113 S. Main Street
Breckenridge, CO 80424Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.modisbreck.com/
- Phone: 9704534330x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 2 daily Happy Hours 3-6 p.m. and 9-11 p.m (first come first serve). and Dinner Service starts at 5:00 p.m. and goes to around 9:30 p.m. **Please note that we do not accept happy hour reservations, all reservations made are for dinner service.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Simon Gilna
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Modis
Colorado contemporary cuisine with an urban feel in a vibrant eclectic atmosphere. At Modis we focus on the art of food, drink, and life. Over 40 wines by the glass plus a full bar featuring a wide variety of craft and pre-prohibition style cocktails. Come in and check out our seasonally changing menus, art, and music.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Modis reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (51)special occasion (30)vibrant bar scene (27)neighborhood gem (23)hot spot (21)romantic (19)good for groups (15)notable wine list (15)great for outdoor dining (13)scenic view (12)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (8)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Good VisitbriankDined on 10/19/2014Delightful experience. Good ambiance, extensive bar offerings, great service, limited but well prepared menu options. We enjoyed the lamb shank, pot pie and ribeye steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hands on owners and good foodTrishDined on 10/18/2014Modis is doing a good job in the Breckenridge restaurant scene. Food is creative, atmosphere is energetic, wait staff are well trained and friendly, and young owners who make it a point to visit the tables and say more than, "how are your dinners?" I had the mussels appetizer and lamb shank entree. Both were delicious. We will go many more times.Special Features:
- Wonderful!JohnDined on 10/17/2014Our new favorite place for a nice meal in Breckenridge! Overall great food, drinks and ambiance. Dont forget about the early and late night happy hour.Special Features:
- Enjoyable eveningClipperDined on 10/9/2014Simple to make the reservation, we were in a time frame that we had a choice table. The food very good, the Mussels and sauce were Outsanding, Pot Pie Delicious and the finsh of Sorbet Great!Special Features:
- Great Food!LookingForGoodFoodVIPDined on 10/5/2014We were thrilled to find Modis! We got there early, so had our pick of tables and a very attentive waiter. We sat upstairs with a center table overlooking the mountains and the moon coming up. They also have a great upstairs deck, but it was getting too cold to sit out there. It was quiet, but probably gets loud when it gets more crowded. We loved everything we ordered - I had the Cold Turkey Sliders from the Happy Hour menu - delicious - wonderful flavors included cranberry and (what I think was) sage gravy that came on the side! My husband had the Turkey Pot Pie - also delicious with a beautiful crust on top! My 5 year old ordered Fish and Chips and ate all the fish. So glad we stumbled upon this place - we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Amazing food. Superb Service! A definite must when you are in Breckenridge CO!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!coloradogirlDined on 9/27/2014Anytime we visit Breck with friends and want to take them out to dinner we take them here, also great food at a restaurant that is kid friendly, which is sometimes hard to find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Twin Birthday Worthy!UmalaDined on 9/26/2014My sister and I came to Modis after reviewing local restaurants on Yelp. The food and drink did not disappoint. It was beautifully presented with excellent flavors and textures. We were both really happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphereRocknfoodDined on 9/18/2014Great set up with balcony, bar or roof top dining. Eclectic food choices: some over the top amazing and unique, others just ok. Sweet potatoe chips were fabulous, service was great. Noodle bowl brings rating down as pork was very tough and poorly cooked- I took it out and loved the rest. Little loud, but still able to talk at table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasently surprisedBoblovesfoodDined on 9/17/2014Modis changed hands a while ago and I was hearing mixed reviews on the food. Our options were limited as it is shoulder season in Breckenridge. We flipped a coin and decided to give Modis a try. We were pleasantly surprised how wonderful the food was and the selection. They made a menu change that day and there was some confusion when we ordered, however the waiter made corrections very quickly and was responsive to our needs. Modis is back on my list of favorites in Breckenridge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant DinnerFoodieFanVIPDined on 9/14/2014It was unusually quiet at Modis the evening we went and were told that it was due to Octoberfest. However, we were seated at a nice table upstairs and enjoyed a quiet dinner with friends. Our server was friendly and helpful and did her best to make our experience pleasant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Getting BetterwatchtowersingDined on 9/11/2014We've been here a few times, it's nice to know that they are getting better. The music is still really strange, but a lot better than it used to be (it used to be rap music backyard without the voice which just sounded horrid). The food has improved as has the general feel, it is much more welcoming than it used to be. The food itself was well presented and cooked very well. All three of use were happy with our meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good - menu changesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014We have eaten here the two times we visited Breckenridge. It's been great both times. The menu changes every season so I was disappointed that the ramen dish I enjoyed on our first trip wasn't available on our second. However, I did enjoy the squid ink ravioli on our second trip. The meat and cheese board was great both times. And the wine list is solid. Definitely a must-visit if you are in Breckenridge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So Much PotentialMeandMyBrideVIPDined on 9/3/2014Modis has a beautiful bar, modern decor, two story windows giving an amazing view from the upper level. They have the most extensive mixed drink list we've ever seen. The service was adequate; server was probably a little too "baked". The menu even makes you want to try this place. Food presentation is nice. Where they do not deliver is flavor. We ordered 4 dishes, but all were taste bud boredom. There are many good meals to be had in Breckinridge, but this one was a wasted dining experience and a blown $100. If they ever deliver food quality to match the rest of the potential of this place there is no stopping them.
- Phenomenal *****EASJSEDined on 9/3/2014We dined here the first night arriving in Breck for our honeymoon. Modis was recommended by several friends. I had a home in Breck until 2007 and am thrilled that fine dining has finally hit town. We loved our dinner and came back the next two days.Special Features:
- RecommendedMikeDined on 8/31/2014Was recommended by a local. Great place to eat and have a couple of drinks. Great service! Wife's steak wasn't hot when it came out. Really, only complaint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Modis is tops!sjltDined on 8/30/2014Creative, diverse menu, interesting & delicious preparation of food and lovely presentation. Nice variety of background music with lively fun vibe. This is NOT your hamburger joint. Best up-scale restaurant in Breck! Highly recommend both the hoisin chicken and the saddle of lamb. Get a table on the second level if you'd like a view of the setting sun over the mountains and a little quieter location. It's very nice to see the owner actively overseeing everything to ensure top service to her clients.Special Features:
- Awesome food yet againOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/27/2014This is our second time there and I think it was even better. We were seated upstairs and hadn't been up there. Really gorgeous views!! Would recommend sitting upstairs before the sun goes down to see the mountains.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/16/2014Have dined here many times and it never disappoints!Special Features:
- Really loud, but good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/15/2014Menu was not as good as usual. Food was good, I had Asian chicken. It was really good, but lamb shoulder I had on a previous night was disappointing. Not really a stand alone cut of meat. Interesting wine list. Seemed noisier than usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodTexasgirlDined on 8/15/2014Second time we have taken out of town guests to Modis for dinner. The food is excellent. There were several gluten free choices for one one of our guests. The wine list is outstanding and they always have wine specials. The only drawback to a perfect experience is the noise level which is very highSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second visit not up to first1MHFoodieVIPDined on 8/1/2014We dined a second time in a week following an impressive family dinner. Unfortunately, the second visit without the grandkids wasn't up to par. Timing and service were terrible. We felt rushed as our soup arrived with our cocktails. The cauliflower soup was tasty but only like warm, and the kale garnish was tough and unnecessary. My entree, the flank steak, arrived lukewarm as well as rarer than I would like. The server didn't ask after us until it was time for the tip to be determined. Apparently Friday might isn't the might to dine at Modis.Special Features:
- MehOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/1/2014We had high hopes for this pretty restaurant but our service was not so good. It was disappointing to say the least.
- RyanRDined on 7/27/2014The food was phenomenal, and the handcrafted cocktails were great as well. The service and demeanor of management left a lot to be desired. The server, who neglected to tell us her name greeted us by saying "if you don't see me, I'm not ignoring you, I have other tables with more needs." It was so nice to know our experience was important to her, and of course while we were celebrating my birthday. Rude throughout the meal. Front of house management was also extremely rude. Food was well worth the price from appetizers to main dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Breck DinnerDinnersDined on 7/26/2014great dinner, great bar, great staff. love this place! Will go back every time I am in Breck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite place in BreckCTFLSnobirdDined on 7/26/2014We love Modis. Good diverse menu, nice wine list, great service. Staff is very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BestSuperbVIPDined on 7/23/2014We certainly did not go to every restaurant in Breckenridge during our 7+ day stay. Of the ones we went to, this was the BEST. We had Popcorn Cauliflower - unusual and very tasty; Mediterranean salad - tasty & fresh; Colorado Lamb - succulent and flavorful; Bass - well prepared and delicious. Nate, our server, was busy but attentive and helpful. We will return when next in Breckenridge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st trip to BreckTraciPDined on 7/11/2014Nice location on Main Street, try to get a table upstairs, very nice views. The pork belly appetizer was terrific, both entrees (fish of the moment and the ribs) were excellent. Would be nice up see a larger beer selection given the number of microbreweries in Colorado, but overall, nice date night and a really good meal.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceDeltaDawnDined on 7/10/2014I have been to Modis several times while vacationing in Breckenridge, and it quickly became my favorite restaurant in town. I took a group of colleagues from Washington that were in Summit County for a meeting - everyone got something different, and everyone loved their food. Service is always very knowledgeable and efficient.Special Features:
- Not a fanLLenDined on 7/6/2014Sorry, Modis. I had high hopes. The food was just mediocre. However, my jalapeno lemon drop was worth going back for happy hour.
- Great Yet Again!CPReviewsVIPDined on 7/4/2014Wonderful food, great service and, per usual, an outstanding dinning experience! Hands down our favorite place in Breckenridge.Special Features:
- Great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/4/2014Randy was personable, responsive, and a wonderful server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodies enjoy, i'll passdpeteDined on 7/3/2014Limited menu, very unusual flavor combinations. Great service, great location on Main. Large specialty drink menu, very strong!Special Features:
- JudyledererVIPDined on 7/3/2014outstanding and enjoyable as usual. Did not disappoint and our guests were very happy.Special Features:
- Fantastic ExperiencekrknoppDined on 6/30/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at Modis. It was so nice to get food that was worth the money we paid for it, not only because it was good quality food, but also because it took some creativity on the chef's part. Dessert was also wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food , but Slow Night.river3Dined on 6/28/2014The food was great. The waitress was good, but the food and drinks came out way to slow.. they need more Service staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 486 reviews are from the Modis reviews archive.
- First Time visit to ModisshortyVIPDined on 6/23/2014I seldom comment on restaurants, good or bad, but I was so impressed with Modis, I had to write a review. My wife and I are enthusiastic "foodies" and "winies", and enjoy trying out many different restaurants. For us, Modis was a real find. We had dinner on a Tuesday evening, so it was reasonably quiet. We ate on the upper level, and it was 3/4 full. Noise level was quite reasonable. The food is remarkable, with creative mix of flavor and texture. Imagine a Sriacha caesar salad (spicy), or hanger steak with mini tamales! The wine list is extensive and reasonably priced, with MANY wines available by the glass. Service was equally good, albeit on a Tuesday evening. For us Modis is a keeper, and we look forward to dining there againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not necessary to put hot sauce in!riverambianceDined on 6/20/2014We were astonished to find out that the Caesar Salad had hot pepper sauce laced throughout the salad dressing! Our waiter kindly took it back to the kitchen and exchanged it for a house salad... nice historic building restored!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- surprise find in the mountainsButterfly14Dined on 6/17/2014While vacationing in Breckenridge, my husband and I dined at several restaurants. Finding Modis was like finding a hidden gem. The food was good but the atmosphere, staff and drink menu made this place a must return destination. We returned 4 times in our one week vacation! ! Can't wait to get back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumGastronomissDined on 6/13/2014Very good food, great flavor, good service. The deserts are amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.