1655-195 Oak Tree Rd.
Edison, NJ 08820Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.moghul.com/
- Phone: 7325495050
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Executive Chef: Sunder Kumar
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, BYO Liquor, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Moghul Restaurant
NJ's best Indian restaurant since it opened in 1991 as rated by Zagat, Moghul serves authentic North-Indian & Punjabi food. With a recent renovation, a new bar/wine menu (although you can still bring your own), and the same great food and service, Moghul is the best Oak Tree Road had to offer. The bi-level space can easily be partitioned off for larger groups. The weekday lunch buffet is priced at $11.50 and the weekend lunch buffet is priced at $13.50, including some favorites from the adjoining Ming Restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Moghul Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (8)kid-friendly (4)special occasion (4)neighborhood gem (4)good for groups (3)great for lunch (3)hot spot (1)Show More
- Classic IndianjpnmcDined on 9/30/2014I have been to many, many Indian restaurants over the years. Most are average at best. Mogul is a cut above in food preparation and presentation. The tandoori grilled meats have a clean fresh taste. The way they should be. Served with perfectly cooked vegetable sides. We tried several lamb kormas each distinctly different, all with sauces deep in color and flavor. The lamb tender and not overcooked. We ordered the bread basket of three breads, which we chose. The paratha was flakey and less dense then most. The onion kulcha and garlic naan distinctly different and hard to stop eating. Curry lovers will love this place.
- LayalaDined on 9/24/2014The service is very good. Very quick to clean the table.Special Features:
- ExcellentChasDined on 9/21/2014Our first experience. Wife and I brought a dear old friend for lunch buffet. We were greeted in a friendly way. We were given a detailed description of the food. Custom made starter was a delicious introduction. Food was well cooked with many offerings. We were able to bring our own wine even though the restaurant has a well-stocked bar.Special Features:
- Predictably DeliciousJohnGVIPDined on 8/14/2014Being in the neighborhood, I took one of my out of town colleagues for a business Dinner. My colleague enjoyed a glass of wine. The Moghul Mixed Grill (Tandoor), Bhendi, and the assorted breads were fantastic and predictably the right venue for such occassions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Probably the best indianOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/9/2014Very authentic high end indian restaurant in the indian suburb of Edison nj. Def bring friends and family here. The grill plate is excellent and all the curries are delicious spicy and authentic.Special Features:
- Great consistent foodEclecticvoyagerDined on 6/29/2014My family and I have been coming to Moghul's for a few years now and we always consider it a treat. We have never been disappointed with the food and the BYOB is a great convenience. Our favorites include: Assorted Vegetable Pakora, Seekh –E-Sikander, Murgh Tikka Masala, Murgh Saagwala, Navrattan Curry, Balti Dal, and all the great breads.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 53 reviews are from the Moghul Restaurant reviews archive.
- home runfoodie4lifeDined on 4/6/2014Always great. Consistent quality. Can't beat the prices. Always too full when I leave. Solid choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time there, but not the last.DocnSuzeDined on 2/14/2014Went there on a recommendation. My wife and I , dinner for two on Valentines Day. The place was rather busy, but the service and the food were impeccable. A beautiful decor and ambiance. Seems like a fine dining establishment except that there were quite a few screaming, crying children and infants-somewhat unexpected considering the rest of the experience. Will definitely return. Top notch service and the food was nothing less than remarkable. Best Rogan Josh I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2013My friends and I frequent this place quite a bit even when it is so out of the way for us. I would say this is the closest I can ever come to delicious Indian food in the US. Everything is very well done and the quality of the food never wanes even during busy times. Definitely recommended.Special Features:
- Consistent Dining ExperienceJohnGVIPDined on 12/21/2013While I usually go to Moghul for business meetings on weekdays, this time it was a delightful weekend experience. The Fish Curry was particularly delicious along with the usual Tandoori Chicken, Tawa Vegetables, and an assortment of Indian bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great!foodieVIPDined on 11/20/2013We feel very welcomed at this restaurant. When we walk in we are warmly greeted by the manager, Ved. Then after we are seated, we are again warmly greeted by our favorite waiter, Siva. We do not come that often, as we live in Staten Island, but Siva always remembers our name. He goes out of the way to make us feel comfortable and he is the main reason we dine at this restaurant. Plus the food is always outstanding!I would recommend this to a friend.
- My coworker and I like toRICHUVIPDined on 11/5/2013My coworker and I like to eat Indian food once a week. My co-workers hertigate is Indian. We are both consultants who are on the road weekly and are always searching for great places to eat. Moghul's has both excellent food and service. Our server, Melwin, was outstanding. We have found this to be the best Indian restaurant in this area.
- Great for Business Lunch!JohnGVIPDined on 11/3/2013I am a regular guest at Moghul. Good food, speed and quality of service. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2013With all the restaurants on the Indian strip Moghul is the original and best. Their tandoori cuisine is second to none.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/30/2013Our waiter Melvin was excellent and went above and beyond good service. Hi suggestions on the menu were pitch perfect. His attitude was great. The food was 50% of the reason we had a great time. Melvin was the other 50% that ensured that we will come back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Indian....HPFanVIPDined on 8/24/2013In an area rife with Indian restaurants. Ever dish is different and delicious. Do not miss if you love Indian food. Try it if you want the best.Special Features:
- We loved the food, it wasstrawberryVIPDined on 8/10/2013We loved the food, it was spiced well which is often hard to find, of good quality and ample. A beautiful setting too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy Indian fit for a groupJuluet728Dined on 8/6/2013Our friends wanted Indian and we got it! The waiter helped us and told us what to order - he even joked and said he would take home our leftovers! The food was not too hot as our friends from overseas we afraid of the heat! A very yummy night. We will go there again for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good enough for an InterviewJohnGVIPDined on 7/13/2013Either I go to Moghul for Business lunches or for a weekend brunch with my Family & Friends. Last evening, I reserved a Table for an Interview and thought that it may be too noisy to have a business discussion. With the right seating, I conducted an Interview successfully on a Saturday night while enjoying the good food that I have known Moghul for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Indian food in Central NJCrystalDined on 7/6/2013Food was fabulous! Service was friendly but a little slow. Nice restaurant and prices not too pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining experience in MogulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/18/2013The service was not upto expected standard in more ways than one. Mogul management may like to focus and improve the same.
- I love the food at MoghulOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/1/2013Being British, I am very keen on Indian food- it is the most popular cuisine in Britain. I have also spent a lot of time in India. Having spent 10 years in US, and tried lots of different Indian restaurants, I now go nowhere else for Indian food as it is the only one that tastes like the real thing. Delicious!Special Features:
- Food was good and interesting.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/19/2013Food was good and interesting. Rice is a la carte. Win is limited. Waiter are nice and helpful. We did see a family with two well behaved girls enjoying a meal. Popular late. Many people going in when we left after our 6:30 dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food!OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 5/17/2013We used to go to the Moghul in Morristown. This one is just as good!!!Special Features:
- Good choice for the areazswapsVIPDined on 5/11/2013I was looking for something close to some friends in Edison, and this was a good find. Certainly there are great Indian restaurants in the area, but this is a great place for those who may not be very familiar with Indian food. All the dishes were tasty, and service very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/4/2013Food at Moghul is exceptional.....aromatic and layers of flavor. Chicken Tikka Masala is the absolute best, and the Lamb Vindaloo was tied for 2nd with the Paneer Moghul.....Paneer Moghul tasted exactly like grilled cheese and tomato soup....only 10 times better! Addition of beer and wine a plus.Special Features:
- Authentic cuisine in a beautifulOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/26/2013Authentic cuisine in a beautiful dining room. Never had a bad meal here. First time I enjoyed the $11.95 lunch buffet and it was fabulous. Great way to sample different flavors.Special Features:
- No rice?rockpileVIPDined on 4/10/2013Although, as a solo diner, I only had one appetizer and one entree and didn;t sample a wide range of food, what I had was delicious. I did find it strange, however, that rice doesn't come with an entree - it is an extra cost.
- The quality and variety ofOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2013The quality and variety of the food was excellent, and was complimented perfectly by the service, which was both prompt and relaxed at the same time, thereby creating a friendly unhurried environment. The entire experience was excellent.Special Features:
- Very good food; definitelyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/9/2013Very good food; definitely high end for the area; service was very helpful and efficient.Special Features:
- Exceptional food and service.schmausDined on 2/22/2013Exceptional food and service. I was looking for authentic Indian fare and found a gem of a restaurant without having to travel far.Special Features:
- Best IndianHPFanVIPDined on 2/16/2013By far the best Indian food in an area where you will find and Indian restaurant every 10 feet. Each dish is unique and flavorful, not just hot for hot sake. The servers are friendly, efficient and helpful. A must for Indian food lovers.Special Features:
- Good food and service. QuieteaterDined on 2/5/2013Good food and service. Quiet enough to have a pleasant conversationSpecial Features:
- The food at Moghul is alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/2/2013The food at Moghul is always outstanding - they are a BYO but also have some beer and scotch on hand if needed. Its a great go-to spot if you are looking for some tasty Indian fare in a nice atmosphere..Special Features:
- Best in the United States!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/25/2013Hands down, best indian food around, in fact we've been all over including other states. By far the best was when we were in florida and ventured to an indian place. As we were leaving we parked next to 2 Indians who asked us how the food was, we immediately stated that well we're from Jersey and we go to this place in Edison... before we could finish they were like MOGHUL??? So in fact, people recognize this restaurant from all over. Plus the staff are like the icing on the cake!!Special Features:
- Best Indian food I've everOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/18/2013Best Indian food I've ever had . Atmosphere is elegant , you forget you are in a shopping strip mall.Special Features:
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/12/2013The food and service were as usual - outstanding. We were not happy with the seating - us pushed into a tight booth...but, given the fact that it was a weekend, I guess we couldn't ask for more. We are extremely thankful for our excellent service manager who went out of the way (twice now) - to make our dining experience very memorable.Special Features:
- Always enjoyable, good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/12/2013Always enjoyable, good food at a good price with a good atmosphere.Special Features:
- Delicious Indian and Good ServiceFrenchiefortheNightVIPDined on 1/11/2013Food is delicious here and the service was very attentive. Prices were reasonable. I don't live in New Jersey, but would come back to this restaurant when I return for a visit.Special Features:
- Elegant and DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/6/2013The place is elegant and the food is absolutely fantastic. The service is like having your own butler! The chicken and the lamb were absolutely delicious and none of us could stop eating.Special Features: