225 East Seventh Avenue
Denver, CO 80203Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mizunadenver.com/
- Phone: 3038324778
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Contemporary French, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Frank Bonanno
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Mizuna can accommodate up to 15 guests in our private dining room. Full buyouts are available for parties up to 55. Please contact our event coordinator for details.
- Private Party Contact: Emily Schwartz 3035251702
A word from Mizuna
Mizuna resonates with quiet conversation. The linen-draped tables and soft yellow dining room perfectly highlight the cuisine, also simple, elegant, and understated. Chef/owner Frank Bonanno has created a special spot for food lovers here. At Mizuna, cooks are given free creative reign over a menu that changes monthly to emphasize pure, seasonal ingredients with clean flavors that make even the most exotic fare seem familiar. Ultimately, this is an American-style restaurant heavy on French technique, influence, and philosophy with flawless service and an eclectic assortment of international wines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Mizuna - Best Restaurants in Central ›
Mizuna reviews from OpenTable diners
117 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (94)special occasion (88)romantic (80)notable wine list (73)neighborhood gem (46)hot spot (9)good for groups (8)great for outdoor dining (4)late-night find (3)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014Food is amazing. Service impeccable. Wine list great. It's a bit dark inside which I guess is for the ambience but they could turn the lights up a bit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menuwhineandfoodVIPDined on 9/19/2014The service was excellent from the valet parking to the hostess , waiter and sommelier. The agnolotti was fresh, savory and delicious. The grilled octopus was good but the grilling and lime eventually took over the flavor and the octopus was lost. Black bass dish was beautiful to look at and the fish itself was incredibly delicate and tender. My husband enjoyed the duck, stating it was some of the best duck he has had. Great wine recommendation from the som. We hadn't been back in a couple of years but will be making it more of a habit!Special Features:
- What a neighborhood gem!StldixieDined on 9/19/2014We were there early in the evening so it was quiet. The food was excellent to say the least. We had the foie gras which was to die for and I had bass. So well done. You can't miss going to this place for fine dining. Not stuffy so you CAN go in jeans or dress up. FabulousSpecial Features:
- Our Anniversary Go To!love2dineinCOVIPDined on 9/17/2014Mizuna never disappoints. During our recent visit we opted for a version of the Chef's Tasting. With this particular tasting, we closed our menus and let the Chef surprise us! We enjoyed 8 lovely courses and every bite was absolutely delectable. The food at Mizuna is out of this world but what I think puts it as one of our top restaurants in the Denver area, the service. Excellent and consistent customer service. Plus the dining room is very intimate and peaceful. The customer service, attention to detail, and phenomenal food are what keep us coming back to Mizuna.Special Features:
- Some highs...overall low.AzroadieVIPDined on 9/16/2014Things started well...the apps were simply fabulous. Very small portion sizes, but wonderful. In fact, if it weren't for us ordering 3 apps (all great), I'd have given the food 1 star as my meal was simply awful. My colleague had the same fish preparation and agreed that neither could eat it and would have complained had we not been with clients and had the server taken the time to inquire as to how it was...which he didn't. His lack of knowledge on the menu should have been my first clue. I don't know it was simply poor preparation of the fish dish, or a poorly planned recipe. Regardless, it was very bad. Based off their regularly changing menu and fabulous appetizers, I have high hopes that the other meals would have been better.Special Features:
- Good but pricey and noisybaldvolVIPDined on 9/13/2014Highly recommended on TripAdvisor. Good service and food but the noise from other dinner conversations made it difficult to have a private conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousFoodguruDined on 9/12/2014The food was exquisite. Couldn't say enough good things about my experience hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening!CharlieDined on 9/11/2014Mizuna is superb in every respect. We could not of had a better meal and better service. We would go again in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seems to be slippingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/10/2014Mizuna has always been our "favorite in Denver" restaurant. Unfortunately, the last couple of visits it has become apparent that the food quality is slipping. My guess is that Frank is giving the restaurant less personal attention than in the past and it shows. This is the curse of trying to manage many stores with less hands-on management of each. It will be a while before we return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/6/2014One of our most favorite in Denver. Equal to NYC or LA for intimate diningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014Steve our server was great. Food was good. I wear a hearing aid and noise level was perfect. We go to many high end restaurants and it is expensive for what you get. Good food but........Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a pleasuregdtrfbDined on 9/6/2014We've been to Mizuna a number of times over the past several years, and it never fails to disappoint. The service is always very professional and warm/welcoming from the moment you enter until departure. The food is always excellent: it is perfectly planned and executed. There is something on the menu for everyone and it is always great to get the staff's perspective on a dish, cocktail, wine... We have a couple of favorites on the front range and Mizuna is one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great special occasion meal!pipereatsVIPDined on 9/4/2014Everything we tried was delicious. Highly recommend the shrimp and grits and duck entrees. Kelly the sommelier guided us towards a fabulous (and affordable) bottle of wine as well. Great spot for a romantic, special occasion dinner.Special Features:
- ExceptionalLoveColoradoDiningVIPDined on 9/3/2014Easily among the very best in the city, from the inspired food to the impeccable service. Fantastic.Special Features:
- MizunaAnnivdinnerDined on 9/2/2014We had a lovely anniversary dinner. The food was great, The ambiance of the restaurant was casual elegance, our waiter was very friendly and solicitous, we had a lovely, special evening.Special Features:
- Mizuna always WowsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/30/2014As usual, Mizuna wowed us woth perfect everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PERFECTDavidDined on 8/30/2014A "go to" for a special occasion. This time a birthday. It was great this time as it has been in the past. Great and inventive food choices, new tastes, well presented and served. A great choice1Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menu / excellent foodRLReasonsVIPDined on 8/28/2014Late reservation so restaurant pretty empty on a Thursday night. Great service, strong recommendations with great menu knowledge. Excellent food - mussels and sweetbreads is a unique and excellent pairing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection DiningReeWritesDined on 8/28/2014After multiple high praises for Mizuna from friends in the know, we chose to go there to celebrate our 38th anniversary. It could not have been more appropriate! Beginning with complimentary champagne and ending with desserts to die for (not to mention, a fabulous half bottle of Baumard Savennières chenin blanc wine), every moment and morsel was savored. HIGH recommendations to anyone wanting to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding diningDAVEDined on 8/27/2014I have been here a few times and the food and service are both exceptional- Sit in the wine room if you can!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cold Food, Great Servicegreenbee1978Dined on 8/23/2014The service was excellent and we felt very satisfied with how we were treated. Unfortunately, our food was delivered cold and the $39.00 ribeye came in small slices. Everything we ordered was heavily salted and the scallop seemed nearly undecooked. Sadly, I would not recommend this establishment. I felt embarrassed I suggested this restaurant to my sibling who had driven 10 hours to visit.
- Nice outdoorKathyDined on 8/23/2014We enjoyed our dining experience. The Mac cheese lobster app was not hot and kitchen graciously took back and made it right. The scallops were delicious. Wine suggestions were perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for an AnniversaryDenverKidDined on 8/21/2014We started out with a glass of champagne and it just got better. The Spanish octopus appetizer was delicious and so was the roasted beet salad and then there was the duck and the New York strip, it was delicious. Our waiter was very good and took good care of my wife and I on our anniversary. I also recommend the sommelier who was a great help us and matched our meal perfectly.Special Features:
- Oh, WOW!!LovepilatesDined on 8/20/2014On Wednesday evening, my husband and I went to Mizuna for the first time to celebrate our anniversary. The appetizer was mac and cheese with poached Maine Lobster. Sounds pretty ordinary and simple, but it is NOT. It was the very best mac and cheese with lobster we have ever eaten. Can't wait to go back and just eat that!! My husband had Diver Scallops and I had the Roasted Duck Breast. Everything was just wonderful. The waiter couldn't have been more attentive and pleasant. As each course was presented, new silverware was placed on the table. It was a nice change from having to eat with the same fork. Definitely fwill be going back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDINGstellaDined on 8/20/2014We frequent Mizuna...because it is always PERFECT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dining experienceJJandMLDined on 8/19/2014Mizuna is an absolute gem. The service, food and wine were second to none. Definitely try the Lobster Mac and Cheese along with he Octopus appetizers. The duck was the best I've had in years.Special Features:
- Great experienceRMILDined on 8/16/2014The ambience was nice, food superb and the service impeccable. One of the best Denver restaurants.Special Features:
- Simply AWESOME!!FatDaddyVIPDined on 8/9/2014We have been here many times thru the years. It never disappoints. The food & service were awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceKristenDined on 8/9/2014My husband and I celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary at your restaurant and had a fantastic time. The food was delicious and our waiter was incredibly knowledgeable and helpful. We will definitely be recommending your restaurant to our friends and family as a spot for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!DineOutFrequentlyDined on 8/9/2014Nothing more needs to be said; always the best! Thanks to Frank and his entire staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place, Great PeopleSteveDined on 8/9/2014Mizuna incredibly keeps it's high quality of food and service. The people are always welcoming, not just the Hostess but anyone who is near the door when you arrive. You almost feel like you're visiting a relative's home. The menu changes seasonally but the presentation and quality stays exceptional. We took friends who had never been there before and they were extremely impressed. The staff made them feel at home and we all had a different entree and they were all great.Special Features:
- 22ndAnniversaryCoupleDined on 8/8/2014Totally worth the hype it gets and definitely a place to celebrate an anniversary or any other special occasion. The lobster mac & cheese really is good! The ingredients are put together in compelling taste combinations w/unusual subtlety of detail. Only BIG disappointment was the baby greens salad- totally blah albeit w/the expected freshness. On the other hand, the summer tomato salad was delightful w/the aforementioned combination of bright flavors. The NY strip was excellent as was the ostrich. The lemon pie desser was spectacular in its tartness & sweetness! Highly recommend this gem!Special Features:
- Wonderful!BusyNSweatpantsVIPDined on 8/8/2014I brought my mother and significant other here to meet for the first time. The food was outstanding and the staff was welcoming, efficient, and knowledgable. An all around phenomenal experience, and we will be returning soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner DateariselaineDined on 8/2/2014Great food and service. Romantic comfortable atmosphere. Good for dates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poot1Dined on 7/29/2014very impressed! great experience. the staff was superbSpecial Features:
- Absolutely spectacularPreston713Dined on 7/26/2014We visited Mizuna for our 1 year wedding anniversary and we were blown away. Our server, Steven was so wonderful, and very intelligent regarding the menu. The Sommilier Kelly was also very intelligent and could not have been more spot on with his wine selections for us. I could go on for hours about the food. It's obvious that any menu item you choose will be outstanding. They change their menu every month which is an excellent way to switch things up. If we could come back every month we would!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely!RealgustoDined on 7/25/2014The was the perfect lace to celebrate an anniversary. Great food, great service, great wine, and even a parking space across the street. The Bonanos have the right idea, and it's a good one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/22/2014This is the second time I dined at Mizuna. The food and service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was nice....wannabeDined on 7/19/2014Very nice, food was good, service was good, cocktails good, but I wouldn't say there was anything outstanding or truly memorable...I was hoping for more innovative big city experience, but hey, we are in Denver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just some thoughtsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/16/2014Everything was perfect from beginning to end!! What a fantastic find...look forward to returning next time we are in town!Special Features: