Molasses Restaurant - St. Regis Bahia Beach Hotel
State Road 187 Km. 4.2
Rio Grande, PR 00745Neighborhood:
Puerto RicanPrice: $30 and under
Molasses Restaurant - St. Regis Bahia Beach Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.stregisbahiabeach.com/molasses
- Phone: 7878098049x
- Hours of Operation:
Sundays to Thursdays 11:30 am - 9:00 pm
Fridays and Saturdays 11:30 am - 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Puerto Rican
- Executive Chef: Gustavo Sanchez
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, View, Wheelchair Access
- Entertainment: Sports
A word from Molasses Restaurant - St. Regis Bahia Beach Hotel
Discover the relaxing atmosphere of Molasses Restaurant, at the The St. Regis Bahia Beach Golf Club House, the favored destination for golfers looking for an exceptional dining experience after a long day on the course.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Molasses Restaurant - St. Regis Bahia Beach Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (3)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (2)neighborhood gem (2)kid-friendly (1)good for groups (1)special occasion (1)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great Food on Bahia BeachddddDined on 8/2/2014Great food and great service for not too far of a walk from the St. Regis, much better food and service than the Fern Restaurant at the hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 15 reviews are from the Molasses Restaurant - St. Regis Bahia Beach Hotel reviews archive.
- Amazing ExperiencefoodieRVAVIPDined on 4/19/2014We ate at Mollasses 3 times for dinner during our stay at the hotel. It was amazing! The best dishes are (1) churassco al plato with chimmichuri sauce (2) Mofongo Ropa vieja (3) Tomato/Mozz Salad. The service was great too, very friendly and efficient.Special Features:
- Gourmet puertorican foodRobiesloveVIPDined on 3/6/2014The airconditioned room was too cold, so we ate outdoors, with ceiling fans. We could hear the ocean, although not see it because it was dark, and the resort tries to avoid light pollution. I had the tuna tartare with plantains and cilantro appetizer. It was delicious, but too salty for my taste. For dinner i had the half organic chicken with arroz mamposteao with chorizo. The half organic chicken was SMALL, so i was happy to have had the appetizer. The rice was extraordinary. Chcicken was delicious, once i removed the skin.i asked for the chimichurri on the side, since i thought there were enough flavors on the plate. My husband had the swordfish with spinach , both excellently prepared. Our waiter was prompt and "servicial"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so good serviceFoodCriticDined on 2/14/2014I have had dinner at this restaurant before. However, at this time the service was average at best. The waitress disappeared at times and did not offer options available outside the menu. This is not commensurate with the overall quality of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinner in beautiful spotkatalina1Dined on 12/30/2013My husband, three daughters and I ate here our last night in Puerto Rico and it was the best meal we had all week! The crab appetizer was excellent as was the mufungo. We ate in the bar which was very quiet and there was an excellent guitar player in the corner which added to the ambience. If you go save room for the coffee and donuts dessert--out of this world! When I go back to PR I will dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return to MolassesJohnVIPDined on 12/13/2013Location looks out over Puerto Rico's Bahia Beach - with moon light - maybe even showers to scatter the outdoor diners. At any rate It purports to be Puerto Rican cuisine - it's excellent Puerto Rican cuisine. Mofongo makes one think of home cooking and flavoring - with shrimp was excellent. Treatment of fish - grouper in this case was innovative with thin piece of pork belly on top to keep it moist during cooking process. It also turned out very crispy and a pleasant addition to the dish. Red sangria was a great start to the meal. We thoroughly enjoy this restaurant.Special Features:
- Best restaurant at the St.PM60VIPDined on 10/24/2013Best restaurant at the St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort. Best food, service and ambiance at this resort!!! Waite staff was OUTSTANDING......gave us the feeling that we were regulars and treated us as such.....so good, we ate there the next night also......HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!! Special thanks Braulio and his helpers!!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always superbRjseciVIPDined on 8/10/2013We have eaten Molasses many times. The food is always superb and the service is even better. The staff knows always makes it a point to welcome us back. And makes us feel right at home. Definitely a great spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was expensive but averageHoho4hoDined on 7/3/2013Place is quiet, beautifull and secluded, we were the only one there, I ordered steak medium rare, came out well done, Tast very plain
- Open Table: You've Done It Again!!!StacyeVIPDined on 4/29/2013Molasses is a wonderful dining experience. Gorgeous view, superlative food, excellent wait service. Loved every bite! Don't miss this beautiful dining experience!!!Special Features:
- The Perfect Experiences!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/2/2013Great Ambiances , the services was perfect. Must try the empanadas as appeticer, i order the tuna filet for dinner and the cremeu chocolate dessert! WOW!!!!!! will recomend, the bar was fun for the cocktails we had at the begining and we dine in the terraze. Good FOOD , Excellent service and the ambiance was perfect!Special Features:
- All dishes were great butRavensburggeistVIPDined on 1/18/2013All dishes were great but Pastelon is a real winner and coffee and donuts dessert was scrumptious!Special Features:
- Great food and service. WaitstaffOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 12/18/2011Great food and service. Waitstaff was especially kind to children. Chef came over to our table which was a real treat. Be sure to get a selection of desserts.Special Features:
- Amazing food, better service.GPVDinnerVIPDined on 7/29/2011Food at this Puerto Rican inspired restaurant is outstanding. Had one of the top two Mofongos I have ever tried in my life. Also, service is top notch. Madeleine was simply the best server ever. Knowledgeable, helpful, kid friendly, and the list goes on. I will certainly come back to this place.Special Features:
- Clearly, this restaurant onlyOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/21/2011Clearly, this restaurant only survives because it's one of three restaurant choices available at an amazing, yet isolated St. Regis resort. Tostones were oily and I could barely taste the plaintain, pasta dish was missing half the ingredients, mofongo was served barely luke warm.
- This wonderful restaurantJeffDined on 3/8/2011This wonderful restaurant is on the grounds of the Bahia Beach Resort. The resort itself is spectacular and now features the recently opened St. Regis Hotel. You can dine inside or out and you will have a wonderful view of the Atlantic from the outside dining terrace. The food is superb, well presented, and extremely flavorful. Take a drive to discover this hidden gem of a restaurant and you're in for a real treat.Special Features: