Mizu Prime Steak & Sushi
3001 Ranch Road 620 South
Austin, TX 78738Neighborhood:
Bee Caves / Lakeway / Lake Travis
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Mizu Prime Steak & Sushi
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mizuaustin.com/
- Phone: 5122632801
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday from 5pm to 10pm
Friday - Saturday from 5pm to 11pm
Sunday from 5pm to 9pm
Monday - Friday from 3.30pm to 11pm (Happy Hour from from 3.30pm to 7pm)
Saturday from 4pm to 11pm (Happy Hour from 4pm to 7pm)
Sunday from 4pm to 9pm (Happy Hour all night)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steak, French
- Executive Chef: Jeffrey Hundelt
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We have a small room in our bar and lounge area that seats 10 people comfortably. Reserving other areas of our restaurant and bar is available.
- Private Party Contact: Christopher Barret 5122632801
- Entertainment: Weekly Happy Hour
Monday to Friday from 3.30pm to 7pm.
Saturday from 4pm to 7pm
Sunday from 4pm to 9p.
Thursday and Friday from 6pm to 9pm.
- Special Events: We are featuring regular wine and sake dinners and events.
Please contact us for details.
A word from Mizu Prime Steak & Sushi
Mizu is a Japanese term for Water, Fluidity, Suppleness and Magnetism. Here at Mizu Prime Steak & Sushi we offer innovative Japanese Cuisine and Sushi. Our open dining room and heated patio feature a panoramic view of the hill country. We provide a full interactive 10 seat sushi bar, a modern and inviting bar&lounge with unique cocktails and a diverse wine selection. 13 HD LCD TVs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mizu Prime Steak & Sushi reviews from OpenTable diners
- Worst meal/service I haveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012Worst meal/service I have ever had. Took 2 hours just to get first course and after that they ran out of rice for sushi. The manager acted like he didn't care. Will never go back. Definitely not what we had in mind for a new years dinner.
- Awesome menu ... soon to be sorelyFoodaholicVIPDined on 12/29/2012This was our second trip to Mizu, and we loved it as much as the first time...possibly even more! However, we were very disappointed to learn that they will be closing after New Years Eve 2013! The staff tells us they were unable to renew their lease, so this fabulous restaurant will be no longer...and will be sorely missed. The attentive service, the expansive menu of steaks, seafood, and sushi, as well as the wonderfully compiled wine list will all be missing from the Bee Cave/Lakeway dining scene. I hope the chef and staff resurface somewhere else soon...and that they tell the world where they are...as this one is/was truly a gem.Special Features:
- They went out in style, providingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/29/2012They went out in style, providing tasty food and attentive service even on their last day. I hope 2013 brings them successful ventures. The location, while stunning, probably didn't draw the right crowd for this outstanding restaurant.Special Features:
- Fantastic service, great ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/26/2012Fantastic service, great ambiance with a great view. All around a great experience and worth checking out. We don't live that close to the restaurant but will certainly be visiting again as it is well worth the drive.Special Features:
- My daughter, granddaughterrleachVIPDined on 12/19/2012My daughter, granddaughter and I had dinner at Mizu. The food was very good (Calamari for appetizer, Rockin tuna roll and diver scallops for entrees)and they provided my granddaughter with her own "special order" of steamed rice and soy sauce (three bowls!!!). They were very attentive and the waiter even made made a paper "rose" around one of the forks for the little one! We had a great time, a great meal and will definitely go back for another meal when we get the chance.Special Features:
- went for the music and foundOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/7/2012went for the music and found the food to be great - both the sushi and the steak.Special Features:
- Very nice place. Steak andOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 12/4/2012Very nice place. Steak and mash potatoes were great, sushi was ok. Great wines offered.Special Features:
- Another great night at the MizuMiloDined on 11/28/2012This is our 3rd trip here and we do live quite a distance away. We have no problems making the trip because we know its going to be good and is always worth the time. For a sushi place the steaks are really good and the servers are knowledgeable. The only downfall is the service is usually really slow so make sure you have plenty of time allocated regardless of when you show up. Also this is listed as french but is more spanish/japanese then anything else. Still highly recommend !Special Features:
- We enjoyed Mizu. The sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/18/2012We enjoyed Mizu. The sushi tasted fresh and had interesting flavors, not just the plain standard rolls. Started with the Rock Shrimp appetizer. Some pieces were a bit undercooked and gummy and I didn't care too much for the accompaniment, but overall if was good. Think drink prices and sake were a bit expensive. We will go again.Special Features:
- Aweful Experience - Bad ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/10/2012Then the real treated started when a less the friendly waitress stopped by to take our drink orders. She seemed put out to even talk to us and by the look on her face had no interest in serving our table. During ordering she kept telling me the price like I couldn’t afford to eat there which was really insulting. I haven’t been treated that bad in 20 years of eating out. She made me feel like I was a homeless guy begging for food. During the meal she never stopped by or brought silverware for us to use. The only time she talked to me after taking the order was to inform me that she had already added 18% tip to the bill since I have 4 adults and 2 kids and that the policy was parties over six have this added. Horrible Service dont go!!!!
- Food was AMAZING! ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/9/2012Food was AMAZING! Service was impeccable wish he had given us his name.Special Features:
- Service was terrible. ItJWH48VIPDined on 11/3/2012Service was terrible. It took our waiter fifteen minutes to even acknowledge us and then several more minutes to take our drink order. Then he forgot the ice tea for one of our party of four and we had to ask for it. He got our appetizer order wrong and we had to wait another fifteen minutes for something as simple as Edamame. He brought oysters Rockafeller instead of on the half shell. The food is ok but overpriced for what you get. Uchi and Uchiko are much better values and much better service. This is our third time there and I've never been impressed but this was by far the worst experience. We won't go back.Special Features:
- sushi restaurant that offers GUMBOluv2brunchVIPDined on 10/27/2012I have not been back to Mizu in a few months but have always head it to the highest regard on amazing sushi and rolls. But this weekend when I took an out of town friend there for dinner, Mizu failed to deliver on so many levels. There sushi/ roll list has been knocked down to half a page when in the past there was a whole other book for their rolls and sushi. Actually there were only 8 rolls and maybe 10 sushi dishes. The wasbi was chalky and even after adding a whole dob of it to my soy sauce there was no kick. The rolls failed to deliver in punch and taste. Our waiter was great minus that he would disappear for a whole ten minutes throughout our dinner. We ended up having to ask other waiters for refills and to order other coursesSpecial Features:
- Our first trip to Mizu wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/27/2012Our first trip to Mizu was for our anniversary. You knocked our socks off! Complimentary champagne, great atmosphere, and top-notch wait staff. Food was excellent, as well. Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Mizu great for non-Sushi lovers tooOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/27/2012One of the best views in the Hill Country. The calamari was outstanding (coming from calamari nuts!). Filet was buttery smooth (a little undercooked - had ordered medium, more rare than expected) and tasted great. Scallops were cooked and flavored very well. Garlic mash potatoes were smooth and very tasty. For dessert we ordered the Ginger Creme Brulee, which we thought might be too Gingery, but was not, very smooth, light hint of Ginger, terrific. Waitress was one of the most attentive we've ever had, always pleasant, appeared to know the menu and food preparation by heart, servings were always timely, and we never had to ask for anything that she had not already anticipated. Great dining experience. A real gem.Special Features:
- Great food, service was lacking...FantasticVIPDined on 10/12/2012We had been planning to go here for a long time. We started at the bar because we were early for our reservation. Great happy hour specials! We moved to our regular table and the server was attentive at first but it quickly went downhill from there. My friend had to place an order for her salad twice because he forgot the first time. Then the beets were still on the salad even though she asked to have them omitted. He didn't come and check on us even though he was attending to tables all around us. The food was excellent (I had the strip steak) and my wife ordered some sushi. Our friends had a sushi/sashimi platter and a chicken entree. (We won't order the crawfish roll again it was a little chewy) but overall a great meal.Special Features:
- Rude back of house staffOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/9/2012The decor and food were both very good. Our server lacked confidence, but was attentive and timely. The noise, however, was horrible. We were there on a Tuesday night and only two other tables were occupied. But the noise from the sushi bar and kitchen was unacceptable. The sushi chefs were slamming stacks of dishes throughout the evening and the kitchen was handling flatware that sounded like it was being moved rather vigorously. Lots of banging and clanging. It interrupted our conversation on numerous occasions and ruined what would otherwise be a tranquil atmosphere. That lack of concern for guests' enjoyment is rude and would prevent me from going back. Does the staff not realize their actions can be heard throughout the room?
- The steak was very mediocre.Foodie2VIPDined on 10/6/2012The steak was very mediocre. The sushi was better, but not as good as Musashino. Drink said it had fresh pineapple juice in it; it turned out it was from a can.Special Features:
- Fantastic servicecheflottoDined on 10/3/2012Server was one of the best I have ever experienced! really outstandingSpecial Features:
- Service was excellent andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2012Service was excellent and food was amazing. Everyone just loved it. Will be going back often.Special Features:
- This restaurant is a gem.OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/28/2012This restaurant is a gem. Diverse, yet refined menu that somehow manages to please everyone. Service is attentive and knowledgable.Special Features:
- Excellent experience, theSjh177Dined on 9/22/2012Excellent experience, the shashimi was very good. This is the second time we have been hereSpecial Features:
- What a wonderful experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/22/2012What a wonderful experience. Our 27th wedding anniversary and they made it special. Food was out of this world. Prepared well, served well and a beautiful view of Austin. I'll be back.Special Features:
- Beautiful restaurant and barMikePDined on 9/21/2012Beautiful restaurant and bar with an outstanding hill country view. Food is good, but pricey for the portions and quality. Service is slow when the restaurant is busy ... took 2+ hours to complete dinner for 4 people. Overall, nice place for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Good food and great views.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/15/2012Good food and great views. Nothing to complain about and I'm looking forward to going back.
- Amazing food, beautiful restaurant,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2012Amazing food, beautiful restaurant, great service!Special Features:
- Worth the trippurgatori1Dined on 9/7/2012So it's a little out of the way... The payoff is in amazing views and absolutely delicious food. The sushi rolls = among the best I've eaten in Austin (I'm a fan of uchi). Aside from the floor to ceiling windows overlooking the hill country, the dining area is open, airy, modern, but inviting. Good date place, plus the drinks are pretty fantastic, too.Special Features:
- BIG DISAPPOINTMENT! service & foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/6/2012Very excited to go here. Heard good things and first time we tried to go, it was closed. We waited and waited and they reopened and we finally got to experience it. The decor and view were awesome! Took pics and posted because it was so lovely. BUT then the service started. Waiter seemed new to waiting tables which would be fine for a Chili's or Denny's but not here. We chose the Chef's Tasting Menu thinking we would be getting the "best" dishes of the night.BIG DISAPPOINTMENT! 1st waiter brought course on top of course without letting us enjoy the one in front of us. The dishes were presented poorly and did not have good taste. One dish had goat cheese and something else and it was just a bowl of mush.
- Our waitress Laura was great!Streak40Dined on 9/2/2012Our waitress Laura was great! Our first time there! Will be back.Special Features:
- An upscale restaurant withRexellenDined on 9/1/2012An upscale restaurant with great views and covered, outdoor dining. Great for a special occasion!Special Features:
- Best Sushi in LakewayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2012We had a great time at Mizu. The Sushi was incredible and very fresh. Our waiter was knowlageable and provided great menu options. I would recommend thus restaurant for Sushi, Steak and wine lovers.Special Features:
- Great place for a specialOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2012Great place for a special occasion, or to take foodies from out of town. We were very i The view overlooksmpressed with the view, food and service. The restaurant overlooks the hill country- I'd recommend dining before the sun goes down so you can enjoy the view. We loved the maguro sashimi which is a type of raw tuna which they serve in a delicious sauce with goat cheese. The salmon entree was also delicious...cooked and seasoned just right. I'd also recommend the crawfish specialty sushi roll....to die for. Overall this place exceeded my expectations. It's pricy but after you try dining there, you'll understand why. It's worth the 35 minute +/- drive from Austin.Special Features:
- My husband and I came to MizuOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2012My husband and I came to Mizu for our date night. It's a beautiful place with fantastic food! The calamari was amazing! Our waiter, Kevin, was very attentive and knowledgable. It was a great evening and we will definitely be going back!Special Features:
- Everything I ate was delicious.PesecaninaVIPDined on 8/29/2012Everything I ate was delicious. Service was great. The view was amazing. It was really far out.....Special Features:
- Great food, slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/25/2012The food was wonderful, but it took 3 hours to get through a five course meal including sushi, shasimi, salad, entree and dessert.. We waited approximately 20 minute after finishing one course before the next arrived. We were exhausted by the time we finished. The waiter explained that the sushi bar was backed up, but that didn't explain why the entrees took so long--just ordered a steak. Then, it was explained that the bread pudding would take 15 minutes (it would have been nice to know earlier in the meal) but 15 minutes later they brought out a cheesecake instead. We didn't want that so waited another 15 minutes for the bread pudding--which was delicious.Special Features:
- Mizu Does It Again!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2012Mizu does it again! We were at Mizu for the first time since they re-opened and were not sure what we would find. Happily, things were the same as before and we had a great meal with some friends. The only drawback was that the Sushi kitchen was running behind so we waited longer than usual for our food. The good news was that the waiter kept us informed about the delay so we weren't kept in the dark. We will be back to visit this neighborhood gem very soon!Special Features:
- definately worth a try !OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/24/2012Under new management since it reopened after the fire. Great new Sushi Chef, offering non-traditional sushi conbinations ... really good ... would go back again ...Special Features:
- great!wnttVIPDined on 8/21/2012very good food!! the scenic view is great!! will for sure go back!!Special Features:
- My girlfriend and I went thereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/2012My girlfriend and I went there for her 30th birthday on a Monday night. Upon arriving our table was ready and was right next to the big rear windows. We were greeted by our (not so knowledgeable) waitress shortly after to place our drink orders. It was during this time I had figured out why you don't make a restaurant of that size with wood floors and rock walls (LOUD). We had proceeded to order dinner starting off with oysters Rockefeller which were amazing! From there we proceeded to the sushi rolls. My girlfriend and I LOVE sushi and probably eat it once a week. I have to be honest, the sushi was mediocre. I am used to eating at restaurants where tabs are around 80-120 but I couldn't believe ours was $94 with as little as we ordered.Special Features:
- Expensive, but delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2012Great experience. Great food. Will definitely come back.Special Features: