Mollie Fontaine Lounge
679 Adams Avenue
Memphis, TN 38105Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $30 and under
Mollie Fontaine Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.dosushimemphis.com/
- Phone: 9015241886
- Hours of Operation:
Wednesday & Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Limited Late night menu from 10:00 pm - 1:00am
Friday & Saturday: 5:00 pm - 11:00p m
Limited Late night menu from 11:00 pm - 1:00am
Bar Open until 3:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: International
- Executive Chef: Chef Karen B. Carrier
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Another Roadside Attraction Caterers is our sister business- Please visit us for any catering needs at our website - www.anotherroadsideattraction.com or call us at 901-525-2624
A word from Mollie Fontaine Lounge
Funky, Extraordinary, Eclectic, Soulful, Artsy, Avant-garde atmosphere ; these are some of the words used to describe this extraordinary restaurant + lounge located in Victorian Village in Memphis, Tennessee. The Mollie Fontaine Lounge is housed in a gorgeous Victorian mansion stuffed with a combination of retro and vintage-y chic décor- over stuffed loungers, funky little chairs, and super cool lighting. There’s a full bar downstairs and upstairs serving specialty libations with sounds coming from the piano downstairs to the DJ’s upstairs- The small plate menu serves up scrumptious international dishes such as ~Avocado Tempura, Crispy Duck Spring Rolls, Hickory smoked Sliders w/ Benton’s Bacon +Gruyere, Shrimp a la Planchaand Steamed Mussels in a Red Curry Coconut Broth to name a few. The Mollie Fontaine Lounge is possibly the most unique bar in Memphis.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mollie Fontaine Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
vibrant bar scene (3)good for groups (2)late-night find (1)great for outdoor dining (1)neighborhood gem (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Unique experience.kadlecklDined on 4/26/2014The menu is strictly small plates. The restaurant is a collection of rooms with coffee tables and chairs. We were shown to a couple of chairs and a small side table, which was very awkward to eat the two small plates we ordered. If you're just going for drinks and to chat, it would be ideal. If you want dinner, you might want to try someplace else. The service was great though; our food arrived quickly and our waiter was attentive.Special Features:
- Lovely, eclectic, deliciousGoMollieDined on 4/26/2014I called ahead to let them know about my husband's gluten allergy and Douglas and I figure out what he could eat prior to our visit. He had the steak and replaced the fries for a twice baked potato. I had the steak with the Parmesan truffle fries. We loved it! We really enjoyed the diverse and funky cocktail list too! Our server, Summer, was super sweet and did a great job bringing everything to us in a timely manner with a smile! Great bartender! Very cool atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SecretGem!!!hiswife79Dined on 1/4/2014We found out about this place from a friend and we fell In love with it. The atmosphere is very laid back. This is our new couples hangout spot....#funnersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ghost StoryILIKETOEATVIPDined on 11/30/2013We went to the Mollie Fontaine Lounge, while on a trip through Memphis. The restaurant is cool, hip and eclectic. The tables are very small. They are basically bedroom in tables. At first I hated this. But as we ate, I found that my date and I were sitting close and leaning in towards each other to share. In the end I grew to like the tiny tables and for no other reason they will make me remember this restaurant. The cocktails were excellent and the food was good. Give it a try. You might like it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weird in the best way!beanDined on 11/2/2013We were visiting Memphis and looking for a unqiue experience, and Mollie Fontaine fit the bill. It is an old vicoritan mansion in a neighborhood of old mansions. The outside is beautiful and traditional and the inside is really cool and funky.The food is all small plates which is fun for sharing and trying new things. The avacado tempura was outstanding. They have a great and unique drink menu. My only complaint is that they allow smoking inside, but it seemed to be only on the second floor. We weren't asked if we had a preference and would have prefered the nonsmoking area, but didn't realize that existed until we had already ordered- be aware of this if smoke is an issue for anyone in your party!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Smokers HavenFoodieVIPDined on 10/25/2013If you like smoke filled rooms this is your spot! Good food, good service and good thick smokey rooms.
- Victorian GemTerzDined on 10/12/2013Molly Fontaine drew us in from the start. It's in beautiful Victorian Village and the house is gorgeous with eclectic decor. We were lucky enough to sit in the front room with the piano, so we got a front row seat for the cool jazz. We had several small plates of food--tempura avacado, calamari and steak with truffle fries--and everything was delicious. The avacado was a real standout. Our server was very nice and attentive. She recommended a pinot noir that was v good. We enjoyed our entire experience at Molly F and will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden gem in my backyardResGirlDined on 10/4/2013Mollie Fontaine is a hidden gem. The ambience, food, and service were excellent. What a great ideal, turning an old Victorian house in to a New York style restaurant. I am looking forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Favorite!HappyBride0902Dined on 10/2/2013When making dinner reservations last week, I saw the description for Mollie Fontaine Lounge and thought it looked interesting. Since there is limited information on their website, I just decided to go with the other recommendations on OpenTable and try it. What a great place! Great atmosphere, energy, and decor combined with pleasant, prompt, intelligent and interested service started our evening off. We barely opened the menu and just went with our server's food recommendations, which were all fantastic! It was a fun, interesting, diverse crowd and we were entertained by a very talented young performer singing and playing both the piano and squeezebox. My only disappointment...I did not find out about Mollie Fontaine sooner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place!Kat13Dined on 8/10/2013We had a great time, the place is so interesting and lots of fun! Will go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemFrankieUKDined on 6/27/2013Away from the main downtown area, a house with its own history now serves amazing food. The lounge is the perfect setting for the jazz singers, although there isn't a great deal of space and the music can't be heard upstairs. Tables are small but food is a tapas style. High recommend you check it out, full bar list and food is served late as snacks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly ambience. Lots ofDrPeterBDined on 10/5/2012Friendly ambience. Lots of young adults. Excellenent service. Will go back anytime.Special Features:
- Terrible sushi. I have neverOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2012Terrible sushi. I have never had sushi that tasted fishy before I ate here. It was extremely over priced and I was really disappointed.
- Very nice and plan to go back.DrPeterBDined on 8/22/2012Very nice and plan to go back. The service was excellent and it was a fun place to go to. Sushi was very good.Special Features:
- Creative sushi menu in a comfortablOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 8/1/2012Creative sushi menu in a comfortable setting. Service was awesome. Enjoyed the various crawfish rolls and daily specials.Special Features:
- DO is owned by the same groupOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/22/2012DO is owned by the same group as The Beauty Shop(one of my personal favorites), which helped convince me to revisit this midtown gem. The food was tasty, and unique, for a sushi place. The two best items we had were the Kona strawberry roll and the duck crackin'. Both were surprisingly sweet and rich with flavor. The strawberry was an amazing addition to a sushi roll and is definitely a must try. Their drinks were also very good, and decently priced at around 7$ each. The DO martini is an amazing mix of sake and vodka i could go on and on about. We finished up with some strawberry cake and the champagne dream cocktail, which were both beyond definition. The service was above expectations, however the layout of the place was nothing special.Special Features:
- First of all, it's our favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/20/2012First of all, it's our favorite sushi spot in town. Hands down. Great food, great service. Usually great ambiance. Only complaint was the 2 top table in one of the "booths" created by the curtains. It's one thing to be at the communal table in the middle where there are lots of people and it's louder and obviously not private. But in the "booth" with 2 2-tops right next to each other, it's quite awkward because it is definitely quieter and feels like it should be more private but you are sharing all conversation with your neighbor. You can't help but hear everything they are saying and they hear you too. At the communal table, everyone blends in as an acceptable din. Love Do but not that spot in the restaurant.Special Features:
- Exlectic & EnjoyableBizDoctorVIPDined on 6/22/2012DO Sushi is Eclectic and Enjoyable!!! It has the comfort / familiarity of a neighborhood pub and the sophistication of a GREAT Sushi Bar. Definitely a place for those who love sushi and want a unique dining experience. We dine out a lot, and DO Sushi will definitely be on our monthly rotation.Special Features:
- Wonderful experience as usual.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/9/2012Wonderful experience as usual. The food was fantastic and our server was extremely helpful and well educated on the menu items. We ordered two house special/original rolls, gyoza, and a scallop/crab roll. The crab used was not lump crab, and the server, when asked, was open and honest with her answer:crab sticks. It was by no means a bad roll, I was merely thrown off by the distinct difference in consistency. I only wish this place were a little bigger, or perhaps sacrifice a table or two. Even with an average crowd its tight inside the restaurant. We sat at a two top inside an intimate curtained section which is perfect for a date. I'm bad about not coming here more often because it is always a great experience.Special Features: