2108 N 55th St
Seattle, WA 98103Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ethanstowellrestaurants.com/mkt/
- Phone: 2068121580x
- Hours of Operation:
Fri & Sat 5pm-11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Joe Ritchie
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
A word from mkt.
mkt. - pronounced "market" - is an intimate restaurant in an intimate Seattle neighborhood know as Tangletown, between Wallingford and Greenlake. It gets its name from Meridian, the traditional name for the neighborhood; the historic Keystone Building that it’s housed in; and Tangletown, as the area is now known. Joe Ritchie"s kitchen serves thoughtful, contemporary American fare with a dedication to Northwest products.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
mkt. reviews from OpenTable diners
137 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (120)neighborhood gem (104)special occasion (60)romantic (39)notable wine list (32)hot spot (30)great for outdoor dining (15)late-night find (8)good for groups (4)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Ethan stowell redeemedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/27/2014I went to how to cook a wolf and wasnt that impressed with the food. I was skeptical trying another ethan stowell restaurant. Mkt was everything and more what i was expecting from a Ethan Stowell restaurant. Food was absolutely delicious with great wine and service. Restaurant is quite small so great for a date night.Special Features:
- Mkt. restaurant is a tiny gem.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/27/2014This gem is worth traveling for. The food is all about local, fresh and original. The service was perfect with an attentive, knowledgeable wait staff. Our shared, recommended black cod was over the top delicious. The dessert of fresh pear sorbet and some wonderful chocolate concoction on a toffee base with salted caramel accent... Oh, boy! What a deal for Restaurant Week, but no matter we will be back on our own timing. Go Ethan Stowell!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great spot!wontdisappointDined on 10/22/2014Food was fantastic Staff was friendly, even addressed me by name as I was leaving (remembered my name when checking in for my reservation) Will definitely be back to try other items on the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quality foodAnyaVIPDined on 10/22/2014The food iis great. Seasonal and top quality ingredients. You eat as the food arrives at your table, so plan to share place is small. Place is small with only 28!seats. You are close together and it can be loud. This gives it a very cozy feel, but not a place for an intimate dinner. Servers are knowledgable and very welcoming. They make you feel at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUM!WedgwoodMomVIPDined on 10/22/2014Restaurant week meal was fantastic!!! Menu was innovative, each bite a distinct delight, which is very rare, especially during restaurant week when lot of places seem to cut corners. Service was top notch too. I don't remember last time I've left a restaurant and (on a busy Friday night no less) have waiters, several kitchen staff turn around to ask how my meal was and actually CARE what I have to say. The crew is passionate about their craft and it shows. Mkt is my new favorite!Special Features:
- Excellent Food, Tiny SpaceKaseyDined on 10/22/2014We ate during Seattle Restaurant week, even on the restricted menu everything we had was from very good to outstanding. Our waitress was a pleasure. It is like eating on a boat, no excess space, and you wonder where they store things (like plates and silverware).Special Features:
- Very diner like with great foodDaveDined on 10/21/2014Portions smaller than a french snack bar. Too bad because the food was great. Extremely noisy, dishwasher in the room. Chairs designed by the Marquis de Sade. No ambiance. No private conversation.
- mkt is amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/20/2014The food is cooked to perfection. This has to be one of the best restaurants in Seattle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!LilyDined on 10/15/2014Amazing food & Amazing service!! Fun, energetic & intimate restaurant. Another Ethan gem!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/13/2014Great food, perfect for sharing, not too expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nicholas R.NicholasRDined on 10/11/2014This place was top notch. I was on a date here and our waiter was amazing and made us feel very comfortable. All of our food and wine was really great. Everything was very fresh and seasoned/ cooked perfectly. And the restaurant is in a cool part of Seattle that I never go to so that's always nice to switch up the scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded expectationsBobby202Dined on 10/7/2014A very small restaurant - 29 seats. We chose it because we wanted something other than a big "glitzy" space but with excellent food. An Ethan Stowell (James Beard Award winner) restaurant, as expected, was excellent. The salmon was "melt-in-your-mouth" and the Lamb tenderloin was perfectly cooked. The servings appear small but were quite adequate for us. The staff and service were awesome.Special Features:
- Gem in Tangletown - little crampedBJG69Dined on 10/7/2014Great little spot in Tangletown and entire staff were great and pleasant. Seating is tight and honestly a little cramped. Lot's of gluten free options on the menu, high quality small plates and to-share entrees. $25 corkage is extreme. Will come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great combo!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/5/2014awesome food and great service!! a very hard combination to find in seattle area...Special Features:
- Loved the food and serviceAuntieMDined on 10/4/2014First my disclaimer: I'm a vegetarian. I started with the beet salad; taste and presentation were excellent. Followed the salad with carrot ravioli which was also excellent. They missed bringing me my dessert order (I think there was confusion about whether we were ordering 1 to share or 2) but I didn't ding them on service because of the following: The server was very patient while I tried 3 wines before I found one that I liked. I plan on coming back a lot and consider them competition for Tilth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Unbelievable ServiceCallMeIshVIPDined on 10/3/2014Energy everywhere, in the food, and the service. Food was great--we are vegetarians, and everything we had featured the flavor and texture of vegetables. And as great as the food was, service was even better. The staff brought such a positive energy. Watching the night fall from the front communal table, the evening was truly memorable.Special Features:
- exceptional serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/3/2014our waiter paired wine selections for each course we ordered....was so much fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysJeffDined on 10/1/2014Been here a handful of times, the food is always fantastic, service is always top-notch, and it's a great time. I would recommend mkt to anyone looking for a special dinner. Intimate atmosphere with great food.Special Features:
- Reservation?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014I had made a reservation several days in advance and the reservation was confirmed the night before the dinner. However, when we showed up they told us that no table was available and squished us into a couple of seats on a bench. We were told we would be moved to a table once it became available but that never happened. The food and service was excellent but a reservation should hold a table. I was disappointed and likely won't return.Special Features:
- Pleasant surpriselike2eatDined on 9/24/2014My wife and I just had our anniversary dinner at Mkt. and the experience was wonderful. Such a cozy atmosphere and the food was amazing! Good service and atmosphere. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection!Kitty82Dined on 9/20/2014Delicious food, tasty drinks, great service and a fun atmosphere. We will definitely be going back soon!Special Features:
- DeliciousmellimelDined on 9/20/2014You cannot choose something off of this menu you won't like. The food is amazing, service is stupendous, and the overall experience perfect.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014This being our first visit, we were dismayed to wait standing outside for almost 25 minutes even though we arrived on time for our reservation that had been confirmed that day. The table at which we were seated was clean, set, and available for the entire wait time. Once we were seated, the service was very good. Food was really interesting and well prepared. Our server was knowledgable and helpful in choosing dishes that would work well together and we had a great time and will recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food heavenOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/17/2014There wasn't a wrong note to be had. Every dish was amazingly good. The cod was a revelation, putting all other cod I've ever had in the dust. The wine recommended by our server went beautifully with our selections. I look forward to returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ellieDined on 9/16/2014The food was delicious, as it has been on the three other occasions that I went to Mkt. Our server, Ani, was incredible. She was attentive, gave very helpful suggestions and even allowed us to have a taste of a few wines that we were deciding between.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Experience!foodlover604Dined on 9/14/2014From the service, to the wine, to the sharing of an array of delicious unique dishes, it was a dining experience we'll never forget! We will be back for sure!Special Features:
- small, noisy and HOT!AdainSeattleVIPDined on 9/13/20144 of us dined here and sat at a table which backed up to the kitchen divider...the 2 who were sitting abutting the kitchen had the heat of the kitchen on their backs all night, but all of us were HOT. Even in winter I'm thinking those seats would be too warm. We were disappointed in the food- we tasted a good portion of the menu and found many items heavy and fried (quail so heavily battered and then fried that it could have been anything), fried cauliflower, fried green beans (you see where the heat was coming from), not many light and refreshing options. The service was very good.Special Features:
- Fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The gnocchi is to die for. Grilled duck was spot on. Service was adequate. Another ESR in the books! Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hospitable and deliciouschoconancyDined on 9/12/2014Wonderful, thoughtfully prepared food, fresh, diverse in flavors and down right yummy. Attw give service and ambiance just quiet enough for conversation even while tables are close in the small space. The departing gift of fresh pasta was enjoyed last night. YumSpecial Features:
- Spectacular servicerarereviewerDined on 9/8/2014Food was great, but the service was amazing. Such friendly staff made the difference.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MKTSeattlefoodieDined on 9/7/2014Tiny restaurant with no air conditioning. It was a hot day & uncomfortable to sit inside for dinner. Average food but good service. Scallops and salmon were over salted and over cooked!Special Features:
- DivineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014We went for my birthday. Just the two of us. The waiter was attentive but not overly fussy. He was friendly and down to earth but clearly of a refined caliber. We got a seat at the common table which breaches the front window opening. so one person sits outside and the other inside with a great view of the moon lit street on a late summer night. With candles on the table the mood was low and quiet. Small space so very intimate with a quaint feel like a European cafe. The food was perfect.Special Features:
- Mixed feelingsLivetoeatDined on 9/3/2014Food was very good. Service was also very good...so what's the problem? Serving size was Tapas-like, but not the price. Also, the place is so tight that it is hard to relax. I hope their popularity will enable the owners to expand and move to cozier quarters.Special Features:
- Foodie Date Night Heaven!AstoriaFishPimpDined on 9/3/2014I found Mkt. while searching online for a restaurant during our visit to Seattle, it seemed to fit all the criteria we were looking for, so we went for it. It was everything we hoped for and so much more! Our server, Seth, was attentive and friendly and served us one of the best bottles of wine we've had in ages (get the Romeo Barbera). The food was fantastic, it left us wondering why in the world more people don't serve rabbit, our favorite dish of the night if we HAD to choose. The chef took time to serve us some treats in-between courses, one being a tomato gazpacho with smoked trout eggs and creme fraiche - SO GOOD. A lovely little neighborhood spot that was cozy and intimate without being pretentious. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MKTfinewineDined on 8/23/2014A really nice atmosphere with outdoor like seating and nice wine list - knowledgeable and very friendly staff - we definitely will be back if in Seattle againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very special go-to date night spot!runsararunDined on 8/21/2014The food is fantastic and you can not go wrong on the menu! The restaurant is small and intimate the service and staff are over the top! We feel really really lucky to have this amazing spot in our neighborhood but for those of you out of the zip code, worth your trip to get here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MKT DeliverschewfxDined on 8/18/2014We didn't have a bad bite of the 13 dishes we tried. Delicious food executed flawlessly. Very personable service. My only critique is that the bench and chairs were a tad uncomfortable. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/15/2014fabulous dinner, everything was great. The best food and service.
- Wonderful foodRachelDined on 8/14/2014The food is the star of the show. All the different flavors in the small plates make it an interesting and varied dining experience. The pace of the dinner was perfect and it was just a really lovely experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mkt delivers againMagnoliaDined on 8/13/2014This was our second visit and we were not disappointed. Even simple sounding dishes were elevated with herbal nuances and proteins were cooked to perfection. Our server was friendly and had perfect suggestions for wines when we were indecisive. My wallet is glad we don't live in the neighborhood - we would be here all the time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.