420 Castro St
Mountain View, CA 94041Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mixxmv.com/
- Phone: 650-966-8124x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 4pm - 9pm
Monday: Thursday: 11:30am - 10pm
Friday: 11:30am - 11pm
Saturday: 4pm - 11pm
Happy Hour Mon-Fri: 3:30pm - 6:30pm; Sat-Sun 4pm - 6:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ryan Shelton
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer off premise catering for groups of 20-200. Menu selections include snacks, appetizers, buffet, sit down, and full bar. Please call restaurant for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Social lounge perfect for cocktails, passed snacks, appetizers, and robust buffets.
- Private Party Contact: Mixx Management 8772524360
- Entertainment: Join us for HAPPY HOUR Served Monday-Friday from 3:30pm - 6:30pm, Saturday-Sunday 4pm - 6:30pm. Watch and play games in our social lounge.
- Special Events: Grand Opening Saturday September 13, 2014. Let's MIXX!
A word from MIXX
Sexy foods, flavors, and restaurant design, including a full bar, social lounge with games, activities, large screen TV's, and outdoor patio dining. Think of us as a Contemporary American Melting Pot, where food traditions from many cultures combine to create an eclectic menu and dining experience. The bar features oak barrels in which we create our own cocktails and aged spirits. Our social lounge is perfect for relaxing with friends and for corporate events. Lunch served Monday - Friday, leading into Daily Happy Hour from 3:30pm - 6:30pm, Weekends 4pm - 6:30pm, and dinner served nightly. Let's MIXX!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
MIXX reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (19)fit for foodies (18)neighborhood gem (11)good for groups (11)great for lunch (9)vibrant bar scene (9)hot spot (5)late-night find (4)special occasion (3)notable wine list (1)kid-friendly (1)romantic (0)great for brunch (0)scenic view (0)Show More
- Nice Addition To Castro StreeTerriVIPDined on 10/19/2014Our group enjoyed the fun presentations. The menu is a bit too limited, so that will keep us from coming back too often. Everyone enjoyed their meal. The waiter told us that the chef doesn't make menu changes. After a little chat with the manager, we did get something changed. We were at Mixx 1 month after opening. I'm sure they will adjust the amount of staff/kitchen staff to speed up service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the food!, but nothing elseBeeandCeeVIPDined on 10/18/2014Great food, friendly staff, but they have to get their act together - had to send back the "flaming Mojitto" to get it aflame! Appetizers came in spurts and last appetizer came after our entree! But the saving grace was their food - fresh seafood, well cooked and innovative dishes, and outstanding presentation! Even their play on coffee and donuts for the desserts was inspired!!! Will definitely be going back, hopefully they will improve on their food service issues by then.Special Features:
- Good food, service needs workcb2013VIPDined on 10/18/2014The food was very good, although the menu is a bit too "foodie" in some cases (e.g., the salad has "runny egg" in it) and the chef is unwilling to make substitutions (I ordered sole with risotto & was told I could not substitute greens for the risotto). The service, however, needs serious attention. Our server was unfamiliar with the bar and wine menu, the appetizers took over 45 minutes to arrive, one of the appetizers didn't arrive/had to be re-ordered, and we had to remind them several times to bring items we'd ordered. Overall, the operations seemed to be running poorly (they mentioned the kitchen was backed up; server seemed frazzled). I'm bumping them up to three stars (good) because the management proactively reduced the bill.Special Features:
- Thought I was going to Scott'sSALrtDined on 10/18/2014Would not give us a booth. Had to ask for water. Had to return the cocktail drink. Polenta was like soup. Fish was tasteless.Waiter did not know his menu.Braise ribs were over done.
- A True MixxrandynDined on 10/18/2014The food was good and diversified. Not a romantic or classy type of restaurant, but more of a sports bar/casual atmosphere. My honey ginger ribs were an excellent hors de ouvre and the short ribs were delicious. The caesar salad was a bit over drenched with dressing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, poor serviceGhostpuppet23Dined on 10/17/2014Two separate visits, same experience. Owner comped desserts due to abysmal service. Where's the service improvement plan?
- A fun place for meeting & unwindingCarloLDined on 10/17/2014Mixx is a nice and convenient spot to sit outdoors and enjoy their happy hour cocktails. The service was just right and also accommodating.Special Features:
- Open to returningDebbieDined on 10/16/2014Service was good. Menu looks interesting. I would come back and try other dishes. Can't really give a final rating based on one dish right?Special Features:
- msiddenssquiddoDined on 10/11/2014Welcome to the new neighbor in town. Worth a visit or two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Change for the betterDaveVIPDined on 10/11/2014Mixx has turned out very well. We were very pleasantly surprised by the updated food choices. We started out with the butter lettuce salad which was terrific. We also had a ceasar salad that was good too. My wife and I shared some small plates. The crab cakes were terrific as were the lamb meatballs. The stuffed squash was good. The three small plates were plenty for the two of us. Our son had the flank steak and frites. It was cooked as ordered but he felt is was a little too salty. The frites were fresh and crispy. This is definitely a place we will return to soon.Special Features:
- DisappointedMenuMavenDined on 10/11/2014We went to Mixx with high hopes.......we were disappointed. The space is big, empty on the Saturday night and dark. On the upside, it was quiet enough to talk! The bar menu is great and the specialty cocktails were quite good. For starters, we had "Lotsa Chips with Crab Dip". Dip was great......the chips were a small portion. We also ordered the lettuce wraps....ice cold and no flavor although the dipping sauces were good. Two of us ordered chicken with waffles....very soggy waffles. One had the tofu stir fry and thought it was okay. Two had the cheeseburgers and thought they were good. We had specialty coffees for dessert and one of us had the cookie ice cream sandwich. It was fine. I'd go back for drinks but not for dinner.Special Features:
- Interesting MenuRocky35VIPDined on 10/10/2014Mixx replaces Scott's which replaced Cantankerous Fish. It's run by the folks who run Max's Deli and Scott's still has an interest in it. The menu is quite varied with dishes you might not find elsewhere. The restaurant has been remodeled from Scott's and is quite comfortable. Service was great. We had a light lunch of crab cakes (nicely made with plenty of crab), lacquered duck legs and wings (very good) and matzoh ball soup (OK but not as good as Max's). They also have a Happy Hour that's worth checking out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful foodJeanDined on 9/27/2014There were 8 of us and we ordered four different entrees and all were delicious and served hot. One suggestion. I love the outdoor area, but they need to add a couple more heaters!Special Features:
- Good FoodNewExperiencesVIPDined on 9/26/2014Scotts Seafood in Mountain View has now changed to MIXX. The menu is good, with a lot of choices, but not too many that it makes it impossible to choose. I got the half chicken and I enjoyed it. Someone else in my group got the chicken and waffles and loved it. The service was sub par. We ordered a beer and it didn't come for at least 30 min. The waitress never came and checked in on us, and the manager and owner didn't check in on us until after we got our food. It took about an hour from ordering to get the food. All in all, it was a good experience, minus the service.Special Features:
- I loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014The food and cocktails were wonderful! My favorite was the crab dip & chips and the Kale salad was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, a bit high pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/18/2014The food was good, as was the wine we had; wine list is a bit short by the glass, but we weren't picky We got the roast chicken and duck. Both dishes had highlights (sauces). Duck was a bit overcoooked, but otherwise food was solid. The greens with the duck, sauce, roasted plums were all. Prices higher than expected for what they provide though. Had bananas Mixx for dessert - this was awesome. Banana medallions were just excellent! Salted caramel ice cream bit too salty for me but the wife liked it. Ambience could use a little attention; it felt too loud / almost bar style, less intimate than I would want for what they charge Service was great, had multiple servers come by and take care of us, suggest things, explain the food, etc.Special Features:
- The following 96 reviews are from the MIXX reviews archive.