228 Main Street
Ridgefield Park, NJ 07660Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mkvalenciarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2013730228
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday- Saturday: 11:00am- 2:30pm
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am-2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Jeremiah Echeandia
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering options are available.
- Private Party Facilities: Our beautiful wine cellar is available for parties of 10-15.
Our main dining area can accomodate larger groups.
- Private Party Contact: Monica F 2013730228
A word from MK Valencia
Combining the amazing decor from CKC Design and a diverse and elegant menu from Chef Matthew Gavzie, MK Valencia is a taste of Manhattan dining in Ridgefield Park NJ.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
MK Valencia reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (3)fit for foodies (2)special occasion (2)good for groups (2)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)hot spot (1)romantic (1)Show More
- InconsistentCasmDined on 8/24/2014Went for early dinner special. Was not offered this menu and had to ask for it. Chicken Piccata was very good but Talapia was not. Very overdone and dry with a ton of salt. Even difficult to cut with a knife. Stick to the chicken.
- A GemNelvieDined on 7/16/2014It was surprising to find this special place in a small town in NJ. One would expect to find it in NY City. It is tastefully designed, the food is outstanding with abundant portions and the service was great. The NY steak I ordered was better than the steak I have had in expensive steak houses - flavorful, tender and no waste. I am delighted to have found this gem near my home!Special Features:
- Surprised at prices....CampbellVIPDined on 6/27/2014.....overall the food was very good, however if you are to look at what they charge for eating here....it really isn't worth it. One of the specials for the night was Surf and Turf. The description was great, so we ordered one. When getting the check, it was $50....$50! I'm sorry, but this is not a 5 start restaurant nor a steak house, they have no business charging $50 for this dish, especially when it was not told to us. In addition, another person in our party order a salad with no meat, and when arrived the meat was left on the plate. Plus, the other special was Branzino, and they charged $35....also too high! So for 3 people, one drink eat and no dessert, the check was $220! Wow, for a New Jersey Restaurant! Never again!
- The following 141 reviews are from the MK Valencia reviews archive.
- good Saturday night dinnerGlenRockerDined on 6/21/2014Food and service were wonderful. Our only complaint - which is minor - is that the music could have been a bit lower.Special Features:
- Dinner with a noisy partyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/31/2014My wife made a reservation online through Open Table. She was not informed that a Sweet 16 party would be going on at the time of our dinner. The party was very noisy. We had a hard time talking with the other couple with whom we had dinner. The food was delicious. The manager comped the wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day brunchBrunchtimeDined on 5/11/2014Have seen this place for quite some time on both opentable and groupon. The place has a nice ambience very European decor with an outdoor patio which may be a great event space. Full bar which was the self serve area for part of the brunch. There was a limited omelette station which was disappointing as the guy behind the station was a rookie at best making the ugliest omelettes over cooking everything. Full carving staton plus raw bar, if you like these two options it's worth the $38 pp price tag otherwise you're better off elsewhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DO NOT WASTE TIME AND MONEY!KittyDined on 5/11/2014Mother's Day brunch was awful from start that they gave us 11 am reservation but were not even set up to seat us until 1130 only after asking for the manager. He never apologized and said" things happen", never checked on us again or sent a complimentary drink. They made a mistake on coffee/ espresso order, which was onlything we asked for as it was self serve brunch! The carving station roast beef was chewy and pasta overcooked, desserts were not fresh and the bathrooms were not clean. This is not a sophisticated New York style restaurant like they claim! Poor service from the management, for 200$ brunch.... Atrocious! DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2014Fair at best beautiful ambience but would Not go back
- mimiVIPDined on 5/4/2014I have been here several times and am always haapy with my experience until this time. The food was excellent as always! However, the service was disappointing. I called the day before to confirm a reservation for brunch. I stated that I needed a high chair and a "birthday desert." Neither were relayed to the server the next day, who appeared to be in his own world the entire meal and was unattentive to our needs. I understand that they were getting ready for an event in another section of the restaurant, but my guests were from out of town and I wanted to give them a much better experience.
- Ladies Night at MKEveyDined on 4/6/2014At a birthday celebration at MK we were treated royally. Food was great and service was attentive. At the end of our meal we were treated with a shot of coquito. Delicious!Special Features:
- Not So GreatLilac123aVIPDined on 4/5/2014This is my third time at this restaurant. We had problems each time we dined here. We came this time for a Saturday lunch. There were literally 8 tables open for lunch. Service took a long time. We were offered more bread, but not given butter. We ordered drinks (Sangria) which were so strong two of us had to send them back and they watered them down with Club Soda. They were undrinkable. They tasted like straight Brandy. They took one of the drinks off the bill. We ordered salmon and received four 2" x 1" cubes of salmon. We were all still hungry so we ordered dessert. Dessert came, no tea or coffee. It was an expensive, difficult meal to have. It was a lot of work to have lunch.
- NY Style in Bergen County1njgalVIPDined on 3/30/2014The elegant contemporary setting creates an ideal backdrop for this great restaurant.. This was our fourth visit and each time is excellent. The sesame coated tuna is outstanding. My dining partner enjoyed the pasta with eggplant and ricotta…also wonderful. Dessert was fried banana cheese cake. Since we love to share, we both had delicious tastes to savor. We truly feel this is a great dining experience. We have met with friends from out of the area in the past and they agreed. On Sunday only a few tables were being served (the bar area was full), but we found it relaxing and enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have dined at MK ValenciaBobnMareDined on 3/30/2014We have dined at MK Valencia about 5 times since we discovered the restaurant about a year ago. We have always enjoyed our dining experience there. This time was a little different. We were to meet another couple there and they arrived just a few minutes before us. They were seated at a nice table but when we arrived we asked if we could sit in one of their very comfortable booths. Our server cordially changed us to a booth. While our server was explaining the "specials" to us he was called aside by a manager. When he came back he asked us to relocate to another booth as they wanted to reset some tables near the other booth. We had no problem with that but were taken by the unprofessional way management disrupted our server.Special Features:
- Good food and great serviceJoyceDined on 3/11/2014My friends and I ate at MK Valencia on a Tuesday night. The food was very good - one of the group said it was the best salmon he had ever been served in a restaurant. We would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food....service spotty3rdxsthecharmDined on 2/23/2014Second time going, really want to give this place a chance but the wait staff in attentive at best. Takes entirely too long to get drink orders and once the food has been service they all but forget about you. The food is great though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Positive Dining ExperienceBobnMareDined on 2/22/2014This is our third time back to MK Valencia and I have to say the consistency of the service, food, and everything else about our dining experience has been very positive. We brought friends with us this time and they were just as pleased as we were.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines Day ChaosDateNightDuoDined on 2/14/2014We arrive for our 8pm reservation and are promptly met. We are taken to our seats, that two others are already sitting in and they are moved. We order drinks and our 4 course meal, they drop off bread for us, but no knives to butter it. By the time we got our waiter to bring knives (asking twice) the bread is hard. They drop off two appetizers, that were not ours, that sat in front of us for 5 minutes before they took it back. We get our first course around 1 hour mark. 2nd course at 1'45". Order a beer and takes another request to get. At 2 hours, we request to take the rest of our meal "to go", but they bring out our meal on plates 10 minutes later. We wait another half hour till we can finally pay and leave. Terrible service. Unhappy.Special Features:
- Slowest service ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014It took them three and a half hours to serve my girlfriend and I. We both thought the food was good, but that might be because we were so hungry after waiting 45mins to an hour between each course of our four course dinner. I will never go back there again.Special Features:
- great discoverysc1961VIPDined on 2/8/2014just found this rest in ridgefield park. Its def worth a visit from anywhere in bergen county. Going back next sat with some friends.Special Features:
- Every time is a treat...BagmanDined on 12/31/2013We have dined at MK Valencia on three occasions and each time the experience leaves us looking forward to our next visit. The ambiance, the meal and the service are all worthy of praise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday 12/7njdineDined on 12/7/2013My wife and I have visited the restaurant several times and the place always impresses. The waiter offered cocktails made with a white whiskey infused with apple which sounded interesting and tasted even better then described!!! One of the specials that night was surf and turf and while I've never been a fan of lobster the ribeye sounded good. I'm not sure how they prepared the lobster but it was the best I have ever tasted. My wife had the ahi tuna which was also prepared to perfection! MK Valencia is outstanding and we strongly recommend it.Special Features:
- could be a hot spot!deniseVIPDined on 11/9/2013Waiter knew our first time there, Champagne was flat and the mussels had no flavor on the seafood platter. Steamed or not...
- DinnerHighlandDined on 11/4/2013Never disappointing great food great service good value always freshSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was delicious andDeeeDined on 10/17/2013The food was delicious and our servant was great. I went with my boyfriend for the first time and we enjoyed ourselves, it was not too crowed and the food and service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stop The NoiseJanetDined on 9/28/2013Generally this is one of my favorite places. As always the food was EXQUISITE. However, when we arrived at 7 we were seated in the bar rather the restaurant side and told there would be a party with loud music on the restaurant side beginning at 8. At 7:35 a DJ began playing music which was so loud it was unbearable. If the owners want to have rent out for parties like this they should not subject their regular customers to this kind of annoyance by seating them in the bar. Several people walked in once the music had started and walked right out. We would have done the same had we known.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYC Bistro in Ridgefield ParkscotmDined on 9/23/2013Hard to believe you are not in the City. Beautiful place, great food and good service. Will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant is gorgeous,GoodcookieVIPDined on 9/20/2013The restaurant is gorgeous, beautiful finishes and lighting. Our pan seared sushi grade tuna was perfectly rare. The duck breast was tender, really flavorful and cooked to perfection, crisp but fat free. Accompanying vegetables were fresh, colorful and very good. The house salad was pretty to look at and nicely presented. Although the décor is austere, the vibe of the restaurant is casual and comfortable.Special Features:
- Good timeKingb199Dined on 9/1/2013We for Sunday brunch.Food was very good.Service could have been better.Waiter was very nice & polite,but since we were the ones there,he was go and the busy boy fold napkins in the next room.I had to go several times to look for him.But it was a nice time.A learning curve !!Special Features:
- Well Worth a Visit!ilromano175VIPDined on 8/10/2013This upscale restaurant offers fine food in a New York type atmosphere served by an attractive and attentive wait staff at fair prices.Bottles of wine are also reasonable. Deserves more attention from those seeking a special evening out!Special Features:
- RomanceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2013Sit back and enjoy the romantic atmosphere and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THEY NEVER DISAPPOINTTirednessVIPDined on 8/4/2013We have eaten here many times. Each time the experience is wonderful. Their chef is amazing. He makes fabulous dishes and plates them expertly. The desserts are incredible also. The bartender whips up the usual and the unusual. The servers are not only friendly, but they help you with any questions or indecisions. They've added a Sunday brunch which we haven't tried yet, and Jazz Saturday nights. Not sure if Saturday night Jazz is all the time. I "liked" them on facebook so I get to know what's going on. If you haven't tried them, you should. Don't have to cross the river to find gems. We do have them in our own backyard.Special Features:
- MK Valencia 7/20/13MikesDined on 7/20/2013The nicest decor in the area. It is contemporary and inviting could easily fit in NYC or Vegas. The same applies to the menus from the list of cocktails through desert, there was a significant amount of time spent developing them. Several unique and great cocktails; with the Moscow Mule becoming my new favorite. In an area where good Skirt Steak abounds this presentation exceeds all others both in flavor and appearance. The Duck and Risotto also excel. The Chef uses spices in a creative way that enrich the offerings without being overpowering. This restaurant could easily become my new favorite. I defiantly recommend this place!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NY restaurant in NJOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/16/2013Went to have dinner with my husband and our daughter for my husband's birthday. Even though they were understaffed due to unexpected large groups of customers, the waiter Micheal was terrific and made our night very special. Would recommend this restaurant to all my friends. The ambiance is fabulous and you feel as if you went to a ny restaurant. Great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice local restaurant. TheFmartelloVIPDined on 7/13/2013Nice local restaurant. The food was high quality but the service was a little lackluster compared to what I expected. This may have been due to a newer waiter (very young and couldn't properly pronounce Quinoa, which was one of the specialties) with limited experience. Still, this reflects a little poorly on the restuarant. I will probably give them another try but the service definitely needs to match the food.
- Food for thoughtTirednessVIPDined on 6/22/2013The chef designs and creates dishes. It's not an ordinary upscale restaurant. It is an extraordinary upscale restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well prepared, creative food,MosaaDined on 6/16/2013Well prepared, creative food, especially the fish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian/American with an upscaleKEENJVIPDined on 6/15/2013Italian/American with an upscale decor, a varied menu, and good food. Outdoor dining is available in the back.Special Features:
- MK ValenciaEveyDined on 5/27/2013I have eaten at MK Valencia several times and have never been disappointed. The food is interesting and prepared as ordered.At our last visit my husband and I shared the Duck Spring Rolls and the Tuna Tartar. The Sesame Tuna is excellent as were the Short ribs. I especially recommend the Brulee Trio for dessert. The servers are attentive and the decor is very upscale. it's worth a trip to Ridgefield Park .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RerunBedoodieDined on 5/23/2013This was my second time there. The food was great, but due to very inclement weather, the energy level was low. My first time there was more energetic. It gives a NYC feeling and so I returned. I would definitely return again.Special Features:
- Always terrrificLauraVIPDined on 5/18/2013Once again we had a great meal this past week-end, went with friends who'd never been and they were very impressed with everything they ordered. The service was fine though the servers do need to stop saying "You guys"as much - at least for customers older than they are! The appetizers are fantastic, and the ability to order half-sized pasta portions is great, especially since the half-sized portions are perfect after the generously- sized appetizers. Will be back,soon I hopeSpecial Features: