225 East Seventh Avenue
Denver, CO 80203Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mizunadenver.com/
- Phone: 3038324778
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Contemporary French, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Frank Bonanno
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Mizuna can accommodate up to 15 guests in our private dining room. Full buyouts are available for parties up to 55. Please contact our event coordinator for details.
- Private Party Contact: Emily Schwartz 3035251702
A word from Mizuna
Mizuna resonates with quiet conversation. The linen-draped tables and soft yellow dining room perfectly highlight the cuisine, also simple, elegant, and understated. Chef/owner Frank Bonanno has created a special spot for food lovers here. At Mizuna, cooks are given free creative reign over a menu that changes monthly to emphasize pure, seasonal ingredients with clean flavors that make even the most exotic fare seem familiar. Ultimately, this is an American-style restaurant heavy on French technique, influence, and philosophy with flawless service and an eclectic assortment of international wines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Mizuna - Best Restaurants in Central ›
Mizuna reviews from OpenTable diners
135 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (106)special occasion (101)romantic (88)notable wine list (81)neighborhood gem (53)hot spot (13)good for groups (11)great for outdoor dining (5)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (2)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- OverpricedMarianVIPDined on 10/23/2014We have been to Mizuna multiple times but not recently . The service was slow. The hostess was also doubling as a waiter when we came in. Took quite awhile to even give our drink orders. All dishes in each section of the menu are priced the same. $39 for each of the meat items is quite high for Denver. My duck breast was okay but definitely short of memorable.Special Features:
- DisappointedSteveDined on 10/21/2014Cramped, noisy dining room. Neither a romantic nor sophisticated atmosphere. Friendly but slow-ish service. Food was disappointing by fine dining standards.Special Features:
- Kind of a disasterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014Hard to find a place to park-- not their fault. VERY loud party of 8 next to us-- not their fault. Very expensive food that was pretty average and marginal service-- definitely a problem. The waiter served an app that had gluten in it even though we'd been pretty clear that one of us is gluten free. The kitchen subbed another meat for my husband's entree. My scallops were tiny and served w/ a tasteless puree. We couldn't wait to get out of there. Definitely ruined our anniversary. Will never return.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/16/2014Our first visit and not our last. All the food was superb. The drinks were great. The service was terrific. Just a wonderful evening in every way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and serviceLuv2dineDined on 10/11/2014We went here for our anniversary and were very pleased. The service was off the charts and the wine recommendations were spot on by the bartender.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/11/2014We've been going to Mizuna for many years and have always truly enjoyed it. This visit had the same wonderful service and ambiance but the food was not up to the standards we have experienced in the past.
- Truly wonderfulCofoodieDined on 10/10/2014Not only was the food amazing, the service was impeccable. I can't say enough for how wonderful our server was as she helped us narrow in on what we wanted for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply put... Wow!JrFoodieDined on 10/4/2014What a great dining experience! The food was amazing, the ambience was perfect for a date night, our waiter Steve was attentive, charming and funny. The overall experience was excellent. Of course, if I could have paid a little less it would have made it even better, but I understand the time, creativity and preparation that goes into making a decadent meal, so it was worth the price.
- OMG!CLDeDined on 10/4/2014Food and Service were fantastic. Everything from the app's to the desert were to die for. One of the best meals we have ever had. Will be back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014Nice cozy restaurant. Great food, service, and ambience. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mizuna is the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2014This place never disappoints. We've been there at least 6 times over the years, it's always great. The food is off the charts. Foie Gras is absolutely amazing, I get it every time. The duck was unbelievable. It's been a week and I still think of how great it was. Pricey, but worth every penny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/25/2014Can't go wrong at Mizuna. The current duck entree was awesome, as was the bread pudding dessert. We always prefer to sit outside if we can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing hostess expérienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/20/2014We arrived an hour early for our reservation and asked if it was possible to be seated. The hostess said they were "fully booked" and told us to take a seat at the bar. There were 3 empty tables outside and one behind us at the bar. At 7:30, these tables were still open and we were told that table was reserved for "walk-ins." OK, so what's the point of a reservation? Three outside table remained empty all night and the "walk in" table remained empty all night. Why did she lie to us, and refuse to seat us when we had a reservation and several tables remained empty all night? At 7:45, there were 9 empty tables. We will never go back. I had being treated disrespectfully. It is sad because the food was awesome and so was the bartender.Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014Food is amazing. Service impeccable. Wine list great. It's a bit dark inside which I guess is for the ambience but they could turn the lights up a bit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menuwhineandfoodVIPDined on 9/19/2014The service was excellent from the valet parking to the hostess , waiter and sommelier. The agnolotti was fresh, savory and delicious. The grilled octopus was good but the grilling and lime eventually took over the flavor and the octopus was lost. Black bass dish was beautiful to look at and the fish itself was incredibly delicate and tender. My husband enjoyed the duck, stating it was some of the best duck he has had. Great wine recommendation from the som. We hadn't been back in a couple of years but will be making it more of a habit!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014We always expect the best at Mizuna, and once again, we weren't disappointed.Special Features:
- What a neighborhood gem!StldixieDined on 9/19/2014We were there early in the evening so it was quiet. The food was excellent to say the least. We had the foie gras which was to die for and I had bass. So well done. You can't miss going to this place for fine dining. Not stuffy so you CAN go in jeans or dress up. FabulousSpecial Features:
- Our Anniversary Go To!love2dineinCOVIPDined on 9/17/2014Mizuna never disappoints. During our recent visit we opted for a version of the Chef's Tasting. With this particular tasting, we closed our menus and let the Chef surprise us! We enjoyed 8 lovely courses and every bite was absolutely delectable. The food at Mizuna is out of this world but what I think puts it as one of our top restaurants in the Denver area, the service. Excellent and consistent customer service. Plus the dining room is very intimate and peaceful. The customer service, attention to detail, and phenomenal food are what keep us coming back to Mizuna.Special Features:
- Some highs...overall low.AzroadieVIPDined on 9/16/2014Things started well...the apps were simply fabulous. Very small portion sizes, but wonderful. In fact, if it weren't for us ordering 3 apps (all great), I'd have given the food 1 star as my meal was simply awful. My colleague had the same fish preparation and agreed that neither could eat it and would have complained had we not been with clients and had the server taken the time to inquire as to how it was...which he didn't. His lack of knowledge on the menu should have been my first clue. I don't know it was simply poor preparation of the fish dish, or a poorly planned recipe. Regardless, it was very bad. Based off their regularly changing menu and fabulous appetizers, I have high hopes that the other meals would have been better.Special Features:
- Good but pricey and noisybaldvolVIPDined on 9/13/2014Highly recommended on TripAdvisor. Good service and food but the noise from other dinner conversations made it difficult to have a private conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousFoodguruDined on 9/12/2014The food was exquisite. Couldn't say enough good things about my experience hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening!CharlieDined on 9/11/2014Mizuna is superb in every respect. We could not of had a better meal and better service. We would go again in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seems to be slippingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/10/2014Mizuna has always been our "favorite in Denver" restaurant. Unfortunately, the last couple of visits it has become apparent that the food quality is slipping. My guess is that Frank is giving the restaurant less personal attention than in the past and it shows. This is the curse of trying to manage many stores with less hands-on management of each. It will be a while before we return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/6/2014One of our most favorite in Denver. Equal to NYC or LA for intimate diningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014Steve our server was great. Food was good. I wear a hearing aid and noise level was perfect. We go to many high end restaurants and it is expensive for what you get. Good food but........Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a pleasuregdtrfbDined on 9/6/2014We've been to Mizuna a number of times over the past several years, and it never fails to disappoint. The service is always very professional and warm/welcoming from the moment you enter until departure. The food is always excellent: it is perfectly planned and executed. There is something on the menu for everyone and it is always great to get the staff's perspective on a dish, cocktail, wine... We have a couple of favorites on the front range and Mizuna is one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great special occasion meal!pipereatsVIPDined on 9/4/2014Everything we tried was delicious. Highly recommend the shrimp and grits and duck entrees. Kelly the sommelier guided us towards a fabulous (and affordable) bottle of wine as well. Great spot for a romantic, special occasion dinner.Special Features:
- ExceptionalLoveColoradoDiningVIPDined on 9/3/2014Easily among the very best in the city, from the inspired food to the impeccable service. Fantastic.Special Features:
- MizunaAnnivdinnerDined on 9/2/2014We had a lovely anniversary dinner. The food was great, The ambiance of the restaurant was casual elegance, our waiter was very friendly and solicitous, we had a lovely, special evening.Special Features:
- Mizuna always WowsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/30/2014As usual, Mizuna wowed us woth perfect everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PERFECTDavidDined on 8/30/2014A "go to" for a special occasion. This time a birthday. It was great this time as it has been in the past. Great and inventive food choices, new tastes, well presented and served. A great choice1Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menu / excellent foodRLReasonsVIPDined on 8/28/2014Late reservation so restaurant pretty empty on a Thursday night. Great service, strong recommendations with great menu knowledge. Excellent food - mussels and sweetbreads is a unique and excellent pairing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection DiningReeWritesDined on 8/28/2014After multiple high praises for Mizuna from friends in the know, we chose to go there to celebrate our 38th anniversary. It could not have been more appropriate! Beginning with complimentary champagne and ending with desserts to die for (not to mention, a fabulous half bottle of Baumard Savennières chenin blanc wine), every moment and morsel was savored. HIGH recommendations to anyone wanting to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding diningDAVEDined on 8/27/2014I have been here a few times and the food and service are both exceptional- Sit in the wine room if you can!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cold Food, Great Servicegreenbee1978Dined on 8/23/2014The service was excellent and we felt very satisfied with how we were treated. Unfortunately, our food was delivered cold and the $39.00 ribeye came in small slices. Everything we ordered was heavily salted and the scallop seemed nearly undecooked. Sadly, I would not recommend this establishment. I felt embarrassed I suggested this restaurant to my sibling who had driven 10 hours to visit.
- Nice outdoorKathyDined on 8/23/2014We enjoyed our dining experience. The Mac cheese lobster app was not hot and kitchen graciously took back and made it right. The scallops were delicious. Wine suggestions were perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for an AnniversaryDenverKidDined on 8/21/2014We started out with a glass of champagne and it just got better. The Spanish octopus appetizer was delicious and so was the roasted beet salad and then there was the duck and the New York strip, it was delicious. Our waiter was very good and took good care of my wife and I on our anniversary. I also recommend the sommelier who was a great help us and matched our meal perfectly.Special Features:
- Oh, WOW!!LovepilatesDined on 8/20/2014On Wednesday evening, my husband and I went to Mizuna for the first time to celebrate our anniversary. The appetizer was mac and cheese with poached Maine Lobster. Sounds pretty ordinary and simple, but it is NOT. It was the very best mac and cheese with lobster we have ever eaten. Can't wait to go back and just eat that!! My husband had Diver Scallops and I had the Roasted Duck Breast. Everything was just wonderful. The waiter couldn't have been more attentive and pleasant. As each course was presented, new silverware was placed on the table. It was a nice change from having to eat with the same fork. Definitely fwill be going back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDINGstellaDined on 8/20/2014We frequent Mizuna...because it is always PERFECT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dining experienceJJandMLDined on 8/19/2014Mizuna is an absolute gem. The service, food and wine were second to none. Definitely try the Lobster Mac and Cheese along with he Octopus appetizers. The duck was the best I've had in years.Special Features: