Molly Malones - Bay Shore
124 Maple Ave.
Bay Shore, NY 11706Neighborhood:
IrishPrice: $30 and under
Molly Malones - Bay Shore
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mollymalonesbayshore.com/
- Phone: 6319692232x
- Hours of Operation:
LUNCH: Thursday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm / Sunday Brunch Buffet: 10:30am - 2:30pm
DINNER: Thursday, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm / Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
HAPPY HOUR: Monday - Friday 3pm - 7pm / Saturday 12-4pm (bar only)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Irish
- Executive Chef: Maurice Benavides
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Long Island's finest live entertainment in our inside bar or waterfront deck. Please visit our website for a full monthly entertainment line up!
A word from Molly Malones - Bay Shore
For lunch, dinner or cocktails there is no better destination than Molly Malone's. Perfect for seafood, steaks, pastas, burgers, salads, wraps & more. Discover the best Irish American & Continental cuisine or join us for Happy Hour at our bar!...Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Molly Malones - Bay Shore reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (12)scenic view (12)good for groups (4)great for lunch (4)special occasion (4)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (3)neighborhood gem (2)late-night find (2)romantic (2)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- Enjoyable experienceGreatPlace2dineDined on 8/17/2014The food, service and atmosphere is excellent. The owner is exceptionally accommodating. there is a good veriety of food to choose from and reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ihopeDined on 7/30/2014I have been there a few times love music and they have it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatarleneDined on 7/26/2014i love eating by the bay, and the service and food is excellentSpecial Features:
- the worst!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/10/2014Do not go to this place - service is the worst! Walked out after placing an order and then being forgotten about for an hour. Too loud as well.
- Lunch on the waterJaneyDined on 7/9/2014Had a great birthday lunch at Molly Malone's as we watched the Fire Island Ferry go by. Beautiful setting, good food and a friendly, efficient waitress named Mary.. Will definitely come back again.Special Features:
- YummyTentativefoodieDined on 7/5/2014Delicious corned beef n cabbage. Also yummy Irish egg rolls. Also tasty potato leek soupSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst experience ever!foodie48VIPDined on 7/1/2014Hoping for a pleasant meal by the water, we were terribly disappointed. This is just a glorified bar that served bad food. I have celiac disease and the only thing I could order on the menu was a hamburger. I said "no roll" and it arrives with with a very large bun. They took it back and merely removed the roll which still makes it inedible to someone with celiac. They could take a lesson from the many gluten-free friendly restaurants on Long Island. And the burger wasn't even good.
- Be carefulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/27/2014Went with 2 girlfriends. Unfortunately had to eat inside due to one of my friends having a terrible migraine, but I'm sure the outside view had to be gorgeous - right on the water. Thought the food & drinks were very good & our waitress was great. One big problem - my friend ordered a bowl of potato leek soup. Upon her first taste, she realized that a mistake had been made, as she was brought New England clam chowder by mistake. Thank goodness she is not allergic to shellfish, but this could have been a very dangerous mistake. Our waitress was very apologetic, but the kitchen staff needs to be very careful!Special Features:
- Long Island GalHeidiDined on 6/20/2014Overall it was 'ok'. I went to catch up with a couple of gf's for dinner and we had to sit inside because outside was much too noisy for conversation. The food was decent but not great. If you want to go and hang out on a nice summer night and have drinks and apps in the outside area it's fine for that. If you're looking for great food and service...not the spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/6/2014VERY LOUD SERVICE TERRIBLE I WOULD NEVER GO BACK FOOD SO SO PRICES OFF THE WALL
- TOMMYDined on 5/23/2014WE HAD A GREAT TIME , THE SERVICE WAS GREAT AND SO WAS THE FOOD.WE WILL DEFINITLY SEE YOU IN THE FUTRUE. THANKSSpecial Features:
- A great gemRoadwarriorjemDined on 5/19/2014Molly's has been a staple of the area for years. It has always delivered fine eats and drinks at reasonable prices. The selection and freshness of foods combined with the scenic views of the bay and marina make it a favorite place for me to dine. Even now that I am 800 miles away in my new home I make it a must have every time I come back to townSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 12 reviews are from the Molly Malones - Bay Shore reviews archive.
- Great Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/23/2014What a great place. The owner sat us and treated us like family. The food was great and the service was excellent. They had live music and my daughter was invited up to sing and dedicated a special song to me.Special Features:
- The best service and qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/14/2014Had a great time at this hidden gem in Batshore . From the moment the owner Pete Higgins welcomed us to the end of the meal Irish Coffee , our metal was nothing short of perfection . My New ATF !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME!!!!Crazy4my4VIPDined on 3/1/2014Great night Out!!! We were a party of ten. We weren't rushed... EVERYBODY LOVED Their Meal. Our Waiter was quick, friendly, helpful etc.... Bar Staff was GREAT Too!!! Awesome Drinks.Special Features:
- Sumer placelaxmom17Dined on 2/14/2014Went on Valentine's Day...website didn't mention that they had a special Valentine's Weekend menu. Hate it when restaurants raise prices $5 or more just because it's a holiday...they are busier anyway, why do they have to raise prices too? Penne a la Vodka was good, just not plentiful. Did not have a large wine selection. Service was good, wait staff very pleasant. Probably a much better place to go in the summer. Will try againSpecial Features:
- Good foodChrisDined on 2/14/2014The food was great, we found this place based on a dish we saw on the menu. The atmosphere is interesting. I may not really go back because it wan't my style but i loved the coconut crusted chicken.Special Features:
- Loved the food, service, andreadytoplayDined on 2/1/2014Loved the food, service, and overall experience. The owner's attention to check on our table twice really is a kudo! I'm a former customer service corporate trainer, so I can easily spot the good, bad, and the excellent. No ugly here! The toasted coconut martini and shepherd's pie were to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good times!FrankNJulesDined on 1/18/2014My husband and I love Molly Malone's in the summer but had not had the chance to check it out post-Sandy renovations. We are really glad we did! The decor is updated and classy (although a little more color wouldn't hurt) and the menu has many choices from burgers and sandwiches to lobster. We both had potato leek soup which was delicious. My husband had the Molly's combo which was lobster tail, stuffed shrimp, and scallops. He ate every bit of it! I had bow tie pasta with lobster, shrimp, spinach and roasted peppers in a garlicky broth which was delicious! There were so many shrimp and the portion was massive. We stayed for drinks at the bar and were pleasantly surprised to find Ed Ryan singing and joking. All in all, it was a great night!Special Features:
- Late Sunday lunchLEE13Dined on 1/12/2014Dad and I arrived for a late lunch/early dinner Sunday afternoon. Brunch had just ended so it was very quiet but fitting for the atmosphere we needed. Both decided on specialty burgers which were perfect! Our wait staff was very friendly, attentive throughout. I frequent MM but was Dad's first time. We'll both be back for sure. We love the also all the seafood offered on menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- water viewOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013A nice scenic location on the water in Bay Shore, NY. The restaurant has a second floor where there is nightly entertainment in the form of live music. Good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gemEatOutOftenDined on 9/1/2013First time there and loved it. Really great food, awesome musicians and very clean. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pretty good......not greatmarkwatDined on 8/24/2013The food was all pretty good..........not outstanding............the service was poor,........inattentive......the indoor ambiace is just plain.Special Features:
- All New - Must See - Great foodSteveKDined on 8/12/2013We went to Molly Malone's recently to enjoy some dinner and we were in for a pleasant surprise. After being devastated by Superstorm Sandy, Molly's has been completely renovated in an incredibly tasteful, trendy decor. They were able to salvage the original horseshoe bar which is somewhat historic, but the rest of the interior is completely new from floor to ceiling. Then we sat down for dinner and were equally pleasantly surprised. New menu with great appetizers, salads and entrees. Some classics that you might expect and some new ones you will love. Try the Jameson wings, they are incredible. I had the Lobster and Shrimp with bowtie pasta and my wife had the seared tuna. Both dishes were excellent. Live music was playing on deck too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.