2981 Michelson Dr.
Irvine, CA 92612Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mizukirestaurant.com/
- Phone: (949) 251-0555
- Hours of Operation:
11:30AM Till LATE
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese, Asian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Mizuki
Mizuki, an authentic Japanese restaurant in Irvine, CA, specializing in Japanese Cuisine & Sushi.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mizuki reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (3)great for lunch (3)neighborhood gem (3)vibrant bar scene (3)good for groups (2)special occasion (2)hot spot (2)notable wine list (2)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)romantic (1)Show More
- wonderful meal, lovely staffvrallsDined on 10/24/2014i had a very nice meal here. The fish is very fresh, the selection is wide and the staff friendly. Recommended.Special Features:
- Great food and ambience!!KahalaDined on 9/19/2014Wonderful authentic Japanese food in Irvine! I am originally from Japan and had hard time looking for a great Japanese restaurant, but this restaurant goes over and beyond. Must go place for everyone!! It may be a little pricy, but if you are looking for a great experience, this is the place!!Special Features:
- A very poor experience.PvbrocVIPDined on 8/30/2014Service was terrible. Everyone's dinner came out at different times. They ran out of rice...you can't make this stuff up! One more time...they ran out of rice! The sushi was average at best and given the poor service, that only made a bad experience even worse. Did I mention that they ran out of rice?
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/27/2014Inside is very spacious. Had a business lunch meeting here and the sound level was quiet enough to conduct a conversation without any problems. Food is also very good, too!Special Features:
- The following 9 reviews are from the Mizuki reviews archive.
- They did right by meOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/20/2014I made a reservation on line and I was trying to impress someone. I mentioned this in the reservation and the hostess reserved a private booth. The restaurant & patio look really nice. Their wine selection was good. Service was outstanding!!! Very knowledgable and extremely friendly. What brought it all together was the white tuna, the blue fin, and shrimp & crab specialty rolls. The food is dynamite!!! Please consider this place for any occasion. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice compromise between food & vibeCapatainSensibleVIPDined on 5/30/2014While sushi purists will have reservations re: the quality and combinations of the food (the lobster roll has more synthetic crab in in than it should, and they use a lot of synthetic crab vs the 'real' snow crab as prior reviewers have remarked), I found that this place is a good start to bring a date for a night of partying. The sushi is good and comes in plenty of (sometimes wild) combinations, the staff is friendly and tries hard to make you feel comfortable, the drinks and wine are reasonably priced, and the place has a cutting-edge decor and decent music (both pretty rare for a sushi place), which gives it a good party vibe. There is outside seating in front of the place and ample free parking in this commercial area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Splendid, authentic fareOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/2/2014Great place for some authentic Japanese selections and noodles. We tried one roll which was very good, but went there to start sampling from the cold and hot appetizer part of the menu. Also had a bowl of the Special Soba noodles (green tea soba in a cold dashi broth). Flights of sake along with some very pleasant jazz playing in the background added to our dining pleasure. Service was excellent. Looking forward to returning. We were there at 6:30 on a Friday night, had a reservation but had most of the restaurant to ourselves until 7:30-ish. A real gem for that part of Irvine.Special Features:
- This place is a gem! I finallyKahalaDined on 3/28/2014This place is a gem! I finally found an authentic Japanese restaurant that really serves its cuisine. Great place to dine!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Good MenuSvenDined on 2/4/2014If it's a sunny day, the outdoor seating is really nice. Fresh air, people watching, & the heaters keep it warm. Mizuki might consider upgrading the interior dining area. The food is really good (i especially like the sashimi). The main dining area is not as inviting as the food. Overall, i really like this place and expect to be back many times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food but over pricedFishandchipsVIPDined on 8/10/2013I was there for dinner. Every dish I ordered was delicious but the price was way too high. The service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Sushi & TempuraBrimDined on 3/1/2013Some of the best sushi I have eaten in a long time. The L.A. Angel roll is exquistely crated using some kind of citrus seasoning, different and very tasty. The mixed tempura ampetizer was perfect for two people to share and was light and very delicious. For a Friday night the place was not very busy, which to me means people either do not know about the place, or they are fed up with the parking situation which is not the best. Not the resturant's fault, but the parking lot is perpetually full...just too many businesses in that area.
- Great Happy Hour deal! VeryOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/30/2013Great Happy Hour deal! Very Friendly service and food was excellent! They have outside seating, too.Special Features:
- Fantastic food !!! Taste,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/22/2012Fantastic food !!! Taste, presentation perfect. Chefs Choice dinner ($60.00) well worth it. Beautiful food with sophisticated taste. A rare find.Special Features: