1 Pershing Circle
Weehawken, NJ 07086Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.molosrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2012231200x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Friday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
Sunday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Greek
- Executive Chef: Athanasios Liavas
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off-site catering is available
- Entertainment: Happy Hour Specials
Monday - Friday 4 P.M. - 7 P.M.
A word from Molos
Molos offers guests the freshest seafood available, prepared with uncompromising quality on a daily basis, while embodying the quality and pride epitomized by the generations of fishermen who would gather their daily catches on the docks of the Mediterranean.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Molos - Best Restaurants in Weehawken ›
Molos reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (41)special occasion (18)romantic (17)neighborhood gem (13)good for groups (9)fit for foodies (8)great for brunch (7)great for lunch (6)late-night find (4)notable wine list (4)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great View/mediocre food & serviceKDAADined on 8/23/2014The views of Manhattan from this new restaurant take your breath away...but the food was just ok (despite a very hefty price tag) and my party found ourselves asking if it was our server's first night on the job. Not impressed.Special Features:
- Have a cocktail and leaveMMMNYCDined on 8/6/2014Molos is beautiful. It would be hard to find a nicer view on the water over looking midtown New York. However, the service is SLOW, the food is average (that’s being generous) and it’s expensive. Go to enjoy the view, have a drink and some mezze. Go to Son Cubano or the Chart House where you still get to enjoy the view but the food is delicious food and the service is prompt.Special Features:
- Beautiful ViewDinner4twoVIPDined on 8/4/2014My wife and I went on a double date to Molos for restaurant week. The food was good, staff was friendly and the view of the city was pretty awesome. It is a smaller place and was pretty much empty. A few couples showed up during our meal but the service was pretty slow. I had the lobster-stuffed tomato for an app (very good), grilled bass (very good) and the custard pie for dessert (left a lot to be desired). My wife had the rubix-cube salad for an app (a must order), Moussaka for entree (decent) and the custard pie for dessert. I think they could do a ton more advertising/marketing and Molos could become a hotspot in Weehawken. Overall: it's walking distance so we will probably be back but maybe just for drinks and apps.Special Features:
- DisappointingDebraDined on 7/29/2014I was extremely disappointed with the food at Molo's. I ordered the fish tacos and they were so saltly that after three bites, I couldn't eat them and I left them on my plate. You couldn't even see the fish inside. It was a mashed concoction which looked like dark tuna. The waiter didn't even notice. I have NEVER been one to send back food--I have heard too many horror stories about doing that. I do regret not saying something on my way out. The appetizer salad was okay. The dessert was a dish of yogurt with honey and walnuts. The only other option was ice cream. Overpriced and certainly nothing special. I would not go back again.Special Features:
- More Then 5 Stars!leokat12345Dined on 7/28/2014I went for my 1st year anniversary and loved the food, service and the view!!! My anniversary dinner was perfect because of this place. Thank you!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/23/2014Ambience can't be beat. Portions are small for the price! Eggplant/zucchini chips were awesome! fish was cooked perfect along with the fresh vegetables....Restaurant was not crowded yet the waiter kept trying to take my plate away. so annoying!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!RiverWalker1Dined on 7/3/2014I've been to Molos twice and both times it was excellent! Fish was very fresh. Very generous portions, good to share entrees. It's unusual to have such excellent food this side of the Hudson.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pathetic ServicefreqtrvlrVIPDined on 6/28/2014No personal service. Ordered 2 appetizers and received 1. Ordered 2 side dishes and received 1. There was a table of 12 next to us with a party and they had someone looking over every detail. The waiter then went on to blame the issues on the runner. Beautiful restaurant with great food and an unbelievable view of Manhattan.Special Features:
- If only the view was enough...LuvGoodFoodDined on 6/27/2014I was reluctant to go after reading so many negative reviews, but thought we should give it a try. Unfortunately, the reviews were right. Octopus was chewy and the rest of the food had no flavor. The baklava was terrible. We couldn't even cut through the phyllo. Very disappointing. Our waitress was terrible. No knowledge of the menu and no concern that we left plates full of food behind.Special Features:
- DisappointedVIPDined on 6/22/2014Went for brunch ... We were one of two groups in this restaurant. I ordered a mushroom omelet.... The chef forgot to remove the stems of various mushrooms. You had to remove stems to make the omelet ready to be eaten..... Will never returnSpecial Features:
- Missing the BoatAuntBossyVIPDined on 6/21/2014This is the third time we have been to Molo's. It will probably be the last. The food is very good, the service is VERY uneven. Our one waiter was a pro, but wasn't keeping watch on our table. We had to flag him down for things. The hostess and the busboy had not been properly trained, although they did seem to be eager. Molo's is too expensive to be uneven. It is also very loud. I wish them well, but, if we go back it will be after they open the outside deck, and then perhaps only for drinks unless we sense things have moved up to a more professional level.Special Features:
- Very goodMolosopinionDined on 6/15/2014It's not so good with the beef, but with the fish and see food is excellent!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- secretchefDined on 6/14/2014Our server saved the entire experience - returning an under baked spinach pie and bringing back a perfect one, offering a taste of wine before ordering, moving our table when my friend was freezing under an uncapped a/c vent - all factors that overcame some problems that included a pounding engagement party on the second floor of this stunning location.
- Nice new restaurantNjDinerDined on 6/13/2014New restaurant. Excellent fresh fish. Magnificent view of midtown Manhattan. Good find. Worth it.Special Features:
- never againfoodtasterDined on 6/6/2014We are a group of professionals that fine dine often and this place is not in that league. Server was nice but not attentive to details. Food quality was poor taste as if fish products were old not fresh. The main course was brought out in stages rather than all 4 of served at once the food temp was not hot. Most of us left food on plate from poor taste. There was no management walking and checking on guest experience. The way the bus boy cleared the table was like a diner.
- Expensive DisapointmentSiriusVIPDined on 6/5/2014OK We tried it twice: My service on both occasions was friendly-Andrew was super knowledgeable. This is a very expensive experience for so-so food. Had the selection of cold appetizer ( 4 spreads w/Pita) Calamari (super salty) and Mussels ( no mussel meat found in shells) ; 3 Jameson on rocks ( they had to go buy it) a Martini, 3 white wines ( supposed to be Happy Hour). Sent mussels back $130.00 without tip ! Mussels weren't removed from bill, manager never approached, was told we were given a free drink ( did we even discuss that ?) but all was on bill. We wanted to like this place- but it's a major NO GO. Management clearly has zero idea how to run food/bar service!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/1/2014Fish was fresh but not as tasty as good Greek prep.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not badOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/22/2014We thought the food was quite good, and we loved the views but the service was pretty slow, especially considering we had an early reservation and the restaurant was not very crowded at the time. The waiters were nice and friendly, just very slow.Special Features:
- Greek Island AmbianceHobokenCookieDined on 5/17/2014We were transcended upon arrival-felt like we were in the Greek Islands. The decor was all white and blue and right on the Hudson River with glass wall over looking the water. And we were so ready to love this place. They accommodated us with a window table (it took a while). And then the food. Nothing was good and servers were clueless about what they were serving. Even the waiter had to look up on his pad what was put on the table! Great place for drink but do not eat!!Special Features:
- Fantastic brunchBrunchVIPDined on 5/17/2014We had a fabulous brunch. Rick our waiter was terrific.Special Features:
- Super FreshSiriusVIPDined on 5/14/2014The seafood brought out and displayed on ice just as it comes in delights the eye and gets you ready for the taste delights to come. It is all super fresh, cleanly prepared, a delightfully presented. The wait staff are very professional and knowledgeable, not just with the food, but also the selection of Greek wines- not something you see all the time. Highly recomendedSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/11/2014Waited quite a while for food to be served, but it was extremely busy on Mother's Day Mediterranean sea bass was flavorful and filling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Punked?br549Dined on 5/11/2014Arrive at 6 seated at 6:04 orders for drinks and appetizers at 6:15 appetizers arrived at 6:42. Sent first round of drinks back. Coke and gin and tonic had zero carbonation glass of rose was horrible, tasted like extremely cheap wine not worth the $10/glass. Second gin and tonic had carbonation but used lower quality gin. Coke was still flat, red wine showed up at 7:11 and wasn't much better than the rose. Starting talking to the table next to us they were also unhappy. At one point they suggested we get up before the entree's arrive and just leave. We didnt and the over cooked tasteless entree's showed up at 7:22. Three entree's, chicken, steak and salmon, all over cooked and tasteless. No kids menu for Mother's Day.
- Don't waste your moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014The service was tremendous, food was mediocre and very expensive. Again service was disgusting and the manager needs to get retrained and or fired..Special Features:
- Bad food & service for $500 buffetkacmDined on 5/11/2014Other than the view of NYC, it was a very bad experience. We were never made aware it was a buffet lunch. Food was bland. Pasta & rice were overcooked. Frittata was inedible. Mussels & oysters were overcooked as well. The bread was stale, and there was no butter available. My kids even refused to eat the sausages as they were so greasy and tasteless. Our waiter was inattentive. Staff was too busy preparing for dinner Overall, service was the worst for a $500 buffet for six people. $500 for such bad food and service is outrageous. If you pay with a credit/debit card, make sure to keep your receipt until the charge is posted on your account because they actually added 20% tip without our authorization. I will never go back there.
- Sub ParOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/10/2014Beautiful views, confusing decor, while they have fresh fish (like they do in Greece), they don't seem to have mastered the service aspect. Language barriers also posed a challenge. Not sure I'd go back.
- Great food and viewsdinealotVIPDined on 5/9/2014This is a new place, so it was not crowded at all. But the food is really great and the views are amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 36 reviews are from the Molos reviews archive.
- WastingfoodisasinVIPDined on 5/1/2014This restaurant is located at the same place where Arthur's Landing was. It got a great manhattan view.Special Features:
- sk8811Dined on 4/25/2014The food at Molos was good, but nothing special or innovative in my opinion - solid Greek food and the seafood was fresh. It's expensive - you are paying for the view and to eat in a fancy atmosphere, not the food. However, I think they still need to work out some kinks in providing this "fancy atmosphere" - we were seated for at least 45 minutes before our server took our food order - and the restaurant did not seem busy! Wine was poured for everyone at the table, except the person who tasted it, who was left with just a small amount of wine and the bottle was taken away to ice, so we had to wander over to pour our own wine. We ended up getting double of one of the appetizers we ordered (a mistake in our favor, we didn't get charged). Meh.Special Features:
- Good at our table, but...montskelVIPDined on 4/20/20141st time here; food very good and great atmosphere - nice space, great view of city at right time to see cruise ships leaving and got seated next to window. If I had to quibble on my specific experience, it'd be service - seemed to take too long. But, on a quiet relaxing Sunday afternoon, I didn't mind that much. There was an incorrect bill offered, but quickly remedied. All that said, the table next to us was experiencing a disaster. A 7-person Easter brunch with older adults turned into a mess, with apps and entrees taking too long and being served at odd inconsistent intervals, and with them obviously in irritation, it was even more galling that management didn't directly apologize. Very distracting for us, but a shame for them.Special Features:
- Excellent food, serve and viewFoodie3VIPDined on 4/16/2014We had some cocktails at the bar before our dinner. Although wine selection is limited but bartender makes excellent cocktails. Food was great. Wide range of seafood options along with some meat dishes. I was very surprised with the view. You can't get any better view of Manhattan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My New Greek Love!RissXRissDined on 4/10/2014Absolutely love this restaurant, I've been there 3 times in the past couple of months and every time I fall in love even more. The food is spectacular and the view is impeccable. The waiters are very knowledgeable & courteous! No complaints!!!!Special Features:
- We arrived at 10pm with anRickiVIPDined on 4/7/2014We arrived at 10pm with an OpenTable booking, restaurant was closed on a wet, dark night. The mistake was quickly recognised and accepted Instead of turning us away James and the kitchen made a superlative effort to make us welcome, put together a great plate of h'ordeuvres and a terrific filo wrapped cheese special. A lovely plate of mixed desserts and complimentary digestif to finish. Well done and thank you. Super spot, great views of Manhattan, lovely terrace. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great views, disappointing food.LadyBugVIPDined on 4/4/2014We may go back during the summer and have some cocktails on their patio - but I wouldn't recommend their food.
- WOW!ClaudiaVIPDined on 3/28/2014Great late night find! Just the right amount of food and the atmosphere was heaven. Fully stocked bar beautiful decor and the best server ever made a rainy night bright to me! Excelent preparation and presentation of food--a carnaval for the palate! Beautiful views of the NYC skyline.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant is average at bestStaceDaAceDined on 3/21/2014This restaurant is Very expensive for what you get. This Greek restaurant ran out of lemons! The 1 ingredient that's used with every item at a Greek restaurant! The food was mediocre. The fish was tasty but too many bones. I understand that it's hard to filet a fresh fish completely, but this fish had too many bones, especially big ones that shouldn't have been missed. We were also surprised that the bill which was so high. The drinks were okay, not great for what you pay for. The only great thing about this restaurant was the view since it has a clear view of New York. Also, the restaurant is very hidden from the road.Special Features:
- Hidden GemLizzyBeesBakeryDined on 3/15/2014Molos recently opened where Arthur's Landing stood empty for far too long. Being a chef myself and passionate about food, I was skeptical about the food (especially being on this side of the river) but I was pleasantly surprised. The food is always fresh and consistently delicious, the staff is extremely friendly AND always remember us, and the views are outstanding no matter where you sit. Molos doesn't advertise in a big way, and it can be hard to miss, but it's definitely worth seeking it out and going for a nice dinner. It's worth the money and the fish is the best I've tasted around NNJ.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh Fishsm16VIPDined on 2/17/2014This place is great when you're in the mood for really good fish. The lavarki cooked perfectly. It's definitely a place that will be part of our regular rotation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed & Not RecommendedWWCitizenDined on 2/16/2014Never been served honey mustard sauce or (what looked & tasted like) French dressing on a cold seafood platter; sauce options were odd. That "French dressing" sauce was served next to the way overly dry, grilled octopus. Carlos, our server, was fantastic & attentive. The martinis were really well made; I had to have a couple to overcome the disappointing, way overpriced food. Our grilled prawns were tasty enough, but one side of one of them wasn't completely cooked! However, the fresh fish display beautifully & the grilled fish was pretty tasty - again served with (if my memory serves - after all those cover-up martinis...) that mustard sauce. What happened to a nice aioli or simply olive oil??! Not recommended, tho great location/views.Special Features:
- Special Valentine DinnerDude1529Dined on 2/14/2014We ate here for Valentine, they had a special Price-Fix Menu, so judging the overall quality of menu/food is hard with this limitation. The food was good, but the service was special, the view, well, postcard quality. The skyline of the city, along with the Empire State Building lit in Red for Valentine, along with a full moon, that's it. Hard to fine, no signs. Valet parking, beautiful interior. Great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.