225 East Seventh Avenue
Denver, CO 80203Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mizunadenver.com/
- Phone: 3038324778
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Contemporary French, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Frank Bonanno
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Mizuna can accommodate up to 15 guests in our private dining room. Full buyouts are available for parties up to 55. Please contact our event coordinator for details.
- Private Party Contact: Emily Schwartz 3035251702
A word from Mizuna
Mizuna resonates with quiet conversation. The linen-draped tables and soft yellow dining room perfectly highlight the cuisine, also simple, elegant, and understated. Chef/owner Frank Bonanno has created a special spot for food lovers here. At Mizuna, cooks are given free creative reign over a menu that changes monthly to emphasize pure, seasonal ingredients with clean flavors that make even the most exotic fare seem familiar. Ultimately, this is an American-style restaurant heavy on French technique, influence, and philosophy with flawless service and an eclectic assortment of international wines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Mizuna - Best Restaurants in Central ›
Mizuna reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since April 1 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (70)special occasion (70)romantic (59)notable wine list (58)neighborhood gem (35)hot spot (6)good for groups (4)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (1)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Absolutely spectacularPreston713Dined on 7/26/2014We visited Mizuna for our 1 year wedding anniversary and we were blown away. Our server, Steven was so wonderful, and very intelligent regarding the menu. The Sommilier Kelly was also very intelligent and could not have been more spot on with his wine selections for us. I could go on for hours about the food. It's obvious that any menu item you choose will be outstanding. They change their menu every month which is an excellent way to switch things up. If we could come back every month we would!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2014The was the perfect lace to celebrate an anniversary. Great food, great service, great wine, and even a parking space across the street. The Bonanos have the right idea, and it's a good one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/22/2014This is the second time I dined at Mizuna. The food and service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was nice....wannabeDined on 7/19/2014Very nice, food was good, service was good, cocktails good, but I wouldn't say there was anything outstanding or truly memorable...I was hoping for more innovative big city experience, but hey, we are in Denver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just some thoughtsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/16/2014Everything was perfect from beginning to end!! What a fantastic find...look forward to returning next time we are in town!Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperiencemarcBVIPDined on 7/12/2014The Ostrich and the Duck were superb! We could not have asked for a better dinner while on vacation. The service was impeccable and even a minor mix-up with our appetizer was much more than made up for. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Perfect eveningWanderersDined on 7/12/2014What a lovely evening for two couples celebrating anniversaries. The wine paired 5 course dinner was a real splurge for us but everything was delicious and perfect...and great service.Special Features:
- Service??Sloth64VIPDined on 7/11/2014Food was great. Service was spotty especially at end of meal prior to dessert. Waited too long so we just got check which of course was promptly delivered.Special Features:
- amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/9/2014The service was great and the food was so unique and complete. My bro said it was one of the best meals of his life and I agree!Special Features:
- Wonderful place to eatcatfishDined on 7/1/2014Went here for our anniversary dinner. Service as wonderful and the food really good.
- Very pleasedGabrielle816Dined on 6/27/2014My fiancé and I dined at mizuna and had a wonderful experience. The staff was friendly and accommodating and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Be awere of the billMorfoodVIPDined on 6/26/2014Waitress tried to charge us double, and then said that was a mistake because was counting without a calculator. Other than that is a good place for a gourmet dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinner!PineconeDined on 6/24/2014The food and sevice were both excellent. Upon arrival we were asked if we were celebrating anything special and when we said it was our anniversary we were immediately provided a glass of champagne. We ordered a bottle of champagne through our waitress and the sommelier came over to discuss our choice and make sure it would be to our liking. My husband and I both ordered the five course price fixe which is customized., rather than chefs choice. The portions were just right and everything tasted wonderful. The only plate I didn't clean was the duck breast. The duck was good but the faro was a bit heavy. I would highly recommend Mizuna for a special night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost perfectTakeasaDined on 6/21/2014I went here with my fiancé who is an avid food and wine lover. She is also highly critical. We tried the five course meal with pairing and it was one of the best meals we have ever eaten in Denver. The foie gras, lobster macaroni and cheese, veal tenderloin, an ostrich all stand out. Simply spectacular. The wine pairing was also incredible. Fantastic job overall. Very enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of DenverFoodTravelerVIPDined on 6/21/2014This is simply the best cuisine offered in Denver, served in a gracious environment by a professional waitstaff who value your presence.Special Features:
- Yummmm!GourmandVIPDined on 6/20/2014Haven't had the foie gras in a while...why??? Always delish! However, to full to eat anything else with that...even though I did start with a small salad. Great to see Joe working there...even though he was just "filling in". Always great to see Steve as well! Nice to sit at the intimate bar to make the experience less formal once in a while!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent experiencehappy2BinHawaiiDined on 6/17/2014For our 42nd anniversary we had a wonderful, kid-free, fantastic dinner. The wait staff was friendly, knowledgeable & efficient. From appetizers to dessert, the food was delicious & presentation was lovely. This is a Go To Special Occasion place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasion spotSuzyhDined on 6/17/2014We were celebrating our 41st anniversary and the people next to us, their 63rd and the people next to them, their 52nd. We all had a wonderful time enjoying the food, wine, and cocktails. The pigs ear appetizer was a little lame as it was like one pork rind with a fried pork empanada. But a delicious appetizer was the smoked octopus with smoked potatoes. It was amazing. The halibut was good, but I make a good halibut too as I tend to undercook the fish and it is more moist than this was.. The steak was delicious. The bread and butter were both so good. The chocolate dessert was out of this world. All in all, a wonderful night.Special Features:
- Very dissapointed4BobbyDined on 6/7/2014We decided to have a romantic evening out and get some great food at Mizuna. We have been so lucky to have enjoyed Mizuna throughout the years. The only thing that I can highly recommend is the lobster mac and cheese. That's it. My halibut was extremely overcooked. The veal was nothing special. The service was horrible. We asked our server to not "fire" our entrees, she told us that the kitchen does that. Then what is her role then? After we finished our apps I went to the restroom and my dinner was sitting there waiting for me, getting cold. The attention to detail is just not there anymore. Which is unfortunate. I just felt as if they didn't care. So now we don't care anymore. You have lost two loyal customers.
- Best food and wine in Denverrickm213Dined on 5/24/2014Had a wonderful prix fix meal with wine pairings with a friend and it was fantastic. the entire meal was great. It could not have been better. Austin the sommelier was great at selecting the perfect wines with each course. I will definitely go back.Special Features:
- OutstandingwyllyDined on 5/22/2014Always outstanding service, food, treated like royalty.Special Features:
- Perfect Impromptu CelebrationDejanInDenverDined on 5/21/2014We received several Gift Cards at our recent wedding, so we wanted to splurge on some lovely wines. Worked with the Sommelier to find nice glasses of bubbly to start out and the perfect bottle of red to share with our dinner. Tons of interesting choices - we had the Foie Gras appetizers and the Spanish Octopus - melts in your mouth. Main courses include the Ostrich Loin which was perfectly medium rare, and exquisitely flavourful. All in all - terrific way to spend your dining dollars!Special Features:
- Nice touches for birthday dinnerKaliVIPDined on 5/17/2014I made a reservation from out of town via OT and noted it was my boyfriend's birthday. The hostess greeted him with a "happy birthday" which was nice. We ended up being the only table seated in the side room, along with a large table / party. This was quite noisy and a little awkward, as was the moment they brought us a (well-intentioned) cava to celebrate (my bf doesn't drink). The food was great, and the large party apologetic when they left, but it wasn't as quite as romantic as it might have been had we been seated elsewhere. (That said, we changed our reservation to move it up an hour at the last minute.) They brought candles with the dessert. So it was very nice, and the food was lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatmelmsswDined on 5/16/2014Intimate, quiet environment excellent service and fantastic ffoodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MizunaOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/16/2014Food and service was excellent, one of the best restaurants in Denver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RoostVIPDined on 5/14/2014Escolar, scallops, and octopus were amazing. Service was slow, slow, slow. Sommelier was attentive and a pleasure.
- Mizuna Mon Cheri!TerryDined on 5/14/2014Simply the best in the Denver metroplex....for years.Special Features:
- Great dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/13/2014Everything was high quality, from the bread, all the way to dessert. The wait staff is knowledgeable and accommodating. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014the food was wonderful, the wait staff was very courteous, and informative. very enjoyable eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic menu!DZCZDined on 5/9/2014I was glad to find a menu with a wide variety of foods that all seemed so outstanding it was hard to choose! If not for the fact that we only had the babysitter for a limited time we would have stayed a few more hours just to sample more of the dishes! Everything we had was made perfectly with outstanding ingredients and wonderful presentation....I just wish there was more time to try all of the appetizers! The lobster mac and cheese was the highlight to start with, but the ostrich tenderloin stole the show when the entrees came out! All around excellent experience! Be ready to try some new things and enjoy them all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the bestalexDined on 5/9/2014First time there. Wasnt dissapointed at all. Great food and great service. These people really know how to treat a customer.Special Features:
- another anniversary delight!1234VIPDined on 5/8/2014We try to eat at Mizuna a couple of times a year, but always on our wedding anniversary. It is such a delight -- the care and thought that goes into each dish and the cleverness of the combinations. We often get the 5 course combination, which gets you an appetizer, salad, a fish dish and a meat dish (all downsized from the entre portions). Frank Bonano personally was holding down the fort last night, probably due to the two young ladies from the Food network who were photographing each of their courses! The wait staff is extremely knowledgeable about each dish and solicitous of any requests or possible substitutions. All in all, a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Nice eveningBrianDined on 5/6/2014I took my wife and daughter for a special dinner. The service was perfect (a tough balancing act), the wine recommendation was superb , and the food (of course) was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressed!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/1/2014We were celebrating two birthdays and we told the restaurant this. They did not even slightly acknowledge it. The wait person was more busy talking to some guy at the bar then attending to us. I was truly disappointed and won't return.
- Amazing!DenverKVSVIPDined on 4/24/2014Mizuna is one of the best restaurants in town. It promises bright, fresh ingredients, creative cooking and lovely presentation. Frank and his team will always deliver a memorable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for Special OccasionsFrenchFavoriteDined on 4/24/2014Small intimate dining area - great view of kitchen - food is fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014My husband has wanted to come here for any years and we finally made the reservation. He opted for the Duck and he's never been a big fan of Duck, but realized how good it is when made properly. He was very complimentary of his dish. I had the Scallops and they were fantastic. The Somm is very interactive with every table that orders wine and even helps run food. I also listened to him give suggestions of different dessert wines and how each was different. I understand why this has been a long standing successful restaurant in the Denver area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top flight dining experienceJayhawk94Dined on 4/19/2014This was a top five dining experience for us. We chose the Chef's tasting menu with wine pairings. Pricey and worth it for a foodie. We'll unquestionably be back and probably for the same optionSpecial Features:
- MIZUNA SLIPPING ?PETERDined on 4/15/2014Have always rated Mizuna very highly among high-end '' conventional'' Denver restaurants. Have not been for a year, dined there a week ago and was rather disappointed. Meal was mediocre at best , altho' the sweetbreads appetizer was very good. Salads were boring , entrees rather messy in presentation , and not particularly interesting in flavor. Mizuna can do better than this.Special Features:
- Simply spectacularExquisiteVIPDined on 4/12/2014It was our first visit & we had an incredible experience. The fresh ingredients were so well put together. I hate it when the dishes are all trendy, but don't deliver with solid flavors & textures. Mizuna was pitch perfect. We had the 5 course meal & it was superb. Every single course & we each had differing dishes. It was all pitch perfect. Can't wait to go back!Special Features: