Mizumi - Wynn Las Vegas
3131 Las Vegas Boulevard South
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
Wynn Las Vegas and Encore
JapanesePrice: $50 and over
Mizumi - Wynn Las Vegas
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://wynnlasvegas.com/
- Phone: 7027703320x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese, Asian
- Executive Chef: Devin Hashimoto
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The handsome teppan room magnificently transcends the typical teppanyaki experience with floor-to-ceiling windows framing postcard views of cascading waterfalls and sparkling lagoons. Eight spacious cooking stations are available, accommodating a total of 64 guests. Mizumi's exclusive semi-private dining room offers a more intimate setting in which to savor chef Hashimoto's extraordinary cuisine. The crimson decor theme is enhanced by a fanciful display of hand painted and gilted Japanese fans. A maximum of 14 guests may be accommodated at one rectangular table. Mizumi's signature floating pagoda offers a truly unique al fresco dining experience at the foot of a coursing waterfall.
- Private Party Contact: Restaurant Events 7027702251x
- Cross Street: Las Vegas Boulevard South at Sands Avenue
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: Valet parking is available at the Wynn Main Gate, located on Las Vegas Boulevard, or the Wynn South Tower Gate, on Sands Avenue off of Las Vegas Boulevard. Complimentary, fully-enclosed self-parking is available at the Wynn self-park garage located off Las Vegas Boulevard just past the Wynn Main Gate.
A word from Mizumi - Wynn Las Vegas
Star chef Devin Hashimoto, whose talent for marrying Japanese flavors with French technique earned critical raves as chef de cuisine at Alex Stratta’s five-star temple of haute French dining, now brings his deft modern touch to the Mizumi experience. Like its sister restaurants at Wynn and Encore, Mizumi is dramatic to the eye, a sweeping space framed by panoramic views of a tranquil lagoon and Zen-like gardens. Sliding glass panels open onto two majestic waterfalls, each cascading into a shimmering koi-filled pond. A diverse range of imaginative and authentic dining experiences are available here - from Hashimoto’s a la carte menu of creations both classic and trendy to the authentic robata grill cooking, the more theatrical teppan yaki room where chefs prepare multi-course dinners tableside, or the superb sushi and sashimi bar offerings. With its iconic waterfalls, stunning décor creative Japanese fare, this oasis of tranquility offers world-class dining in the heart of Wynn.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerJapanese
Mizumi - Wynn Las Vegas - Best Restaurants in Wynn Las Vegas and Encore ›
Mizumi - Wynn Las Vegas reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
romantic (49)scenic view (45)special occasion (44)fit for foodies (35)hot spot (17)good for groups (15)great for outdoor dining (15)notable wine list (9)late-night find (9)neighborhood gem (6)vibrant bar scene (6)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- LovechocolateVIPDined on 8/18/2014We always enjoy the view, the service and decor. Food is great. Had lobster this time: highly recommend it, sashimi always good, wish they d have a wakami salad. Now on the dessert note I had to go look for a dessert in a different place because get this: no dark chocolate dessert! What?? Unacceptable I won't come back just for the food, dessert is very importantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced but delicious.RAllenDined on 8/15/2014We were lucky enough to be seated next to the lake so we had a lovely view for dinner. Salads and sushi were very good, but this restaurant is definitely overpriced for what you get. I guess that applies to most of Vegas though. The lobster was the best part. It was huge 1.5lbs and was enough for my husband and I to share. Cocktails were amazing. Our waiter disappeared for long periods of time but that's probably not a universal issue. Skip the dessert. We ordered the chocolate mask and it was gross. If you're looking for sushi in Vegas I would go somewhere else.Special Features:
- eaycowDined on 8/3/2014Lovely...great ambiance and food...a great evening!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great sushi!catgirlDined on 8/3/2014This spot was recommended by someone we met in Vegas. It was fantastic! If you want great sushi and service go to Mizumi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty good.DarkGhostDined on 7/28/2014Service was nice. Food was a bit hit and miss depending on what you ordered (they have a large menu). Mentaiko Spaghetti was interesting, with a bit of surprising spiciness, Pork Belly was tender, the Mizumi Roll was surprisingly bland, and the Guava Cake was delicious! I would try it again and order different dishes. The prices are a bit high for the value of some food, though the atmosphere is eye-catching and the Mizumi Cloud is an awesome cocktail.Special Features:
- Great High End SushiKLC726VIPDined on 7/26/2014This place is really special. It is a very pretty restaurant. Easy to get to as it is right off the main lobby. You do not need to hike through a casino to get there. The sushi is very different than what you usually find on a typical sushi menu. The raw fish slices were really thick and long and presented beautifully over ice. They were succulent and delicious. All the food presentations were unique as was the food. Ask for a table by the window so you can see the waterfall. The waiter (Anthony) and busboy (Paul) were attentive and friendly and added to a nice dining experience. The food was really outstanding, but definitely pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre food. Stunning atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014Food is below average for fine dining restaurant. But the environment makes up for it. It's beautiful scenery and perfect for date night. Their dessert was superb however. I was not impressed with their Entree, vegan bibimbap. As Steve (Wynn) is vegan, I was expecting the vegan options to be above average. It didn't bring the value I was expecting for the money they charge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So very impressed!annaVIPDined on 7/5/2014To be totally honest, when we first sat at the table we all gulped at the prices - this never happens to us! We decided to order a few things figuring we can always run to Otto Enoteca for delicious pizza after our small bites. We first ordered the albacore Sashimi appetizer. It literally melted in my mouth and will remain a top ten dish from any restaurant I've been to. From that bite to the crab roll and even the crispy broccoli, I was blown away by the flavors. We ate until our bellies were full and out pockets were empty but haven't stopped thinking about this experience since. This is my new favorite restaurant in Vegas - well done!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushi gorgeous restaurantEseekerDined on 6/29/2014They have great sushi and I think it is one of the most beautiful restaurants I've ever been in. Two waterfalls, vibrant colors, it's amazing. My last trip service was a bit sketchy. Disappointing at such a great place. More disappointing considering it's in the Wynn. But still worth going!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great! Service, not sojtpatryDined on 6/24/2014Evening didn't start off well, was told my shorts were not appropriate attire for the dining room. There was no mention of this on the Open Table restaurant description, but small size outside the restaurant indicating this. Went & changed. Server came took our order and we waited...and waited. Noticed a couple beside us (sat down 20 mins after us) received meal. Server came back and asked if we were ready to order...Needless to say, order wasn't placed. No recognition of the blatant screw-up, food came. server came back and asked if we wanted anything else. we told the server we still were missing several items from the initial order. again, no acknowledgment of the mess up. Very disappointed, especially with Vegas costs!
- Amazing Servicenom604Dined on 6/21/2014Beautiful view of the waterfall at the Wynn. Close to the main entrance so you don't have to walk around forever to find the restaurant. The Mentaiko Spaghetti is a must try. All around great service.Special Features:
- Exceeds Expectations Again!CindyVIPDined on 6/20/2014My husband and I have dined often at Mizumi and each experience is better than before. The room is spectacular with incredible interiors and a gorgeous view to the waterfall. Service from the hostesses and the wait staff is friendly, but extremely professional. Of course the food is top quality - must try the ever so smooth oh toro sashimi. I also recommend trying the chef's specials which are original and delicious. When we come to Vegas, it's hard for us to go any where else for dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- serene oasisolympicVIPDined on 6/13/2014Had a wonderful meal at Mizumi. The setting is beautiful with the backdrop of the pond and waterfall. What a calm oasis in the middle of the strip. Food and service were both great, be sure to order the brussel sprouts, amazing!!Special Features:
- Amazing sushi!GigiDined on 6/4/2014If you love sushi you need to visit this place. Ambience is great and scenery of the waterfall. Just beautiful and deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TOO RESTRICTIVE FOR VEGASILUVFINEFOODDined on 5/31/2014I presented on time to Mizumi. I had a nice, and rather dressy bermuda shorts on. The greeters immediately intercepted me as if I was trying to walk in as a criminal indicating that my attire was unacceptable. While they took the time to explain that, they also seated a male guest who was wearing thongs, with dirty feet and jeans and what looked like a fruit of the loom inside shirt, simply because his pants length made the cut. Admittedly, they did offer me a seat at the sushi bar that abutted the hallway to the bathrooms. At this point in my life and with an accomplished career and of appropriate wealth, I chose not to sit in the same dining area as the guy with dirty feet (I am talking car mechanic dirty) simply because her had jeans onSpecial Features:
- Over the topFrankieQuasarDined on 5/30/2014Service, Food, atmosphere was over the top! We ordered the Chef tasting, we were not disappointed I would definitely visit again. Wynn never disappointsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible Sushi & ServiceBAMnSAMDined on 5/29/2014Laura & Edgar made the evening special with great service .... Best Sushi- fresh, nice cuts and great presentation.Special Features:
- Awesome!pinkluverDined on 5/24/2014Service was great! Food was amazing! We were seated with a beautiful waterfall view, and there is an option to sit by the waterfall as well. Great time with my girls there :)Special Features:
- Good sushiPatriciaDined on 5/23/2014Our dinner was delicious. Good sushis. Beautiful waterfall. Romantic. Worth visiting. Our table was next to the water and the food excelle t. We followed the recomendarions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extra ServicespcoccasionsDined on 5/17/2014Not only was the dinner great, but when I left my credit card at the restaurant, they contacted me and found an easy way for me to retrieve it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!!RenaeDDined on 5/15/2014Best sushi/sashimi we've ever had! Everything was so fresh and melt in your mouth delicious! Normally I don't enjoy sashimi, but the fish here was so good I had to order a second dish! Yum!!! The presentation was beautiful as well. They found out it was my birthday the next day when they ID'd us for drinks, and they were so kind to bring me a complimentary dessert, complete with a candle :) The service was exceptional as well. With a view of the Wynn waterfalls, it was a very romantic, enjoyable night. Will definitely go back if we get the chance. Favorite place we ate in Vegas all week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/12/2014As a vegetarian I usually have few menu selections. The Mizumi menu had so many choices, for once I had a hard time deciding. The food was outstanding and my non-vegetarian companions would agree!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice decorEstelaVIPDined on 5/10/2014The bar is beautifully decorated, in red tones, as is the restaurant. Food is good, the service was kind of slow.Special Features:
- One of the best restaurant in VegaschatterbugDined on 5/9/2014I enjoyed every aspect of dinner! From the cocktails ( Mizumi Cloud is best cocktail I've ever had ) to appetizers to dinner, Mizumi was one of the best experiences that I had while in Vegas. This is not to be missed!Special Features:
- Best Restaurant at the Wynn!MidgieVIPDined on 5/7/2014Love this restaurant! Outstanding food and service! We make a point to come here when we're in Vegas.
- Excellent JapaneseLvfoodDined on 5/3/2014The sushi was outstanding especially yellowtail sashimi. Wagu melted in your mouth. Sake was an excellent compliment to a more than satisfying meal. Lakeside seats were very scenic. All in all one of the best sushi experiences I have had.Special Features:
- The following 99 reviews are from the Mizumi - Wynn Las Vegas reviews archive.
- Dinningmulan62Dined on 4/28/2014We enjoyed the evening with great pleasure. Only the temperature was too cold. It would be more comfortable if the aîr-conditioning wasn't so cool.Special Features:
- Made our trip!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014This place was fantastic. I came here with my girlfriend to celebrate my birthday and our anniversary and this was the perfect place for a couple to enjoy a delicious, romantic dinner. When the waiter asked for my ID for my beer he took notice it was my bday and surprised me with a bday treat. Such an awesome place i highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Sushi dreamrgbeatsDined on 4/25/2014Our dinner at Mizumi was incredible. The service was superior and the environment is truly fantastic. But the most amazing part, was that every dish that came out was even more delicious than the last. Just when we each thought we had found our favorite dish, something new and even tastier was brought to the table. Every last detail was accounted for, flavors were impeccable and presentation was beautiful.Special Features:
- hottieVIPDined on 4/20/2014A fabulous tasting menu with wine pairings. We felt we were the only ones in the restaurant because of the great service. We would definitely come back again.Special Features:
- Great food but ignored my requestari04Dined on 4/18/2014Amazing food, good service, but over a month in advance when booking, I requested outside seating, I called the morning of the day to confirm and they had given it away. That was disappointing. Amazing food other than thatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MizumiThetruthDined on 4/13/2014Overpriced, mediocre food, average service. Not what you expect for the super high price.
- Sushi Rolls and Ambiance Were AmaziSunnieDined on 4/12/2014My girl friend and I made reservations for a Sat night here and were not disappointed. We requested a table out by the waterfall and loved every min. I ordered the ribs, while my friend ordered beef tartar, the oysters and liver pate. We also ordered the Philadelphia and yellow tail classic rolls. First off the rolls were fantastic. With the setting and these alone I'd be back. Due to the wide variety of items we picked we also asked for the sommelier's suggest as to a wine. She suggested a Cote de Rhone which paired well with pretty much everything. The only thing I wouldn't have gotten again was the ribs. They were good but not great. I thought they could use more flavor.Special Features:
- great!!marie13Dined on 4/3/2014magnifique decor avec une table merveilleusement bien placee pres de la cascade.petit dessert offert a l occasion de notre lune de miel,nourriture tres bonne,presentation et service irréprochables.a recommander!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La neighborhood - sky high pricesMikeDined on 4/2/2014I felt the food was average to good , comparable to many good neighborhood Japanese.. It should be outstanding for the prices. Service pleasant but slow
- Very niceHectortheinspectorDined on 3/29/2014This place is very comfortable. Table was nice and big. The food was good. The service was ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not great.GmillDined on 3/29/2014Nice place with great views. Food was good but overly small portions for the price. Service was good. When we arrived we noticed they had Teppanyaki and we asked if we could have that but were told no because our reservation wasn't for that. Not sure how that works since the web site didn't give a choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service 5 stariiCTVvegas1Dined on 3/29/2014Wonderful drinks wine food service in a remarkable settingSpecial Features:
- Japanese Food at its FinestAmyADined on 3/28/2014Steve Wynn should be really proud of Mizumi. The restaurant is gorgeous, the view is spectacular, the inside/outside feel of the location is enticing. The food is excellent and worth every penny, albeit expensive. The service is outstanding; everyone was incredibly attentive. The "red" color of the entire place is envigorating. Would go again and again.Special Features:
- The food was egotistical butBBfanDined on 3/15/2014The food was egotistical but without reason. flavoring was pale. service was lackluster and appeared disinterested and disingenuous.Special Features: