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mom's Old Recipe Mexican RestaurantLadyGVIPDined on 10/14/2013Great Mexican food with excellent service. Most items are reasonable priced, some are expensive. Menu is on their website. Street parking only which has not been a problem the two times we have eaten there. Definitely the best Mexican restaurant we have found in that area.Special Features:
- upscale mexicandinnerpalsDined on 10/5/2013Meat dishes very tender and tasty. Food presentation great and portions perfect. A special place!Special Features:
- One of the better neighborhoodHowardr48VIPDined on 10/4/2013One of the better neighborhood Mexican restaurants. My friend and I found the food to be fresh and tasty particularly the guacamole and the steak fajitas. The shrimp tacos were also a hit. For this type of restaurant the portions are not huge, but there is certainly enough food served and of a quality that would make me gladly forgo the quantity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceMargolisDined on 7/21/2013If they delivered, I would weigh 500 pounds. Good, high-end Mexican food. Great, friendly service. Nice, casual atmosphere. Sidewalk dining, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but No A/C:(RichMVIPDined on 6/23/2013I really like this place and enjoy the fresh Mexican food made here. My problem is with the Air conditioning. This is the second time I have been here and there was no A/C. It was unbearably hot and ruined our experience. I will be back in the winter.Special Features:
- Cosy Mexican RestaurantDangerossVIPDined on 6/22/2013My husband wanted to eat Mexican Food, so we found Mom's Old Recipe Mexican Restaurant on Open Table and decided to give it a try. It was a good choice. It's a neighborhood place and luckily there was lots of street parking. The hostess and our waitress were very pleasant and accommodating and the food was fresh and tasty. The margaritas were great, too. They were extremely generously sized. One was enough for each of us. I had the fish tacos and since I can't eat gluten, I asked them to grill the fish and they were very accommodating about that. My husband had the Mom's Chili Rellenos. He said they were delicious, but a bit rich and next time he would stick to the traditional cheese. All in all a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Mexican food withygritteDined on 6/8/2013Authentic Mexican food with excellent and knowledgeable service. Small, intimate, friendly, and quiet. Chocoflan dessert was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent First-Time ExperienceMargolisDined on 5/13/2013I've driven by this place a million times and always wondered about it. A friend and I decided to finally try it, and I'm glad we did. The staff is super warm and friendly. The food is delicious. The prices are reasonable. The decor and atmosphere is great. I am sure this was the first of many visits.Special Features:
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2013We had a group of eight for an early (5 pm) dinner on Mother's Day. The food was all very fresh and homemade-like and interesting. Everyone liked their food very much, and the service was very courteous and friendly and helpful. It did take quite a while - around 35 minutes - to get our food from the time we ordered. But that was not a problem for us. Great spot - we'll likely go back.Special Features:
- This was our first visit andWoodManDined on 4/19/2013This was our first visit and we will be back. This was some of the most fresh 'Home made' food we have at a neighborhood Mexican restaurant. They truly use Mom's recipies.Special Features:
- WE waited a hour in a halfOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/13/2013WE waited a hour in a half for our food and then only 2 of us had are food while the other 5 still had to wait. really 35.00 for a pitcher of sangria fill to the top with ice and the glasses fill to the top of ice. That is such a rip off. Then they off er to buy us a drink at the end of the evening all we wanted to was leave. We were celebrating three birthdays and they only brought out 2 deserts and they charge us for them. Would never go back.