Molly Cool's Seafood Tavern
1110 N. Old World 3rd Street
Milwaukee, WI 53203Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Molly Cool's Seafood Tavern
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://mollycools.com/
- Phone: 414-831-8862
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Everyday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Mike Glaser
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Kellie Frey 414-831-8862
A word from Molly Cool's Seafood Tavern
Molly Cool's Seafood Tavern is a fun, casual approach to fresh seafood and offers a variety of freshly caught seafood.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Molly Cool's Seafood Tavern - Best Restaurants in Milwaukee ›
Molly Cool's Seafood Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (40)great for outdoor dining (29)special occasion (16)great for lunch (13)good for groups (12)fit for foodies (9)romantic (7)great for brunch (5)hot spot (5)neighborhood gem (4)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (3)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Great food great prices great staffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Crab cakes are delicious! Very fresh and perfectly cooked. We also had sushi and it wasn't what you would normally get but it was different in a good way, for example the salmon in the roll had a smoky taste and the spicy mayo they use is delicious. To en it all we had a creme brule and a key lime pie. I gotta say the key line pie is again not what you usually get when you order one of these, it was a hard crust with a great cream icing and inside there was a key lime jam-like filling, so when you cut the crust it will flow out like a liquid spilling out. Having said this, the taste was delicious and missing it with the crust and the icing made it taste amazing. As per the creme brule, quite simply one of the best I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentDarts27Dined on 8/9/2014My boyfriend and I went here to celebrate our 1 year anniversary. He had the stuffed Grouper which had very little flavor. I had the grilled salmon and asparagus. My portion was insanely small. I ended up leaving the restaurant hungry. And our bill with the $20 off Groupon was $75. It was crazy over priced compared to the portion size and quality of food. The view was beautiful though. Right on the river with all of downtown Milwaukee surrounding us. Needless to say, we will not be going back.Special Features:
- Sandy LSandyLDined on 8/8/2014Went to Molly Cool's on Friday night to celebrate my friends birthday. We made a reservation, but certainly didn't need one. There were only a few other tables with diners. The waiter was good, and attentive. We looked at the menu online and were disappointed when we saw the actual menu in the restaurant. Many of the items we planned to order were not offered. Our waiter said the menu had just been changed two weeks ago. I wish the website had been updated at the same time to reflect what they really offer. We did enjoy everything we had which included crab cakes, southwest chicken egg rolls, crab legs, soup, potato cakes, and the fish and chips. We had dessert, which we all enjoyed also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- breakfesthate2cookVIPDined on 8/3/2014Good breakfast selections with some of the best bloody's downtown Unfortunately our waiter seem to only be able to focus on one table at a time and he had several tables . Pleasant when we saw him but disappeared for long periods of time. We will return, have had good service in the past.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Food was ok salmon was good a bit of a small portion and only served with carrots which were a bit crunchy key lime tart very hard couldn't cut with knife had to break pieces off pretty place chicken was okSpecial Features:
- outdoor seatinghatesmellyoutdoorsDined on 7/31/2014We were seated outdoors, had a table closest to the door. What was really off-putting was the trash behind us and the smell. Had friends there from overseas, was very disappointed. But the food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jeff s.jeffs19Dined on 7/27/2014Not very good service at all. Hostesses were rude and confused. Wait staff was unattentive and disinterested. A lot of employees walking around and bumping into eachother. If not for great parking location we would mane reservations elsewhere. We will be searching for different options for Bradley center preshow and game parking and dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for a special night outOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/27/2014I made reservations ahead of time for a special dinner prior to a concert. Upon arrival we were seated in the bar area at pub tables. Not too romantic. I checked the menu online prior to going and saw some dishes that looked great.Upon arrival, none of those were available and the menu seemed very limited. We ordered drinks and an appetizer to start with, and received and ate the appetizers all before any drinks ever came. For dinner I had the stuffed Grouper. Rather dry and not very stuffed, not worth the $28 or $29 bucks. My wife had the chicken and shrimp penne pasta. There was actually only three small shrimp in there and the chicken was kind of dried out. The service was excellent. I just would not go back for a special night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot before show at MarcusOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/26/2014Good food and service. Free valet parking and short walk to the Marcus Center make this a great option for a pre-show destination. Right on the river for great views.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experiencerocthomDined on 7/21/2014When we arrived our table for 11 was already set for us. The food and service was very good! Everyone really liked their food selection. The service was fantastic! The waitress was very attentive to the group even though the restaurant was at full capacity during lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only saving grace was the food...ATLfoodieDined on 7/9/2014Visiting town for work, a local recommended Molly Cool's. I was bit taken back that they were located on the 1st floor of what seemed to be offices, that were closed, so it was very quiet. But it was DEAD inside the restaurant. My waitress did not want to be there, I had to get up and read the specials for myself. When asked she recommended the dish I selected, which was very good. There wasn't a wine list, because they are changing the list...bartender sent over a STALE Malbec that must have been open for at least a week. Oh did I mention that I was there during Happy Hour?Special Features:
- Relaxing and deliciousfunfoodmkeDined on 7/3/2014The two of us were very happy with our seafood choices. My crabcake sandwich was filled with a thick, delicious, large crabcake. It couldn't have been better. My husband said his scallop BLT wrap was excellent and filled with many scallops. Sitting outside on a lovely afternoon with the river traffic passing by was pleasant and relaxing. We will be back.Special Features:
- Late-Night DinnertotefischeDined on 6/25/2014Service was good. Food was great. Perfect late-night stop with a scenic view and quiet atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food1customersviewDined on 6/21/2014We went for dinner. The fish was good but it was very pricey for not much. No bread was served with the meal. If you wanted additional sides you had to pay which added on to the bill. The view of the river was excellent. The service was very slow and the place was not that busy. It was not a good value for the money. There are many other places along the river that you can get good food at a very good value and more responsive service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/19/2014Very good service, nice atmosphere. I would have preferred a larger selection of actual "seafood" menu for lunch vs. sandwiches and wraps. However both the chilled shrimp cocktail and ceasar salad were very good; well prepared, nice presentation. The waitress was very pleasant and attentive. I would definitely return.Special Features:
- great findsabbaticalchefDined on 6/13/2014I am very glad that I found this restaurant. It was very close to my hotel and to downtown activities I was involved in. The food was very good and our server was excellent.Special Features:
- On The FenceBatobusDined on 6/9/2014Visited during Downtown Dining week. Overall experience was good, nice table overlooking river. Servers were very nice and pretty attentive. Food, for the most part, was good. The only complaint that I have is that I ordered salmon and it came woefully undercooked. I sent it back and received a new piece which was definitely better but still a bit underdone. My wife, on the other hand, said her order was cooked properly right off the bat. I think it is a good restaurant and despite my experience with the salmon, would try it again. If that experience is good, I'll add it to our list. If not, I'll probably scratch it.
- DisappointingMidwestDined on 6/9/2014We had a dinner for a group of 18. They ran out of a number of items on the menu AND our waiter had worse body odor than any homeless person I've ever met. Who wants to eat when they keep smelling body odor? It was disgusting and obviously the management isn't strong enough to talk to the waiter so the customer has to suffer.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/9/2014I came for downtown dining week and tried the clam chower, fish and chips, and carrot cake. The clam chowder did have large pieces of clam, but was quite oily. The fish and chips were hot and breaded well, but not much flavor and the fries needed help too. And the carrot cake screamed the quality of mass production, but had an ok cream cheese frosting.Special Features:
- Molly Cool's downtown dining weekChrisDined on 6/6/2014Restaurant has a beautiful river view! We went during DDW and the service was rediculously slow. It took a half hour to be served our drinks 2 feet from the bar. Both the manhattan and mojito were weak and way too sweet. The calamari was good but small and came with only one of the sauces on the menu. The salmon, also a very small slice but cooked nicely. The jambalaya is flavorful but spicy but meat and seafood are diced so small you cannot distinguish what you are eating. The desert size is a tasting. Key lime pie is creamy no bake style. Carrot cake is a mini cupcake. We realize many of the offerings during DDW are designed to get you to come back but based on sizes of their menu items and the slow disorganized staff I would not return.Special Features:
- Poor ExperiencediningqueenDined on 6/6/2014Went during Downtown Dining Week. The service was beyond slow. Asked for water right away, didn't get it until 25 minutes later. Got the salads before the drink, which took almost 15 minutes to get, was told the bar was busy. The person that ordered off the menu got anchovies in the Caesar salad, those that ordered the Downtown Dining deal didn't. Three times people showed up with food and wanted to know if it was ours, which it wasn't. Took 25 minutes after dinner dishes cleared to get the desserts, and that was after we asked. The waitress told us she was doing the best she can. The carrot cake for dessert was far from being a carrot cake and looked like some kind of prepackaged dessert. I would never go here again!Special Features:
- MollyDined on 6/6/2014The service was great, The Crab Cakes were to die for! Talked to the manager when we were leaving. She is Gem !! Will Definitley be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great time with good friendMrsWhyDined on 6/6/2014Clam chowder was excellent. Jambalaya was as well, though when it came i thought, "oh boy, that doesn't look to great". It turned out to be fantastic. Carrot cake for dessert was very good - not quite excellent but almost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been Betterelof24Dined on 5/30/2014I have eaten at Molly Cool's many times, but this experience left a lot to be desired. The service was not up to it's usual standard, the bus boy took plates before they were done, and there were some issues with our orders. We had a vegetarian come to dinner with us and there was not much for choices. Normally, I would be thrilled to recommend this restaurant, but not after my last experience. The only constant that I have found to be true is the food is very good and the drinks are excellent.Special Features:
- Good foodbadgereaterDined on 5/22/2014The food was good. Portions were on small side for the price. Beer was cold. Overall a nice experience. Would recommend to anyone looking for seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love MollycoolsLuvthosecrablegsDined on 5/19/2014Loved the couch/booths- very comfy. Love, love, love sitting by the water dinning. Had to dine inside due to weather but still nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Mother's Day!Go2MollyCoolsDined on 5/11/2014I took my wife to Molly Cool's for Mother's Day and was not disappointed! The selection and quality of the different foods was outstanding. The prime rib at the carving station was some of the sweetest and most succulent meat I've ever had...and the "bark" was laden with terrific seasonings. The sushi was fresh as can be, and the pasta and potatoes were top notch. The raw oysters, shrimp and baked cod were awesome. Finally, the tiramisu, key lime pie and the poppy seed/blueberry muffins were out of this world. Topping off the meal with a couple nice cool IPA's from Lake Street Brewery while sitting outside on the deck made it one of the most relaxing Mother's Day my wife ever had!Special Features:
- foodchicaDined on 5/10/2014The Maryland oysters were good and the entrees were delicious. Drinks were very expensive and tasted of little alcohol.Special Features:
- The following 528 reviews are from the Molly Cool's Seafood Tavern reviews archive.
- Great food with a spectacular viewtablereviewsDined on 5/2/2014Great food. Kid friendly. Great Front seat view of the Milwaukee River.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/2/2014The grouper is incredible, and the crab cakes have big chunks of crab -just the way they should be. Try the carrot cake too!Special Features:
- Molly Coolgpatterson1Dined on 5/2/2014We had an excellent experience with the food. Everything was well done and great tasting. The only downside is you must be aware that everything is ala carte and as such the price jumps quickly. A little too fast for me. Special occasions only.Special Features:
- Excellent!ShawnieDined on 4/17/2014The overall service, food, and ambience was excellent! My only criticism was the shrimp on my Po-Boy a little salty. Other than that - great. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Used to be wonderful...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/12/2014I have to say I have been to Molly Cools quite few times over the last few years and this last time was a complete let down. I didn't know I they had changed the menu, which can be good sometimes, however not in this case. I normally get the king crab legs or the lobster. While they still had the king crab legs, they no longer had a full lobster. I ended up ordering the twin lobster tails and they were like pure rubber! I also chose asparagus as one of my sides and not one of the stalks was done. Raw asparagus is not a good taste. My husband did have the crab legs which he said were just okay, but was still not happy with them. I think we are definitely on the lookout for a new seafood restaurant.
- descent mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/11/2014The food was good, server was friendly- but busy so we didnt see him as often as needed. 1 main downside was they brought 3 meals out and 5 min later had to ask what happened with 4 plate- which was brought out another few mintues later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My nightMsStylzDined on 4/6/2014I had a wonderful time as usual! The food was awesome, the waitress was amazing! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was my first time andMinez321Dined on 4/6/2014This was my first time and it was a very nice scene. The food was great. Had a good portion size. The service was good as well. Veey nice place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible food.Bill0168Dined on 4/5/2014Frozen waterlogged crablegs and lobster. Why ruin Salmon with BBQ sauce? and then I tried it apparently the salmon is so bad the cooks disguise it. Raw carrots and this weird pineapple strawberry mix of a crumble.Special Features:
- Business DinnerPicklesDined on 4/1/2014I attended a business dinner with 3 other colleages and the food was great! Everyone enjoyed their dinner and the service was attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the food!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/29/2014The food here is great and the service is awesome! It also has a nice patio and a great view of the river!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SupriserhinoDined on 3/28/2014We did not expect anything special from this place as it looked like a college town hangout. Boy, were we ever surprised. It was a Friday in Lent and we were looking for fish. There were so many choices that it was hard to choose. The clam chowder was one of the best. The fish and chips were excellent as it was light on the batter. The grilled whitefish was done to perfection as was the grilled rapini. The meal was topped off with one of the best cappuccinos--big cup not the wippy regular coffee cup many places serve. The wait staff was very attentive. As visitors from out of state, we were made to feel welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.