1522 12th Ave.
Seattle, WA 98122Neighborhood:
Capitol Hill / First Hill
JapanesePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.momijiseattle.com/
- Phone: 2064574068
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:30pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Executive Chef: Chris Vilayphanh
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Catering available upon request.
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate from 10 people up to 50 people. We have a private back dining area that can hold up to 50 people.
- Private Party Contact: Vira 2064574068
A word from Momiji Restaurant
Momiji is a hand-crafted Japanese restaurant located in Seattle's Capitol Hill neighborhood. Our menu features sushi, omakase and other traditional Japanese foods prepared from great Northwest ingredients. Our courtyard will be an oasis in the bustling neighborhood.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Momiji Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (52)neighborhood gem (44)special occasion (38)romantic (30)good for groups (27)hot spot (27)vibrant bar scene (14)great for outdoor dining (12)late-night find (10)scenic view (6)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/20/2014This is our 3 rd time at Momiji. We had hoped that after some time that the service would improve. Unfortunately that was not the case. The food and sushi are excellent. We enjoyed all of the dishes we ordered. However, the service was slow and a bit surly at times. This shouldn't be the case when spending $400 for a meal.
- Amazing food, neat spaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014This small yet surprisingly vibrant location is perfect for a small group or date. The food is out of this world with a very lengthy list of sushi. With a full bar to pair your dinner, you are very likely to enjoy your stay. Split into three sections, they have a bar with a few tables up front, a medium sized tabled area with sushi prep bar for small group, and a very quiet back room separated by a glassed in Japanese garden looking up into the sky.Special Features:
- Good sushi, traditional feelTheDerricksDined on 9/27/2014Momiji had very good sushi and the ambiance was more on the traditional side than the modern/hip side. We arrived very early for our reservation and they were very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoudmlfmonkeyDined on 9/26/2014LOUD LOUD LOUD. Pretty restaurant. Terrible service. Sushi did not taste fresh and our waiter did not really understand about anything other than standard sushi.Dumped wrong food on table and then left so quickly we could not tell him the order was wrong. It's too bad it is so loud there because it's a very beautiful place that I'd go there despite all the other negatives.
- ExcellentilikefoodDined on 9/26/2014Having been to many sushi spots in Seattle, this is our favorite so far. Excellent food, superb service. Wine list leaves much to be desired, but that is the only negative. Great cocktails.Special Features:
- Love the food at momijiOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014We love the food at Momiji and the service! It is an amazing experience. The last time we went we sat in the area with the kitchen and it was soooo loud, we could not hear each other talk. This was unpleasant and hopefully momiji can fix this issue.Special Features:
- Great food and bad hostessCbflyDined on 9/19/2014I was super excited for sushi that night until I was greeted by the hostess. I made a reservation with open table for 930. I showed up at 9 just see if they had anything earlier. I told the hostess that I had a reservation for later and she was very rude. She didn't seem like she wanted to work there. I really didn't want to eat there after that but I was so hungry! We put our name on this list to be seated. The food was amazing. It was fast and flavorful! The server was great as well. I'm happy with the overall experience however it would have been even better if the hostess was not rude.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good nightJackVIPDined on 9/19/2014We took a friend here for a birthday celebration and everything was great. The quality of the sushi was very good, and on balance, for this occasion, Momiji was the best choice because the atmosphere is nicer than other sushi restaurants in Seattle (nice Japanese garden). For the best sushi, it's still Tsukushinbo, but if atmosphere matters, it's hard to beat Momiji.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014Momiji is not in my neighborhood so I don't get to visit often, but when I do, they never fail to charm my socks off. I've been eating here two or three times a year for the past 3 years. Thank you for another sterling experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good sushi, nice ambiencedimpleDined on 9/9/2014I always have a good experience at Momiji. Food, ambience, the small garden in the middle of the restaurant are so nice. Mr. Perfect is one of my favorite rolls. But I found a new favorite this time - Casanova :). I have been to Japan and still come here for sushi so that should speak something food the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Sake PairingsSignoraDDined on 9/1/2014We love the food although the specialty rolls were pricey, lovely courtyard, great service. Great place to eat the out of the ordinary sushi.Special Features:
- Great sushi on Cap Hill!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Good rolls. Very nice setting for a classy or casual dinner!Special Features:
- Nice atmosphereJackVIPDined on 8/22/2014The atmosphere is excellent. Sit by the Japanese garden if possible. The sushi is very good--not the best in Seattle--but very good, and if atmosphere matters, then it should be a top choice. A little noisy the closer you get to the bar.Special Features:
- high marks all aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014the food was good. The service was awesome. The ambiance was really really nice. But the nice furniture kind of made an echo so it was loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not great.ClaireVIPDined on 8/14/2014Good food - enjoyed the california crunch and the 007. The waiter wasn't the friendliest, seemed annoyed to be there, but it was fine. Free edamame was nice, considering most places you have to pay for it. Biggest issue I have with this place is they don't offer brown rice. My friend and I stayed and talked for a good 20 minutes after we paid the bill, and weren't rushed out, which was appreciated.Special Features:
- Good sushi, great ambiance!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/12/2014My husband, 2 year old son, and I celebrated here recently and the staff was very accommodating to our 2 year old even though it was clearly not a kid restaurant. The sushi was very fresh and there was a myriad of choices for specialty rolls. The gyoza seemed a bit charred and the rolls were a bit loose, but overall it was tasty. The venue is really beautiful and I would give it another try. They give you free edamame as an amuse as well!Special Features:
- Great SushiWineanddinemeDined on 8/8/2014Love the sushi here. Best king crab soup I've had in a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Catch-Up Friend DateSushifordaysDined on 8/4/2014Chose Momiji because I hadn't been there in a while and both my friend and I wanted sushi. Made a reservation and we were seated right away. The food was great -- beet salad came out in a timely manner (though the server mentioned that it usually takes some extra time) and the miso soup was great. Sushi (rolls, sashimi, and sushi) were all fantastic and fresh... and the rolls were great, different combinations. Will be back!Special Features:
- Very Fresh sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/1/2014The food was excellent at Momiji and we will definitely return. Very creative rolls and the service was prompt.
- Amazing!smallbearDined on 8/1/2014We booked a last-minute reservation for our anniversary. Not only did they get us a great table, but the food was incredible (honestly the best sushi I have ever had,) and they surprised us with a happy anniversary dessert at the end! Momiji is a gem of a restaurant and I can't wait to go back there.Special Features:
- Fabulous Sushi and SashimiOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/29/2014The salmon was thick cut and to die for. Fun d different rolls; bacon wrapped quail eggs - just yumSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High & Low PointslynnyDined on 7/21/2014There was an extensive menu and it all sounded great on paper. We ordered 3 rolls:Pine St Roll (a special), Casino Royale, and the Cruncy Seattle. The latter 2 were really bland and very disappointing. The waiter wasn't very friendly or attentive. Unique drinks and very tasty, but overpriced based on size, alcohol content, and too much ice. Really nice ambience-looks like a plain warehouse on the outside and just a small bar when approaching, but it's quite large with a small outdoor area and garden. May give it a second chance, but there are better sushi places in Seattle.Special Features:
- Excellent foodAdesttlVIPDined on 7/18/2014The food and presentation was excellent. The inside area is really beautifulSpecial Features:
- Best place on Cap Hillfromkula2daworldDined on 7/14/2014We found Momiji by accident, just happened to find parking in front when going to the juice place across the street, and are we glad we did. There was so much space behind the front room, I was amazed at what a pretty space it is back there. We enjoyed multiple courses, and loved our rolls, the short rib, and spicy king crab apps. Our drinks were super tasty, one from the shochu menu, and one tequila and pepper cocktail that had a nice kick. Our server, Hans, was attentive, quick, and witty, and we couldn't have enjoyed our experience more. A must if you're in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousDEBfromSTCDined on 7/6/2014Best sushi we've ever eaten! Wish you had a location in Chicago!Special Features:
- Great FoodLuv2EatDined on 7/5/2014Lots of options - especially the variety of sushi roll types (an unusually high number of which are on the spicy side). Lovely ambience - all tables have a view of an inner courtyard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Japanese restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2014Food was great, service was excellent, indoor view of enclosed Japanese garden coolest part of the restaurant.Special Features:
- First visitWhattoEATDined on 6/25/2014Was my first visit to this restaurant , I like their rolls . The short ribs were disappointing though , the meat was tough n over cooked but overall the service n food were acceptable . Will visit again .Special Features:
- The following 263 reviews are from the Momiji Restaurant reviews archive.
- Momijii Quite WonderfuljuliegDined on 6/21/2014This is a wonderful restaurant....the only problem is that it is too noisy. I am sure that is a common complaint these days with Baby Boomers, but it was necessary to really work at one's lip-reading skills. One table close by was just unremittlingly loud, loud, loud. The service was excellent, the food was delicious, and we will return in spite of the noise.Special Features:
- lovethefoodDined on 6/16/2014We love the food at your restaurant as well as how pleasant and cordial the staff is. We really appreciate how nice and willing your staff is to always make accommodations and great food recommendations. Everything on your menu is delectable and inviting. The portions are generous and always beautifully presented especially the sushi rolls, e.g. street fighter hotties we love the shrimp and vegetable tempura and the short ribs are fantastic!Special Features:
- Consistently great sushiMamnoonFanDined on 6/6/2014Momiji has beautiful, creative rolls, and the quality of the fish is fantastic. We were lucky to be there when they had some white king, and the sashimi was great. The cocktails are solid, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sushi!JaDeGirL01Dined on 6/5/2014First of all, the restaurant is deceivingly larger than it appears. There's a back room, plus a zen garden that separates the two dining areas. My friend ordered a few nigiri and a spider roll. After that she went with the salmon tasting. I wanted the omakase ($35, $50, etc) but they had a special one called Ozen that was $45 that came with some small dishes in addition to sashimi. It was a lovely bento meal and I loved it all. We were both really happy with our meals and she vowed to return with her mom in the near future. The service was great and the ambiance was a little on the loud side since it was busy. It's a good thing we made reservations! Parking is on the street so you may need to plan accordingly.Special Features:
- Fresh pretty and delishGemini2Dined on 5/31/2014The rolls were cut nice and thin and looked gorgeous on the plate. The fresh sheet gave details on origin of the fish and method of harvest. The space is well decorated with an open air section in the middle. Tastefully done, with wood and paper as a key.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sushi is NOT goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/21/2014I eat sushi a lot. All show, no substance. The sushi is not even mediocre. I can't believe how overpriced this low quality sushi is. The sell is "fancy rolls" for a ridiculous price.
- Good Food but bring your ear plugsSkyPadCriticVIPDined on 5/16/2014I love restaurants that are alive with lively, fun and energetic conversation. But, when it gets to the point of needing to yell at your dinner companion across the table, just to be heard, it's not fun. I'm not too sure what to recommend here. The materials used in the restaurant are well put together, and give the place a cutting edge appearance that looks great. They also do an excellent job of reflecting noise. Perhaps a more strategic placement of large groups could help the situation. My next trip back will only be on the condition of a quieter table.Special Features:
- Capital Hill GemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2014This restaurant was awesome! Had a business partner that was coming in town and I was looking for a restaurant in the Capital Hill area with great food but not quite looking for a bar like restaurant. This was my first time and I would recommend it to anyone. The food was exceptional and the service was fast, and friendly. You can't go wrong with this place and if you're looking for somewhere different in Seattle either to go if you live here or to take visitors then you'll be happy either way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/26/2014The food is great here and one of the best values on the hill!! Very cool atmosphere too.
- Hands down amazing!SeattleAshDined on 4/12/2014We went because I had heard this restaurant was amazing... And it really really was! We could not believe the quality of the food, the location is perfect and we cannot wait to go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & serviceBrettVIPDined on 4/10/2014We love this place. Great food and beverage selection. Always great service with a smile. We keep coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Sushi and Japanese food!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/1/2014We enjoyed a wonderful dinner including a variety of sushi, calamari, sashimi and agedashi tofu. Service is attentive and exceptional !!! This is one of our favorite restaurants. The only negative is that parking is tough to find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.