Momo's Pasta Dallas
Dallas, TX 75201Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Momo's Pasta Dallas
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.momospasta.com/
- Phone: 2145213009x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 2:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 10:00am - 2:00pm.
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 2:00pm- 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 2:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Momo's Pasta Dallas
Like a friendly neighborhood trattoria you might find in Naples or Venice, MoMo’s serves fare passed down through generations. The atmosphere is friendly and intimate, with exposed brick walls and sunny patio. The patio invites people watching along Knox Avenue at the uptown location. MoMo’s continues to set the standard for Italian dining in Dallas.Continued
Directions: Best secret restaurant in Quadrangle . We are located at Lacelede & Routh next to Theatre 3
Directions: Best secret restaurant in Quadrangle . We are located at Lacelede & Routh next to Theatre 3
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Momo's Pasta Dallas - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
Momo's Pasta Dallas reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (19)romantic (17)fit for foodies (14)special occasion (12)great for outdoor dining (11)late-night find (9)good for groups (8)notable wine list (7)great for brunch (6)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Wonderful Evening...SkinFlickDined on 9/12/2014The restaurant was not very busy for a Friday night and we couldn't figure out why? The staff was incredibly friendly and attentive. The food was amazing from the appetizer special to the salads to the entrees. I had gnocchi that were out of this world! We will definitely be back soon.Special Features:
- Only one Momo's - others pretendejunkerDined on 9/12/2014The Gattini's have served outstanding Italian cuisine since 1992, at least in my experience. The old Forest place was a traditional maze of spaces requiring a lot to fix/present a meal, still the food was great, the wine selection limitless - still is - BYOB. Service was never short of excellent. Today, it's a modern Italian picture of efficiency and pleasing design. Food and service are authentic and five-star. A 2nd generation of Gattini's run it, it's easy to understand. Beware pretenders wearing the name, but if you're looking for dowdy, convenience, over-the-top foodieness, or economical family spaghetti, they're maybe a better bet for you. For the quality Italian experience, in Dallas it's MoMo's Italian Kitchen, 8989 Forest Lane.Special Features:
- Poor frozen foodCosmicChgoDined on 8/23/2014I started with the Melon & Prosciutto. Melon slices were not wrapped as is often customary. The proscuitto was laid flat on the pate and melon slices resting atop. The main dish, a mahi mahi special, was far from special. The fish was clearly from a large frozen bag with the texture of rubber. Frozen vegetables accompanied it along with creamed peas -- the brownish-gray-green color indicating it came right out of a can. When I asked for bread, it was like strips of pita bread. The place may be nice for a drink before going to the nearby theatre, but the food I found lackluster.
- Good location in uptownFoodloverDined on 8/17/2014The wine selection was good and the wait staff were friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Fantastic Food & Service as AlwaysGildedGrapefruitDined on 8/8/2014Momo's is our go-to-spot for delicious Italian food made from scratch without too much fuss and without breaking the bank. The service is always above and beyond. They make all their pasta in-house and you can truly taste the difference. They also have a wonderful selection of gluten-free options. Whether we are going for a date night or out with friends, the ambiance is the perfect fit in uptown when you don't want to have to yell over a crowd. They have a good wine list and I also love that they allow BYOB if you have your own bottle! I also highly recommend the Insalata alla Momo if you like seafood. Hands down this is my favorite Italian restaurant and I love that it is a 5 minute walk home.. especially after a bottle of wine ;)Special Features:
- Momo's Good for Pre-theater dinnerDallasDinahDined on 8/8/2014We enjoyed dinner at Momo's before a performance at a nearby theater. The staff were friendly and our server was great! One diner had the porterhouse that was perfectly grilled and stuffed w/prosciutto and cheese; he said it was very good. The pasta dish was good, according to the other diner. My broiled trout siciliana was a little dry (as broiled lean fish can be,) but all the vegetables and light, garlicky sauce over it were delicious and added moisture without being heavy. We were seated, served and finished in time for the show. Want to go back when we can eat more leisurely and enjoy some wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Experience for the PriceLBIIIDined on 7/10/2014Not a lot of customers when we dined but the experience was very nice. The attention to detail and the service we received were outstanding. The entrees were reasonable in size and bursting with flavor. Overall, good experience for the price.Special Features:
- Delicious Late-Night PastaCM296Dined on 7/5/2014Found Momo's while looking for Italian places near me that were open late night (Momo's is open until 11pm everyday except Sunday). It's tucked away in the Quadrangle with a very nice quiet patio, and I liked the immediate service upon walking in. The waiters were attentive, helpful, and quick, and the whole dining experience was very authentic Italian. The tomato sauce was not too sweet, and the homemade pasta was absolutely delicious. We ordered the CONCHIGLIE a MODO MIO, MACCHERONI alla VESUVIANA and the POLLO alla MARCHIGIANA special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful ExperienceMortgagemasterVIPDined on 6/23/2014We had a great time at Momo's. We enjoy dining out when the rest of the world is not. The Monday special is half off on bottles of wine up to $50 and they have a nice selection. We enjoyed a higher-end wine (Jordan Cab) at 30% off and it was a wonderful find, and served at the right temperature (not "Dallas room temp"). The food and service were exquisite and overall this represents a good value with interesting Italian food, nothing Americanized about it. We live nearby and will be back often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- radicalinDradicalinDVIPDined on 6/22/2014We had a group of ten and everyone was very happy with the fantastic food and service.Special Features:
- Family dinnerLB624Dined on 6/20/2014My family enjoyed a dinner here, although there weren't many other diners. Good food and wine, attentive service.
- GmanVIPDined on 6/16/2014A wonderful spot for an enjoyable lunch. Excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Brunch!PatzmarVIPDined on 6/15/2014Great menu! Best food! We love to go after church!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More Momo's Please!jamiesqDined on 6/13/2014I took my dad to dinner for Father's Day and when he told me he was craving Italian, we decided to try out Momo's. I'm happy to say it was a great choice! My dad and I loved our food, the service was very prompt and attentive, and we enjoyed a nice bottle of wine. I had the seafood pasta and my dad opted for the lobster ravioli but we couldn't resist stealing tastes from each others dishes. It was delicious! Thank you Momo's for helping me show my dad a great time for Father's Day; we'll definitely be back soon!Special Features:
- Real ItalianElizabethVIPDined on 5/26/2014Oh thank heavens! This is lovely non corrupted Italian food. It is not over seasoned or over oiled or over served or over tomato-ish. This is fresh tasting, beautifully presented, and delicious Italian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 166 reviews are from the Momo's Pasta Dallas reviews archive.
- Good nuevo rustic italianOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/19/2014Great outdoor dining in an interior patio. Cozy seating and great bar inside. Nice wine list, excellent dishes. Don't miss the tiramisu for dessert.Special Features:
- Nono'sFoodieBDined on 5/16/2014The place smelled like the bathroom, they messed up my order and most of my group had a stomach ache the next day and I was violently ill. Would not recommend.Special Features:
- spaghettioscatyleaDined on 4/24/2014Don't bother. If you want to eat Italian and eat here you might as well open a can of spagettios and nuke it at home. It would probably taste better.
- thank you for the great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/16/2014friendly staff, great food, very authentic italian ambiente. Also a little present for my wifes birthday, thanks! If we are in dallas we will come back for sure.Special Features:
- Waste of moneyCLaritapeDined on 4/7/2014Went thinking I could have decent pasta. Big disappointment. Will not go back and would not recommend it.
- Good Italian faresmars17VIPDined on 4/4/2014Great pasta, delicious appetizers, and wonderful salads. Liked the variety and was able to get a complete Italian meal with a starter, salad, pasta, pizza, and entree course to share between three people at a reasonable price. Would definitely recommend getting one or more pastas for the table. Overall a nice dining experience and will certainly visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Momo's maybemtdicksonVIPDined on 4/2/2014We came of lunch and everyone seemed to enjoy their meals. Two of us had salmon and fresh veggies, two had pastas, one had chicken. The chicken came out tepid, but when the waiter was notified, he quickly fixed it and then gave us a tiramasu on the house. They seemed a little understaffed for the lunch run so that might have accounted for the chicken cooling so quickly. I would probably try Momo's again.Special Features:
- Kind of disappointingRichardVIPDined on 3/19/2014Saw a number of favorable reviews and decided to go. The restaurant is located in a central downtown dallas location that looks like it has been rehabilitated, but it is DEAD (no people). I had been to this restaurant about 18 months ago for lunch, as I remembered when arrived..I remembered the lunch as pretty good. Things were slow in the restaurant, as was the speed between courses. I had the seafood pasta in a tomato sauce and it was very pedestrian. I eat in Italy, and I know to make a USA adjustment, but below par even after the adjustment. The evening was OK, but if you are in downtown Dallas there are better places to spend money.
- Pre Theater dinnerDadwithteenagersVIPDined on 3/14/2014We had theater tickets at Theater Three and enjoyed great salads, and seafood and the chicken dishes.Special Features:
- Service was a bit slow andOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/8/2014Service was a bit slow and this was the second time at this restaurant where there where language barriers with the server. The server also had to come back to the table to confirm the order and still it was questionable as to weather the order was taken down correctly. The manager however was very helpful.Special Features:
- Better than KnoxPrivateDinerDined on 3/5/2014I was sad to see this restaurant leave Knox Henderson area but this location is even better. It's a larger restaurant and quieter. Food is superb with lots of variety. They should serve better bread. Something bulky and earthy. The bread didn't hold up to the wonderful pasta and tomato sauce. Otherwise nearly perfect. I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Daughter's Birthday DinnerDadwithteenagersVIPDined on 2/28/2014We had a large group for my daughter's birthday. The Salmon special was incredible. The fresh pasta dishes and chicken breast in a sherry sauce were excellent. The pizzas were loved by all ages.Special Features:
- Great meal before the theatersweettalktxDined on 2/28/2014Best pasta I've had in a while. In fact, I keep thinking about it afterwards. Restaurant decor was appealing and appropriately lit. Service was very courteous. We were seated immediately and good came out quickly; however, we had to wait too long to get out check and then again to pay. Making up for that was the discount we received because we were headed to the theater afterwards. Will definitely be back to Momo's!!Special Features:
- Enjoyed ourselvesMommapokesDined on 2/22/2014We had a very nice relaxing birthday dinner for six. The food was very good, the service was just right and finally a restaurant that the music wasn't so loud you couldn't hear others at your table. All in all we truly enjoyed ourselves. This was our first time, but it will not be our last.I would recommend this to a friend.
- the food was very good- Inew2dallasDined on 2/15/2014the food was very good- I had the Momo salad and mussels as I wasnt very hungry and my companion had the spaghetti bologanse which he said was better than what one usually gets plus it was a huge portionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Modern Italy in UptownKDN1Dined on 2/15/2014Went to this restaurant for Valentine's day with my girlfriend and it was perfect. The manager was very complimentary and welcoming , service was spot on...didn't have to ask for much..they pretty knew what I needed, and the food...perfecto. She was happy and so I was happy which means that Momo's gets a great review. The ambience was great....good background noise but not loud enough that you can't hold a conversation with those next to you. I liked the modern decor...a very well put together establishment. Worth coming back to again. If you want a great italian experience for two or whether you want to go with family....Momo's is the way to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expectedTerrirsDined on 2/15/2014Though Moma's advertises itself as an Italian restaurant it is a bit confusing. The music playing the whole time we were there was Mexican and the decor is not really Italian/not really Mexican/not really ? so it was a relief to get the menu and find Italian food. It all sounded great in the descriptions. Some of it was really good - the Pink Bread which is an EXTREMELY small serving of 5 VERY SMALL pieces of french bread w/ pepper paste and cheese - was great though tiny. The salads were good. The pork tenderloin entree tasted odd and grainy with a side of vegetables and creamed (I think) peas. Not good. The pasta was OK if unremarkable. The tiramisu was some of the best we have ever had. A very uneven meal given the great reviews I read.
- Valentine's Day SpecialCraigDined on 2/15/2014We stopped in for the 3 course Valentine's Day special. The selections for the special were wonderful. It was a great meal and dining experience and the service was outstanding. We had the crab stuffed shrimp and the Chilean Sea Bass for entrees and both were exceptional. The crispy crepes as an appetizer were a wonderful delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines Day ruinerDinerDined on 2/14/2014Didn't get greeted at all after waiting 10 minutes in the front. We walked out. It may have been a different experience if they weren't busy. Understaffed
- Awesomejdine20Dined on 2/14/2014Great evening. Very nice place with the right music selection. Food was great, service was wonderful and on time. Setting was romantic, wine list was great. I would recommend this place to my friends and family. Momo's is the place to be even if your just looking for a place with fine wine for the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor service tarnished good timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Yes, it was a busy evening (Valentines Day). Yes, we had a terrific table in the back for our group of 7. The fixed price menu looked promising. But having to hail a waiter for water, then wine then dinner then dessert is what we remember most. Begging for service when those around you are attended makes for an aggravating experience. The manager was helpful but short of becoming our server, could not overcome the isolation we all felt. Too bad; the food was tasty and the ambiance was attractive yet there are too many restaurants whose staff would be happy to provide adequate if not outstanding service. This is not one of them.
- MoMo RevoewLinnyDined on 2/12/2014Excellent food, great Italian place and great atmosphere. Offer gluten-free pasta, everything very fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceDallasDinerDined on 2/8/2014Our party of four dined at Momo's Pasta on February 8. We were greeted and seated promptly. Our server was polite and very attentive, and the excellent service was the most notable part of this meal. The food was very good; everyone in our party enjoyed their selections. The portions are of a good and appropriate size, and the prices are reasonable, especially for the Uptown neighborhood.. Only negative: the interior of the restaurant looks a bit tired.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian DiningHilzDined on 2/7/2014Had a small part at Momo's for a birthday. The food and atmosphere was great. The service was outstanding and made the evening special. Will definitely return to Momo's in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was Great As UsualSbladesDined on 1/31/2014We changed it up and my DH had the Oleo chicken special, which he raved about. I had the calzone and I loved the crust and creamy insides. Not enough pepperoni for me, but it was delicious.Special Features: