Mizuna Restaurant and Wine Bar
214 N Howard St
Spokane, WA 99201-0805Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $30 and under
Mizuna Restaurant and Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://mizuna.com/
- Phone: (509) 747-2004
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Vegetarian, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Chef Tyler Reynolds
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: You may reserve our wine bar for your special event on certain nights of the week. We can accommodate about 35 for formal dinners and up to 50 for informal gatherings. We can design a menu for your party with any of the appetizers below, from either of the dinner menus and the dessert menu. There is full bar service available, an extensive wine list, or non-alcoholic drinks if you would prefer.
- Private Party Contact: Mike 5097472004x
A word from Mizuna Restaurant and Wine Bar
Mizuna offers a dynamic seasonal menu featuring the best of fresh local organic Northwest ingredients. We are situated in the heart of downtown, housed in an old charming turn of the century building; with tall brick walls, wood floors, warm lighting, marble tables and modern fixtures. Mizuna’s enchanting environment has been a warm and welcoming refuge to locals and visitors alike. Unpretentious, knowledgeable staff buzz with warmth and enthusiasm, making the entire dining experience memorable.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Mizuna Restaurant and Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Spokane ›
Mizuna Restaurant and Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (44)romantic (36)special occasion (36)notable wine list (23)neighborhood gem (19)great for lunch (12)good for groups (11)hot spot (7)late-night find (5)great for outdoor dining (4)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Great food! I really enjoyedcmedinaDined on 12/8/2013Great food! I really enjoyed the variety and vegetarian options. I am not a vegetarian but my boyfriend is and we were both able to easily find something we could enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Veggies and Vegans.NishlupDined on 12/4/2013My go-to place. As a Vegan, there aren't too many places in the area that can actually cater something more than a salad. Mizuna is a great place with a creative menu for any kind of dietary need where you don't feel like you compromise on anything. Service is very friendly and informative and the environment is well balanced. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice lunch in downtown SpokaneKnoxvilleGuyVIPDined on 11/30/2013My wife and I stopped in here for a late lunch while staying in Spokane. Service was attentive and the food quality was good. We had soups and a wonderful burger, which we split. It's a nice loft-like space and wasn't really noisy. We did not check out the wine list or beers. Overall, a good stop for lunch.Special Features:
- Warm placeDuckDined on 11/23/2013A rare restaurant that our kids felt really comfortable in and enjoyed the food while the adults experienced high quality diningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful place, great food,stefDined on 11/9/2013wonderful place, great food, nice ambiance and awesome service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!steakloverDined on 10/28/2013One of the finest vegetarian meals I have enjoyed. Equisite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed ReviewTim3647Dined on 10/25/2013Difficult to review this restaraunt as the two entrees we ordered I would rate differently. I ordered the Pumpkin Striped Marlin, which was out of this world, but I almost never ordered it because the waitress could barely give me any details about it. My guest ordered the Pork Chop, which was very good, but the fritters that came with it were quite unremarkable. Also, they serve the Pork Chop medium rare ( according to our waitress) which my guest sent back to cook a little more thoroughly. The service was also quite unremarkable. Our waitress seemed virtually annoyed at our presence, and quite unhelpful, especially considering my guest has food allergies. I would go back if I could be assured of better service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average onlyCraigDined on 10/25/2013the service was bland, the food "good", the atmosphere brick and YUPPI, the noise level - near jet engine at takeoff. There is an Italian restaurant 4 blocks away that outshines Mizuna by a large margine in every catagory.
- Burnt creme60somethingDined on 10/20/2013The background noise from the kitchen was too loud for discussion at the table. We were dining with parents in who are in their 80's and they did not like the noise. The food was good. For dessert the parents ordered creams brûlée which is a burnt creme. What came was a creme plantain with a heavy chocolate topping. The dessert was good but not what the title suggested. I would suggest that they rename this dessert. The waitress said it was their version of creme brûlée and I got they impression that they had heard the comments before. We decided this would not be a restaurant we would try again.Special Features:
- Food was a surpriseSeagirlDined on 10/19/2013We enjoyed our food, but the drinks were sketchy. My predinner cocktail arrived in a 16oz pint glass with grapefruit substituted for lavender. Wine was delivered with a 2010 vintage instead of 2008. Both were rather flippantly dealt with by the staff. Imagine if we had been on an important date or business meeting. Thank god it was only out anniversary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good try for SpokaneJCHZ48Dined on 10/11/2013Overall the food was delicious. The service was very brisk even though we had asked not to be rushed. There were empty tables, so it wasn't that they had over booked. The main course was served before we had finished our salads. Our wait person was also making drinks. I would say the service is definitely lacking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mizuna meets all needsFoodieHeavenDined on 10/6/2013We had a wonderful dinner at Mizuna. Meat lovers & vegetarians were all pleased. Also liked the kids' menu, wine options & the herbal iced tea. Wait staff were terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- expensive/small portionsjodieVIPDined on 10/4/2013I had never been here - went before the ballet - heard the lobster mac and cheese was great - it was but there were 2 tiny bites of lobster and 5 bites of the mac and cheese - wines are expensive - the whole meal was $150 for a quick pre-ballet meal - the tables are crammed together so you can hear what everyone else is saying - probably won't go back -
- This place was perfect formattiekDined on 9/28/2013This place was perfect for my first date. I loved everything about this place keep up the good work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hopefully not a sign...fluffydDined on 9/27/2013If I llived in Spokane I'd eat here every month! The menu reads so fabulously that you want one of everything....but as they say, the proof is in the puddin' and it was not as good as the.menu! I ordered the chicken with wild mushrooms and a marsala sauce over linguine. The breast was dry and flavorless, there were hardly any mushrooms or flavor of mushrooms, and the sauce was thin and liquid-y, more like a broth. The white cheddar and apple salad was so underdressed it had no flavor. Mgnolotti with braised pork and a kambocha cream sauce (sounds good doesn't it?)was 5 dry, crispy, moon shaped raviolis in which the ffilling was a bit of the pork laid upon a tiny bit of sauce also flavorless. All in all, very disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll returnWillieDined on 9/23/2013Have dined here before. Warm reception. Decent pace of service. Well prepared and presented meals. Semi-decent wine list. Good overall experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for the TravelerDrheatherDined on 9/23/2013I was in Spokane for one night and this was the perfect spot for dinner. Healthy and high quality food and the service was sophisticated and knowledgeable. Restful place to have conversation and both relax from the travel day and prep for work with colleagues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great vegetarian selectionsHungryForVeggiesDined on 9/23/2013Great vegetarian selections, with plenty of meat dishes for friends. Try the vegetarian "meatballs", made from eggplant and mushrooms with a crispy outside.I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time patronsPaulDined on 9/21/2013We arrived at 7:30 pm on a Saturday night and found the place "hopping" and considerably noisier than expected. Think "sports bar" noisy! Our waitress was attentive, but not intrusive. Dinner took a long time coming, but was excellent when it arrived. My wife gagged on the ice tea describing it as "bitter". The tab was a little more than expected, but I'd definitely go there again ... for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great veggies!SweetPieDined on 9/21/2013The meats we ate were great but so were the veggies. It is so rare to have tasty veggies at a restaurant. Too often the veggies are over cooked or under cooked and tasteless. Mizuna's veggies were very yummy. It really added to our tasty meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded all expectationsMizunaDined on 9/12/2013More than a pleasant surprise. Everything, but most of all the meals, far exceeded all expectations. Five different entrees at our table and each was better than the next. Nothing short of fantastic all the way around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodsugnimDined on 9/6/2013It's rare to go out for a meal and be served something that is better than I can do at home. Mizuna definitely topped what I would cook at home, and the menu is very creative. My wife and I ordered 2 different dishes and we shared them both so that we could taste a wider variety of the foods. Together we had wild Alaskan salmon, wild Idaho red trout, pan seared green beans with garlic, braised kale, corn fritters, heirloom tomato salad, parsnip puree, risotto with wild mushrooms & lobster, and a housemade apple lemonade. Everything was over-the-top delicious, especially the humble parsnip puree. If you haven't tried this restaurant, take a chance--the food will not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd visit, as good as the firstOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/30/2013Although it is listed as vegetarian, this restaurant has two menus: one that is vegetarian and one that is locally sourced pacific northwest food. We also got to sample beer and wine from the region as well.Special Features:
- A Trip to ParislovestodanceDined on 8/30/2013This restraunt had a very European feel. The food was great and the atmosphere was too. The service was a little on the slow side, but I am finding that to be normal at these organic, all local, made from scratch restaurants. I would recommend it to anyone who likes to explore new foods and has time to sit back and enjoy their meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentYuminmytumDined on 8/16/2013Though kind of pricey well worth it. Defiantly will recommend to family/friends and out of town coworkers. Amazing selection of vegetarian dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/11/2013Passing by Spokane it was a great surprize to find this place. Food was superb and really creative, we did not try any any of the veggie dishes but they looked very interesting too. Sitting outdide was a plus even in an alley!!Special Features:
- Excellent dining experienceTheCountDined on 7/27/2013We are trying to change how we eat and have been trying numerous Spokane restaurant's vegetarian and vegan fare. Mizuna had a large selection of each as well as gluten free items and fantastic sounding meat dishes. The GF/ vegetarian dish that I ordered was outstanding and one would never guess that it was not a "normal" meal. My wife's fish was also excellent. We wait staff was attentive and knowledgeable. We will be returning often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a very very nice lunch - I'mOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2013a very very nice lunch - I'm looking forward to next timeSpecial Features:
- Excellent vegetarian choices.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/20/2013Excellent vegetarian choices. We especially liked the cheese platter and appetizers.Special Features:
- Fun EveningKevinDined on 7/20/2013We had a great time at Mizuna. I had the chef's special braised boar shoulder, my wife had the trout. Both were tasty from imaginative preparation, both had great serving sizes. Signature salad was better than most. We were looking for local wine recommendations and our server Amanda made excellent ones; she was interactive, attentive and fun without hovering. Cool restaurant with exposed brick, stained glass, dark woods.Special Features:
- Flexible and great for special dietAAeatsVIPDined on 7/18/2013Great service with very nice folks who were helpful (i need to be gluten free) with the menu. The food was delicious.Special Features:
- Poor service spoiled good foodKLS2013Dined on 7/18/2013Our waitress seemed to scamper around, but every single part of the meal was painfully slow. Repeated instructions & requests, long delays, botched orders, etc. maybe they were short- handed because of some unusual occurrence, or maybe she was jut incompetent, but poor service ruined the experience. We had soups & salads, which were fine, but not noteworthy.Special Features:
- Outstanding FoodEagle779VIPDined on 7/15/2013We had a small problem getting seated (they blamed computer issues), but once seated everything was great. Don't ignore the vegetarian menu - it has some of the best items. Limited wine list has a couple of good local choices. Nice outdoor patio protected from sun and wind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.