Mizuna Restaurant and Wine Bar
214 N Howard St
Spokane, WA 99201-0805Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $30 and under
Mizuna Restaurant and Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://mizuna.com/
- Phone: 5097472004x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Vegetarian, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Chef Tyler Reynolds
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: You may reserve our wine bar for your special event on certain nights of the week. We can accommodate about 35 for formal dinners and up to 50 for informal gatherings. We can design a menu for your party with any of the appetizers below, from either of the dinner menus and the dessert menu. There is full bar service available, an extensive wine list, or non-alcoholic drinks if you would prefer.
- Private Party Contact: Mike 5097472004x
A word from Mizuna Restaurant and Wine Bar
Mizuna offers a dynamic seasonal menu featuring the best of fresh local organic Northwest ingredients. We are situated in the heart of downtown, housed in an old charming turn of the century building; with tall brick walls, wood floors, warm lighting, marble tables and modern fixtures. Mizuna’s enchanting environment has been a warm and welcoming refuge to locals and visitors alike. Unpretentious, knowledgeable staff buzz with warmth and enthusiasm, making the entire dining experience memorable.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Mizuna Restaurant and Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Spokane ›
Mizuna Restaurant and Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (42)special occasion (34)romantic (28)notable wine list (20)neighborhood gem (18)great for outdoor dining (16)good for groups (15)great for lunch (7)late-night find (5)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- Great AgainKootenayFoodieDined on 8/16/2014This is our third time here. The menu always has such interesting Choices with great flavors. It's always hard to choose! Portions are large, great value, but the main thing is the way the food taste! Everyone at our table really enjoyed their meal. An absolute must is the trout bruschetta! Looking forward to going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local ingredients w Asian flairazsharaDined on 8/16/2014Mizuna is a low key restaurant perfect for a special occasion or just to enjoy the high quality local food prepared with a subtle Asian influence. They offer two menus - one for vegetarian/vegan diners and another for carnivores. We chose dishes from the carnivore menu. We shared the babyback boar ribs on gorgonzola thyme latkes w blueberry chipotle BBQ sauce - so tender and flavorful we didn't need knives. I had the seared duck served w heirloom carrots, wild rice in a citrus vinaigrette all drizzled w lavender honey. The duck fat was perfectly rendered and the drizzle of honey lent that tiny bit of sweetness to counterbalance the richness of the dish. Dessert was flourless chocolate cake w candied ginger and a blood orange reduction.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An outstanding experience!CRakDined on 8/15/2014A local friend had recommended this as their favorite place, so we were expecting a nice experience. But it was more. Our server was knowledgeable, helpful, and just the right amount of attentive. Recommendations were spot on. Food was amazing - I loved the incredibly fresh veggies done just right and the complex flavors of the curry. The flourless chocolate torte with ginger was an amazing finish to a fine evening. This restaurant makes me wish I lived in Spokane!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegan/Vegetarian Friendly!VeganEater74Dined on 8/14/2014We ordered a half vegan roasted beet and lentil salad and the field roast/shiitake mushroom lettuce wraps. The salad was rather plain without the chevre. The lettuce wraps were outstanding and a highlight of the meal. I ordered the cauliflower and eggplant samosas, and my wife had the Chinese five spice planet tofu. My dish was excellent and I'd recommend it to anyone. The tofu was overpowered by fennel but tasted great with the polenta and apple chutney that it was served with. The staff was attentive and pleasant, great atmosphere, though the view of Macy's wasn't very inspiring but unavoidable. Due to quality of ingredients and homemade preparation, the plates are a bit pricey for budget conscious customers.Special Features:
- Great food; variable servicejackvjrDined on 8/12/2014The food is consistently among the best in town. The Portuguese Clams first plate I had was easily enough for a main course for one or to share with two. The thickened broth was the best I've ever had. My other loved the trout with risotto.Special Features:
- Excellent Food!AubreyeatsDined on 8/12/2014I went to Mizuna with two others on a Tuesday evening. Really glad I made reservations though because it was packed when we showed up! Service was a little slow because of the full house , I think there was a show at the INB that evening. We ordered the gnocchi, stuffed portobello mushrooms, and duck entrees. It was all delicious! Love the marble tables. No wine for us that night but there was a varied list available. Great atmosphere.Special Features:
- Fabulous first anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014We were lucky enough to have an evening away from our 2 year old for our anniversary, but we did bring our 8 month old with us and the staff were so friendly and accommodating. He behaved himself very well and allowed us to enjoy an amazing meal! I knocked off two foods from my foodie bucket list and enjoyed every bite! I just wish we had left room for desert :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food againfoodieVIPDined on 7/30/2014Once again an excellent dining experience at Mizuna. Food is innovative and beautifully presented, not too mention super delicious. Our party od 4 all had faultless meals. The wait staff is professional and friendly.Special Features:
- aims high, but delivers lowChitownFoodieVIPDined on 7/27/2014While the ambience and service was good, the food just didn't deliver. I had great expectations based on the menu descriptions for my meal. I selected a Quinoa salad appetizer and then trout with risotto. While the Quinoa was flavorful, the texture was off. It was very wet and not at all fluffy. The trout tasted like it had been covered with sugar and the risotto was a mushy mess. The portion sizes also seemed extremely large. I couldn't recommend this restaurant to anyone.
- We loved Mizuna!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014We had a party of eight on Saturday evening 7/26 - it was a special occasion and we loved our meal, the setting, our server. Everything was wonderful. Thank you!Special Features:
- Really great dining experiencetravellingdiner1104Dined on 7/21/2014We stopped in Spokane on our vacation and tried the highly rated Mizuna. What a great experience . I had the trout and it was fantastic. Service was great. If we lived in Spokane it would be a place we would go to on special occasions often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JenMaeDined on 7/13/2014Drove through Spokane on our way to and from a Montana wedding....and we had dinner here both nights! After a total of 4 dishes and 2 desserts, wish we lived close enough for another meal. Salmon, pork chops, clams... all superb. But the sesame crusted ahi salad was a repeat dish. Delicious!! In addition to the great food, our service was efficient and relaxed thanks to Jordan. She remembered every detail of our first visit (including which family member was getting married). A wonderful experience all-around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All Around WonderfulFoodieJJDined on 7/4/2014My whole family greatly enjoyed our experience here. The ambience was relaxing and fun, the service was excellent and the food was lovely. If I lived in the area Mizuna would be a favorite place to go regularly.Special Features:
- LovechocolateVIPDined on 6/21/2014Delicious!!!! Must try the flatbread with smoked trout!!! And it's a nice size portion. The shirt rib(special if the day)was great too! Chicken dish was tasty! Love the high tables, so comfortable! Waiters great! Go thee! No... Run!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeOlymomVIPDined on 6/13/2014We had a very pleasant experience here. The servers were very engaging and personable. It was relatively quiet early for a Friday, but was full by 7:30 or so. Our table had a halibut special, and seafood pappardelle, and the chicken. It was all good, but we were hoping for excellent. The highly touted carrot cake pleased one who doesn't normally like carrot cake, but didn't thrill those who do. It's still a good spot for downtown and we will likely return on another trip.Special Features:
- kennyjayDined on 6/12/2014Great service, excellent wine list waitress was very knowledgeable about the wine list. Overall great time. Would go back again.Special Features:
- An Excellent Choice in SpokaneTravelingFoodieDined on 6/11/2014This place has its culinary act together! Creative Martinis, very nice wine list and hand-crafted deliciousness in every course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded expectationswanderingoneDined on 6/7/2014We had vegetarians and meat eaters in our group. Everyone agreed the food was spectacular. The service left no complaints, pleasant, prompt and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- Perfect ambiance all year around!dineinthe509Dined on 6/7/2014I really love Mizuna! It is cozy in the winter with the exposed brick interior and seasonal menu. There is really nothing like it on a nice summer evening when you can sit outside under the bistro lights with a glass of wine. I cannot go there without ordering the Ahi Salad (I have had it 3 times in the last 2 weeks!!) because it is so fresh, light, perfectly seasoned, and a generous portion of fish. The sweet potato quesadilla is tasty too! I definitely can never pass up the vegan carrot cake - always most, a nice spice aspect and never disappoints. I know people can be weary of a vegan dessert, but trust me, you will not regret it! The service is always a little scattered, but everyone is sweet and knowledgeable. Be patient.Special Features:
- PerfectPoquitaDined on 6/3/2014We dined there with some out-of-town guests who were also thoroughly impressed with the evening. It was a business dinner and the waitress was very mindful of that, yet at the same time she was attentive and courteous. the food was just simply wonderfulI would recommend this to a friend.
- very good experienceDaveDined on 5/24/2014Service, food, atmosphere were all very good. This was our first experience & we will return. Next time I will definitely try the vegan menu. Dinner was a great finish for a special day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing placeKileyDined on 5/23/2014The food here was divine. My husband is a meataholic and even he loved the vegetarian dishes. This place puts Cafe Flora in Seattle to shame. The meat dishes especially the smoke trout were also very good. Service was excellent and the restaurant is huge but feels cozy and romantic. The only thing I didn't care for was dessert it was too sweet for my tastes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/18/2014The flavour was good. The price was good considering the quality and portion. The service was a little slow but server was wonderful.Special Features:
- Culinary DelightFoodEDined on 5/18/2014My daughter wanted a quiet, intimate dinner with immediate family and a close friend for her college graduation celebration. I chose this restaurant based on reviews on line, months ahead of time, from another state. It was perfect that I could make reservations months ahead of time and have confirmation of these reservations. We celebrated with wonderful champagne and incredible appetizers. The trout brochette was agreed by all to be the most incredible. I chose a vegetarian option of grilled vegetables which was fantastic. And my other family members who love meat were equally pleased with their meals. We all chose different options and everyone was impressed. It was a lovely meal and evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great MealChicagofoodfanVIPDined on 5/17/2014We were in Spokane for just 3 nights and after sampling food here our first night, we came back for more our final night in Spokane. Table was great near the window and our server Jocelyn took very good care of us. Highly recommended if you're in Spokane. Great wine, food and service.Special Features:
- Expected very good.. so it was!KDinSpokaneDined on 5/17/2014Everything on the menu is very tempting, so the choices are difficult. Dining partner ordered the duck breast which was cooked perfectly. My order was the special of the evening, Marlin, also cooked just to the right degree. I will mention that the accompaniments were a little over-done. It was a very busy night in town, so service was a little slow, but that was just fine since we had time to enjoy the meal and didn't feel rushed to finish as things slowed down. The server was knowledgeable about the offerings and the wine list. The atmosphere is very contemporary and casual while it is fine dining. Slightly pricey, but worth it. There are not many comparable menus in town. The cheese plate starter: great!Special Features:
- Spokane Gem!ChicagofoodfanVIPDined on 5/15/2014My wife came to town for a graduation. We are from Chicago. Found Mizuna on Open Table, great reviews and gave it a try for late night wine and a couple plates. Fantastic! We're seated outside with a great Oregon Pinot Noir, some olive tapenade, a beet salad and some house made bread. Couldn't have been lovelier. Great service by Jordan. Next time in Spokane, will be there again.Special Features:
- Flavorful FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/14/2014Food was well prepared and very tasty. It seems to be an Indian style cuisine, as far as the use of spices is concerned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014Great food, service and atmosphere. Thoroughly enjoyed our evening there.Special Features:
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014We had a large group at dinner. We celebrated my sister-in-law's wedding anniversary, Graduation Day, and Mothers' Day at Mizuna. Everyone was happy and satisfied. Great food, great service. Thanks!Special Features:
- Good Splurgemap2Dined on 5/11/2014My wife and I enjoyed our evening at Mizuna. The waiter was professional and appropriate, however he didn't know the wine list very well because when I ordered a glass of Shiraz, he had to look at my menu to see it. The ambiance was what we expected given the prices, but the bread was pretty average - probably a baguette from costco. Of course, we're suckers for bread, so we ate it all anyways. Looking back, I might've expected something more memorable or homemade. The meal was very good, but I have to say, I was expecting a bit more creativity or artistry on the plate based on prices and previous reviews. Overall, Mizuna was a nice night out, but I think I'd look around for other options before going again.Special Features:
- Graduation partyClovisDined on 5/10/2014There were 10 of us and we all had great meals!!! It was a busy night because of gonzaga graduation and some prom dates. Party next to us was large and loud but to be expected!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great staffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014My date decided to change her order at the last second and they did it no problem And didn't charge us at all for her first order. True professional staff and elegant restaurant . Great place. And food blew us away so good!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old favorite disappointssydneyscaleDined on 5/3/2014Very disappointing experience. Were seated in " New" section. Bland, no art, very noisy. our server was rude and impatient. Our food took forever and when my husband inquired about it our server snapped that the kitchen was overwhelmed by a party of 18. We had reservations so not just walk ins they were trying to accommodate. I had the special manicotti which was very bland worth a thin sauce. our friend had the special lamb chops which came out cold. Overall a very expensive and disappointing experience.
- This place was recommended to uscedtDined on 5/1/2014One of our friends ate here and she raved about it, and so we came. We tried the sesame crusted seared ahi tuna salad (love the salad dressing), grilled idaho trout (moist) & stuffed delicata squash (crispy gluten, yum!). Overall, the food was well done. The waitress was attentive and friendly. We would recommend this place, and would come back here again.Special Features:
- The following 60 reviews are from the Mizuna Restaurant and Wine Bar reviews archive.
- First timeOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/29/2014This was my first time at this restaurant. I was there for lunch and what a great find! I will be back.
- We go there about every two monthsRopemanDined on 4/25/2014Consistent food. Nice wine list. Attentive service without being over-bearing. We appreciate that we never feel rushed. Probably the biggest negative is that this is downtown restaurant. Long drive from home into an area that is becoming notorious for aggressive panhandling and crime.Special Features:
- Service was amazing !healthyfunfoodsDined on 4/12/2014Jordan the waitress was AWESOME ! She was so helpful, patient and kind to all of us...we had a variety of ages at our table with all different kinds of needs and she met all of them....was a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real pleasure!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/2/2014Fine food, a very nice wine list (we had a half bottle of Châteauneuf-du-Pape) and very pleasant service. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect little gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/29/2014Mizuna is perfect. The food wonderful, healthy, and a nice variety. The wait staff is outstanding-definately professional. The wine list was a nice balance of prices and selections without being overwhelming.Special Features: