233 S. Beverly Dr.
Beverly Hills, CA 90212Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.atmomed.com/
- Phone: (310) 270-4444
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm; Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Please note we do not take reservations for the patio
Breakfast & Brunch
Saturday & Sunday: 9:00am - 3:00pm
Please note we do not take reservations for the patio
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Mediterranean, Global, International
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Momed offers a variety of catering options. Please call the restaurant directly at 310.2704288 or email:
A word from Momed
Welcome to Momed, (pronounced mo-med.) short for Modern Mediterranean. Equal parts restaurant, deli, espresso bar and marketplace, Momed embraces the pure, simple flavors from the many countries that comprise the eastern Mediterranean region with a vibrant modern twist. Our goal is to use the finest ingredients available in order to present Mediterranean cuisine at it's best. Our passion for food, personalized service and a clean, modern aesthetic combines with centuries old tradition to bring you a taste you can savor at breakfast, lunch or dinner. From the arc of the Levant, from Athens to Marrakech, Istanbul to Jerusalem, Eastern Mediterranean cuisine is synonymous with a healthy diet and where possible, all our ingredients are locally produced, seasonal and organic.Momed is a place where old world leisure comfortably abides with new world convenience, so whether you drop in for a carry out or settle down for a feast you’ll be part of the bustle of a Mediterranea cafe.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMediterranean
Momed reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (18)great for outdoor dining (16)fit for foodies (15)good for groups (11)great for lunch (11)great for brunch (9)kid-friendly (6)hot spot (2)romantic (1)notable wine list (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Always a hit!HelpthoseinneedVIPDined on 11/15/2014I've been here countless times... The maharabba?? sp? a red spicy appetizer--is unique and lots better than hummus that you can find everywhere. They should serve ice water instead of just chilled water---and in larger glasses. The food is always good!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Middle Eastern!RBG76Dined on 11/6/2014Delicious Middle Eastern fare in casual but fresh and clean space. Amazing bread w cheese, spinach and mushrooms, phenomenal Chicken w Zatar and one of the best chocolate cakes I've had in a long time! Server was delightful too. I'd go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticLeslieDined on 10/14/2014Outstanding food and service. I love the vegetarian options. My husband loves both the lamb burger and the lamb kebobs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/6/2014Momed is always my top choice for dining when in LA. The food is consistently delicious and affordable while the staff is friendly and accommodating. They also offer BYOB for no corkage, which we recently discovered. Hands down, one of my favorite places to catch up with friends over great food and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual in Beverly HillsOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/4/2014Fantastic little neighborhood hotspot with a nice variety of Mediterranean cuisine and fantastic hospitality:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/30/2014Moderate priced dining, especially for Beverly Hills. Nice outdoor seating area. Good enough wine list. Tastefully prepared Mediterranean and Middle Eastern fare.Special Features:
- The following 80 reviews are from the Momed reviews archive.
- Clean and delicious foodMichaelVIPDined on 6/15/2014Everything on the menu, that I've tried, is tasty and well-prepared and seasoned. This is not like most menu's its thoughtful, creative and makes you want more. A True Find!!Special Features:
- Great food well presentedOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/14/2014Unfamiliar as I am with the restaurant scene in West LA, I went with a trusted cuisine and an interesting menu on the internet. I was more than satisfied by Momed. This place has awesome Middle Eastern food. Even my son who has just returned from two years in Qatar was impressed with the quality and variety. Clearly this is a neighborhood and an oasis frequented by a population familiar with the best of both East and West. This place is a find. The valet parking is apparently the rule all over and the street scene in Beverly Hills is classic. A great evening.Special Features:
- Good for lunch AND dinnerScubawifeDined on 5/17/2014We have had lunch/brunch here many times but finally went for dinner. The food at dinner is as good as the lunches. I especially liked the dips. Duck schwarma was very tasty as was the tagine husband had. Even the salmon was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just rightGromit4uDined on 3/23/2014Enjoyed all of our selections - we are vegetarian and we loved the choices available. Staff and service was friendly. Inside atmosphere is pleasant.Special Features:
- Fantastic food and ServiceKile333Dined on 3/1/2014It was our first time there, and the server gave us a full rundown of their menu and his favorite items (not a small menu, so he really took extra time to help us out). The food was delicious! Our only issue was that our drinks took almost 15 minutes and they weren't crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014I've been to momed twice now and the food is great, however the service is terrible! The waiters are very unfriendly and act like you are a burden to them. They act annoyed when they come over to your table. I got the wrong order at first and when I mentioned it the waiter signed and walked away no I'm so sorry or anything!
- Always a pleasure!Deb13VIPDined on 2/12/2014The food is always awesome and all of the servers are incredibly polite!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super EveningSnorkelalotDined on 2/10/2014Went to Momed to celebrate a special event with 5 other friends - food was superb. The short ribs were one of our favorites, along with the lamb kebab and duck shawarma. Service was excellent as we enjoyed a variety of special wines with our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good!!HelpthoseinneedVIPDined on 2/6/2014I often come here---nearby, great varied menu, and AWESOME wait staff!! Friendly and helpful. Nice desserts too---but I've never had one (watching my sugar)--but they look great. Lots more "real" than Urth Cafe down the street, and not crowded and no line like Urth... Much more varied menu too!Special Features:
- Momed--always good!HelpthoseinneedVIPDined on 2/1/2014Great staff, I go there often!! They have a red pepper hummus-like appetizer (mahabarabah, or similar)---which you should have instead of the hummus! They have nice desserts like Baklava--which I never try since I have willpower.... It's a LOT nicer than Urth Cafe down the street--but Urth is more a "cake and coffee" and wait in line place...Special Features:
- Slow Start but Overall WonderfulAnnieDined on 1/18/2014All around, my experience here was great. The food and servers were wonderful. They even accommodated my dogs for seating. However, I had made reservations long in advance and even then, my party had to wait 45 minutes to be seated. That part did not make me happy. But once seated, everything was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go momedhalfabraneDined on 12/31/2013This is our third time dining in momed. Momed has now become out favorite restaurant in LA.... Every time we drive down to LA we make sure to stop here and grab a bite. Their fig and arugula flatbread is out of the world, as are their appetizers like baleela and muamarra. The Turkish latte is fantastic, and we loved the rice pudding as well as the strawberry tiramisu. There is a wonderful selection of wines and beer to pair with food here, but what really sets Momed apart is not just their amazing menu but also the ambience, the ease with which the waiters accommodate us as well as the wonderful efficacy and friendliness with which they serve us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely LunchLauraLVIPDined on 12/29/2013Went for lunch on Sunday afternoon. Had the trio (pick three of the items from the cold case) they were fantastic! The wraps were pretty good, but next time I think the trio and one of the large salads will be a perfect lunch. Sat outside and met some nice people at the next table - really enjoyed it!
- It was a chilly night andfoodchowVIPDined on 12/4/2013It was a chilly night and the insisted on leaving the door open so a chilly breeze attacked tables close to the door. The food was all interesting -good but if we come back it will be for lunch because the room lacks the atmosphere we like at dinner. Interesting wine list. This place might be perfect for take out.
- A Blessed ReliefPurrfectPawsVIPDined on 11/14/2013Momed is exactly what it portends to be: a "neighborhood gem" with good food and service without all the pretense of the standard Beverly Hills eatery. We ordered the avacado hummus (a creamy guacamole) with pita bread that's so good we got an additional order. They arrive hot, two to an order, one wheat and one white. I had grilled shrimp on a bed of spinach that was very tasty...the side salad and cinimon rice were also delish. My husband had the lamb burger that was perfectly prepared. In all, it was a relief to relax there, have a glass of wine, eat a tasty meal and leave. We'll definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lil spot in BHDeidreVIPDined on 11/12/2013The food was really great, and the service was attentive and warm. I highly recommend their avocado hummus (WOW!!!) and duck schwarma. It's a nice casual Bev Hills spot that I will definitely dine at again.
- what happened to customer service?objectiveVIPDined on 11/1/2013The meal was a disappointment. I understand that flavors are very subjective but most everything was too salty. When the waiter asked us how the food was, towards the end of our meal, I explained that the mezzes were way too salty and I suggested that he taste them to determine whether they were saltier than usual. He never bothered to respond to my inquiry as I think he just did not want to deal with an unhappy customer. A good waiter (and restaurant) would have handled this situation differently. I liked the flavors of the meal but because it was so salty and because of the lack of a response from our waiter, I will never return. The over-salted food may have been a "one-off" but I'll never know because of waiter's lack of a response.
- Second time here. I broughtRodzillaVIPDined on 10/27/2013Second time here. I brought my family along. All were surprised by how great the food the food was. The presentation of the food is impecable. Can't wait to go back. Must try the momo potatoe!Special Features:
- Delicious and simpleTamarDined on 10/16/2013Nice atmosphere and good Mediterranean dishes. If you want something a little fancier than your classic Hummus and Pita joint, this is a good choice. Nice classic dishes, as well as some things with a nice twist. Decent service, and nice little outdoor patio facing the street.Special Features:
- New FindJessicaDined on 10/12/2013Surprisingly good, traditional Mediterranean food, with a new, more modern twist.Special Features:
- Enjoyed my dining experienceAnonymousDined on 9/22/2013Enjoyed my dining experience here very much. Interior is clean and sleek. Food is delicious with fresh ingredients and clean flavors. We had the Khachapouri (traditional morning flat bread) which was flavorful and filling. We also got the Salmon Benedict which was equally delicious. Enjoyed the safron hollandaise sauce - wasn't too lemony or buttery. The baklava bread pudding is something I could pass on next time. They do have other baked goods though in the back (cookies, baklava, etc) that looked scrumptious and freshly baked!Special Features:
- Truly a "neighborhood gem"!SoFi4meVIPDined on 8/19/2013The very best healthy Mediterranean menu anywhere! Never had a bad meal there and everyone we've taken has become a regular.The mushroom pide, chicken skewer and shrimp skewer are favorites and the sides are wonderful - especially the muhamarra. Also interesting wines. Truly love Momed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- clean fresh foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/4/2013The food at Momed is very delicious. Clean and fresh with the right amount of seasoning and not to much salt. Share the Tagine as it is very large. The Tagine was tasty but a bit watery. Overall a nice pick for a casual dinner or lunch out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have visited momed and theAbdulDined on 7/24/2013I have visited momed and the place was nice and comfortable. The service, and food was exlunt exept one thing I ordered a steak and I asked to be well done, but it servied medum well. I defenitly will go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot in Beverly HillsOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/17/2013Great location on Beverly. Fun atmosphere with fantastic outdoor seating and attentive wait staff. Good food and yummy, affordable wine. Perfect for lunch or a quick bite after work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nickeled and dimed ustrevisoDined on 7/13/2013I've been eating in Middle Eastern restaurants all my life, and this is the first time I was charged for extra pita. We were a group of four and when we asked for one additional pita, we were told that there's a charge of $1 for additional serving and we would get two of them. We were served one and a half! When asking the manager about the "half", he explained that this was a larger pita and that's why they cut it in half! I've never experienced such cheap and chinsey attitude. We decided to have dessert someplace else.Special Features:
- YUM!PhyllisVIPDined on 7/7/2013This was my first visit to Momed and I was very impressed. The food was unique and delicious. I love Mediterranean food---this is one of the best places in LA. The avocado hummus and the red pepper/pomegranate small salad was exceptional. I will go back!Special Features:
- For its type, I give it aOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/1/2013For its type, I give it a five star rating. It is a casual place. It's food is surpassing. I like Near and Miiddle-Eastern food; and this place does it better than any place I know. On Mondays they have a discount menu including half price Mezzas, that is, a sort of Lebonese Pizza, though that description is necessarily inadequate because it's not a Pizza, not a flatbread, but it's own indigenous thing, and delicious. The dough unique and just something else. Humus definitely superior. Service has always been friendly and attentive. Owner is cordial.Special Features:
- Kitchen blah, service goodNewMamaVIPDined on 6/22/2013Got my order wrong. Not service fault. Sent it back. Wait time so slow. Was there almost 1 h from time of arrival til remake came so asked for remake to go. Server apologized n comp my side dish of potatoes. Took food to go and ate at workplace. Leaky and greasy. Flavorful but for a burrito style egg dish, it leaked about 1/4+ cup of liquid.Special Features:
- Service lacked rhythm andGraciousDinerDined on 6/16/2013Service lacked rhythm and flow due to the non-existent leadership and servers with little experience and inadequate bus help. Don't get me wrong; All the individuals were very pleasant and sincere, but I was there mostly for food with Turkish ethnicity. I highly recommend their pides and sucuks, spicy Turkish peperoni yum... I can't wait to go back in the evening and try their Turkish wines and other mezez and appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- better for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/23/2013Went to Momed for lunch and had a great meal! Dinner was the same food just felt that it was a better lunch variety.Special Features:
- Middle East GemSnorkelalotDined on 5/16/2013MOMED has always proved a great place for an excellent meal. My Lamb dish was cooked to perfection, and seasoned with a Pomegranate marinade, which added a zesty addition to the plate. My grandnephew had the Baked Chicken with lemon that will I will try on my next visit to MOMED. We ended our meal with Chocolate Baklava, which was a pleasant variation on a classic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My husband and I had dinnerSoFi4meVIPDined on 4/27/2013My husband and I had dinner at Momed 3 times last week - twice with friends from out of town. Everyone loved the food and the ease of the place . Simple but charming and stylish in an under the radar kind of way. The mushroom pide was luscious! Salads are always top notch. The best casual restaurant on South Beverly!Special Features:
- Quality California style MediterranRushmoreVIPDined on 4/11/2013Quality California style Mediterranean cusine. comfortable, clean environment, with great service.Special Features: