MoMa Contemporary Bistro
8580 Cambie Rd.
Richmond, BC V6X 4J8Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: CAN$30 and under
MoMa Contemporary Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.momabistro.com/
- Phone: 6042760576x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, French
- Executive Chef: Chef Henry Mok & Chef Xin Mao
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from MoMa Contemporary Bistro
MoMa Contemporary Bistro is located in the heart of Richmond also known as the Golden Village. This area is well known for its Asian restaurants which makes MoMa one of the more unique restaurants serving traditional French and Italian fare with a slight Asian influence. We are dedicated to using the freshest ingredients including Ocean Wise approved seafood and supporting our local farmer's markets. MoMa is co-owned and run by two very talented and passionate chefs; Chef Henry Mok and Chef Xin Mao. The name MoMa is a combination of their last names and represents two chefs coming together and creating flavorful and refined dishes in a causal atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
MoMa Contemporary Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (7)neighborhood gem (6)good for groups (4)special occasion (3)romantic (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Good Food Amateur ServiceLraepVIPDined on 10/19/2014Food tasted good & plating was appealing. The mention of "food meant for sharing" on menu was quite unnecessary as choices were quite limited. Our friend didn't eat red meat nor carb & we found menu choices quite limited. We didn't want to stay longer for dessert as we found service was amateur to the point of annoying.
- unexpected in RichmondsundawnjoyVIPDined on 9/30/2014Don't expect French bistro in Richmond. Personally, I did not find entire menu "français" per daday, but did however enjoy all that we ordered. Would certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food in an unnoticeable spotfoodloversVIPDined on 9/21/2014Didn't realize there's such a nice place in almost the center of Richmond. Thanks to Open Table! The Crispy Pork Belly and the BC Sablefish are outstanding. Totally out of our surprise though the nice & pretty waitress has already highly recommended them to us. Our food was delicious and beautifully presented. Service was attentive. Wine are good but don't drink & drive! A very good spot that we will certainly return with others. Not many tables (other comments said 12 but I think I saw 11 only) so you'd better reserve your seats. Only thing is not much parking space as well so don't go in rush hours. I believe if and when they are full, the food serving will take a while but the night we went was fine.Special Features:
- Food is love, food is passionkeepitupDined on 8/17/2014Totally feel that passion from the food served. Front line staff requires a lot of training in order to justify the price paid. Food is delicious.Special Features:
- Warm evening outhansonlauDined on 7/2/2014We had a group of 15 and was comfortable seated in one long table. The food was great and service prompt. We would definitely come back again.Special Features:
- The following 7 reviews are from the MoMa Contemporary Bistro reviews archive.
- What a lovely little restaurant!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/6/2014What a lovely little restaurant!!! We were the only group in there so it was very quiet but the room had a nice feel to it It was bright and very clean. We were a little disappointed that the daily special (foie gras) had sold out but we found other dishes that made us happy. The pork belly and the octopus salad appetizers were amazing. Most of us had pasta for our mains and they were enjoyable. The staff were friendly and attentive. We would definitely go back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden gem in RichmondnicknameDined on 2/19/2014If you spend a lot of time in Richmond some time it is difficult to find a good restaurant that isn't of an Asian theme. These two talented chef's have combined their talents and offer a great alternative. Presentation, portions and flavour are all very good (and I am sure will continue to improve with time). Give it a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MoMa Contemporary Bistro doesn'tOptionsDined on 2/15/2014MoMa Contemporary Bistro doesn't look like much as you approach it as it has the appearance of a business park storefront. Once inside, the atmosphere is very pleasant with a modern decor, about 12 tables and a clear view of the hard work in the kitchen. The servers were prompt and polite, covering each others tables so you were never unattended for long. My wife had the duck breast which was beautifully presented, very flavorful, perhaps a tad chewy, but she enjoyed it very much. I had the Sable fish which was perfectly cooked and the cabbage and corn side was different and tasty. If you like a drink, try the gin Collins. Two entrees, a cocktail, two glasses of wine and a soft drink, 20% tip were about $95 in total. We liked it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They are no restaurantersJYSKDined on 2/13/2014absolutely poor/no parking; signs were erected on another address/premises; the waitress while pleasant had no idea about cuisine and how to serve; we were NOT offer any condiments or black peppers for my duck dish; after 15 minutes cheese cake still did not come; we cancelled it bottom line - the 2 chefs should have a proper manager to run the place; a big disappointments for us who drove miles to the place
- Loved the flavours, everythinggypsydrVIPDined on 2/9/2014Loved the flavours, everything was very creative and delicious. Will be back !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice eveningAbbycatDined on 12/24/2013we found this restaurant on Opentable and it sounded nice for our Christmas Eve dinner. We were not disappointed. The food was lovely,. They had a four course menu, which was perfect. The food was delicious, and, as I had let them know that one of our party had a shellfish allergy they replaced the prawn sauce on the butternut squash ravioli (which was divine!) with trout. The service was excellent, but not intrusive, and we had a really nice evening. If I lived in Richmond I would definitely go often. Next time I'm in town overnight I would certainly return.Special Features:
- Hidden Gem!FritzDined on 11/24/2013We have eaten at most of the top rated restaurants in Vancouver and MoMa to be at the top of them all. The dishes were creative and the best fusion we have had in town. Our hats off to these two creative and talented young chefs. We will be returning often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.