113 S. Main Street
Breckenridge, CO 80424Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.modisbreck.com/
- Phone: (970) 453-4330
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 2 daily Happy Hours 3-6 p.m. and 9-11 p.m (first come first serve). and Dinner Service starts at 5:00 p.m. and goes to around 9:30 p.m. **Please note that we do not accept happy hour reservations, all reservations made are for dinner service.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Simon Gilna
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Modis
Colorado contemporary cuisine with an urban feel in a vibrant eclectic atmosphere. At Modis we focus on the art of food, drink, and life. Over 40 wines by the glass plus a full bar featuring a wide variety of craft and pre-prohibition style cocktails. Come in and check out our seasonally changing menus, art, and music.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Modis reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (33)special occasion (21)neighborhood gem (20)vibrant bar scene (20)hot spot (16)romantic (12)good for groups (11)late-night find (9)great for outdoor dining (8)notable wine list (7)scenic view (7)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great Food , but Slow Night.river3Dined on 6/28/2014The food was great. The waitress was good, but the food and drinks came out way to slow.. they need more Service staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time visit to ModisshortyVIPDined on 6/23/2014I seldom comment on restaurants, good or bad, but I was so impressed with Modis, I had to write a review. My wife and I are enthusiastic "foodies" and "winies", and enjoy trying out many different restaurants. For us, Modis was a real find. We had dinner on a Tuesday evening, so it was reasonably quiet. We ate on the upper level, and it was 3/4 full. Noise level was quite reasonable. The food is remarkable, with creative mix of flavor and texture. Imagine a Sriacha caesar salad (spicy), or hanger steak with mini tamales! The wine list is extensive and reasonably priced, with MANY wines available by the glass. Service was equally good, albeit on a Tuesday evening. For us Modis is a keeper, and we look forward to dining there againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not necessary to put hot sauce in!riverambianceDined on 6/20/2014We were astonished to find out that the Caesar Salad had hot pepper sauce laced throughout the salad dressing! Our waiter kindly took it back to the kitchen and exchanged it for a house salad... nice historic building restored!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- surprise find in the mountainsButterfly14Dined on 6/17/2014While vacationing in Breckenridge, my husband and I dined at several restaurants. Finding Modis was like finding a hidden gem. The food was good but the atmosphere, staff and drink menu made this place a must return destination. We returned 4 times in our one week vacation! ! Can't wait to get back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumGastronomissDined on 6/13/2014Very good food, great flavor, good service. The deserts are amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VacationHoustonVIPDined on 6/6/2014The restaurant is in a good location. Food is ok but is over priced. Restaurant associates were too interested in chatting among themselves instead of waiting on customers timely. It seems to be a spot for locals and others are treated with less attention.Special Features:
- Not impressed on this visitDarleneVIPDined on 5/7/2014We ordered two cocktails asking for descriptions of how they tasted and they we're horrible. I couldn't even drink it . The waitress should have offered to make something else or taking it off the bill. Blue River Bistro is much much better.Special Features:
- We're never disappointed with ModiscatshadowVIPDined on 5/3/2014Even though it is mud season in Breckenridge, Modis was "hopping" on Saturday night...it was very busy! We were glad we had made a reservation! The service was excellent and the food tasted great! We had a table by the window upstairs, so had a great view of the snow-capped mountains. We dine at Modis whenever we get up to Breckenridge, and the dining experience is always a positive one!Special Features:
- Dog in the barscott5864VIPDined on 5/2/2014The food & service where god as always but there was a dog in the bar at first then it was brought in to the seating area.This is wrong i like dogs but not in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spot on MainbeamsmithVIPDined on 4/18/2014Great old wooden bar. Interior is fantastic. Request a seat upstairs for more dining ambiance. Stay at the old wooden bar for a more casual setting. Menu is short but tasty. Cheese plate is my personal fav.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- highly impressederghammerVIPDined on 4/15/2014First time in Breckenridge, found this place just searching around on OpenTable. Oh man, what a great surprise. Everything was delicious--the weird miso vegetable soup (I cannot do it justice with words), the bread (simple things done right), the lamb, my scallops, the cookie sundae with caramel gelato, all of it delicious. The owner and her family were sitting next to us; she asked us how we were doing before we left and we ended up having a nice conversation. Final kudos for the cool art hanging on the walls. This is a cool looking place that has innovative and hearty food. I hope to come back and will be pleased to refer this place to all my friends.Special Features:
- MEHdisspacemanVIPDined on 4/15/2014This place is so average, it hurts. The menu comes from both coasts, circa 2002. Nothing innovative. Way too rich. Seems like they watched Top Chef and tried to recreate the winning dishes, poorly. Only standout: The Ramen. If you find yourself stuck at Modis, the ramen is your only salvation.
- Not your run of the mill restaurantHalfpintDined on 4/9/2014We usually go to Modis every time we're in Breckenridge. They have unusual food combinations which we find quite creative. Service has alwasy been very good.Special Features:
- great food, great art, great timeLaurieDined on 4/5/2014We like to try a new place in Breckenridge each year, but this one will have us returning to it. We had truffle fries as an appetizer - we were starving after a long day on the slopes - and they hit the spot. Rather than our usual "let's each get something different and share with one another" we both had the strip steak with Brussels sprouts and potatoes. The sauce was a tiny bit too salty for me but delicious nonetheless. The meat was done to perfection. I had a Beseiged wine that was lovely though a tad expensive ($10 a glass or $35 a bottle, for a wine that you can buy for $15 a bottle at a local shop) and I had to have two glasses! The art in Modis comes from "Art on a Whim" - a local studio, and is just gorgeous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in BreckJonMVIPDined on 4/3/2014Modis delivered fantastic, inventive food. From appetizer to dessert, everything was delicious. The truffles were amazing and our server was attentive without being disruptive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- salad not so good-all else goodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/30/2014We went to Modis for a light dinner - soup and salad especially the "Kitchen Sink" salad The soup as usual was delicious but the kitchen sink salad was disappointing. The greens were not fresh and rather wilted and the additions that make it the kitchen sink were skimpy We will return to Modis though because the food is usually outstandingSpecial Features:
- Great scallop and pork bellyOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/29/2014Great scallop and pork belly dish! ramen not so good. best food in breck i think.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Modis has nice selectionsSllkDined on 3/28/2014Our first time to eat at Modis. We had the mussels appetizer, very delicious with the warm bread to soak up the broth. Then the Arugula, greens salad - split - and was ample for two people. It was also good without being overdressed. Split the hangar steak entree. It was cooked to medium rare as requested, the brussels sprouts and potato were good. The meal was very satisfying both quantity and quality. Sitting upstairs is quieter. If you want to be where the action is, sit downstairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and FunFoodcritic14Dined on 3/26/2014Great food. Family of four loved every bite. Strongly recommend the Lamb T-Bone and Bison Short-Ribs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- decentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/24/2014Great concept, not well executed, crostini's on BLT salad were colorless and not toasted at a high enough temperature, the bacon lardons were clumsily cut. Smoked shrimp app was overcooked, rubbery shrimp, shisito peppers were pretty tasty. Scallop carbonara was good, scallops were perfectly cooked, though tazzo ham was cut up too thick and the sauce was heavy on the cream and stodgy. That was the best dish that we had. The ramen was ok but boring, dressed with too many fried things, the broth was kind of bland. The cocktails were delicious and the service was fantastic.Special Features:
- DisappointingcarolfbirdVIPDined on 3/22/2014We ate at Modis in 2012 and thought it was wonderful. Unfortunately our return visit was not the same experience. The food was uninspiring and the restaurant was quite noisy.
- Good Food, Mediocre ServicePRLandLamboDined on 3/21/2014Two of us had fantastic dinners, while my husband's was surprisingly average (he said his strip steak was absolutely bland with virtually no seasoning but the brussel sprouts were tasty). The appetizers were very good (quinoa rolls and a gordita). The sound level was rather loud but we didn't find ourselves yelling to be heard. Our server had a bizarre habit of talking to us while glancing at himself repeatedly in the mirror behind our table as if he couldn't get enough of himself, his act got old quickly; he was attentive to filling our water glasses though. We'd give Modis another chance but not before sampling other recommended restaurants in the downtown area. We'd try Modis again possibly after sampling other local Breck restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- titlebZimDined on 3/21/2014I head up to Breck about every 3 months for a weekend out on the town. The food at Modis is delicious. The atmosphere is louder than if you went out for a nice meal in somewhere like Denver, but mild for a restaurant in Breck. Service was outstanding and the overall meal was a great way to end the day and get ready to hit up the night life.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/20/2014The smoked Manhattan lived up to its hype and the black bean falafel veg dinner was outstanding. We did not have much room left after devouring the artisanal meat/cheese plate appetizers. Delicious food. Great service. We will be back for certain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Last Night in BreckDamianDined on 3/20/2014My wife and I were looking for a restaurant to celebrate the end of an amazing week in Breckenridge and Modis was exactly what we wanted. The restaurant had this cool, classy vibe that still made us feel completely comfortable. The chicken stuffed with spinach and cheese was amazing and the wine paring was perfect. Definitely recommend it to anyone wanting a special night out or to celebrate the end of an amazing trip.Special Features:
- Breck GemHungryVIPDined on 3/20/2014First time and the food was outstanding and the service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food only eclipsed by the serviceJCStarnesVIPDined on 3/18/2014Can't praise our waitress enough! She suggested great cocktails, the best starters, and a super tasty tuna main. Great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mussel MadnessFoodyDined on 3/17/2014I love this restaurant! The thing that initially attracted me was the mussels, and I have them for an appetizer every time I go. The only drawback is that their somewhat limited menu is heavy on cheese- it's hard to find a dish that doesn't include cheese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went to Modis for our vacationTexasSkierDined on 3/16/2014We went to Modis for our vacation last year and was looking forward to a return visit. The menu had not changed much but they are now adding Jalapenos to just about every dish which completely destroys the flavor.
- Couldn't get enoughOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/13/2014I have been here before on a separate trip and remembered how wonderful their drink menu was. I was impressed then and this remained that way after the fourth or fifth visit now. Instead of trying other establishments we continued to retrieve back there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't disappointOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/12/2014Have visited Modis on several occassions and have not been disappointed. Great menu selection. Great wine list. Fabulous service. Making a reservation is recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spring Break VisitwreckfanVIPDined on 3/11/2014Had an enjoyable time with family at Modis. Food choices were eclectic and family friendly at same time. Thankfully, the Manager stopped by the table to recommend the smoked infused manhattans - might be the finest cocktail ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome happy hourFoodguruVIPDined on 3/10/2014Got there for happy hour. Great specials. Ended up staying for dinner Scallops were excellent. Great drinks too. The Vieux Carre was one of the best. Rivals New Orleans where it was invented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good timeMejamVIPDined on 3/10/2014We really enjoyed our dining experience. My boys loved their food off of the kids menu. We'll definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gem in BreckMNFoodieDined on 3/10/2014Perfect place for a couple to grab upscale quality food without the hassle of formal environment. We left the kids in the condo and had a nice adult dinner for two. Drink menu was fantastic-- make sure you order a "smoked" drink as they are not on the menu!Special Features:
- My Favorite BreckenridgeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/6/2014love the food, experience and atmosphere. One of our favorites. cheers great job and never disappoints. 3 years in a row.Special Features:
- Fantastic Breck Find!SusanDined on 3/3/2014Must have a reservation. 4 pages of amazing mixology cocktails. A little pricey at $12 each. Servers were appologetic for the slowserviceas they were short staffed. Food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eclectic ClientalOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/3/2014Excellent food, where they were able to adjust the menu to requests, which lead to an outstanding meal. We did get delivered the wrong drink, but this was corrected before we said anything. Great timeSpecial Features:
- Great timewineloverVIPDined on 3/2/2014Visiting Breckenridge from Chicago. I am a wine drinker and Modis was a treat. The owner is also the somm. She steered us around the reserve list. We chose a 2007 (great vintage) Cardinale's Peak from Terlato. Really enjoyed it. Food was great. The ambiance was fun. We ate early 5:45pm... it was the only time available on open table. And there were still some Apres -ski drinkers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bar with great Upstairs DiningMonikaVIPDined on 3/2/2014Really enjoyed the upstairs dining area, more intimate than the downstairs area past the crowded bar; the cold smoked shrimp with roasted peppers were unbelievable as well as the Tomahawk pork chop and lets not forget the Rocky Mountain tart: high end ingredients, nice presentation and great wait staff. Husband and I were sharing the various dishes without any issues. A relatively cheap desert wine we ordered was not available and the bar hostess went out of her way to bring 3 alternatives. We ended up with a good size (excellent) Finger Lakes ice wine for the same price. Unbelievable service. Will be back for sure.Special Features: