5410 E. High Street
North Phoenix, AZ 85054Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://modernmargarita.com/
- Phone: (602) 795-8111
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Regional Mexican, Mexican
- Executive Chef: Mark Dow
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For parties of 15 or more contact Events@forkanddagger.com
- Special Events: For parties of 15 or more contact Events@forkanddagger.com
- Cross Street: Deer Valley Road between Tatum & 56th Street Exits off the 101
- Public Transit: Valley Metro Bus: Deer Valley Rd & Marriott Dr
- Parking: No
- Parking Details: Free on-street parking on High Street, to the east there's a large lot, to the north there's a lot and there's a public garage to the west.
A word from Modern Margarita
A fresh spin on the traditional; featuring a large selection of freshly made margs, cocktails, gourmet street tacos, burgers, fresh guacamole, salsa, skewers and sharing-plates. High-quality, locally sourced food and beverages. A 1,200 square foot patio where guests can enjoy daily happy hour from 11am - 6:30pm. Unusual margaritas include rhubarb, hibiscus, prickly pear, cucumber and other modern approaches to the classic margarita.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Modern Margarita - Best Restaurants in Phoenix ›
Modern Margarita reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (14)vibrant bar scene (12)good for groups (12)hot spot (11)fit for foodies (9)neighborhood gem (8)great for lunch (6)special occasion (3)kid-friendly (3)romantic (1)Show More
- Ambiance, margaritas and service!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014I had an absolutely great experience this Saturday night with my entire family on the patio for my Fathers Bitlrthday. A very diverse group and everybody was pleased and LOVED THE HAPPY HOUR MENU AND MARGARITAS! I wish I could remember the waitresses name because she was a delight!!! We forgot a birthday card and she every sprinted to our car to give it to us!!! Thank you so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommend for cocktails & dinner.2NightOwlsDined on 11/15/2014I was first introduced to Modern Margarita by my girlfriends. I love the atmosphere and the outdoor seating. The winter evenings are my favorite. Love the heaters. In the summer months it can be a little uncomfortable sitting outside even with the misters, but what are you going to do? It's Phoenix. The food and the service has always been excellent and tonight was no exception. Our server was great, though I can't remember her name. This last visit I took my husband and he loved it. I knew he would. Now that its winter we will be visiting often. Thanks for a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Okay on AmbianceLovetoEatDined on 11/4/2014Went with friends during Happy Hour. The food was outstanding, from the guacamole & onion rings to the street tacos. The (free) salsa was smoky & flavorful, with just the right amount of kick. We'll probably have to order a different salsa next time just to try it. If you're a Margarita drinker this is probably the place for you, but if you're into wine, the selection is extremely limited. We sat at an inside booth, & it was a bit noisy, but not so bad that we couldn't hear each other. The light on the table smelled like jet fuel - the odor was overpowering. Our server was charming, funny & very attentive. Overall, a good experience & we'll go back, hoping they extend the wine menu & get rid of the table lights!Special Features:
- Great foodDLnGLDined on 10/29/2014The food was unique and delicious. We sat on the patio and the restaurant was very energetic. Fun for a night out w friends and also family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodToscanaReviewersDined on 10/24/2014The food at Modern Margarita is always good. We live close-by and have been here several times and we're always happy with the drinks, food, and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go For Happy HourRandyMorningwoodDined on 10/10/2014$5 Margaritas. Good $5 Margaritas. Attentive service. Ask for Adrian. 'Nuff said.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemnjfranVIPDined on 9/27/2014Excellent salsa and fish tacos. Glad we ventured into City North since we would return to sample other menu items.Special Features:
- Great tacosMssybrittyVIPDined on 9/18/2014I always get the chicken tacos, love them. Always have great service! Friendly staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun placeGraceVIPDined on 9/14/2014the food is really good, but the place is very noisey. Hard to hear someone at the other side of the table.Special Features:
- Modern MargaritaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014Great place for drinks and good food, intersting twist on mexican food. Not at all traditional mexican.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh food; wimpy cocktailEmilyVIPDined on 8/23/2014My husband, daughter, and I recently went for lunch. We were told to seat ourselves so we were concerned about getting credit for the reservation. We had to mention it before they looked us up in their system. Their complimentary salsa is VERY good- just the right amount of heat. They serve you a big bowl of chips with it so there is no need to order more. They have a good kids menu and all their food is clearly fresh with good quality ingredients. The only downside was that their margaritas were very heavy on the ice. We ordered one "middle" sized Sonoran to share and each only had a few sips before we were left with just ice. Otherwise, we were very happy with our meal!Special Features:
- The following 11 reviews are from the Modern Margarita reviews archive.
- Great Tacos!RosygalDined on 7/5/2014Easy seating on a Saturday afternoon. Excellent pork tacos and delish margaritas! I was worried it wouldn't be kid friendly, but it was great. They have a nice kids menu. This would be great place for date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Evening, food good service not!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014Been there twice and both times I enjoyed the food and vibe, but the service really wasn't great the second time. Would still recommend it, hopefully you get a better server!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just ok for the expensive $$creeDined on 6/3/2014You're paying for the bar scene i guess. Our waiter wasn't the best and could have been a little nicer. Plus he didn't refill our drinks or chips until we asked. Probably won't be back for a while.Special Features:
- TimADined on 5/30/2014Food is very good, although the food takes too long to come from the kitchen for the couple of times we've dined at Modern Margarita. Consider expanding kitchen abilities to have the food served more timely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome street tacos!margaritagirlDined on 5/11/2014I absolutely loved this place! It was very relaxing on the patio. Great food and excellent service. I would definitely recommend the pork tacos and margarita w/prickly pear syrup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!Dster1960VIPDined on 4/19/2014Best margaritas ever! Outstanding service. Fish and Shrimp tacos are excellent choices. Grilled seafood....not fried!!Special Features:
- Happy HourHoodyDined on 4/14/2014Great gem for happy hour as the Margaritas and Street Tacos are the best! Oh, and the chips and salsas are to die for. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservations....notOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/11/2014I struggle with making a "reservation" for a specific time and then having to still wait 30-45 minutes for a table......that is not a reservation process.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- superlicious tacos & margsshawneevDined on 3/28/2014Excellent street tacos and Margaritas! Fairly priced and great smaller menu. Something for everyone in your group. Highly recommend for a vibrant date night, lunch or for a night out with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Make It SpecialFoodFreakDined on 3/23/2014Order the Taco Flight that has 5 different flavors, 3 each and it is served on a long board with all the tacos standing up in a very colorful, yummy presentation. Our friends from out-of-town were impressed and pleased with the taste. Fun! We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent MargaritasMargloverDined on 2/21/2014Love the margaritas. I think they are the best in town. The chicken street tacos were also excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.