1522 12th Ave.
Seattle, WA 98122Neighborhood:
Capitol Hill / First Hill
JapanesePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.momijiseattle.com/
- Phone: (206) 457-4068
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:30pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Executive Chef: Chris Vilayphanh
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Catering available upon request.
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate from 10 people up to 50 people. We have a private back dining area that can hold up to 50 people.
- Private Party Contact: Vira 2064574068
A word from Momiji Restaurant
Momiji is a hand-crafted Japanese restaurant located in Seattle's Capitol Hill neighborhood. Our menu features sushi, omakase and other traditional Japanese foods prepared from great Northwest ingredients. Our courtyard will be an oasis in the bustling neighborhood.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Momiji Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (52)neighborhood gem (51)special occasion (34)hot spot (32)romantic (28)good for groups (26)vibrant bar scene (14)late-night find (8)great for outdoor dining (6)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (3)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Delicious and innovative JapaneseOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/24/2012Delicious and innovative Japanese cuisine. The service was excellent...attentive and helpful, but we did not feel as though we were being rushed to make room for the next guest. The decor is warm and serene, yet hip and lively. The prices were reasonable as well!Special Features:
- SusanOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/17/2012Wonderful and innovative. Some of the best Sushi in Seattle. Beautiful interior and fantastic service. The noise level is terrible. We could not hear each other to have a conversation. We couldn't hear the waitress tell us the about the menu. Too bad because it did effect our experience. We will return. But wish it had better acoustics.Special Features:
- This place had an amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/15/2012This place had an amazing atmosphere, but the food I ordered was only mediocre. It may have just been what I ordered, because my friends have told me that they have had some amazing dishes. I would recommend to others.Special Features:
- We enjoyed the food and artisticallOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/15/2012We enjoyed the food and artistically designed interior of the restaurant. I particularly liked the unique lighting on the wall. View of the courtyard Japanese garden was excellent. I look forward to seeing the garden matures. Service was quick and very friendly.Special Features:
- This place is really great;OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/13/2012This place is really great; the ambiance and the service are fantastic. The food is truly fabulous; it would be even better with more vegetarian choices.Special Features:
- Good Japanese food, nice space,gourmandrewVIPDined on 3/6/2012Good Japanese food, nice space, super hard to find parking.
- Beautifully decorated likemarchijackDined on 3/2/2012Beautifully decorated like it's sister eateries however a little more glam. Loved the selection of tofu, the portion sizes were huge. However, the fresh sheet and the regular menu almost mirror image of ummis.Special Features:
- Food is awesome. Service canRobbertVIPDined on 3/2/2012Food is awesome. Service can be hit or miss. The wait staff is either really friendly and helpful with the menu, or they have a "couldn't be bothered" attitude. Unfortunately, my experience this time was with the latter. However, the restaurant is a gem in Capitol Hill. A must go!Special Features:
- We had a great meal. The grilledOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/2/2012We had a great meal. The grilled mushrooms were a highlight. The sautéed calamari was also delicious. There is much more on the menu than the usual sushi offerings. The list of rolls is impressive. My only question, does anyone make sushi with brown rice? Lovely setting overlooking an inner courtyard. The natural wood on the walls and low lighting made for a soothing and romantic atmosphere.Special Features:
- Excellent Sushi and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/28/2012Our wait staff was excellent and the service was great. They were also kind enough to change my dinner seating to 4 instead of just 3 people so I was very happy that they were able to accomodate us with such short notice. All in all my group of friends and I enjoyed our delicious meal and service. Thank you Momiji. I will definitely return to this restaurant and will recommend it to my friends.Special Features:
- Went there with a group ofOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/25/2012Went there with a group of 6 for dinner. It was fantastic. Food was excellent. Best Sushi I have had in Seattle.Special Features:
- Overall, a nice experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/25/2012Overall, a nice experience. Space is very cool. Nice happy hour specials. Sushi was good but not spectacular. Would definitely go again for happy hour.
- Food atmosphere was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/19/2012Food atmosphere was great! Fun place to dine! Will go back - it will be a regular on my list of favorites.Special Features:
- Momiji is among my favoriteseatarved79Dined on 2/18/2012Momiji was fantastic! The food was stellar with a wide variety of rolls, nigiri, and sashimi, in addition to other noodle dishes and small plates. The variety of the food was definitely well matched with the variety of the cocktails. I had the Walking Dead and recommend it to anyone who loves rum. Be sure to make a reservation ahead of time, because the place was packed -- and rightfully so!Special Features:
- I would highly recommend thisOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/18/2012I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who is willing to pay a bit more for more than a bit more quality of food and ambiance. The service was attentive but not too formal, and the variety of selections from the menu promotes sharing of dishes, which is something we love to do. I would be remiss not to mention the Happy Hour menu (in effect from 4:30 - 6:00 p.m.), which includes several items you would typically order from the regular menu, but that are offered at a very attractive price reduction (not just $1 off, like other places). I believe this could be seen as a great negihborhood place, but would also work for a special occasion spot. The offerings may be familiar (in name) but done in their own unique way.Special Features:
- We had dinner on a FridayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/17/2012We had dinner on a Friday night and really enjoyed everything about this place!!! I would recommend the 4 kings roll. It is the most expensive roll but sure is the best!!! The fish is amazing and fresh. I would strongly recommend making reservations for the weekends.Special Features:
- Always a great time. InnovativeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/16/2012Always a great time. Innovative sushi creations in a great atmosphere. The menu is extensive, and with creative chefs that will design anything you want, nothing is off the table. Great addition to the neighborhood.Special Features:
- I love this restaurant andOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/14/2012I love this restaurant and can always find a good excuse to go - for happy hour, birthdays, or just a night out!Special Features:
- Excellent meal and beautifulOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/11/2012Excellent meal and beautiful restaurant. Overwhelming menu without help but wait staff excellent. Great sake too. Very loud at times.Special Features:
- Finally there is good sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/10/2012Finally there is good sushi on capital hill. I was never a big fan of ume sake house, but i swear the quality of fish and the dishes in general is much higher at momiji. their sashimi is some of the best you'll find in all of seattle, let alone the hill.Special Features:
- Amazing place! We made reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/27/2012Amazing place! We made reservations, which was smart since the place was packed early on a Friday night! The ambiance is incredible! Beautiful building and layout, with the traditional Japanese garden as a spectacular setting. And the food and drinks were outstanding. I'd recommend this to anyone who enjoys Japanese food and excellent service.
- This is my third time at momiji.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/26/2012This is my third time at momiji. I've loved umi for years, so it was a no brainer to head to the new restaurant on Capitol hill. The sushi was all wonderful and the sake list, long, just the way I like it. Our server was very nice and helpful when recommending drinks to share with a large group.Special Features:
- The food was "ok." NothingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/21/2012The food was "ok." Nothing noteworthy. There is far better sushi in Seattle. Too bad the food didn't live up to the hype. It is a cool space.Special Features:
- The sushi at Momiji is amazing.TrinaDined on 1/20/2012The sushi at Momiji is amazing. I am a bit of a sushi snob and I rate Momiji up with the cities top Japanese restaurants for quality and taste. Good Happy Hour menu too but don't skip the fresh sheet or the crazy rolls.Special Features:
- Loved the ambiance...the restaurantmel2VIPDined on 1/16/2012Loved the ambiance...the restaurant is really beautiful. Great sake list and a huge menu. I think that you have to eat there several times to really experience the wide variety of food that is offered. I would recommend the rolls above everything else. The yaki soba is not very good but the pork shoulder is terrific.Special Features:
- Absolutely excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/14/2012Absolutely excellent service and staff. Incredibly attentive and observant. Great recommendation for lounging and relaxing with loved ones. Selection of food was phenomenalSpecial Features:
- They had a great review inOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/14/2012They had a great review in the times and it did not disappoint. Food was amazing and atmosphere was comfortable and fun.Special Features:
- Bad Service, OK RollsOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 1/12/2012Be prepared for bad service. We waited 45 minutes to get a drink at our table on a Thursday night. Apparently this place hasn't figured out how to staff appropriately. Our server referred to a "computer glitch" at the bar after she forgot our drink order. Food finally arrived 15 minutes after that. Rolls were good, not great, and not much for a vegetarian to choose from - Wasabi Bistro in Belltown has better rolls and more vegetarian options.
- I really want to love Momiji.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/6/2012I really want to love Momiji. The food is delicious and the decor is beautiful, but the rooms are just way too loud and the service is terrible. It appears that there are only a handful of servers at this large restaurant, and they simply can't provide decent service working at that capacity. It takes forever to get an initial interaction with a server, then ages to get your drinks, and if you don't order everything at once there's no telling when you'll see your server again to order the next course. And it's clearly not the server's fault, as they appear to be constantly running at full speed. I really hope Momiji hires some more people, because I can't recommend it as it is now.Special Features:
- Been here twice. Seems toOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/26/2011Been here twice. Seems to take really long to get drink orders filled. Sort of an annoying way to start off a meal - waiting for your drinks. Otherwise I think this place is great. They did a really great job with the space.Special Features:
- 60 diffferent types of sushiFrankDined on 12/18/201160 diffferent types of sushi rolls. The special rolls are huge - about 9 pieces. Teir strandard rolls are the usual 6 pieces. Very fesh. Probably the best uni I've ever had!Special Features:
- Shashim was very fresh - theOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/16/2011Shashim was very fresh - the geo duck was awesome. Ordering was hard due to the number of choices - all tempting and well described. Ended up picking a couple of rolls from the specials list and weren't disappointed. Presentation was fantastic. Agedashi tofu was tasty: generous serving of tofu, light crisp golden shell and a mild dashi - the presentation was beautiful. Sake list was extensive - regret not sampling. Server was lots of fun, very welcoming and attentive. The restaurant is beautiful but the food easily draws attention back to the table.Special Features:
- Great service, great interiors,OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/10/2011Great service, great interiors, wide selection of choices on the menu make for hard decisions! All the dishes were tasty, we'll definitely be back. Hard benches in booths could easily take cushions for the flat-bottomed diner.Special Features:
- Fabulous happy hour dealsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/6/2011Fabulous happy hour deals and really unique sushi offerings.Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/1/2011Amazing- had no idea you could do that with sushi! Everything was delicious and surprisingly well priced. The service was gracious and helpful. Really have to return soon to try other menu items.
- Could have done without theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/23/2011Could have done without the noisy child, but that's not really something the restaurant can control.Special Features:
- The sushi was amazing. A bitCharlieDined on 11/19/2011The sushi was amazing. A bit pricey but for a special occasion it is great. The best Uni I have ever had!Special Features:
- Great Sushi on the Hill.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/18/2011Fan of Umi for years... This is a great new restaurant with much of the same charm. Capital Hill has needed a spot like this.Special Features:
- Finally Capital Hill has goodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/18/2011Finally Capital Hill has good sushi! Hip spot, worth making a date night.Special Features:
- Not the best sushi, very westernizeOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/12/2011Not the best sushi, very westernized and huge portions--would definitely stick to the traditional rolls. Service was moderate and a bit aloof. Beautiful build-out, and great drinks.Special Features: