Momo's Pasta Dallas
Dallas, TX 75201Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Momo's Pasta Dallas
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.momospasta.com/
- Phone: (214) 521-3009
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 2:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 10:00am - 2:00pm.
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 2:00pm- 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 2:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Momo's Pasta Dallas
Like a friendly neighborhood trattoria you might find in Naples or Venice, MoMo’s serves fare passed down through generations. The atmosphere is friendly and intimate, with exposed brick walls and sunny patio. The patio invites people watching along Knox Avenue at the uptown location. MoMo’s continues to set the standard for Italian dining in Dallas.Continued
Directions: Best secret restaurant in Quadrangle . We are located at Lacelede & Routh next to Theatre 3
Directions: Best secret restaurant in Quadrangle . We are located at Lacelede & Routh next to Theatre 3
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Momo's Pasta Dallas - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
Momo's Pasta Dallas reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (25)great for outdoor dining (22)romantic (22)fit for foodies (21)special occasion (20)good for groups (20)late-night find (13)notable wine list (12)great for brunch (11)great for lunch (10)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (4)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014Traveling through Dallas, we found this gem. The staff was extremely personable. A free glass of wine to say 'Welcome to Dallas'. They also tweaked the menu a bit to cater to my sister's appetite, which was awesome. Always on top of things and price was perfect for the way the food tasted. If I was to go back to Dallas, Id definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeJackDined on 11/19/2014By 7:15 the bar was packed! I feared I had been duped into selecting a bar that serves food. But the calimari appetizer cleared that fallacy quickly. The pasta with shrimp and smoked salmon was perfectly cooked and the tang of Marsala was evident but not overpowering. Great dining experience! I'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wouldn't go backDenverDined on 11/18/2014not that great for the money. The atmosphere was interesting, the place was dead, and the service wasn't that fantastic. The food was not bad but could have been better.
- Always the Best Service!!!DallasdinerDined on 11/7/2014Food is excellent! Nice menu. Pasta is always great and the service is wonderful -- always personable and attentive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date Night Findjatt2013Dined on 10/25/2014Searched for a new "Date Night" Italian restaurant for my spouse and I. We were familiar with another MoMo's in Dallas but not this location, so we tried it out. Outdoor seating was nice and the food very good; will add it to our list of place to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Momo's is the best!BekkahDined on 10/25/2014Momo's has the best Italian food, and best service in Dallas. I was amazed at how incredible the service was. My drink was never empty, our waiter came by every few minutes to check on us, and the manager came by at one point to make sure that we were being well taken care of. The fresh bread, and oil dip is the best I've ever had; so fresh, and so delicious. I think that anyone who visits Dallas, must eat at Momo's at least once! It is truly a Dallas gem. You won't regret it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I would go back...KloisVIPDined on 10/11/2014I definitely would return, however do not get the "pink bread". It is basically just plain bread with some mozzarella on top. The pizza was outstanding, we had it with Pesto sauce which was great. Server really struggled, I think they need more waitstaff. Still, the ambiance is great and I will return.Special Features:
- Momo's DeliversSbladesDined on 10/10/2014Well, they don't deliver to your door, but they do deliver in consistency of great food and good service. I changed from my regular place (the cocoa pasta - awesome) to the Linguette alla Puttanesca. It was delicious and just the right amount of red pepper to give a kick. I think this may be my new regular order. Oh, so good. And they still serve that good bread with herbed olive oil. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Cozy and QuietDannoDined on 10/7/2014Hoss, and the entire team at Momo's are wonderful and make you feel like family. The artwork changes monthly and is presented by local artist.Special Features:
- Great lunch for a groupcindihDined on 10/7/2014We had a group of 8 for lunch. They put us at a nice table that felt tucked away and quiet but not isolated. The service and food was very good and timely. Very enjoyable.Special Features:
- Wonderful Evening...SkinFlickVIPDined on 9/12/2014The restaurant was not very busy for a Friday night and we couldn't figure out why? The staff was incredibly friendly and attentive. The food was amazing from the appetizer special to the salads to the entrees. I had gnocchi that were out of this world! We will definitely be back soon.Special Features:
- Only one Momo's - others pretendejunkerDined on 9/12/2014The Gattini's have served outstanding Italian cuisine since 1992, at least in my experience. The old Forest place was a traditional maze of spaces requiring a lot to fix/present a meal, still the food was great, the wine selection limitless - still is - BYOB. Service was never short of excellent. Today, it's a modern Italian picture of efficiency and pleasing design. Food and service are authentic and five-star. A 2nd generation of Gattini's run it, it's easy to understand. Beware pretenders wearing the name, but if you're looking for dowdy, convenience, over-the-top foodieness, or economical family spaghetti, they're maybe a better bet for you. For the quality Italian experience, in Dallas it's MoMo's Italian Kitchen, 8989 Forest Lane.Special Features:
- Poor frozen foodCosmicChgoDined on 8/23/2014I started with the Melon & Prosciutto. Melon slices were not wrapped as is often customary. The proscuitto was laid flat on the pate and melon slices resting atop. The main dish, a mahi mahi special, was far from special. The fish was clearly from a large frozen bag with the texture of rubber. Frozen vegetables accompanied it along with creamed peas -- the brownish-gray-green color indicating it came right out of a can. When I asked for bread, it was like strips of pita bread. The place may be nice for a drink before going to the nearby theatre, but the food I found lackluster.
- Good location in uptownFoodloverDined on 8/17/2014The wine selection was good and the wait staff were friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Fantastic Food & Service as AlwaysGildedGrapefruitDined on 8/8/2014Momo's is our go-to-spot for delicious Italian food made from scratch without too much fuss and without breaking the bank. The service is always above and beyond. They make all their pasta in-house and you can truly taste the difference. They also have a wonderful selection of gluten-free options. Whether we are going for a date night or out with friends, the ambiance is the perfect fit in uptown when you don't want to have to yell over a crowd. They have a good wine list and I also love that they allow BYOB if you have your own bottle! I also highly recommend the Insalata alla Momo if you like seafood. Hands down this is my favorite Italian restaurant and I love that it is a 5 minute walk home.. especially after a bottle of wine ;)Special Features:
- Momo's Good for Pre-theater dinnerDallasDinahDined on 8/8/2014We enjoyed dinner at Momo's before a performance at a nearby theater. The staff were friendly and our server was great! One diner had the porterhouse that was perfectly grilled and stuffed w/prosciutto and cheese; he said it was very good. The pasta dish was good, according to the other diner. My broiled trout siciliana was a little dry (as broiled lean fish can be,) but all the vegetables and light, garlicky sauce over it were delicious and added moisture without being heavy. We were seated, served and finished in time for the show. Want to go back when we can eat more leisurely and enjoy some wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 175 reviews are from the Momo's Pasta Dallas reviews archive.
- Good Experience for the PriceLBIIIDined on 7/10/2014Not a lot of customers when we dined but the experience was very nice. The attention to detail and the service we received were outstanding. The entrees were reasonable in size and bursting with flavor. Overall, good experience for the price.Special Features:
- Delicious Late-Night PastaCM296Dined on 7/5/2014Found Momo's while looking for Italian places near me that were open late night (Momo's is open until 11pm everyday except Sunday). It's tucked away in the Quadrangle with a very nice quiet patio, and I liked the immediate service upon walking in. The waiters were attentive, helpful, and quick, and the whole dining experience was very authentic Italian. The tomato sauce was not too sweet, and the homemade pasta was absolutely delicious. We ordered the CONCHIGLIE a MODO MIO, MACCHERONI alla VESUVIANA and the POLLO alla MARCHIGIANA special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful ExperienceMortgagemasterVIPDined on 6/23/2014We had a great time at Momo's. We enjoy dining out when the rest of the world is not. The Monday special is half off on bottles of wine up to $50 and they have a nice selection. We enjoyed a higher-end wine (Jordan Cab) at 30% off and it was a wonderful find, and served at the right temperature (not "Dallas room temp"). The food and service were exquisite and overall this represents a good value with interesting Italian food, nothing Americanized about it. We live nearby and will be back often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- radicalinDradicalinDVIPDined on 6/22/2014We had a group of ten and everyone was very happy with the fantastic food and service.Special Features:
- Family dinnerLB624Dined on 6/20/2014My family enjoyed a dinner here, although there weren't many other diners. Good food and wine, attentive service.
- GmanVIPDined on 6/16/2014A wonderful spot for an enjoyable lunch. Excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Brunch!PatzmarVIPDined on 6/15/2014Great menu! Best food! We love to go after church!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More Momo's Please!jamiesqDined on 6/13/2014I took my dad to dinner for Father's Day and when he told me he was craving Italian, we decided to try out Momo's. I'm happy to say it was a great choice! My dad and I loved our food, the service was very prompt and attentive, and we enjoyed a nice bottle of wine. I had the seafood pasta and my dad opted for the lobster ravioli but we couldn't resist stealing tastes from each others dishes. It was delicious! Thank you Momo's for helping me show my dad a great time for Father's Day; we'll definitely be back soon!Special Features:
- Real ItalianElizabethVIPDined on 5/26/2014Oh thank heavens! This is lovely non corrupted Italian food. It is not over seasoned or over oiled or over served or over tomato-ish. This is fresh tasting, beautifully presented, and delicious Italian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good nuevo rustic italianOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/19/2014Great outdoor dining in an interior patio. Cozy seating and great bar inside. Nice wine list, excellent dishes. Don't miss the tiramisu for dessert.Special Features:
- Nono'sFoodieBDined on 5/16/2014The place smelled like the bathroom, they messed up my order and most of my group had a stomach ache the next day and I was violently ill. Would not recommend.Special Features:
- spaghettioscatyleaDined on 4/24/2014Don't bother. If you want to eat Italian and eat here you might as well open a can of spagettios and nuke it at home. It would probably taste better.
- thank you for the great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/16/2014friendly staff, great food, very authentic italian ambiente. Also a little present for my wifes birthday, thanks! If we are in dallas we will come back for sure.Special Features:
- Waste of moneyCLaritapeDined on 4/7/2014Went thinking I could have decent pasta. Big disappointment. Will not go back and would not recommend it.
- Good Italian faresmars17VIPDined on 4/4/2014Great pasta, delicious appetizers, and wonderful salads. Liked the variety and was able to get a complete Italian meal with a starter, salad, pasta, pizza, and entree course to share between three people at a reasonable price. Would definitely recommend getting one or more pastas for the table. Overall a nice dining experience and will certainly visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Momo's maybemtdicksonVIPDined on 4/2/2014We came of lunch and everyone seemed to enjoy their meals. Two of us had salmon and fresh veggies, two had pastas, one had chicken. The chicken came out tepid, but when the waiter was notified, he quickly fixed it and then gave us a tiramasu on the house. They seemed a little understaffed for the lunch run so that might have accounted for the chicken cooling so quickly. I would probably try Momo's again.Special Features:
- Kind of disappointingRichardVIPDined on 3/19/2014Saw a number of favorable reviews and decided to go. The restaurant is located in a central downtown dallas location that looks like it has been rehabilitated, but it is DEAD (no people). I had been to this restaurant about 18 months ago for lunch, as I remembered when arrived..I remembered the lunch as pretty good. Things were slow in the restaurant, as was the speed between courses. I had the seafood pasta in a tomato sauce and it was very pedestrian. I eat in Italy, and I know to make a USA adjustment, but below par even after the adjustment. The evening was OK, but if you are in downtown Dallas there are better places to spend money.
- Pre Theater dinnerDadwithteenagersVIPDined on 3/14/2014We had theater tickets at Theater Three and enjoyed great salads, and seafood and the chicken dishes.Special Features:
- Service was a bit slow andOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/8/2014Service was a bit slow and this was the second time at this restaurant where there where language barriers with the server. The server also had to come back to the table to confirm the order and still it was questionable as to weather the order was taken down correctly. The manager however was very helpful.Special Features:
- Better than KnoxPrivateDinerDined on 3/5/2014I was sad to see this restaurant leave Knox Henderson area but this location is even better. It's a larger restaurant and quieter. Food is superb with lots of variety. They should serve better bread. Something bulky and earthy. The bread didn't hold up to the wonderful pasta and tomato sauce. Otherwise nearly perfect. I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Daughter's Birthday DinnerDadwithteenagersVIPDined on 2/28/2014We had a large group for my daughter's birthday. The Salmon special was incredible. The fresh pasta dishes and chicken breast in a sherry sauce were excellent. The pizzas were loved by all ages.Special Features:
- Great meal before the theatersweettalktxDined on 2/28/2014Best pasta I've had in a while. In fact, I keep thinking about it afterwards. Restaurant decor was appealing and appropriately lit. Service was very courteous. We were seated immediately and good came out quickly; however, we had to wait too long to get out check and then again to pay. Making up for that was the discount we received because we were headed to the theater afterwards. Will definitely be back to Momo's!!Special Features:
- Enjoyed ourselvesMommapokesDined on 2/22/2014We had a very nice relaxing birthday dinner for six. The food was very good, the service was just right and finally a restaurant that the music wasn't so loud you couldn't hear others at your table. All in all we truly enjoyed ourselves. This was our first time, but it will not be our last.I would recommend this to a friend.
- the food was very good- Inew2dallasDined on 2/15/2014the food was very good- I had the Momo salad and mussels as I wasnt very hungry and my companion had the spaghetti bologanse which he said was better than what one usually gets plus it was a huge portionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.