4140 N Federal Hwy
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33308Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mojofl.com/
- Phone: 9545684443
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Domenick Falcione
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Restaurant buy outs vary depending on the day of the week. Catering menus available by request. Most functions are client specific and need a consultation with the chef and banquet manager.
- Entertainment: the acoustic guitar stylings of Michael Bianco Thursday, Friday and Saturday 7:30pm>
A word from MOJO
mojo has food, spiritual and sexual connotations and after one visit, you too can attest to the fact that the restaurant is quite aptly named. Chef owned and operated, Domenick Falcione has not only created an inviting space to go with his creative food but his second passion, abstract art, allows visitors to experience his work between bites. Friendly, knowledgeable staff, full service bar with signature martinis, a botiquey wine list and specials that change daily keep both new and returning costumers excited.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
MOJO reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (26)neighborhood gem (25)special occasion (19)romantic (12)good for groups (11)vibrant bar scene (5)notable wine list (5)late-night find (3)great for lunch (2)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Foodie food!StaceyDined on 8/23/2014We had the calamari, which was delicious and barely breaded and fried. Light and delicious. The goat cheese salad was heavenly. I enjoyed the crab cakes and sweet potatoes fries. The apple ricotta pound cake was amazing. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Disappoints!FirstTimerVIPDined on 8/15/2014We can't say enough about this place! We brought my brother here for his birthday.... Victor was our server, and he was great. The food is always high quality in taste and presentation.... And the Cucumber Martini (with HEAT) is awesome!!Special Features:
- Satisfying and deliciousJtropicsVIPDined on 8/15/2014Yes another fine evening at MOJO. Michael on the guitar was superb!Special Features:
- Best everDolceFarNienteDined on 8/14/2014We are frequent diners here but our recent dinner was one of the most outstanding ever. Che Dom outdid himself. Run, don't walk to eat at Mojo - it is one of the best restaurants in the Ft. Lauderdale area.Special Features:
- customer serviceReviewerDined on 8/1/2014I'be been to MOJO many times; hence I elected to take a friend there for a special birthday. Reminded the server 2x's of the event. Dinner was delicious, as always. However, dessert withwith candle was NOT brought. In that respect, a disappointment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - but not great for kidssouthertraveler2012Dined on 7/31/2014We really enjoyed the food. It tasted great. Service was prompt. It was not crowded. There was a wonderful guitar player. But - I had kids with me. I do not recommend this a place for kids. Cost is expensive, but again, the food tasted wonderfully. I recommend the place for fine food, but not for kids.Special Features:
- LocalJoel1062Dined on 7/31/2014Was looking for a different restaurant than the usual and found a gem! Had a family guest from out of town and didn't want to risk our evening on a new place but glad I did. Food was fresh, excellent prep, nicely plated. Decent portions. Menu has good variety. Waiter was attentive, knew the menu and kitchen well. My girlfriend mentioned she was trying to avoid carbs and the waiter made special trip back to the table to tell her he has or waiting in kitchen if she wants - but is following her wishes by not bringing it to table! A waiter that anticipates and thinks? In S Florida? Awesome. Live instrumental music was nice touch. Added demension to already great meal. Will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- alpalDined on 7/19/2014Very accommodating with my drink order . Our waiter was very attentive,and took time to explain the menuSpecial Features:
- Awesome ExperienceWitlandDined on 7/17/2014We cannot say enough about the place and owners!!! If we would have had more time in the area, we would have definitely been back to taste other menu offerings. The owners were great and walked us around to view the art and various techniques. We will absolutely be back when we return!!!!Special Features:
- First time visitBeerbrewerVIPDined on 7/12/2014Looking for a place while away and came across this so we gave it a shot. We were a large group and the service was great - attentive but not over bearing. Pretty eclectic menu, so we tried some new things, shared some discuses and everything was good. What I really liked is that it was in an everyday strip shopping center, but when you went inside, you felt you were somewhere else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mojo is wonderful.FloridaFoodieDined on 7/11/2014I love this restaurant. Mojo does everything right. Good service, really good food and fair prices. I have dined at Mojo 5 or 6 times and I like their Steak specials but this time I tried the crab cakes and they were really good too. You can really see they care about their customers.Special Features:
- Love this restaurant!MicheleDDined on 7/11/2014The ambience is really neat - original art on all the walls... the bar/lounge area is really lovely and funky - couches, as well as the stools at the bar. The food is really great! LOVE especially the way they do escargots!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't be fooled by the location!CarlaVIPDined on 7/2/2014This little gem is in a non-assuming strip mall. As you enter the doors, you will be in for a surprise but it's kitschy décor and freshness. The food and service were amazing. They went out of their way to walk us through the menu and let us know about the restaurant. Great little neighborhood gem for sure! www.ACoupleofKidds.comSpecial Features:
- Very enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/28/2014My second time dining here and with friends who have dined here previously. We all had a very good meal. We were seated promptly. The waitress was very personable and attentive. The menu had a nice variety and prices were reasonable. Filet mignon, mahi mahi and lamb chop special were all very good. The pound cake and blueberry cobbler deserts were very good as well. I look forward to coming again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKsjd44Dined on 6/21/2014Decent meal that was ruined by really uncomfortable booth. I was sitting on springs. I was sore for a few house latter.
- Well worth the visit!JtropicsVIPDined on 6/20/2014It is easy to drive by this restaurant. I know. I have done it many times myself. This evenings experience was seriously wonderful. The food is excellent. The service was perfect and the soft jazz/contemporary music played on guitar by "Michael" was superb. I know I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent EveningbiedsDined on 6/14/2014We always enjoy trying new places. After looking online, we stumbled upon MOJO. So, I booked a table for 6 on a Saturday night. Once we arrived, it was a pleasant atmosphere. We were immediately greeted and seated. The waitress was attentive throughout the meal. She gave us the specials...all sounded great. We ordered drinks and appetizers. All came out perfect. Once dinner was ordered, we sat and enjoyed the acoustic guitar player. All meals came out and were amazing!! The owner came by to make sure we were happy with the meal/service. He was truly interested. Overall a great night and would most definitely return without hesitation.Special Features:
- mojoOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/14/2014Restaurant is great. Food is delicious. Very friendly owner and server. Service was great also.Special Features:
- Great food & Owner makes a point..TBone66Dined on 6/14/2014to meet his patrons. My wife and I were in the area and looked up restaurants in Trip Advisor. Great reviews, so we decided to stop in. Very pleased with the wine list and the food was fantastic. Anthony, the owner, made it a point to visit our table several times during the meal and made us feel right at home. Would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good, not greatPierReviewsDined on 5/30/2014We made our reservation with anticipation of a special meal with a great ambiance and special experience. In reality, we had delicious dinners with adequate service but no sense of warmth or graciousness. Our wait person was cheery, but not as attentive as I would have expected. After dinner plates were removed and before desserts were served, it was obvious that the table needed a quick wipe down, but our server failed to do so. Still, we would we give Mojo another try. maybe we just hit an off night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great staff!BCJ14Dined on 5/24/2014Easy to get to and once inside you are focused on the great experience from the staff to the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and cool ambiancebonchiVIPDined on 5/23/2014The food was really good and very eclectic. The ambiance and decor was very cool. The acoustic music in the background was very soothing and complimented the whole restaurant theme.Special Features:
- Fantastic Food and ServiceHydraDined on 5/23/2014This is my second time coming to MOJO and I was well taken cared of, the food was simply amazing and the drinks were awesome. Now I've had similar priced food that was bland and lifeless, which is a shame to itself, but MOJO's food taste so good you may forget who you are dating that evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- top shelf, but totally comfortablehiddengemseekerDined on 5/22/2014This little gem has become one of our favorites over the last couple of years. In an unassuming small strip building, once you walk thru the blue doors you enter a world of comfort. With a nice bar, live music (sedate single musician plays low key, soothing sounds), beautiful décor and the owner's artwork, this restaurant is one of the better eaterys in Fort Lauderdale. The service is always fun and attentive, the menu always interesting and diverse. We often take out-of-town guests with us, as we did this last visit. Try it...you'll like it.Special Features:
- Good quality local restaurantMarkVIPDined on 5/21/2014The food was better than I had expected. Good ambience but I went there on a Wednesday and it was very very quiet. Definitely give it a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a TreatTTLBLVIPDined on 5/17/2014Love Mojo's always delicious freshly prepared homemade recipes. Great "specials" add to the the regular menu selections. This weekend "special desert" was "Jewish Apple Cake", served hot from the oven topped with homemade whipped cream. It was was delicious. One of my favorite deserts ever!Special Features:
- Away from the touristy areasSusanneDined on 5/17/2014Mojo was excellent. Everything we tried was delicious and they had some different things on both the bar and dinner menu. Service was attentive, but not overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experienceJanFDined on 5/13/2014We took friends from out of town and they were duly impressed with food, ambiance, service. The menu is wonderful, they had some very nice specials, and even a prix fixe menu on Tuesday. Highly recommend Mojo!Special Features:
- CRAB CAKESthefoxsaysVIPDined on 5/10/2014CRAB CAKES WERE OUTSTANDING. . THE WAITER WAS EXTREMELY ATTENTIVE AND THE SERVICE WAS GREAT.Special Features:
- Mojo has lost its mojoPJsFoodReVu4UDined on 5/2/2014I have been vacationing in Ft Lauderdale for several several years now and recently made a permanent move. When Mojo first opened it was the hot spot, the place to be. Reservations were hard to get, the music was flowing out the front door, people were waiting with cocktails in the entrance to be seated, the place had a vibe. The food was equally creative and had an edge. My most recent visit was so disappointing. The vibe was gone, very few people in the restaurant and the food was mediocre. For so few people in the restaurant you would think that our service would've been better and more attentive. My hope is that Mojo will find its mojo again and re-create itself. A new menu and a new interior décor may be needed to save Mojo.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 242 reviews are from the MOJO reviews archive.
- Bland food & noisyOpenTableReviewerFLLDined on 4/24/2014Second meal there. Food was OK, but fairly bland. The restaurant seems crowded each time we visit, which is good for their business, but the venue is all hard walls and chairs, so the noise makes it impossible to have a good conversation.
- Nice FindEggsNSpamDined on 4/23/2014Nothing better than visiting a new city and stumbling across a great dining experience. The service was great; attentive without feeling rushed. Menu had great selection and reasonably priced. Soup, salad, two entrees, a drink each and a nice tip and we cashed out around $90. Duck breast was done to perfection and the glaze and chorizo stuffing on the pork chop were so very good. Would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GIRAFFEDined on 4/23/2014This is a great restaurant to meet with friends and have a leisurely dinner. The noise level doesn't interfere with conversation. The food is good and fresh. The wait staff is pleasant and good. This is an all around lovely little restaurant. The ambiance is also quite pleasant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better and better.nancyceeVIPDined on 4/19/2014This is our favorite restaurant in the Fort Lauderdale area. Consistently good, it just seems to get better and better. The menu seems just a little limited to me, but when you add in the nightly specials, there is always something for everyone. From something as simple as a caesar salad, to a complicated tasting brie with spiced strawberries, the appetizers were superb. Filet tips were incredibly tender and tasty, accompanied by a buttery serving of garlic mashed potatoes, and a creative salad of tomatoes, peppers and pomegranate seeds. And we ordered a spectacular bottle of wine to go along with. They have a guitar player most nights, who is perfect for the space and the ambience. MOJO knows what it is about.Special Features:
- Great birthday partyJtropicsVIPDined on 4/14/2014Loved the food and service. Excellent evening. Took great care of our party of 20.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real winner!GJH66VIPDined on 4/12/2014Excellent food, thoughtfully prepared and optimally timed. The pace of the courses was just right - permitting time for conversation and to enjoy the terrific guitar player. Each dish was a step above in terms of the flavors and and seasoning. The meatball appetizer and calamari appetizer were exceptional. I really enjoyed Chiken Milli which was delicious and Paleo friendly. The gnocchi and sausage was deemed "amazing" and clams and linguini "wonderful". Generous portions, good service and immaculately clean. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- an extremely pleasant experience !julioDined on 4/12/2014The restaurant has great food quality, outstanding service and a guitar player that provided really nice background music. my only complaint was the size of the desserts since they were extremely small. is a bit price on the daily specials. i would go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the service was greatScottVIPDined on 4/11/2014this was one of the best servers that I have ever had. I will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of optionsAllisonDined on 4/10/2014This restaurant has a special for every day of the week. The special our night (Thursday) was 50% off any bottle of wine under $100. I had swordfish with a cilantro lime drizzle, green lentil salad and braised spinach. All were delicious. My husband had seafood over squid-ink linguine and it had a rich and delicious sauce. One other person in our group ordered gnocchi. She felt it was too salty. The manager came to our table to inquire about our meals, and he said he would address the salty gnocchi and that "it would never happen again". Our server provided us with all we needed in a timely manner and was upbeat and attentive. With a happy hour that extends to 7 pm and live guitar music in the background, we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love MojoSueBeeDined on 4/3/2014One of my favorite restaurants-owners attentive and friendly. Food and service good. Took friends there and they loved it too.Special Features: