2108 N 55th St
Seattle, WA 98103Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ethanstowellrestaurants.com/mkt/
- Phone: 2068121580x
- Hours of Operation:
Fri & Sat 5pm-11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Joe Ritchie
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
A word from mkt.
mkt. - pronounced "market" - is an intimate restaurant in an intimate Seattle neighborhood know as Tangletown, between Wallingford and Greenlake. It gets its name from Meridian, the traditional name for the neighborhood; the historic Keystone Building that it’s housed in; and Tangletown, as the area is now known. Joe Ritchie"s kitchen serves thoughtful, contemporary American fare with a dedication to Northwest products.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
mkt. reviews from OpenTable diners
133 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (114)neighborhood gem (95)special occasion (62)romantic (40)notable wine list (34)hot spot (26)great for outdoor dining (20)late-night find (4)good for groups (3)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Perfection!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014Delicious food, tasty drinks, great service and a fun atmosphere. We will definitely be going back soon!Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014You cannot choose something off of this menu you won't like. The food is amazing, service is stupendous, and the overall experience perfect.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014This being our first visit, we were dismayed to wait standing outside for almost 25 minutes even though we arrived on time for our reservation that had been confirmed that day. The table at which we were seated was clean, set, and available for the entire wait time. Once we were seated, the service was very good. Food was really interesting and well prepared. Our server was knowledgable and helpful in choosing dishes that would work well together and we had a great time and will recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food heavenOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/17/2014There wasn't a wrong note to be had. Every dish was amazingly good. The cod was a revelation, putting all other cod I've ever had in the dust. The wine recommended by our server went beautifully with our selections. I look forward to returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ellieDined on 9/16/2014The food was delicious, as it has been on the three other occasions that I went to Mkt. Our server, Ani, was incredible. She was attentive, gave very helpful suggestions and even allowed us to have a taste of a few wines that we were deciding between.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Experience!foodlover604Dined on 9/14/2014From the service, to the wine, to the sharing of an array of delicious unique dishes, it was a dining experience we'll never forget! We will be back for sure!Special Features:
- small, noisy and HOT!AdainSeattleVIPDined on 9/13/20144 of us dined here and sat at a table which backed up to the kitchen divider...the 2 who were sitting abutting the kitchen had the heat of the kitchen on their backs all night, but all of us were HOT. Even in winter I'm thinking those seats would be too warm. We were disappointed in the food- we tasted a good portion of the menu and found many items heavy and fried (quail so heavily battered and then fried that it could have been anything), fried cauliflower, fried green beans (you see where the heat was coming from), not many light and refreshing options. The service was very good.Special Features:
- Fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The gnocchi is to die for. Grilled duck was spot on. Service was adequate. Another ESR in the books! Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hospitable and deliciouschoconancyDined on 9/12/2014Wonderful, thoughtfully prepared food, fresh, diverse in flavors and down right yummy. Attw give service and ambiance just quiet enough for conversation even while tables are close in the small space. The departing gift of fresh pasta was enjoyed last night. YumSpecial Features:
- Spectacular servicerarereviewerDined on 9/8/2014Food was great, but the service was amazing. Such friendly staff made the difference.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MKTSeattlefoodieDined on 9/7/2014Tiny restaurant with no air conditioning. It was a hot day & uncomfortable to sit inside for dinner. Average food but good service. Scallops and salmon were over salted and over cooked!Special Features:
- DivineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014We went for my birthday. Just the two of us. The waiter was attentive but not overly fussy. He was friendly and down to earth but clearly of a refined caliber. We got a seat at the common table which breaches the front window opening. so one person sits outside and the other inside with a great view of the moon lit street on a late summer night. With candles on the table the mood was low and quiet. Small space so very intimate with a quaint feel like a European cafe. The food was perfect.Special Features:
- Mixed feelingsLivetoeatDined on 9/3/2014Food was very good. Service was also very good...so what's the problem? Serving size was Tapas-like, but not the price. Also, the place is so tight that it is hard to relax. I hope their popularity will enable the owners to expand and move to cozier quarters.Special Features:
- Foodie Date Night Heaven!AstoriaFishPimpDined on 9/3/2014I found Mkt. while searching online for a restaurant during our visit to Seattle, it seemed to fit all the criteria we were looking for, so we went for it. It was everything we hoped for and so much more! Our server, Seth, was attentive and friendly and served us one of the best bottles of wine we've had in ages (get the Romeo Barbera). The food was fantastic, it left us wondering why in the world more people don't serve rabbit, our favorite dish of the night if we HAD to choose. The chef took time to serve us some treats in-between courses, one being a tomato gazpacho with smoked trout eggs and creme fraiche - SO GOOD. A lovely little neighborhood spot that was cozy and intimate without being pretentious. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MKTfinewineDined on 8/23/2014A really nice atmosphere with outdoor like seating and nice wine list - knowledgeable and very friendly staff - we definitely will be back if in Seattle againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very special go-to date night spot!runsararunDined on 8/21/2014The food is fantastic and you can not go wrong on the menu! The restaurant is small and intimate the service and staff are over the top! We feel really really lucky to have this amazing spot in our neighborhood but for those of you out of the zip code, worth your trip to get here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MKT DeliverschewfxDined on 8/18/2014We didn't have a bad bite of the 13 dishes we tried. Delicious food executed flawlessly. Very personable service. My only critique is that the bench and chairs were a tad uncomfortable. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/15/2014fabulous dinner, everything was great. The best food and service.
- Wonderful foodRachelDined on 8/14/2014The food is the star of the show. All the different flavors in the small plates make it an interesting and varied dining experience. The pace of the dinner was perfect and it was just a really lovely experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mkt delivers againMagnoliaDined on 8/13/2014This was our second visit and we were not disappointed. Even simple sounding dishes were elevated with herbal nuances and proteins were cooked to perfection. Our server was friendly and had perfect suggestions for wines when we were indecisive. My wallet is glad we don't live in the neighborhood - we would be here all the time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/13/2014Ingredient driven menu with outstanding execution. Price for quality was good. They were able to modify all of our choices to be gluten free. Wine choices (as always with ESR) were great. We would go back for food even though the space is very cramped and atmosphere was somewhat lacking compared w/ other ESR venues. They need to improve air flow, especially in the back of the restaurant during summer months.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!AmberDined on 8/11/2014mkt. consistently serves delicious and inventive food with a focus on quality ingredients. It is intimate and has great hospitality. We have loved it every time we have gone.Special Features:
- Great date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/10/2014Good for couples and groups of 4 but not for anything larger. Excellent and interesting food and very attentive and friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodDomFDined on 8/9/2014We enjoyed our night at MKT. It is quite a small venue so our reservations ran a little late. They were nice enough to give us some drinks on the house while we were waiting. The Black Cod & Scallops were melt in your mouth amazing and the gnocchi was great also. It is a good idea to do everything family style.Special Features:
- Great foodMktexperienceDined on 8/9/2014Great food and service the only recommendations would be to have a better wine storage system so your wine temp is better. Our food was outstanding but the wine was too warm for spending that kind of moneyI would recommend this to a friend.
- Get some smaller forkssushiqDined on 8/7/2014The staff at mkt. is warm, welcoming, and upbeat. My favorite food items were the creamy gazpacho that our chef presented us with before our meal, and the gnocchi. My experience at mkt. fell short of other Ethan Stowell restaurants-my favorite being Staple & Fancy. The food was good, but not exciting-and too small - as in pickled vegetables that are condiment size bites. I love small plate dining, which usually means big flavor, but my palate wasn't quite satisfied (definitely not for the price)...and what's with the giant forks?!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Order a lotOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/7/2014Flavors were fantastic and preparation was perfection. Waitstaff is exceptional. My only complaint, and this seems typical of Ethan Stowell restaurants, portions are miniscule. And they insist that all items on the menu are shared plates - how am I supposed to share a salad of 4 tomatoes and 1 leaf of lettuce? You have to order A LOT to feel satisfied. I get it - fancy food is about quality, not quantity. I am not looking for Claim Jumper sized portions, but the portions at mkt do not warrant the price.Special Features:
- Great food and staffWskrDined on 8/4/2014We ordered 5 dishes plus dessert to share the chef and servers were friendly and imformative. The food was amazing. The space is super small which made it a little warm and loud but that didn't take away from our eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodRinaVIPDined on 8/3/2014Our first time dining for the four of us. The reviews I read were good so we thought we would try the place out. Service was outstanding. The food was excellent! The price point could have been a little bit less expensive. Overall it was a wonderful experience. The music was very loud though. Small space, so don't go with a big crowd. Ventilation was poor, so outside seating is recommended. Neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014I cannot say enough good things about this restaurant! Mkt. was absolutely the best dining experience I have had in years. The small space is both intimate and energetic, with an atmosphere that is absolutely perfect for lingering over a bottle of wine. The food was superb and the wait staff was personable and entertaining while not overbearing. Seth even did a dance for us! I cannot recoomend Mkt. enough! If I lived in Seattle this would be my go to restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Epic winSweetbreadsDined on 7/31/2014This was for a birthday celebration an I cannot wait to back. Stellar service. Amazing food. Good timing. Good suggestions. Win.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tight squeezeFredDined on 7/27/2014If you have back issues or want a comfortable seat when you eat, MKT is not for you. Kitchen dominates and diners are shoehorned in. Servers are very pleasant and efficient. Food is mostly small plates and good. We had a reservation but were given a glass of water and asked to wait outside because the kitchen was "slammed". We were seated at our request about 15 minutes late. This is not a relaxing place to eat but if you want, and have, high energy then the food is worth it.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceRay25VIPDined on 7/27/2014Went to mkt. with friends to celebrates my partners birthday. We followed our waiters suggestion to order all dishes as shareable a for the table; dinner was superb! They only had 3 cocktails on the menu which was concerning at first. Turns out their cocktail selection is small because they age their drinks in whiskey barrels and they were delicious. Highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool spotWdpilecatDined on 7/16/2014Great little spot. Wonderful food and great service. Flavor profiles were right on. The space it tiny and intimate. Seating was rather uncomfortable and the ventilation not great on a hot night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uncomfort FoodSEAEATDined on 7/15/2014I visited mkt. with my out-of-town family. We had made reservations, but were placed at a table that butted up against the bathroom door, so we got a steady stream of traffic and constant whiffs of the toilet deodorizer throughout the meal. The table location ruined the meal. To pay 200+ for a meal and then be shoved by a bathroom is a slap in the face. It feels greedy. It's an insult to any customer who's seated there. Service was fine although more style than substance. The same can be said about the chairs, which are minimalist, wooden with no backs. This restaurant feels like it cares more about appearance than an actual nice dining experience, and the food, although good, is not special enough to merit being so uncomfortable.
- Worth every nickelSlowFooderDined on 7/13/2014A friend recommended this place and so hubby and I headed over. I could eat a cereal bowl of the ceviche and the wagyu beef was over the top. Generally not a fan of gnocchi but the sweet potato treats were wee pillows of deliciousness. I wish the cocktail signatures were a little more exciting/varied. It was a little too warm and loud in the back but the open seating in front worked. Those benches are hard though, bring a cushion! The service was wonderful, the night was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- incredible, but hotCrisHDined on 7/12/2014a wonderful restaurant but they need air conditioning!!! every item was flavored to perfection--just excellent. very attentive service.Special Features:
- Very friendly and great servicejackDined on 7/8/2014What a nice evening sitting outside and inside with our friends at the communal table. Champagne/wine and food was very good. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mktOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/6/2014I love Ethan Stowell restaurants and mkt is no exception. The food was amazing the service was professional, friendly and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/5/2014A few bites were amazing. Most were great. Overall, a strong showing, but not spectacular. Service was great. For the price, however, I wouldn't go back. I'm happy to have checked it off my list.Special Features: