MoCA Asian Bistro
1300 Peninsula Blvd.
Hewlett, NY 11557Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $31 to $50
MoCA Asian Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mocaus.com/
- Phone: 5162958888
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:15pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:15pm; Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 12:30pm - 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Master Hon, Master Ken
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We will provide server, supervisor and kitchen staff to your place. We will provide utensil and other necessary equipments, including sushi case. Off premise catering is available. Please inquire for more details.
- Private Party Facilities: The Party Room is located between the Bar and the Open Kitchen. This room can accommodate up to thirty-five people. Sliding doors are offered to provide privacy, if desired. This space is ideal for a gathering of friends and families celebrating special occasions.
- Private Party Contact: Ivan Zhong 5162958888
- Entertainment: From Sushi & Sashimi to Thai mango Prawns and Chilean Sea Bass to Peking duck, MoCA’s customers have an enormous variety of dishes from which to choose. And with our trendy elegant decor, contemporary atmosphere, tempting cocktails, wines and sake, MoCA is, without doubt, the ideal dining location to spend time with family and friends.
A word from MoCA Asian Bistro
MoCA, as diners may wonder, stands for modern Culinary Art, a blended name that reflects our concept of MoCA Asian Bistro; i.e., a dining facility that blends contemporary style, cozy atmosphere, fine services and authentic Asian foods. Located in Long Island’s Hewlett Shopping Center, MoCA shines like a 1000-watt bulb in a darkened room, eye-catching in the already bustling shopping center. MoCA’s unique and distinctive interior design combines the ambiance of Chinese, Japanese and Thai restaurants. The contemporary decor includes a sleek, studied space, accented in orange and blue, with a soundtrack suitable for a club. As diners enter the huge and heavy glass door, they arrive in the Waiting Area. Adjacent to the Waiting Area is the Modern Bar. Customers can choose from a large selection of top shelf wines and cocktails. While sitting at the bar, patrons are able to watch the big-screen television and/or the chefs as they cook in the glassed Open Kitchen.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
MoCA Asian Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (6)good for groups (2)romantic (2)special occasion (2)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)fit for foodies (1)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- great service and fresh sushiHypaDined on 7/5/2014They had my name at the door when we arrived. Perfect!y m bf and I had the sashimi chef special and it was totally worth it! The special rolls are typical buy still tasty. We had sake from a carafe and it came in an awesome bamboo holder. Definitely did not expect this in Hewlett!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Asian gourmet !MBellDined on 6/28/2014I have been here a few times and it's always good !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WAK2013VIPDined on 6/15/2014A creative pan-asian neighborhood restaurant that meets our needs when we are not in the CityI would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 38 reviews are from the MoCA Asian Bistro reviews archive.
- Local SpotMissMDined on 5/11/2014This was my second time visiting Moca. The first time was over the holidays. This time, I brought my Mom & Sis for Mother's Day. I enjoyed my meal and the ambiance on both visits. This time, the waiter was not that great but I believe it was a language barrier more than anything. As a result, it put a slight damper on things but I didn't let it ruin my lunch. I would visit Moca again.Special Features:
- the food is always delicious.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/16/2014the food is always delicious. the service is pleasant but very disorganzied. we've been there many times before and will go back again.Special Features:
- Great SelectionJWrightDined on 1/12/2014So many different choices from the asian culture. Different seafoods and sushi's, chances are you'll find something you absolutely love. I had the Chilean Char Grilled Sea Bass and it had such an outstanding texture and flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, service andJorgerDined on 12/14/2013Excellent food, service and surroundings. What else could you ask for? Perfect fusion Asian cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good choiceRalquikDined on 9/24/2013My girlfriend and I decided to have dinner to celebrate her promotion. We chose to go to Moca, a local and always reliable restaurant. As usual, the service and food were outstanding. This restaurant is always a great choice for date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was so so. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/26/2013The service was so so. The fire alarm somehow got tripped and throughout 15 minutes, just a lot of strobe lights and a blasting alarm and they said it's no problem.
- Good!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/12/2013The service and food was not bad. Have had Chinese food at other restaurants which has been far better.Special Features:
- I enjoyed the Mango JumboBossladyDined on 2/22/2013I enjoyed the Mango Jumbo Prawn dinner served in the mango shell.Special Features:
- We had reservations for twoOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2013We had reservations for two at 7:30 on a weeknight. We were seated at the bar for about 10 minutes before we were seated at our table. The waiter promptly took our drink order but it took nearly 15 minutes to actually be served our drinks. The food order followed the same pattern; prompt attention when asking for our order but it took quite awhile between being served our appetizers and our entrees. The food was excellent, the presentation also excellent. The background music was a little loud and at times, droning. The decor is pleasant and modern; on par with similar restaurants in NYC. The prices were reasonabe considering the type of food and the menu offered a tremendous selection.Special Features:
- Great Service - Interesting Sushi -FatRat250VIPDined on 12/19/2012Tuna sandwich (special) sushi was diffeent and good. Had a few rolls that were not the same old same old - place was good and the fish fresh. Service was great - very nice waiter and always checked on me and kept my sodas full. Go - its good, if a little pricey.Special Features:
- We have eaten at MoCA manyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/4/2012We have eaten at MoCA many times. We love the decor and lighting at night. We have always had a table ready when we arrive if we made a reservation (highly recommended because it gets crowded on Saturday evening). The services is very prompt. You can eat and get out if you need to. The food is very good. You should try the Thai crabcakes and Thai crispy chicken.Special Features:
- Sushi was unique and fresh,JenaVIPDined on 12/23/2011Sushi was unique and fresh, fun ambiance, but service was lacking considering they seemed over staffed.Special Features:
- Very nice people, servicesteveDined on 12/3/2011Very nice people, service vg, we stuck to sushi & a dumpling app but the rest of the menu looked interesting and appealing. I liked the atmosphere of the place, too.Special Features:
- Staff is very friendly. FastOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/18/2011Staff is very friendly. Fast service. Decor is very chic.Special Features:
- The flavors and ambiance areAudreyVIPDined on 11/12/2011The flavors and ambiance are just wonderful! Service a little slower between courses is the only recommendation I have. You can control that, however, by just ordering one course at a time so that it doesn't all come out at once. Very pleasant and very enjoyable.Special Features:
- Great Date OptionRalquikDined on 9/11/2011Great overall dining experience. The ambiance is exceptional, you get the Manhattan feel without the long trek from Long Island. The food was delicious, nothing was left behind on our plates. Looking forward to my next visit!Special Features:
- Although this resturant hadOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/26/2011Although this resturant had a certain "flair", it was a bit over priced.
- OK, but there are better choicesFirebird44VIPDined on 7/15/2011The food was good, but nothing special. There are many Long Island restaurants with better sushi and Asian food at lower prices. Service was good. The decor was modern and pretty, but the dining room was much too noisy, with incredibly bad disco-beat music. I mean, why?
- hope the fish is fresher next timeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/25/2011hmmm...it was my first time at this restaurant when I dined with my family on 6/26. I took my parents here for lunch for their anniversary. I wasn't so happy with the fish but the peking duck and the dimsum was a winner! I felt that the snapper we ordered wasn't so fresh. i love the whole artsy set up of the food but the plates were just too big and heavy.Special Features:
- LI Asian at its bestOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 2/14/2011Good for a LI restaurant. Great decor, food is good.Special Features:
- Great foodie place !!!MBellDined on 2/5/2011Mocha is a great Asian eatery - I usually patron the queens blvd location but me and the Mrs wanted to stay clse to the home front and decided to try this location - This location was very nice - great bar area - spacious dining area and the food was Also great!!! Will be bck !!!Special Features:
- Sushi and sushimi was freshOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/9/2011Sushi and sushimi was fresh and delicious. Brunch was not true brunch more like regular dining from menu. Overall beautiful place excellent service and delicious foodSpecial Features:
- Consistent excellent and creativeWAK2013VIPDined on 1/4/2011Consistent excellent and creative Pan-asian food. Where we go when going into the City is not an optionSpecial Features:
- This one is better than theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/25/2010This one is better than the one in Queens. It seemed more affordable. The portions are too small.Special Features:
- not really a romantic placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/11/2010not really a romantic place but well decorated and a good looking restaurant. The food was very good, nice presentation, perfectly cooked and tasty. the dessert was excellent and appeared to be prepared by an italian dessert chef. the waitstaff are a little awkward but not bad, just need a little better direction.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere. My husbandWaldenPHDDined on 8/21/2010Great atmosphere. My husband and I celebrated our anniversary and upon arrival was greeted with "Congratulations".Special Features:
- The food was delish!!!! TheOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/25/2010The food was delish!!!! The shrimp dumplings were sooooo good that when we finished them we placed a order for a second order! I had the mango chicken , it was really good , I would recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- The Food was very good. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 11/21/2009The Food was very good. The Service was better than I had expected, and I was very pleased. The value of the Entire Dinning Experience was Outstanding.Special Features:
- Excellent food, very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 9/15/2009Excellent food, very good atmosphere and truly attentive service. A manhattan feel in a shopping mall. Definte return.Special Features:
- MoCA Asian Bistro was fabulous!JeanetteDined on 8/7/2009MoCA Asian Bistro was fabulous! My Mocatinis were paradise in a glass. The service was unprecedented. I cannot remember the last time I ate at a restaurant where the waitstaff and management were so present yet not overwhelmly so. And the food, the glorious food! I ordered the Mini Rolls, MoCA Field Green Salad, Crunchy Spicy Mango Tuna Tartar, Indian Pancake and Boneless B.B.Q. Spare Ribs and was blown away by each course. Each plate tantalized the senses and I can't wait to return to try some of the other menu items.Special Features:
- Efficient, adequate restaurant. NiOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/25/2009Efficient, adequate restaurant. Nice lunch menu. Location in a second-class shopping mall would eliminate any need to be pretentious. MoCa should concentrate on being an efficient, down to earth restaurant.
- Basic Chinese/Japanese RestaurantGary1Dined on 6/20/2009Basic Chinese/Japanese Restaurant with higher prices.
- As a manager who work in hospitalitOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2009As a manager who work in hospitality industry, first rule of thumb is not to blame the guest. I've asked to switch a table due to being too close to the other tables and having servers keep bumping on the table. Manager came and told us that we should ask in the beginning for the booth and we should understand because it's a Valentines Day. Another Manager came to us with an additude and hostess came after. We did not start the fire! We've simply asked for quieter table. I thought it ruined the whole food experience and defeats hospitality curture when we start blaming the guest for being busy.
- Dissapointed overall. WasLuvetodineoutVIPDined on 2/7/2009Dissapointed overall. Was basic chineese food with some sushi add on's. We would not go back.
- The quality and creativityWAK2013VIPDined on 1/24/2009The quality and creativity of the food is excellent - on par with "Manhattan". This is truly an Asian small plate paradise worth returning to because there are so many interesting options, one must come back many times just to sample them all. 2 minor criticisms The coconut sorbet desert is wonderful but is begging for chocolate(eg tuille) of some sort instead of the cloying, pedestrian whipped cream with strawberry. The black cod was masterfully prepared with a coating made of what only can be described as the thinnest phyllo you have ever experienced. As the heat comes off the fish, the membrane-like coating (large flakes that stick out) moves - making the plate come alive But the sweet/thick aioli.sauce overpowers the fish-avoid saucSpecial Features:
- This is a great place to tryOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 11/22/2008This is a great place to try a variety of Asian foods: Thai, shushi, Japanese, etc. We loved pretty much everything we tried. We ordered a numch of things for all of us to share and really loved the menu's size and explanations. The service was great. We were two couples that needed some time to talk before we could focus on the menu and we were not rushed at all. Favorites: coconut soup, lemon grass soup, goyza, birds nest, thai lettuce wraps, pad thai, ceviche, but there were so many others! We never tried dessert because we ordered a lot of food!Special Features:
- Nice atmosphere and good food.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/18/2008Nice atmosphere and good food. Price was right.....great hot green tea....a must try. Out of control roll was great!Special Features: