M.J. O'Connors Waterfront
425 Summer Street
Boston, MA 02110Neighborhood:
IrishPrice: $30 and under
M.J. O'Connors Waterfront
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mjoconnors.com/
- Phone: 6174430800
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:30am - 11:00pm (late night menu until 12pm)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Irish
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: MJ O’Connor’s is a modern Irish Pub in the bustling Seaport District of Boston, located in the Westin Boston Waterfront. The restaurant is conveniently adjacent to the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center and features American cuisine, fresh seafood, and Irish specialties.
- Private Party Contact: Devon Lawrence 8884501332
- Special Events: The perfect location for corporate events, birthday parties, fundraisers and rehearsal dinners, MJ's Waterfront can accommodate up to 220 guests in our dining room or outdoor patio. We look forward to crafting a special menu for any occasion.
A word from M.J. O'Connors Waterfront
Eclectic Irish food and spirits, a warm friendly atmosphere and beautifully handcrafted woodwork and murals make this authentic, upscale Irish pub one of Boston's best.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
M.J. O'Connors Waterfront reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (8)great for lunch (8)vibrant bar scene (5)great for outdoor dining (5)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (3)fit for foodies (2)late-night find (2)neighborhood gem (1)hot spot (1)romantic (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Disappointed.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/16/2014There seemed there was nothing that was Irish about this restaurant.Special Features:
- Not bad, really slowstempdog218Dined on 8/1/2014We had a party of 7 there on a Friday night. It was dead there. We waited almost 30 minutes to have our order taken and another 30 for the food. Got there at 630 didn't leave til 8Special Features:
- Good ExperiencesnubsDined on 7/19/2014Good food, laid back atmosphere. The waitress was great and suggested something from every section of the menu. She suggested the clam chowder which was out of this world good. Not on the waterfront but convenient and walking distance to the Blue Hills Pavillion.Special Features:
- I hope you have time.DiningDudeDined on 7/16/2014We were seated right away. After that, we waited, and waited, and waited. The waiter seemed to disappear and never really come back too often. It took forever for him to take our drink order and then forever to get them. Seeing the writing on the wall, we put our entire order in right away. I ordered the Fish and Chips. It was a very large piece of fish which was a pleasant surprise. The French Fries were good, and seemed fresh. I also had the Clam Chowder which seemed a little thin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good comfort foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/31/2014Burgers and fries, Fish and chips, bangers and mash, meatloaf--classic American/Irish comfort food. Pleasant surroundings, friendly wait-staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 41 reviews are from the M.J. O'Connors Waterfront reviews archive.
- birthday celebrationdebcDined on 5/17/2014This was a 60th celebration we had earlier reservations since going to Comedy show but, we had soooo much fun a great waitress and great food!! This was good for food, we loved our ambience, perfect celebration Thanks!!!Special Features:
- o.k.kevinDined on 5/11/2014Nice atmosphere, food was very good. I don't like to book reservations through third party, it creates a distance/ cold feeling. Waitress was great although we think she was the only one working. We had reservations so the wait wasn't bad, 15 mins. Those without had to wait 20 mins, or more in an empty restaurant. There were over ten empty tables. Most of these people left and these seats went unfilled. I understand there were lots of reservations that may not have shown.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/10/2014Drinks were overpriced - the St. Thomas, a rum drink, was $12. Food is good, not great, but we mostly had sandwichesI would recommend this to a friend.
- good location, fair foodboileddinnerDined on 5/10/2014The night we were there, the wait was an hour or more. We had reservations and were seated right away. It seemed as though they were not prepared for a large crowd. The wait was long, menu kind of limited. I think you are better off with burgers, or sandwiches. Fries were cold, steak tips chewy. The atmosphere was lively and comfortable, the waitress was pleasant. I think the food could be better. A good spot to meet for drinks.Special Features:
- MehTony56Dined on 5/10/2014I ordered the curry chicken plate which was very tasty but the rice that came with it was a big sticky lump. My wife order her steak cooked medium and what she got was well done.
- Great placeFRiendDined on 5/9/2014Went here with a group of friends for a quick bite and cocktails. All of us (5) thoroughly enjoyed our food. Pastrami sandwich (with sweet potato fries) was really good. My friends who the steak tips also gave them thumbs up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food near BCECNewtonMomDined on 4/6/2014I dined there twice in 4 days while I was attending a conference at BCEC. The black bean burger and mac-n-cheese were both very good. My daughter enjoyed her sliders. The only negative - the sweet potato fries were soggy more than crispy.Special Features:
- good reststeveVIPDined on 4/5/2014all good, see above but dissapointed in the billing as a waterfront restaurant. no water to be seen anywhere or near by. scene was of summer st or convention ctr.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waitress was PERFECT!KAC1Dined on 4/4/2014Our experience at O'Connors was really great - we are family and hadn't seen each other in a long time - a lot of conversation, picture sharing, laughs - and Myra, our waitress, was very attentive, personable - excellent - we were wishing she could join us!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient for eating whileRonboVIPDined on 3/26/2014Convenient for eating while at the convention centerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ST Patricks DaycataDined on 3/15/2014The corned beef special was delicious. I had the Salmon. The only disappointment was that the menu said plantains, but the were thin strips of fried plantain chips, not whole plantains fried, which was I expected. Great selection of beer. Service was friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- St Patrick's weekendPED1Dined on 3/15/2014Had the corned beef dinner. Large portion and very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperiencePamFDined on 2/24/2014The waiter was very nice, and our dinners were excellent. We will return in the future.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks for a great meetingPegPDined on 2/23/2014Thanks for a great meeting spot, flexibility from seating manger, and beverage/food selections! every one thought it was greatSpecial Features:
- Food better than service!tannerjackDined on 2/14/2014All of our food was excellent. You must try the Guinness onion soup - it was to die for! I had the steak tip salad and my wife had the salmon . Both were cooked as ordered and delicious. My main complaint was with the waitress - she never brought us bread until we asked for it twice. When she came by after our meals were served we needed a few things - every time we asked for something she started to run away - we had to say'excuse me - we need something else'. We had to do that twice - very frustrating! The other thing that bugged me was that I had 2 'Beers of the Month' they were 22oz. drafts of Harpoon. The beer was great but the price was not - a whopping $9 each.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food2thKlnrDined on 1/31/2014I ate here for a dinner meeting and had the veggie burger. Very delicious and not dry like most black bean based burgers. I also came here the day before for lunch. I had a grilled chicken sandwich with goat cheese and roasted peppers. It was great and very filling. Next time I am in Boston I will be sure to stop by.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun night out!lee408Dined on 1/25/2014We decided to come here because we were going to the comedy show next door. Wasn't anticipating anything to great but was pleasantly surprised! The bloodymarys were delicious! I had the chicken curry which was really good and the burgers looked great too. We were very happy with our meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice decor. Great locationMomBeezDined on 1/24/2014Very nice decor. Great location next to the comedy club. We were able to enjoy everything in the same building without stepping out into the freezing cold. The dining is slightly separated from the bar, which is nice. The bar had an ample number of pub tables. The food was very good. The drinks were a little on the small side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More than a hotel restaurant!EdyoukateorDined on 12/31/2013This place is billed as an Irish Pub, but I fell in love with the Chicken Curry! My hubby enjoyed the twist on meatloaf! To top it off, the chef had made a special strawberry shortcake for dessert! All sauces and dressings made on site! Everything was fresh, service was quick and friendly and the location is right by a T stop in a scenic area of Boston! Just beautiful. Plus it's right next to a comedy club so it makes for a great night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious DiningJessieDined on 12/24/2013We had a group of 7 people. The food was delicious. Everyone got something different from salads to fish to meatloaf and everything was great! The only complaint was that we made a reservation for MJ O'Connor's but they were re-finishing the floors, so we had to eat in Citi Bar which is next door and much smaller. We really enjoy MJ's atmosphere and we love the Irish feel and decor. The menu was the same, as they share the same kitchen, but it was a little disappointing that when we booked the reservation we weren't notified that the restaurant would be under renovations. The music was also a little too loud and not-family friendly. We asked them to change the channel for us. Overall if you're looking for great, affordable food - Go here!Special Features:
- Nothing special, but solidOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/22/2013Good food, decent list of beers on tap. nice, new design. would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice if staying at The WestinSchneibaDined on 11/15/2013It's loud.. But the food is decent, prices are reasonable for in a city. If you are staying in the Westin hotel it is right in the lobby.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor attitudesfoodieVIPDined on 11/14/2013Visited M.J. O'Connors about 6 months ago and had a very good experiance. Waitress then was very helpful accomodating a special order. Tried to order the same thing this time, and waitress refused to consider it. She told me that absolutely couldn't be true and I had to be wrong, then came back to say again I had to be wrong. Not accomodating the request is fine, but the attitude of "I'll prove that you're wrong" is unacceptable. Food was only fair. My suggestion - try another of the restaurants in Seaport area!
- hackedMeDPDined on 11/8/2013My debit card got hacked as part of the company wide cyber attack
- Family GatheringPAKNDined on 9/7/2013We chose MJ'S as a site for meeting with fourteen family members. There was no one else in the restaurant, just outside as it was fairly early so we were not surprised by the lack of patrons. Disappointingly, the food was not up to our expectations. Our waitress was superb. Sahar did a great job! She is to be commended.The meals were brought timely, but six of us did not enjoy our dinners. The children did not voice displeasure. However, they did not eat all of their food. Although it was a convenient place to meet, I don't think we'd go back.
- The chowder here is excellent,CarltonDined on 7/13/2013The chowder here is excellent, but the rest of the food was average and a bit overpriced for average. There was a private party on the patio so the outdoor seating was not available on a Saturday night, which was a disappointment. The service was excellent, however. Those hoping to get a taste of the real Boston will not find it here. Try Devlins in Brighton instead.Special Features:
- good timeAdAstraDined on 6/21/2013first time there and would definitely go back if in that area of the city againSpecial Features:
- ExcellentEmilyDined on 6/4/2013Multiple business meetings were held at the location. The service was great and food was outstanding. I would recommend the clam chowder! Had all lunch meetings but seemed a great place for bar scene later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service wasn't great,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/13/2013The service wasn't great, the server ignored us half the time. The food could have been better. Good pub food. The draught beer lost was also a little disappointing. Would have liked more local breweries.Special Features:
- M.J. O'Connors is your typicalOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/28/2013M.J. O'Connors is your typical Irish bar look, but the menu has a certain twist to it. The food options are quite eclectic and very good. We went around 8pm on a Monday night, so it was a quiet atmosphere. Service was as it should be: friendly, polite, and attentive.Special Features:
- The beer selection was reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2012The beer selection was really good - a great mix of American and UK beers. My husband had a sirloin on top of cibatta bread with sauteed onions and gravy. The steak was cooked perfectly and the entire dish was very good. I had a portebella mushroom sandwich: Portebella roasted in Balsamic vinegar, fresh mozerella cheese, tomatoes, roasted red peppers, spinach, and chipotle mayo on cibatta. It was outstanding! For dessert, we had the Boston Cream Pie (HUGE helping!) and the Creme Brulee. Both were excellent! Total for the meal (two beers, two entrees, and two desserts) was a little over $60. I will be back!
- An Irish Pub at The WestinqmisVIPDined on 7/6/2012Although we had a reservation, the hostess seemed confused and we had to wait a few minutes to be seated. Once seated, we were forgotten about for over ten minutes so we had to walk around the restaurant to find a server to take our order. Once we did that, everything went smoothly. This is a typical, Irish Pub with the menu, food, and atmosphere that you would expect - good Guinness, burgers, fish & chips, etc.
- Great for a hotel restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/4/2012Great for a hotel restaurant! Service on the 4th of July was great!Special Features:
- Great food! The hostessesKHanebuttVIPDined on 6/29/2012Great food! The hostesses did not know what they were doing, though. But overall, the service was good and the food was good!
- As a descendent of Ireland,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/10/2012As a descendent of Ireland, it was nice to be exposed to Irish food again. It reminded me of our last trip to Ireland. Great food.Special Features: