Miyama Japanese Steak House and Sushi Bar
9101 Kimmer Drive
Lone Tree, CO 80124Neighborhood:
Tech Center / Greenwood Village
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
Miyama Japanese Steak House and Sushi Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.miyamaofcolorado.com/
- Phone: 3037061777
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:00am -2:00pm, Saturday: Lunch 12:00 -4:00pm Sunday : Lunch 12:00 - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steakhouse, Japanese
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Miyama's fresh sushi and appetizer platters are sure to be a hit at your next gathering. We have a number of different pre-set options or customize your own. Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Miyama of Colorado will work with you to provide the perfect private party environment to suit your needs. In fact, Miyama was recently voted the number one restaurant for groups by Open Table customers. We have two private rooms that will seat up to 18 adults comfortably. We also have two larger rooms that can accommodate up to 60 people each. Set menus are also available.
- Private Party Contact: Conni or Chris 3037061777
- Entertainment: When you dine at our teppanyaki tables our chefs will regale you with a variety of tricks, pyrotechnics, and witty repertoire. All of this while they prepare world class cuisine right before your eyes.
A word from Miyama Japanese Steak House and Sushi Bar
In Japan, the word Miyama means 'beautiful mountain'. Here in Colorado, it translates into a memorable dining experience in a striking aura of Japanese tradition and decor. The ambience is stepped in history-everywhere you look, you will see rare Japanese antiques and artifacts, including 200 year-old Samurai armor and priceless Japanese 'Tansu' chests. The traditional element of Miyama's decor and cuisine is further enhanced by servers wearing brilliantly colored Kimonos. Whether, you enjoy world class sushi in the Sushi Bar and Lounge; or, prefer dining on premium steak and seafood while being entertained by the Teppan Chef at one of the sixteen 'habachi'tables, Miyama guarantees a memorable dining experience for the entire family, where children are welcomed with a special kids menu and private dining rooms are available for special occasions. **Please note that you are booking for Teppan seats. Please contact the restaurant directly for Sushi reservations**Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Miyama Japanese Steak House and Sushi Bar - Best Restaurants in Tech Center / Greenwood Village ›
Miyama Japanese Steak House and Sushi Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (25)special occasion (24)kid-friendly (17)fit for foodies (7)neighborhood gem (6)great for lunch (4)vibrant bar scene (2)romantic (2)hot spot (2)Show More
- Special dinnerbrummyguyDined on 9/13/2014Our chef was efficient and entertaining. Food was cooked perfectly and was tasty. A great experience.Special Features:
- DisappointingnotthatpickyDined on 9/6/2014Service was good but food was flavorless and bland. The chef who prepared the food for us hardly used any oil, butter, or seasonings...you know the things that make your food taste extra good when you go out to eat! The vegetables tasted like erasers and the fried rice like erasers with egg added. The dipping sauces provided for the food were a ginger sauce and a mustard sauce and they both were way too overpowering and very very salty. We expected at least one creamy sauce for fish and veggies like every other Japanese Steakhouse we've been to. Overall it's a shame because with the great service it could be a successful restaurant but I will be taking my $100 elsewhere until the chef finds his way to the garlic butter and soy sauce.
- Fantastic find!Tgregg13Dined on 8/30/2014Great restaurant! Awesome food and the prices are surprisingly reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!nee818Dined on 8/18/2014The staff was outstanding! The food was awesome! Being it was my birthday I ended up with 2 scoops of ice cream You get a lot of food for the money and since you watch you food being cooked right in front makes it fun to eat the great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty and funDateNightFoodiesDined on 8/16/2014We have been here a few times and each on has been great food and fun. Nice to go with family or quite a few friends. Staff has always been excellent and very responsive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/3/2014Would recommend as a great place for any occassion, and particularly for larger groups and special outings.Special Features:
- Bad ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Food was average and not prepared in proper order, i.e. vegetables and rice were cooked and served before salad was served. Charged extra for fried rice, even though the whole party ordered the most expensive combo from the menu.
- Oh so goodhzleyesVIPDined on 8/1/2014Good prepared perfect and gr8 sauces I eat there every time I come to town from vegasSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!grizgirlDined on 7/26/2014We have mostly had sushi here, but everything we've had has been great! Our only complaint is that the wait staff doesn't seem to be happy we are there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExpensiveFrequentRestaurantFlyer1Dined on 6/30/2014We sat at one of the cooking tables. The guy was very friendly and the food was prepared well. Had this been the only place of its kind I had ever been, I may have enjoyed it more. However, it isn't and I've had better. If you think you will be getting Yum Yum sauce, think again. In addition, the soup had an odd flavor and the salad dressing was bitter. Overall, it was OK, just not great and very expensive.
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/8/2014Memorable outing for special occasion celebration. Very entertaining for young and old.Special Features:
- Birthday PartyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014We had our 11 year olds birthday party here and it was fantastic. All of the kids were excited and just next door to Brunswick to finish up the party with laser tag, bowling and games.Special Features:
- Nice place for a fun dinnerJohnnyDined on 5/31/2014Family tried this place for the 1st time and was pleasantly surprised, with an opentable res that I set before I left the house we were seated immediately, while the same size walkin party ahead of us was told it would be a 20 minute wait.. sports bar-ish on one side and hibachi grill on the other, everything was good.. steak portions seemed a bit light, but didn't leave hungry.. we will return!Special Features:
- Watch where they try to seat youFoodCriticVIPDined on 5/31/2014Been going to this place for years - I would say it's better than Benihana and in a much nicer space. HOWEVER, this last time was the last time. We arrived on time for our 7:30 reservation. At around 7:45 they tried to stick the 2 of us at a table with 8 other people - so our 2 seats would not have been in front of the cooking surface. Totally unacceptable. We were ultimately seated around 8 at another table, the people were nice and we had a good time, but you CAN'T SEAT PEOPLE AT A TEPPAN RESTAURANT WHERE THEY AREN'T DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF THE COOKING SURFACE - OTHERWISE WHAT'S THE POINT?
- The following 378 reviews are from the Miyama Japanese Steak House and Sushi Bar reviews archive.
- Great food, but the show is lackingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/16/2014My wife and I went to Miyama for our 5th anniversary. The food was amazing! We've been to several different Japanese restaurants like this and hands down this was the best food. Unfortunately, we were a bit disappointed by the show the chef put on. He hardly spoke and seemed more concerned with getting the meal right than entertaining us. The show really is half the appeal of this type of dining and it wasn't very good. We will definitely go back, but we'll be hoping for a different chef.Special Features:
- Food & EntertainmentLC02Dined on 5/16/2014Enjoyed our lunch... it was wonderful, freshly prepared food... along with the enjoyment of watching it being prepared before our eyes... great fun!Special Features:
- FunValentineDined on 5/11/2014Food is always good and the chefs are great. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good serviceColoradodocDined on 5/4/2014The hibachi chefs do a dandy job of providing entertainment while cooking your meal. The food was quite tasty, high quality and well prepared. Somewhat surprisingly, the quantity was plenty for even the big appetites. We (a group of 7) were there for dinner. While the restaurant seems to expect their patrons to be celebrating something, and inquired many times about birthdays, anniversaries, or engagements, they seemed almost taken aback when we kept saying there was no reason other than just dinner. The place is laid out as a typical hibachi restaurant and is noisy, though not deafeningly so. The experience (and food) rings in at about $40 per person without liquor. A 19% tip is included on parties over 6. Recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/3/2014We watched the chef burn our food horribly and forget to cook a couple dishes. A couple at our table got up and left abruptly.. Will never go backSpecial Features:
- Birthday FunSusieDined on 4/27/2014Great place for family fun - we loved it! Took the family for dad's 83rd birthday - perfect!Special Features:
- My family and I love this place!!!!NewbiesDined on 4/25/2014I highly recommend bringing your family here for good food and fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy hibachiWCDavDined on 4/19/2014Great for kids and for birthdays. Food is quite tasty and entertaining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/12/2014We were looking for a Japanize hibachi restaurant in the Lone Tree/Parker area and chose Miyama based on their web-site claim for ambiance. Their claim was well founded. I'd call it elegant contemporary Japanize. But that was just the start. We were a party of eight including the grandkids, 7 and 10, celebrating our son-in-law's birthday, and all were well entertained by the hibachi chef. Everyone loved their food choices, even the grandkids. Their is a very nice wine list, reasonably priced, and the cocktails are generous. The service was outstanding. We made a good choice. Hope you do too. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantBobhutt99Dined on 3/31/2014Living on the East Coast what a wonderful surprise in finding such a nice Japanese restaurant in Denver. Good food. Great service and nice wait staff. If you are looking for a top notch Japanese restaurant that can hold its own against the very best then give Miyama a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MiyamaSaura000Dined on 3/29/2014We're so happy we chose Miyama for our 25 year anniversary dinner. We had a private room and the service and food were outstanding.Special Features:
- Very SatisfiedHattieDined on 3/22/2014I've been to Miyama several times for dinner. This was the first time I've been for lunch. You get the same "show" as at dinner, so it's a fun time and well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoy dinner and a show all in onekht40Dined on 3/15/2014Diego, decidedly non-Japanese and wearing a Broncos chef's cap, engaged the table of diners with his entertaining skills while cooking a delicious dinner. Fun evening out with family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better experience this timeC2computerVIPDined on 3/14/2014We have been going here for a long time, last time was not very good but decided to try it again. This time was much better so food and service good. Still feel a little rushed at times but that is typical for this type of restaurant on a weekend. Overall we would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome SushiCAP001Dined on 3/14/2014The service at Miyama is great, and it's also not so noisy making it ideal for work meetings over lunch. I would recommend getting the Monkey Brain appetizer - it leads to discussion, yet it's really good. I've been to Miyama before, but have always had some sort of teriyaki. This time I tried the Take Sushi platter with California, Yellow Tail, and Crunchy Roll sushi. It was delicious.Special Features:
- Fun but missing great valuegusoDined on 2/28/2014Tried out this tepanyaki grill experience for Restaurant Week, and did enjoy it. Food was good, grill chef was capable and entertaining, other staff remarkably courteous and efficient. However at the new Restaurant Week price of $60 for two this was more expensive than usual dinner deals or even regular menu. The restaurant really did not/could not add value to this dining experience from the cost angle. They should throw in a bottle of wine to make it any kind of deal--in the meantime they oddly upcharged the bottle by $1 over what was on the printed wine list, and indeed on their website--do they not think their customers are observant? But we enjoyed it, it would be fun for out-of-town guests, especially with children.
- Satisfied Everytime!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/28/2014Miyama is a restaurant that has amazing food and leaves me satisfied everytime I fine there. Great for dinners with family and friends and very accomadating for larger parties!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very comfortable!RosieDined on 2/25/2014Overall it was comfortable! Service was great, food was good and well I went during the week so it wasn't noisy.Special Features:
- We ate at one of the TeppenFoodLoverDined on 2/23/2014We ate at one of the Teppen tables - was fine but nothing special. Egg rolls were not good. Gyoza may have been good but no dipping sauce came with them so took a lot away from the full flavor for us. Can't talk very easily among a group because that room is so noisy but if going for the show of the chef and don't want to have to make smalltalk, this would be a great place. If we get down there we may try their regular dining room.Special Features:
- Fabulous Hibachi!nic4asuDined on 2/23/2014We had a wonderful time at the hibachi grill. The foid was excellent and the entertainment (the chef) was funny and happy. I would recommend this to anyone who wants a special night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner & the BEST dessert!lovinlife313Dined on 2/22/2014First time at this restaurant & enjoyed a wonderful dinner-shrimp was amazing! Chefs are entertaining. We were pleasantly surprised by the best dessert ever - the tempura brownie! It's a must have & worth the calories!!Special Features:
- not what we were hoping for.MrMecDined on 2/22/2014We eat at The Mt. Fuli Japanese Steak House in Westminster at least once a month. So we thought we would try a new Japanese Teppan restaurant. We were just a little disappointed with the service and quality of food. We watched several chefs put on great shows for the guests at other tables but when our chef did his show for us it was just a little lacking from what we saw. We were also looking forward to fried noodles and they don't even offer them. That might be my fault for not looking to see if they serve them I just assumed they did...
- Not Just SushiCHBEARDined on 2/21/2014What a great find for SUSHI! Not only do they have Teppan-style but a fabulous SUSHI bar/menu! We especially tested them with EIGHT (8) orders of their UNI....which was FRESH & absolutely wonderful! Definitely worthy of future return visits!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad nightRedHeadStaceyVIPDined on 2/16/2014This was our 3rd trip to this location. The prior two trips in 2012 and 2013 were routinely pleasant dining experiences, but the staff on this most recent trip was either having a bad night, or they had the B team in. From the waitress to the bartender to the sushi chef to the hibachi chef, they were ALL having a really off night. The waitress messed up our order, the sushi chef didnt roll any of the rolls correctly and they fell apart, the hibachi chef knocked over several water glasses and the broken glass bounced off the floor and landed on our plates, in our food. to top that off, throughout the night it took 15-20 minutes to get a single drink back from the bar. the manager comped our alcohol, but that isnt enough to bring us back.Special Features:
- great experienceawesomerodDined on 2/14/2014this was a great experience for our first time. i would come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family Friendly Good TimeLambrightDined on 2/14/2014Miyama was a vivarant high quality Japanese grill. We enjoyed the open concept and open bar. A nice suburban restaurant.Special Features: