420 Castro St
Mountain View, CA 94041Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.scottsseafoodmv.com/
- Phone: 6509668124
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Ramon Nava
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer off premise catering for groups of 20-200. Menu selections include of hor’s d oeuvres, buffet,
sit down, and full bar. Please call restaurant for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Have Scott's make your next event special!
- Private Party Contact: Event Coordinator 8772524360
- Entertainment: Join us for HAPPY HOUR - Served Monday-Friday from 3:30pm - 6:30pm and Weekends 430pm - 630pm $5 Small Plates, $3 Draft Beers, $3 House Wine & Well Drinks
- Special Events: Book For Valentines Day $100 per couple each person recieves Beet salad or Lobster Bisque, Main Course is Filet and Lobster Dinner, and for dessert a molten chocolate cake. Each lady will recieve a rose!
A word from MIXX
Since opening its doors in 2003, MIXX has enjoyed rave reviews for its fresh cuisine, attractive presentation and attentive staff. Modern art and colorful interior give the restaurant a relaxed, vibrant feel. A recent remodel and expansion has created a beautiful banquet room, full bar and cocktail lounge. This is a perfect place for a romantic evening, formal business luncheon, or casual dinner with family or friends. We also offer patio dining. Voted Mountain View’s Best Seafood 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 & 2011!!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
MIXX reviews from OpenTable diners
- Scott's Seafood suppose yoOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/28/2013Scott's Seafood suppose yo honor "Passport". However, it refused to honor it on its especial dinner, even though there is neither a reference on the menu, nor has been mentioned in any other way, that this item is excluded from any discount.
- Pre performance siteSonnyjDined on 12/7/2012Great place to meal before attending performance at Mt View Center for Preforming Arts.
- Great Food in Downtown Mountain VieMtViewCaliCatDined on 11/3/2012This is a lovely restaurant that often gets over looked in the Downtown Mountain View area. The food is really outstanding, the service great, and the noise only moderate. My family and I have been here for both lunch and dinner and found ourselves completely happy both times. Some in our group love sea food and some don't eat sea food at all, and both tastes were equally accommodated and satisfied. It is a more modern and upscale vibe that the usual Mountain View fare and really a fantastic option. In warmer months the outdoor area is very comfortable and a nice place to enjoy an evening.Special Features:
- Food was typical Scott's -PaulVIPDined on 8/13/2012Food was typical Scott's - OK, but nothing special. Too much sauce, too little taste.Special Features:
- This is the place to go whenOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/3/2012This is the place to go when Cascal next door gets too busy.
- yummyTORCVIPDined on 8/26/2011GREAT - I am not a big fish eater - but everything we ordered was fantastic.Special Features:
- Not as good as I remember.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/19/2011Not as good as I remember. The service was meh, the food was just ok and the ambiance kind of reminds me of a hotel restaurant.
- I have dined here about 4OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/7/2010I have dined here about 4 times and find that the service and food are very variable, depending on who is working that night. It's very hard to get the attention of the wait staff or even the busboys to get a water or bread refill. Overall, the food is good but not memorable.
- It has been moderately filledOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/14/2010It has been moderately filled with a nice mellow atmosphere each time I have been here, but the food has been reliably good. It's not cheap, but no good seafood really should be.
- This place is great for outdoorJimCVIPDined on 9/30/2008This place is great for outdoor drinks on the plaza in summertime. Look like a hot spot for singles.Special Features:
- Excellent food. It was a quietLIndaDined on 9/28/2008Excellent food. It was a quiet evening and teh wait staff was attentive but not in the way.Special Features:
- Had the mussels as appetizerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/17/2008Had the mussels as appetizer and jambalaya as entre, sat outside for a late business lunch. Hit the spot on all levels.Special Features:
- Food was very good - niceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/12/2008Food was very good - nice menu. Service was not good.Special Features:
- Great for dinner before theOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/11/2008Great for dinner before the show at Mountain View Center for the performing arts. 1/2 block away. Service was outstanding!Special Features:
- Best black cod preparation.dinerVIPDined on 9/11/2008Best black cod preparation. Keep it on the menu. All dishes are flavorful.Special Features:
- The food was awesome. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/11/2008The food was awesome. Service was a little lacking on beverage refills and slow on the post entree serving "check back" (Is everything OK?). I HATE late checkbacks when your entree is half gone. Only other negative is that the special listed a mahi-mahi. Seafood guides say to avoid imported mahi mahi. When I aksed for the source, the server came back after asking, and the kitchen told her "It's from the US but comes from everywhere.". Shame on the Exec Chef for not properly briefing the staff. It's a seafood restaurant. More consumers are becoming aware of poor fishing tactics and overfishing. So I always put my critical stuff up front: Busboy service was great, both entrees delightful, crab dip awesome. A- overall.Special Features:
- Nice atmosphere, good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/10/2008Nice atmosphere, good food for business dinner for 5. A larger selection on the wine list would be appreciated.Special Features:
- This was a fantastic placeBob0117VIPDined on 9/9/2008This was a fantastic place all around. Great food at reasonable prices and stupendous, attentive service. Great location, excellent outside dining in an pleasant area of Mountain View. I plan on coming back here many, many times! We arrived at 705pm (late) and had to tell the waitress we had a 730pm play to go to. She put things into high gear and we had our food within a few minutes and were at the theater with time to spare! I cannot say enough good things about this restaurant!Special Features:
- It is right next to the PerformingDianeDined on 8/23/2008It is right next to the Performing Arts Center. They also have music outdoors - really enjoyableSpecial Features:
- Food was over spiced. ChefDanRVIPDined on 8/19/2008Food was over spiced. Chef had a very heavy hand with the salt shaker.
- Really great service and deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/13/2008Really great service and delicious food! Perfect for a personal or professional lunch!Special Features:
- Food was tasty, though a bitOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/12/2008Food was tasty, though a bit expensive for what was delivered to the table. The abalone appetizer was a real treat. It may have just been that day, but every dish (appetizer, salad, main dish) had a large dose of either red bell peppers, green apple matchsticks, or both. It made the food a bit boring, as the highlights were all the same flavors. Also, a review of the bill revealed items that had not been ordered, which was corrected. Could not seem to get a simple drink refilled.Special Features:
- The food was good, but myOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/6/2008The food was good, but my request for a special dessert (because it was our anniversary) was never even mentioned, and it was rather expensive.Special Features:
- The food was really good!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/6/2008The food was really good! The service sucked. we had a rude server who rolled her eyes when we asked her a question, and seemed to be bothered to serve us. She never checked on us during the meal, we never got our second round of drinks, and she brought us desert menus and never cleared the table. Then she never came back to take our desert order. The bus boy was more of a server than she was, and that's who we tipped! The Manager was useless and made no attempt to fix the problem so that we might come back some time. So even though the food was great the whole experience left a horrible taste in our mouths.
- Horrible and over priced.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/5/2008Horrible and over priced. Could not have been more disappointed. My brother had the same experience. At least get the food right! This is a bar, dressed up as a cafe.Special Features:
- We had the worst service ofOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/3/2008We had the worst service of any restaurant that we have ever been to. The server and the manager were incredibly rude and insulting when we politely asked if they could check on what was taking our child's meal so long to be served (55 minutes). We have eaten there many times in the past, and will never go back.
- Good fish, reasonably pricedVdayDinersDined on 7/3/2008Good fish, reasonably priced (except for specials that are overpriced)and very pleasant.Special Features:
- My friend and I had a delighfulPhilDined on 7/2/2008My friend and I had a delighful lunch on the patio.Special Features:
- Everyone agreed their mealsGaryVIPDined on 6/21/2008Everyone agreed their meals were delicious. Nice service touch: the barman came over personally to inform us he was lacking an ingredient for a special cocktail one of us had ordered and suggested an alternative. Otherwise, service was prompt yet unrushed.Special Features:
- The food was adequate. HoweverOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/19/2008The food was adequate. However the waitress could use better manners when serving. For example, she referred to me as "sweethart" when asked what I wanted to order. I find this very rude. She should not use "endearments" when serving female customers.
- Had the Tuna 2 ways - whileOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/17/2008Had the Tuna 2 ways - while i loved the flavors and perfect searing, i thought the menu item needed a side of asian coleslaw, or some type of grain/couscous or something else beside the tuna. I really enjoyed the food but left rather hungry.Special Features:
- 'Ahi tuna two ways' was theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/16/2008'Ahi tuna two ways' was the best food at The Cantankerous Fish.
- I was very pleased with howOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/15/2008I was very pleased with how kid-friendly the restaurant was, while still having a diverse and interesting menu.Special Features:
- My first meal at The CantakerousOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/14/2008My first meal at The Cantakerous Fish was the perfect father's day dining experince. We started out with the fried calimari at time tested favorite which wasn't overly battered or overly fried so you could actually taste the calimari. I ordered the Red Snapper that had a chorizo sauce which overwhelmed me with an explosion of flavor, perfect for anyone who enjoys a spicy yet rich flavor. The wine pairing was interesting (Reisling) and a very good choice but probably from my lack of a depth of pallete probably didn't get everything out of the pairing itself. For dessert we order the cheescake which ended up being the perfect end to a perfect meal. Portions were excellent and the price was on par with what was serverd.Special Features:
- A place I can count on forOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 6/14/2008A place I can count on for a great meal. Fish is prepared with creativity - always fresh. I've never been able to order dessert, though, as I always order the ahi starter and a main course and I'm too full. Excellent crab cakes, too. I've always had attentive servers who know the food and the wine, but are not at all intrusive. A bit noisy, but conversations are easy in one of the booths. Parking is easy, and a stroll down Castro Street is always fun afterwards.Special Features:
- The Cantankerous Fish sitsNicknameDined on 6/13/2008The Cantankerous Fish sits between gourmet and affordable, but it sends mixed messages. The decor tries to be upscale, the food is somewhere in between, and the wait staff pushes drinks (probably to raise the bill and tip).Special Features:
- After hearing the descriptionOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/13/2008After hearing the description of the Daily Lunch Special, all three of us decided to order the special... Only then did our server explain that he "thought" there were only two portions left. He checked for us and discovered ONLY ONE portion was left. This left us a bit bewildered as he should have advised us of this, following his description. MORE bewildering was the question we were left with: HOW can a restaurant RUN OUT of the lunch special at 12:00 NOON when the restaurant was well over 2/3 EMPTY inside and effectively half-empty outside? Very poor management, in my opinion! This is the reason that service was rated as basically "MEDIOCRE". Not sure if I will return. PLEASE SEND THIS TO THE MANAGEMENT. Ted in San Jose
- Service can be faster...thereOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/8/2008Service can be faster...there were only 3-4 tables at that time (~5:30pm) but we still had to wait a long time for the waiter and later for the food.
- The food was excellent. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/7/2008The food was excellent. The restaurant was fairly empty (it was an early dinner).Special Features:
- Food was excellent! Unfortunately,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/5/2008Food was excellent! Unfortunately, the server kept forgetting about bringing my dad coffee.Special Features: