MoMo West Village
152 West 10th St.
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
MoMo West Village
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.momowestvillage.com/
- Phone: 2124889000
- Hours of Operation:
Mon - Sun 1pm to 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Wine Bar, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Tom Martini
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Background music. During early hours the music is quiet to moderate, as the night progresses it gets energetic.
A word from MoMo West Village
Boutique Italian-Mediterranean restaurant - wine barContinued
Charming and cozy atmosphere.
Private parties welcome.
Charming and cozy atmosphere.
Private parties welcome.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
MoMo West Village reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (13)romantic (9)fit for foodies (7)late-night find (3)special occasion (2)notable wine list (2)hot spot (1)scenic view (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- great food bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/19/2014fantastic food. small quaint place. We were the only people in the place and the waitress was horrendous!!!!! We had to call her over for bread on the table, again to take our wine order, again to order food. We asked for a second bottle of wine...it never came! WE WERE THE ONLY GUESTS IN THE PLACE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely corner restaurantSTLdinerDined on 10/11/2014My daughter and I had an early dinner following a long day touring the area around NYU and Washington Square. It's a small restaurant with lots of charm and perfect respite for our day. We ordered the shrimp and avocado bruschetta per the waitresses recommendation and it did not disappoint. It was delicious. My daughter ordered a salad (she's not a big foodie) but was very happy with it and I ordered the steak with chimichurri and it too was delicious. We skipped dessert and walked to get a cupcake for my daughter although I spied a couple of desserts at the restaurant I would have liked to try.Special Features:
- Casual SophisticationJazzFanDined on 10/2/2014Arrived early for a quick meal prior to a set at a nearby jazz club. Our party of four (3 with dietary restrictions) all found something to like on the menu. Three sandwiches, one sea bass. All were very pleased, with a minor comment that the sauce for the bass (served as requested on the side) wasn't quite up to the excellent quality of the fillet. A small quibble, easily remedied: The table knives aren't serrated. The sesame bread on two of our Croque sandwiches was delicious but quite crusty. Requested steak knives and tucked into 'em. The steak sandwich was excellent and very tender. I'm a beer person but the wine aficionado in our group was pleased with the variety of the list, and his selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good vibeNYerVIPDined on 9/30/2014Very small restaurant, so I doubt you could go without a rsvp. Had a positive vibe and good neighborhood feel. Good food. Service was a little spotty--forgot to bring dessert menu, forgot to bring water, etc., but waitress was very nice and friendly. I'd definitely go back regardless.Special Features:
- Cute but TinyKrisDined on 9/26/2014The restaurant was small, but quaint. They were playing old school Italian-American music and movies. I had the rigatoni which wasn't cooked as thoroughly as I would have liked and was just mediocre. They don't provide bread before the meal. I also drank the Malbec, which was good.Special Features:
- mo-mo is so-soWoodsidepastaDined on 9/12/2014Mo-mo is an unremarakble for it's food & decor. It is however well located in the west village & the wait staff was efficient. We found the menu to be very limited, very heavy on carb items, not much plant based excpet for salads. They did not have the first 2 wines we requested by the glass. The crab cake was tasty but on the greasy side & the eggplant parmesian seemed to be smothered in sliced mozzarella.
- A Greenwhich Village GemClaibournDined on 9/11/2014Tucked away on the corner of a scenic tree lined street in one of my favorite neighborhoods, Momo is the perfect intimate dining venue for those who appreciate small portions with a flavor punch! The ambience is divine and the staff is attentive and very friendly. A great place to dine for two or go on a romantic date!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Intimate Resraurantjec2Dined on 9/10/2014Everything we ate was delicious. It was a perfect spot for a romantic date night.Special Features:
- Ok but I don't get the hypejknycDined on 8/28/2014The lasagna was delicious. Would pass on the rigatoni. Not sure about the hype, all in all! Was very loud.Special Features:
- Great little italianJudeDined on 8/22/2014Amazing food! I had a date night with my husband there and it was perfect, romantic and beautiful food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Autumnfriday1VIPDined on 8/16/2014Good menu and choices, lovely neighborhood spot. Will returnSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/3/2014cute place, was hoping food would be better. wine list was too limited, needs more quality choices.Special Features:
- Wonderful neighborhood placeEllimaiVIPDined on 8/2/2014When we came in we were astonished at how small this was but it made for an intimate evening. The service was great, the food delicious. The portions fresh and ample . We had a great time. We were also 3 couples and there was no problem with anything. Definitely will come again.Special Features:
- New York City GemMcstumpDined on 7/19/2014Great little (really) restaurant. Food was outstanding. Never had fresher asparagus. Bronzino was terrific. Overall a great experience. A must go!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 66 reviews are from the MoMo West Village reviews archive.
- Great food, cozy placeFeliciaVIPDined on 5/4/2014It's a small place so not great for groups. We had a reservation for 7pm but one of us was running late and they were okay with moving the reservation to 7:30. They have a good selection of wines which went well with the food. We had the meat and cheese platter for appetizers and the classic Italian meatball and spaghetti which was so good and so worth the calories. The waitress/bartender was very attentive. The place is good for dates or quiet dinners with a few friends.Special Features:
- DisappointedfoodeholicVIPDined on 5/1/2014Went here based on the Reviews, but found it MUCH too small and loud, not particularly attractive and with food only slightly above average. Service was outstanding, but unfortunately could not make up for everything else. It was so bad that we went somewhere else for dessert and coffee.
- Lovely Italian Kitchen & Wine BarStephUDined on 4/16/2014MoMo is certainly a neighborhood gem. This quaint and cozy corner kitchen is the perfect place for a date, a relaxing girls night, or a quiet night out with a small group of friends. I love the Eggplant Parmigiana and of course all of the wine options. The MoMo staff is attentive and pricing is very reasonable. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little spot!AJTTVIPDined on 4/12/2014Intimate, small and perfect for our Saturday night dinner. Kept us waiting for our 8pm reservation, which was expected upon walking in to see only 4 tables set up (they're likely set up for several 2-tops or only 3 or 4 large parties.) Didn't matter to us, we sat at the bar and the bartender treated us to drinks which was extremely nice of her. Great service overall throughout the evening and the food was great! Appetizers large enough for the 4 of us to share and a nice wine list. Great spot, great location on a corner in the west village, so good views of the neighborhood, just make a reservation since it's so tiny!Special Features:
- Momo So-soFeedMeVIPDined on 4/10/2014Some nice dishes on the smallish menu. Very small space and very good pasta.Special Features:
- Lovely intimate Village restaurantKKNYCVIPDined on 3/26/2014A real gem. Small & intimate. So many restaurants in the Village, but not many that are as warm, intimate and welcoming. Very good food, limited menu, beer and wine only.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Village gemManhattan1VIPDined on 3/8/2014Dinner for two was an absolute treat. Tiny little restaurant in the Village, cozy, intimate setting (maybe seats 20+). Takes you back to the old days. Great pasta - best spaghetti and meat balls I've had in quite awhile! Ample salads, and priced just right. Service was very attentive. Overall a very satisfying dinner experience and I will definitely return when next in the Village.Special Features:
- Charming little placeLove2GotorestaurantsVIPDined on 3/7/2014Went to celebrate my birthday with my family. Love the location-heart of the west village. Very cozy inside, very small..Food was EXCELLENT! Had a bunch of appetizers for table to start and everything was yummy. Then everyone had something different and all was delicious. Service was uneven-started out weird. we didn't like our table, so we asked to have the other empty table for 5 people. they seemed annoyed, but we switched anyway and were much happier. once we settled in, they were friendlier. A little lax on filling water glasses, etc, but then were really sweet when it came to my birthday dessert.. Seemed almost like they were short handed, because i read there are two men owners, but only saw two young girls the whole time..Special Features:
- CharmingCantStopEatingDined on 3/1/2014We were there on a Saturday evening and it was mostly empty. Not sure why - the food was delicious and the atmosphere quiet and cozy. Thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience and will definitely return.Special Features:
- Super cozy with yummy food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2014I had dinner here with a friend from out of town and we enjoyed it immensely! Everything from the service, food, wine to the atmosphere was perfect. The cheese & meat platter was delish and the argentine skirt steak was tender and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great findPeterKDined on 2/23/2014My wife and I absolutely loved MoMo. After a few mins we couldn't help but feeling right at home. The shrimp avocado bruschetta was to die for as was the sea bass. What a fun time. Will definitely be coming back.Special Features:
- MehDjd83nycVIPDined on 2/21/2014Servers seemed clueless. Food was okay. Not very memorable.Special Features:
- Great Service and Great FoodGhetDined on 2/15/2014I chose this little place for valentines day and it was a major hit. The food was great, as was the service and especially the ambiance. The tiny interior and low lighting was perfect for the occasion. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Valentine's SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014My boyfriend and I absolutely love MoMo's! It was our Valentine's dinner spot last year and we were more than excited to return - it is just a cozy and warm as we remembered. Definitely won't wait a year to return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for a glass, small biteSweetKidDined on 2/4/2014Skip the pasta (spaghetti a little tasteless and meatballs a little dry; lasagna salty) order from the app menu (shrimp avocado bruschetta is amazing) and have a glass on wine. Super cute small place with a nice vibe.Special Features:
- Great bday dinner!NYCnewbieDined on 1/30/2014I went to MoMo to celebrate my birthday with four friends. The staff was so kind and accommodating, they really made us feel special. The waitress found out we were celebrating and gave us a candle lit dessert on the house! The food was delicious, especially the shrimp bruschetta. The atmosphere was very warm and cozy. The champagne cocktails were great, as was the wine selection. Everyone agreed we have to go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small on Space, Big on TasteWilly50Dined on 1/27/2014This was my first visit to Mo Mo West Village. I must say that I was quite surprised to find such a small restaurant. I'm sure the lack of space is a problem on many occasions. However, we were very comfortable and enjoyed our evening. Of course, it was a Monday evening and we had an early reservation (6:15 p.m.). The food was excellent. We had a very nice waitress who recommended some of the courses to us which we thoroughly enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small and cozyKarolinaDined on 1/25/2014Of the 9 tables for two we probably got the least appealing one (at the bar on the trek to and from the kitchen and the restrooms) but we still enjoyed the atmosphere and the food a lot. We will return in the spring and make sure to reserve a table at the windows to allow for people watching - great corner views for that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was walking through GreenwichkpateVIPDined on 1/19/2014I was walking through Greenwich Village with four other people (one child), and we were looking for somewhere to eat. We stumbled upon the restaurant and decided to check it out. We are so happy that we did because we had a fabulous evening. We all truly enjoyed the food - every item from the sea bass to the fettucini to the beet salad was delicious. Matt was friendly, knowledgeable and attentive. The cozy setting was also lovely, and we look forward to coming back on our next visit to NYC. I would absolutely recommend the restaurant to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect quiet dinnerASCParkDined on 1/18/2014The place is amazing. Quite,friendly staff, great food, and affordable. Loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty good food and drinksTastaliciousDined on 1/15/2014Food and drinks were both good. Service was mostly good, if not a bit slow and non-responsive once the orders were taken. For example, I had to get up and go to the bar to get my water filled and get a napkin. The venue is small but very nice. Great atmosphere. The food was good overall - nothing wrong with it and in line with similar places. Not out of the world, but would definitely try their mushroom pasta again. Wine was really good, but they change a lot and they dont always have whats on the menu.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great New Years Eve SpotCTCarterDined on 12/31/2013MoMo is small and romantic, fitting in well with the neighborhood. Service was terrific as were our meals. Very reasonably priced wine and cocktail list. Bonus was their keeping their a la carte menu for New Years Eve and the glasses of champagne they gave to patrons to toast at midnight. Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Great little placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/16/2013You can have a conversation without raising your voice. The place is beautiful and the waiter/bartender is really nice. Just a wonderful little place.Special Features:
- Cute little spotOpenTable1VIPDined on 12/5/2013Great food, friendly service, good value, hip ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ladies nightgemFinderDined on 11/23/2013Went here for a ladies night with 5 friends. Food was excellent, ambiance was just what we were looking for. Small place, not more than 5 or 6 tables so it felt very intimate and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- momo's birthdaymomoDined on 11/9/2013What can I say about my restaurant :) -- this place is a hidden gem -- tucked away in the village, it's food, wine, ambiance and the people who work here are 5-stars all the ay around. It's a great place for a date, a birthday or just a dinner alone - at the bar with the wonderful staff. Thank you Matt, Alex and Andrej for yet another wonderful evening in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.